Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 10:09:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228019 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash is playing aswell as he as ever played
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash is playing aswell as he as ever played  (Read 5887 times)
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2007, 06:31:31 PM »

For me personally, I enjoy Slash's playing so much more now than at any point in his career.

Everything seems to have focus, less is more so to speak.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
snakepipero
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2007, 06:32:47 PM »

For me personally, I enjoy Slash's playing so much more now than at any point in his career.

Everything seems to have focus, less is more so to speak.

i think the same
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2007, 06:36:34 PM »

when you watch his performance with guns in chicago 92, he sets HIGH standards i have to say.

but i felt he kept those up at the donnington show with VR

html sucks
Tatu
Rocker

God

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2007, 06:40:19 PM »

Slash is playing like always again! That's true.

I'll wait for his bandmates to do the same

You really know who's Maradona!
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2007, 07:55:26 PM »

I'll wait for his bandmates to do the same

Care to elaborate?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
sweetness
Opening Act

Its So Easy

« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2007, 08:04:24 PM »

I agree, he absolutly tore it up at the Detroit gig

"I might be a little young but honey I aint naive"
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2007, 11:43:56 PM »

I hope to see them in 07. Saw VR twice in 04 and once in 05 and Slash played fine then. If he is better now, more power to him. But I saw nothing to criticize in 04 or 05.

THe more time Slash spends around the guitar, the better he will become - certainly in his ability to play.
I was really impressed with his performance at the PNC in May 2005 and look foward to seeing them again around NYC

MNW

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
deadtotheworld
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2007, 12:28:28 PM »

SlashBOG - Laugh all you want about that System of a Down comment fella... it is a sad state of affairs when a band Im not really into deliver a better live performance than my heroes in VR.

All in all I think Slash is amazing, I really believe though that a better songwriter and arranger or even a different producer could bring so much more out of Slash and put him back on top of the world - we can only hope that the new album is the best thing since sliced bread, and hope he goes out on top rather than fade into insignificance like Metallica are doing at the moment.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2007, 01:16:13 PM »

SlashBOG - Laugh all you want about that System of a Down comment fella... it is a sad state of affairs when a band Im not really into deliver a better live performance than my heroes in VR.

Its your sad state of affairs.  I think youre failing to recognize that most of the posters on this board dont share your opinion.
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2007, 10:39:33 PM »

Please dont take this as sounding like a complete asshole, but there isnt really a better way to put it but..... If you think VR are a stunning live band - you are definately in for a treat in future years, because there is so many better live bands and performers out there!
I suppose its all down to standards and how things measure up, cos its only natural to compare bands and live experiences, but VR arent even in my top 15 best live experiences! Granted ive seen alot of bands over the years... Megadeth, Metallica, Guns N Roses, Machine head, Van Halen, White Zombie, Slayer, DLR, Gary Moore, System of a Down and lots lots more - all better live than VR. Maybe I caught VR on a bad night, but there is another thread on here that has similar opinions to mine about them being average or poor live.

i don't get how you got the conclusion you did from that gig. i've seen metallica, gnr, slayer, soad as you have, i've been lucky enough to see the chili peppers in a venue that had 400 people in it for the gig. that intimate with a band who right now are the biggest in the world.

and VR were just on fire on monday in manchester. it easily compared to any of the other shows i've seen.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: