Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 03:23:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227995 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Chris Benoit...is a bitch.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chris Benoit...is a bitch.  (Read 18651 times)
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« on: June 25, 2007, 08:55:36 PM »

Professional wrestler Chris Benoit was found dead along with his family this afternoon in his Atlanta home, according to published reports.

The Atlanta-Journal Constitution is reporting authorities confirmed that Benoit, 40, his wife, Nancy, and their 7-year-old son were found dead at the home on Quarters and Redwine roads in Fayetteville.

Officials would not say how the family died, other than to say they weren't shot to death.

The Montreal-born Benoit, who moved to Edmonton when he was 12 years old, lived in Sherwood Park as recently as May 2000.

World Wrestling Entertainment issued a release over Benoit's death.

"World Wrestling Entertainment is deeply saddened to report that today Chris Benoit and his family were found dead in their home," the statement reads.

"There are no further details at this time, other than the Benoit family residence is currently being investigated by local authorities.

WWE spokeswoman Cheryl Kong in Toronto said Monday night?s ?Raw? TV program would serve as a tribute to Benoit and his family.

Benoit was a former world heavyweight champion, Intercontinental champion and held several tag-team titles over his career.

Benoit was scheduled to wrestle at the Vengeance pay-per-view Sunday night in Houston, but was replaced at the last minute because of what announcer Jim Ross called ?personal reasons.?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 11:36:16 AM by Almost Famous » Logged

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 09:00:31 PM »

10 bell salute

http://tenbellsaluteforchrisbenoit.ytmnd.com/

"Tonight's RAW live event has been cancelled and fans in Corpus Christi
have been sent home. Wrestlers and WWE staff are being allowed to
leave the building to mourn the passing of Chris Benoit.

The WWE wrestlers and staff were gathered together late this afternoon
and were told the tragic news that Chris Benoit, his wife Nance, and
his son Daniel were all found dead today in their home.

Tonight's RAW is now scheduled to be presented as a tribute to Chris
Benoit and his famil"

14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 10:49:01 PM »

This is some crazy sad shit.  Just read that the authorities are presuming that this was a homicide however no gunshots or stab wounds.  Hope it isn't true but I'm sure its possible that this was a homicide and then suicide by either poisoning or suffication.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 10:53:56 PM »

The latest report that I've seen is that it's being investigated as a possible murder-suicide.  Totally shocking stuff.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 11:13:16 PM »

they just got done showing the WM 20 when he won and when eddie came out to the ring and raised his hand. Kind of a tear jerkin' moment right there for me and i'm sure alot of people to see them both there together and then both within a year year and a half both gone. This is a sad, sad day for the WWE and fans accross the world. Rest in peice Benoit Cry

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 11:18:38 PM »

The latest report that I've seen is that it's being investigated as a possible murder-suicide.? Totally shocking stuff.

murder-suicide? where the fuck you hear that? maybe it was a murder but the last thing in my mind is that either him his wife or his kid fed the others decon (rat poison).

i say decon because didn't they say on the program that Benoit said he couldn't make it becuase his wife and kid were vomiting blood? The only thing i know of that does that sort of thing is basically rat poison.

and something else i don't get is if your wife and child were bleeding from the mouth wouldn't you take them to the hospital?

so many questions, hopefully we get some answers soon.

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2007, 11:56:17 PM »

This story is just breaking and more and more details are becoming available, but this is what Fox News has just posted:

Detective Bo Turner told television station WAGA that the case was being investigated as a murder-suicide, but said that could not be confirmed until the evidence was examined by a crime lab.

WAGA reported that investigators believe Benoit killed his wife and son over the weekend, and then himself sometime Monday.

A concerned neighbor called police. The bodies were found in three different rooms.

The lead investigator, Sheriff's Lt. Tommy Pope, told The Associated Press that the deaths were being investigated as homicide, and said the cause of death awaited autopsy results on Tuesday.

Pope said the three were found about 2:30 p.m., but he would release no other details about the deaths at the house in a subdivision near White Water Country Club.

Chris Benoit Tribute Video

**Update** The Atlanta Fox station is reporting the following on their website:

Authorities say pro wrestler Chris Benoit, his wife and seven-year-old son were found slain toda at their Fayetteville home.

Detective Bo Turner told Atlanta television station and FOX affiliate WAGA that the case is being investigated as a murder-suicide, but said that cannot be determined until the evidence is examined by a crime lab.

The station says investigators believe Benoit killed his wife and the boy, Daniel, sometime over the weekend, and then himself sometime today.

A concerned neighbor called police. The bodies were found in three different rooms. The lead investigator, Fayette County sheriff's Lieutenant Tommy Pope, said only that the deaths were being investigated as homicide. He said the cause of death awaits autopsy results tomorrow.

The 40-year-old Benoit, a native of Canada, was a former world heavyweight champion, Intercontinental champion and held several
tag-team titles over his career.

Benoit was scheduled to perform at the "Vengeance" pay-per-view event Sunday night in Houston, but was replaced at the
last minute because of what announcer Jim Ross called "personal reasons."

Benoit maintained a home in metro Atlanta from the time he wrestled for the defunct World Championship Wrestling.
The federal-style house is in a secluded neighborhood set back about 60 yards off a gravel road, surrounded by stacked stone wall and double-iron gate.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was also just reading on a news site that one of Benoit's fellow wrestlers was amongst the last to talk to him via text message and said Benoit sent him a very odd text message as the last one and it really weirded him out.  They wouldn't give the name of the other person though.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 11:59:22 PM by Bill 213.5 » Logged

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2007, 11:59:59 PM »

He was always my favorite wrestler. Such a sad story. I hope it turns out that this was just a terrible accident. RIP Benoit and family.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2007, 12:03:51 AM »

I can't believe that he would do a such a thing like kill his family thats just to much, He wasn'ts like that. they had to be poisened some how or way. You think maybe it was a Carbon monoxide leak or something like that?

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
GNR estranged
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2007, 12:10:36 AM »

this whole story is crazy. Chris Benoit was one of the best wrestlers around today. I haven't been watching WWE in a while but back when I watched him in ECW/WCW he was always one of my favorites. I can not imagine he would kill his wife and son. There has to be more to this story.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2007, 12:11:44 AM »

I can't believe that he would do a such a thing like kill his family thats just to much, He wasn'ts like that. they had to be poisened some how or way. You think maybe it was a Carbon monoxide leak or something like that?

As much as I hate to say it, all signs are pointing to him doing it. ?You can't say he wasn't like that because you only knew "Chris Benoit, the entertainer", not "Chris Benoit, the person". ?Who knows what problems he was having with them or what. ?It just seems that his odd behavior over the weekend correlates very well with the scenario the police investigators have put forth so far.

What really bedazzles me is.....I bet Vince McMahon feels quite the ass now eh? ?He does his little death controversy angle and within one week...Sherri Martel and Chris Benoit are both dead. ?Perhaps bad karma coming to haunt him?

Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2007, 12:15:29 AM »

I remember seeing Eddie & Chris together driving a truck when wrestling came to town... now they're both dead. Shocking.

He might have killed his wife and kid. That's fucked.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2007, 12:46:36 AM »

This is pretty fucked up.  When WWE used to come through Central Illinois, a lot of the wrestlers used to stop in Champaign, because we have a couple of Gold's Gyms.  So, one morning, my wife and I were having breakfast at a Cracker Barrel, and I look over at the next table, and it's Chris Benoit and two other wrestlers.  It was an odd moment.

RIP.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2007, 01:07:45 AM »

As much as I hate to say it, all signs are pointing to him doing it. ?You can't say he wasn't like that because you only knew "Chris Benoit, the entertainer", not "Chris Benoit, the person". ?

but the people that knew the person such as other wrestlers say that he always had his sons in little suits and were very respectful and said he was a ver warm and loving family man. Chavo guero (sp?) said he didn't let many people in but he knew the man behind the scenes and from what they all said from the memorial tonight i don't think that would ever happen in a million years.

It just seems that his odd behavior over the weekend correlates very well with the scenario the police investigators have put forth so far.

what odd behavior? I just heard that he called in and said his wife and kid where very sick and bleeding from the mouth and that he couldn't make it to the PPV.

What really bedazzles me is.....I bet Vince McMahon feels quite the ass now eh?  He does his little death controversy angle and within one week...Sherri Martel and Chris Benoit are both dead.  Perhaps bad karma coming to haunt him?

i agree he's gonna feel like an ass for a long time now. I think this was a huge and humbling event for Vince

but the thing that really gets me is if your wife and kid were bleeding form the mouth wouldn't you take them to the hospitol? unless you were out of it too...........i just don't get it. BUT i'll never believe that he killed himself and his family no Never.

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2007, 01:10:07 AM »

Yeah dude, but you realize all that stuff you're relying on is from a WWE broadcast.  As much as I'm sure they tried to be faithful and such, what they said on Raw shouldn't be relied upon as "fact" or anything of such.  Desperate times call for desperate measures and Vince McMahon deals in deception.  I'm not saying they intentionally tried to mislead viewers, but what they presented shouldn't be taken as actual fact.

GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2007, 01:18:35 AM »

go to the wresteling thread

simply unbe-fucking-lievable no Cry

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
RebelRose89
Rocker

It's Showtime!

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2007, 02:06:39 AM »

Wow, I'm absolutely stunned! RIP Rabid Wolverine & Family Cry

Go Sabres - Go Bills - Go White Sox
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2007, 04:22:37 AM »

I always liked Chris Benoit.

I'm not jumping to conclusions and NONE OF US know exactly what happened yet, so to speculate is pointless... but if he did kill his wife and kid, I hope he burns in hell. Like I said, "IF".

Otherwise, RIP Chris.

But as of right now, they think his family died during the weekend and that he died on Monday... I didn't know the guy personally and none of us did, so anything could have really happened.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
GNR estranged
Rocker

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2007, 10:46:10 AM »

Yeah dude, but you realize all that stuff you're relying on is from a WWE broadcast.? As much as I'm sure they tried to be faithful and such, what they said on Raw shouldn't be relied upon as "fact" or anything of such.? Desperate times call for desperate measures and Vince McMahon deals in deception.? I'm not saying they intentionally tried to mislead viewers, but what they presented shouldn't be taken as actual fact.

actually they did the show before anything was mentioned about a murder / suicide. I watched the show for the first time in a while and all of the people that commented about benoit were friends of his for years. There was no "deception" involved. A lot of the stories they told last night were told before he died and weren't made up just to make him look better. I still think there is something more to the story but I could be wrong.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2007, 11:19:17 AM »

i'm not making any assumptions, but steroid use can screw up a person psychologically. wouldn't be surprised at all if this was a murder suicide. 

i actually thought roids might be involved in rod beck's death as well. that would be strange if two famous deaths within days of each other were attributable to roids.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: