Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 12:29:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Weiland's Awful Lyrics
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Weiland's Awful Lyrics  (Read 19105 times)
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #100 on: June 23, 2007, 01:19:47 PM »

I just think if your going to base how much you like a band on sales, your not a true fan. I remember Duff saying some of his favorite albums only sold 10,000 copies.

libertad
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #101 on: June 23, 2007, 07:20:05 PM »

Since when does album sales and selling out arenas necessarily make a great band? There are a lot of great bands/albums that have not sold millions.

I wasn't the one who brought up accomplishments or success, I was responding to another post.  If we're talking accomplishments and success, you can't just be selective about it.  VR has sold more albums because GnR hasn't released an album.  But despite VR's multi-platinum album and hit singles they still can't sell tickets like GnR, which is why they did a club tour to promote their album, and why they enlisted a legendary band to open for them on their upcoming tour.  GnR can still sell out arenas worldwide, still gets to headline major festivals, VR can't do those things, a point that should be noted when we're talking about success and accomplishments.  Unless you don't consider headlining multiple major rock festivals and selling out shows an accomplishment for a band to be proud of
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #102 on: June 23, 2007, 07:36:22 PM »

Dead Horse Intro is Emo --? ?Fucking come on, have some sense

How dare you!   That is rock n roll.  I wish emo bands sounded as good.   The difference is that was just an intro. 
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #103 on: June 24, 2007, 04:53:12 AM »

together, they aren't.

Hmm..

Together they've accomplished more than their prior bandmates have managed to do since each decided to go there separate ways and leave the bands that made them famous.

in terms of ? quantity ? i don't talk about music in terms of quantity, i talk
about quality (who cares about the number of songs, LPs, tours, anyway ?)

In terms of everything associated with moving forward in their musical careers.

Period.

They may have moved forward but they aren't more successful.? If they were more successful, they wouldn't be an opening act for MCR at a festival that Axl's band headlined last year.? If they were more successful, they'd be selling out arenas on continents across the globe like Axl's band is, not doing club shows to promote their new album.? I would bet that GnR's tour last year grossed more $$$ than every VR show combined, so I wouldn't say they are more successful just because they released an album.? GnR is still making more money without even releasing an album

Keep rationalizing if it makes you feel better.

There's absolutely no argument that you can make that will refute the fact that all VR
members have done more in terms everything music career related than their associates in their former bands.

Hit singles, #1 record, Grammy, successful tours etc.

As far as money goes, who knows?? Call an accountant.

Well, it depends on how you measure success.  In your terms, yes.  In terms of quality, I think Army of Anyone has made a far superior debut record than VR did.

More to the point of the thread, I don't think Weiland is a good lyricist at all.  I wouldn't even say that his strength is his melodies.  I would say that his real strength is his finely honed vocal instrument and the appealing vocal tones he shows in the middle to lower part of his range.  He has good stage presence and that is his other big strength.  He does have some great melodies on Libertad, but those are not his ultimate strength to me.

Ali
anythinggoes
« Reply #104 on: June 25, 2007, 07:01:31 AM »

Dead Horse Intro is Emo --? ?Fucking come on, have some sense

How dare you!? ?That is rock n roll.? I wish emo bands sounded as good.? ?The difference is that was just an intro.?

I didnt dare i was replying to this post

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=47062.msg957397#msg957397
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: