Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 05:05:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Lawsuit Question
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lawsuit Question  (Read 2627 times)
American Hellhound
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: June 30, 2007, 10:06:55 AM »

I have a question. We've read multiple times that lawsuits have been a reason for Chinese Democracy's delay.

It was reported as recently as 2005 that Slash and Duff sued Axl for royalties, (assuming past creative works), and the fact that he denied licensing music for certain soundtracks. (something like that)

My question is : Has it ever been said that Slash/Duff or any of the others have actually tried blocking the release of Chinese Democracy? I mean, are there interviews or reports where anyone actually says this? I know that I've read on a lot of forums where people speculate this as being one of the major hold ups, but is there anything out there to back this up?

I've never actually heard any of the ex-band members say that they are trying to prevent the release. I'm not even sure if there are legal grounds to do so? (Wasn't a law major) I've always assumed the "lawsuits" meant things such as: past works, riots, etc. Is this correct or are there also lawsuits trying to prevent this album release?

Anyway, it' just something I'd like to get some clarification on. I'd appreciate if you guys would try and stick to facts instead of coming here and saying why you think it was right or wrong.

Thanks,
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 11:58:55 AM »

I don't think ex members can prevent CD from coming out or even have any claim over CD. What I believe when Axl said that the lawsuits are delaying the release are that things are taking longer because he has to deal with the lawsuits... which are most likely concerned with royalties from the already released Guns material.

Fuck 'Em All.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 12:43:13 PM »

doubt it-
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=47135.0;topicseen

if slash is lookin' foward to it i don't think he'd try to block it

ok

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007, 07:18:29 PM »

I thought it was the name Guns n' Roses they were trying to stop.. Again not positive though...
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2007, 12:51:48 AM »

The lawsuit stuff is very confusing, isn't?  But, I do believe it's been about royalties from AFD, etc and the licensing of the songs for soundtracks.  I don't think they ever tried to block the use of the name GnR or the release of CD.  What Genesis said seems right.  It was more the time involved that caused any delays. 
don_vercetti
VIP

Oui Oui, motherfuckers...

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2007, 04:58:25 AM »

There is definetely some early VR interviews where slash and duff talk about trying to get some control over the Guns name, stuff about "finding loopholes".

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=399

"That's actually a topic which we're trying to get to the bottom of," he states. "Originally, the other guys in the band gave it up. Now that I know a little bit more about this stuff, I'm trying to look for a loophole [to get some control back]."

If you mod me now, I will become more insightful than you can possibly imagine
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: