Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 04:31:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  The Official NHL 2007/2008 Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Official NHL 2007/2008 Thread  (Read 90449 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2007, 04:25:16 PM »

NHL hands Downie 20 game suspension

The National Hockey League has handed down its verdict on the Flyers' Steve Downie.

Colin Campbell, the NHL's Executive Vice President and Director of Hockey Operations, has suspended Downie for 20 games for his hit on Ottawa Senators forward Dean McAmmond in Thursday's exhibition game. Based on his average annual salary, Downie will forfeit $63,101 during his suspension.

''Over the last several months, the League has met with players, coaches, general managers and owners on the subject of hits to the head,'' said Campbell. ''While all of the stakeholders in our League agree that hitting is an important part of the essence of the NHL game, all were also unanimous in the belief that where a player deliberately targets an opponent's head, the conduct should be subject to review and the possible assessment of supplemental discipline.''

Downie will miss the first 20 regular season and/or playoff games (in addition to the last Flyers' pre-season game - Saturday vs. NY Rangers) that he is a member of the Flyers' 23-man roster. If Downie's 20 games are all served in the regular season, he would be eligible to return to the Flyers on November 23 for a game at home against the Capitals. The following day, they face the Senators in Ottawa.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2007, 11:26:31 AM »

Terrible suspension - equivalent to Bertuzzi's ?!?!?!?

Total bullshit overkill. Should have been 2-3 games.

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2007, 01:23:36 PM »

Terrible suspension - equivalent to Bertuzzi's ?!?!?!?

Total bullshit overkill. Should have been 2-3 games.

The NHL is setting new standards ok..Bertuzzis incident was a few years ago now and headshots werent as big of a deal back then..There trying to eliminate headshots and are sending a message.....

Anyways is anyone watching the Ducks/Kings first NHL Season game over in London today at the 02 arena? I think its been an amazing game so far...Berneir looks tremendous in net

Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2007, 11:18:13 AM »

The hit deserved five games, tops.

By the way, the NHL has proposed new rule changes, suspensions, and incentives in light of Steve Downie's bullshit suspension.

2 games:
-Tapping a player with the body

3 games:
-non-violent use of stick beyond touching of puck

5 games
-Hitting a player without intent to injure

10 games
-Hitting a player with intent to injure

12 games
-shouting obscenities at fellow players

15 games
-elbowing
-playing a full 60 minutes

17 games
-tripping

18 games
-slashing

19 games
-crosschecking with intent to injure (Tomas Sandstrom pussy award)

20 games
(the Steve Downie crucifixion rule)
-hitting a player with ridiculous brass-level management decision to deem it necessary that you wanted to injure him

25 games
-dropping the gloves

30 games
-Fighting in a manner that fight hobbyists call "draw in a shit fight"
-acting as though you care if you win or lose a game

40 games
-Fighting and actually wanting to fight
-Showing emotion

50 games
-Fighting toe to toe

60 games
-fighting and winning

70 games
-fighting and scoring at TKO/knockdown
(this is detrimental to league image because it will gain fan exposure on ESPN highlights and thus increase fan base)

82 games (season)
-fighting Sidney Crosby or the like, even if Crosby commits acts listed above against you, he will be exonerated of fines/suspensions, but defending yourself or a teammate consummates 82 game suspension

Lifetime ban
-speaking bad of the new rule changes, which are meant to "better the game" and thus decrease contact. There is simply no room in hockey for violence, hitting, rough play, etc.

Zero games and a congratulatory pat on the back
Being born in Europe, wearing a visor, spearing a player from behind, and hiding behind the linesman

INCENTIVES
$1,000 for saying you sorry when you make contact with someone on the ice (add another $500 if you pat him on the ass while you say sorry)
$2,500 for holding the door to the penalty box open for a member of the opposing team
$5,000 for bringing roses to the arena each time you play the Pittsburgh Penguins (Sid's favorite are white roses, white symbolizes the color of a dove, the international symbol for peace)
$1,000,000 bonus for avoiding any and all contact while on the ice

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #64 on: October 01, 2007, 06:51:05 AM »

^^  Grin

good read right there haha
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2007, 03:39:13 PM »

at first i thought mal was for real rofl
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2007, 05:34:14 PM »

Heatley agrees to 6-year deal with Sens

Sources tell TSN Dany Heatley has agreed to a 6-year contract extension with the Ottawa Senators believed to average between $7.5 and $8 million per year.

Although details of the structure remain confidential, sources say it's similar to the contract Daniel Briere signed in Philadelphia in terms of a heavily weighted salary at the front of the contract that ratchets downward, making the cap hit the team will absorb more attractive.

The on again - off again negotiation resumed this afternoon with the Senators tabling an offer that the two sides used as the base to avoid tonight's season opening deadline.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2007, 06:52:16 AM »

Good start for the rangers last night. Drury and Gomez both made immediate impacts. This could be a very exciting season for ranger fans.
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2007, 12:51:04 PM »

No Need for Selling Seats in Toronto

"With a full house expected every night at the ACC the NHL isn't worried about Hockey in the Southern Ontario Region. The same can be said for the majority of Canadian Teams where fan support doesn't have to be solicited, unlike in the majority of redneck American markets.

This seems to have created a base in the NHL with disciplanary and game deciding decisions all favouring the weaker team.

Take for example the Mark Bell case, I by no means condone drinking and driving but feel Mr. Bell has been dealt with by the law, when he was in San Jose there was no suspension forthcoming for his crime, dawn a Leaf jersey and an example has to be made of him. Bouwmeister in Florida is allowed to walk away scott free.

If you kill your friend driving recklessly in Atlanta and are convicted, get 0 Games.

Head hunt a third rate player from Ottawa get 20 Games, be a goon from a desperate empty seated arena in New jersey who Head hunts one of the best defenders in the game get 3 Games. In contrast be a goon from Toronto do the same get suspended from the Playoffs and miss 28 Games of regular season action, not to mention ruin your teams excellent chances that year.

Watching tonights game even makes the situation clearer.. Blake goes hard to the net, Steen bangs in a rebound and they call the goal for goaltender interference.. fast forward to Heatley intentionally kicking a puck into the net.. award a goal directly from the NHL Home Office because of a commercial break.

For the Sens fans the fortune you get against the Leafs will turn to misfortune when encountering our redneck rivals. I have seen these decisions constantly go against the Teams with fan support. Why should Canadian loyal fans have to pay the bill for for a fat drunk Nascar fume filled retard.

Bettman's NHL is the most distasteful, sport full of collusion of the grandest nature. Why do you think Small Market Teams keep hoisting our beloved Cup, because of skill alone. Everyone knows it takes some lucky bounces along the way to get you there, fortunately for the redneck down south Bettman & Campbell have all the lucky bounces built into the system for them.

So every Team with a loyal fan base can suffer for a minority.
"

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2007, 12:36:40 AM »

That wasn't the penguins tonight was it?  I think it was Nintendo hockey or something.  pathetic  Cry

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2007, 11:40:34 AM »

Leafs finally got a win...all 3 games have been great though....Theyll do just fine this year

Mats Sundin is fuming, make no mistake about it.

Off ice, he's testy with reporters, so out of character for one who has stood in the line of controversy, effectually rationalizing and defending an organization that has emanated nothing but ineptitude for most of his career-long tenure.

On ice, he's kicking ass and taking names. Ask Mike Komisarek, who certainly would re-think his attempt to bowl over the captain if given the opportunity. Or Andre Markov, who thought he was innocently engaging in a friendly pushing match in front of the net, but was promptly rabbit-punched to the ice.

Mats is simply tired of losing. He's stood, lips zipped, as he played alongside mediocrity for the majority of his career. Enough is enough.

Mats is pissed... And that's a good thing.

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2007, 02:24:20 PM »

Sykora looks good in a pens uniform.  Fleury is still letting in WAY too many goals.  Pens need to get a solid stay at home D man though - hopefully it'll come together.

great pass by Crosby last night to Malone.

ridiculous

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2007, 05:43:22 PM »

Mats's the man love
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #73 on: October 08, 2007, 02:35:23 PM »

fuck? Undecided

http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=339449

first bell's shit.. now blake is diagnosed with Leukemia no

EDIT: well he can continue to play but still
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 02:37:47 PM by CheapJon » Logged
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2007, 07:06:26 PM »

Leafs' injury woes continue

DAVID SHOALTS
October 10, 2007 at 2:56 PM EDT

The medical woes continued for the Toronto Maple Leafs on Wednesday when Alexei Ponikarovsky had to be helped from the ice during their practice.

Ponikarovsky appeared to injured his left knee when he was in a collision with teammate Chad Kilger.

Ponikarovsky laid on the ice for several minutes and had to be helped off as he favoured his knee.

Leafs head coach Paul Maurice did not reveal the extent of the injury but said "it was not as bad as it looked on the ice." Maurice added Ponikarovsky may be able to play Thursday night against the New York Islanders

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20071010.wsptleaf10/BNStory/Sports/columnists
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 07:08:00 PM by Stoned » Logged

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #75 on: October 11, 2007, 06:49:49 PM »

Niedermayer, Selanne remain undecided about retiring from Stanley Cup champion Anaheim Ducks

ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP) -Fans chanted "one more year!" at Scott Niedermayer and Teemu Selanne when they joined the rest of the Anaheim Ducks in unveiling the team's Stanley Cup championship banner Wednesday night.

Even NHL commissioner Gary Bettman chimed in, telling Niedermayer, "We, of course, would love to see you back" during the first period intermission of the Ducks' home opener against Boston.

Niedermayer and Selanne have yet to announce whether they intend to play this season or retire.

Both players definitely heard the fans' pleas of another season, and witnessed the standing ovations.

"It was pretty convincing," Niedermayer said after the first period.

Selanne added, "It was pretty awesome. It was emotional, too."

Even while they wait, the Ducks have moved on. Defenseman Chris Pronger was named captain in place of Niedermayer, and the team signed defenseman Mathieu Schneider from Detroit during the offseason as insurance in case Niedermayer called it quits.

Then, Niedermayer said he told general manager Brian Burke that he was leaning toward retirement at 34. But now, he said, "I'm not as sure as I was."

The Ducks could use their two veteran stars. Anaheim had lost three consecutive games heading into Wednesday night after splitting a season-opening two-game series with the Los Angeles Kings in London.

"When things aren't going well, you'd like to be out there to help," said Niedermayer, who won the Conn Smythe Trophy as last season's playoff MVP.

He spent a harried summer in his hometown of Cranbrook, British Columbia, where he was bombarded by friends and strangers wanting to know if he'd be back.

"It was hectic in Canada, talking about it everyday, 10 times a day," said Niedermayer, who said he has not skated in months.

He returned to Southern California about six weeks ago, where he is less hassled and has had more time to think.

"I have a little bit of an idea in my mind," he said.

But he offered no timetable for making an announcement.

"The team has been too understanding," he said. "This has taken it too far already. When it does come to a conclusion, it's probably best for everybody."

During the summer in Finland, Selanne kept busy with daily off-ice workouts, shuttling his kids to soccer and hockey practice and whittling down his golf handicap. Being away from Anaheim kept his mind off hockey.

"It has been so easy because I haven't been around," he said. "I know when I'm around more, I'm probably going to get the feeling again."

Selanne said the Ducks haven't pushed him to make a decision, and he also offered no timetable.

"If I'm going to come back, it has to come from inside," he said. "I want to make sure this decision is right."

What if Niedermayer calls and says he's coming back?

"I'm going to have second thoughts," Selanne said, smiling.

Before the game, the Ducks celebrated the Stanley Cup title they won in June over Ottawa by raising an orange-white-and-black banner and lowering the gleaming Cup from the ceiling on a silver tray.

It was carried to a table where the Conn Smythe and Campbell trophies rested. The team also raised banners signifying its first Pacific Division championship and Western Conference title.

Selanne wore his glittering Stanley Cup ring, which includes the words `California's First Cup' and the Ducks' 16-5 postseason record on one side. The other side has his name and 93, marking the Ducks' inaugural year, and 07 for their championship season. The ring contains 14 diamonds representing the years the team has been in existence.

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2007, 01:01:25 AM »

wild one in toronto - while I could have scored crosby's goals nice to see him get on the score sheet.   amazing save by fleury, total highlight reel stuff.

still, the pens defense is a total joke right now.  some of those toronto goals were cringe worthy.  where the fuck was the defense!!!

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #77 on: October 15, 2007, 09:52:21 PM »

wow what a game tonight vs Buffalo...Unfortunately the Leafs didnt win but what a game

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #78 on: October 15, 2007, 10:08:59 PM »

wow what a game tonight vs Buffalo...Unfortunately the Leafs didnt win but what a game

Buffalo had no business winning that game.... But they did play in typical Buffalo fashion  ok

Toronto should be embarrassed  hihi
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #79 on: October 17, 2007, 04:17:33 PM »

Thrashers fire head coach Hartley

After six straight losses to open the season, the Atlanta Thrashers have fired head coach Bob Hartley.  Sources tell TSN that general manager Don Wadell will take over behind the bench on an interim basis until a replacement can be hired.

With all six losses coming in regulation, the Thrashers have yet to register a point this season and sit last in the overall standings.  They are also 30th in the league in goals scored with nine and trail only the Kings and Maple Leafs in goals against 27.

"It's obviously something that I felt we had to do," Waddell said in an interview with The Canadian Press. "We started the year 0-and-6 and if you go back to last year how the playoffs went for us, we've lost 10 games in a row. And I didn't see anything that was going to change for us."

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: