Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 08:49:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227995 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Chris Benoit...is a bitch.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chris Benoit...is a bitch.  (Read 18656 times)
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #80 on: June 27, 2007, 12:17:16 AM »

I have never called pro wrestling a "sport" Or Benoit a sports legend.? I also know full well about all the "black marks" that pro wrestling has.? The deaths in recent years are more a result of pain meds than steroids.? But its all a moot point anyways.? Drugs are bad. Steroids are bad. People do them anyways.? Athletes of ALL "sports" do them.? Its just easy to bash pro wrestling.? Fish in a barrel.

First off, by hanging on to the label "Pro Wrestling" you are insinuating that what they are doing is a professional version of what collegate wrestlers do... you could also say that you are insinuating they are professional athletes (which would indicate they participate in a sport (which they don't)) Chris Benoit is (was) as much a wrestler as Charlie Sheen is a profesional Pitcher (Major League 1 and 2)

Yes athletes of all sports do steroids... but at a much much smaller percentage, and while the programs are a joke, the other sports test for them and hand out punishment for usage (who was the last wrestler sat down for Steroid use??(honest question, I dont know the answer))... Yes, alot of the OD's are from ?pain med's, but they tend to develop addictions to pain meds based on the adication that is formed by their dependency on steriods that transfres to another substance and the pain associated with joint injury's caused by the extra bulk that their body was not designed to carry. Also most of them develop severe mental issues from the hormone imbalances that make them more likely to commit suicide.
Kady.52
Headliner

Me, You An' My Ball & Chain

« Reply #81 on: June 27, 2007, 02:54:28 AM »

^
good reasons for not wrestling then? Huh

Angels wear spandex.

Sarkozy makes me ashamed to be French
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #82 on: June 27, 2007, 03:01:34 AM »

Actually Dirty Harry left quite a legacy.

Do you know how many people quote this line religiously??

"But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?"

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #83 on: June 27, 2007, 07:48:38 AM »

don't disrespect his son by saying RIP chris benoit no
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #84 on: June 27, 2007, 09:03:26 AM »

They are not actors. Or Athletes. They are roided up douche bags running around in underwear. They make way too much money to entertain mouth breathing rednecks. And Vince McMann is the most greedy, heartless, juice monkey on the face of the earth

Good God...

Why are wrestling fans portrayed as rednecks all the time??

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #85 on: June 27, 2007, 09:27:24 AM »

They are not actors. Or Athletes. They are roided up douche bags running around in underwear. They make way too much money to entertain mouth breathing rednecks. And Vince McMann is the most greedy, heartless, juice monkey on the face of the earth

Good God...

Why are wrestling fans portrayed as rednecks all the time??

Yeah no shit... They go to Mexcio, Japan, Africa, god knows where else... The arenas must be filled with rednecks there to  Roll Eyes
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #86 on: June 27, 2007, 10:40:23 AM »

thing is.. now that he killed himself, some fans sees him as a saint.. i would've wanted him to be alive so more people would understand.. people sees it as a tragedy that 3 people in a family has died.. the tragedy and truth is that a man killed his wife and son then cowardly took his own life and escape
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #87 on: June 27, 2007, 11:36:46 AM »

Title changed. And I for one do think that what he did was a bitch move.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #88 on: June 27, 2007, 11:42:45 AM »

One thing to off himself, another to kill his wife and child.
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #89 on: June 27, 2007, 11:51:45 AM »

One thing to off himself, another to kill his wife and child.

Exactly why I think that he's a bitch now. Kill yourself. But at least spare your 7 tear old kid n' your wife.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #90 on: June 27, 2007, 12:14:51 PM »

I think Chris Benoit falls under the category of family annihilator:

According to Professor Jack Levin, a leading expert from North-Eastern University in Boston, Massachusetts, the most significant factors are family break-up, male sexual jealousy, a need to be in control and extreme possessiveness.

'The profile of a family annihilator is a middle-aged man, a good provider who would appear to neighbours to be a dedicated husband and a devoted father,' Levin said. 'He quite often tends to be quite isolated. He is often profoundly dedicated to his family, but has few friends of his own or a support system out with the family. He will have suffered some prolonged frustration and feelings of inadequacy, but then suffers some catastrophic loss. It is usually financial or the loss of a relationship. He doesn't hate his children, but he often hates his wife and blames her for his miserable life. He feels an overwhelming sense of his own powerlessness. He wants to execute revenge and the motive is almost always to "get even".'

Research from the States shows that family annihilators rarely have a prior criminal record. However, many experts believe there is often a prior pattern of domestic abuse. A report published two years ago in Britain by Women's Aid, called Twenty-nine child homicides, found that, out of 13 families studied, domestic violence was a feature in 11. In one of the other two cases, the mother spoke of her ex-partner's obsessively controlling behaviour.

'To the outside world, these crimes seem to come out of nowhere,' continued Levin. 'The perpetrators have not previously been involved in criminal behaviour. Nor do they tend to be on drugs or drinking heavily when they commit the crime. However, if psychologists had seen them in advance, they would have spotted the warning signs. They would have noticed how the person reacted to things not going his way - the irrational rage and the blaming of others. These people often also regard their partner and children as their own possessions.'

In the majority of cases, if the perpetrator fails in his own suicide, as in the Hogan and Hall cases, they almost always plead some form of insanity.

But Levin rejected this: 'These are executions. They are never spontaneous. They are well planned and selective. They are not carried out in the heat of the moment or in a fit of rage. They are very methodical and it is often planned out for a long time. There are certain people the killer blames for his problems. If a friend came along, he wouldn't kill him or her. He kills his children to get even with his wife because he blames her and he hates her. The killer feels he has lost control. Annihilating his family is a way of regaining control. It is a methodical, selective murder by a rational, loving father. That's why it is so terrifying.'

Ali
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #91 on: June 27, 2007, 12:36:40 PM »

when people dont call wwe wrestling a "sport" it confuses the hell out of me... wwe is entertainment.....sports such as basketball, baseball and football are also ENTERTAINMENT....people make such a big deal about sports as if its the end all of everything...but in reality it is a bunch of guys being paid obscene amounts of money to play a CHILDS game.....WWE wrestlers have just as much if not more athleticism as most of the guys in professional sports but because their matches are predetermined it takes away from what they do in the ring??  with that being said...chris benoit is a bitch.....
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #92 on: June 27, 2007, 12:44:52 PM »

Well, part of the excitement is not knowing who's gonna win...

So yes, it is entertainment, but I'd hardly call it sport. Mainly because that word is associated with, you know, competition.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #93 on: June 27, 2007, 12:47:49 PM »

ye gods people talking about whether wrestling is fake - well duh?! Roll Eyes

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #94 on: June 27, 2007, 01:02:56 PM »

ugh here we go.....

I used to watch wrestling, but dont anymore.. So in no way am i bias one way or the other...

Yes wresting is SCRIPTED.... To say its fake is basically retarded... These guys get REAL injuries, and the high flyers put them selves in danger with their stunts... Professional athletes have been quoted as saying wrestling is as hard or HARDER than the sport they've played...
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #95 on: June 27, 2007, 01:11:23 PM »

Where?

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #96 on: June 27, 2007, 01:15:43 PM »

ugh here we go.....

I used to watch wrestling, but dont anymore.. So in no way am i bias one way or the other...

Yes wresting is SCRIPTED.... To say its fake is basically retarded... These guys get REAL injuries, and the high flyers put them selves in danger with their stunts... Professional athletes have been quoted as saying wrestling is as hard or HARDER than the sport they've played...

Exactly.

There are people who think that all wrestling fans are idiots who believe that everything they're watching is real. They enjoy it for the entertainment. And there's lots of storylines, matches etc. that many fans don't like. It's not like we sit there and go "Wow, this is awesome" no matter what's going on.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #97 on: June 27, 2007, 01:44:22 PM »

you could say that wrestling is like a soap opera kinda like the bold and the beatuful and days of our lives and such Wink

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #98 on: June 27, 2007, 01:54:48 PM »

you could say that wrestling is like a soap opera kinda like the bold and the beatuful and days of our lives and such Wink

works for me  Grin
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #99 on: June 27, 2007, 04:27:36 PM »

Exactly... they are actors, granted actors that are in great shape, but actors none the less. Charlie Sheen isn't a profesional athlete because he played Ricky Vaughn, Mark Wallbergh isn't an athlete because he played an Eagles D-Back... just the same as Edward Leslie isn't an athlete just because he played Brutus Beefcake.

In most cases Wrestlers are where they are because they are failed athletes. In rare cases, they are there because until the explosion of MMA there wasn't a professional arena for amature wrestlers and if they had an bad acting skills they could translate it into a better paycheck than Landscaping or Plumbing. Now that they have something like the UFC to turn to, you aren't going to see Kurt Angle and Brock Lesnar jump to the WWE, they are going to further their "True" pro career by jumping into MMA.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: