Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 07:37:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Always same shit
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Always same shit  (Read 9047 times)
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2007, 11:58:55 AM »

the album is just around the corner.

How can you say that? What has happened recently that makes it look like the album is coming soon? Promotion? No. A single? Not even close. An update on the album art cover, track sequencing, credits settled? Nope. We haven't even been told the album is DONE. We've been told recording is done, but if you trust what the band says the album was closer to coming out in 2002 than it is in 2007.

You mention faith. And that's all you have. You have to believe to think the album is soon. Because no logical thought or memory for the past could bring you to that conclusion.

How about a tour? That might give you a clue.......

They had a tour in 01, 02, and 06. Did we get an album in any of those years? And it's not like they're doing a 'Chinese Democracy' tour anymore. They're just doing a world tour of places they haven't been to in many years. Nothing wrong with that, but Guns playing in Australia and Japan isn't a strong indicator for album release when they've toured the US twice on a tour actually titled 'Chinese Democracy tour' and nothing came from it then.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2007, 12:03:15 PM »

Yes, Guns playing in Australia is an indicator as I posted earlier on. As far as aussies are concerned, GN'R disappeared  14 years ago. If they released a CD without introducing the band to aussies first, they wouldn't sell any new CDs here in Australia......

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Communist China
Banned
VIP

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2007, 12:09:12 PM »

Yes, Guns playing in Australia is an indicator as I posted earlier on. As far as aussies are concerned, GN'R disappeared? 14 years ago. If they released a CD without introducing the band to aussies first, they wouldn't sell any new CDs here in Australia......

I'll let the hyperbole of 'they wont sell any CDs here without playing concerts here' go and focus instead on the "introduction" concerts themselves. Tell me, did Axl mutter the words 'new album' or 'Chinese Democracy' while in Australia? Since there isn't a 40 page thread about it, I'm guessing not.

If this tour was preparing the world for an album, you'd think he'd do it some way that involved mentioning an album at some point in a 2 hour show.

stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2007, 12:12:42 PM »

Um yeh, I think he did........

PS. negativity just oozes out of your posts.......no wonder you can't look forward to a future album release.  no

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Communist China
Banned
VIP

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2007, 12:19:54 PM »

PS. negativity just oozes out of your posts.......no wonder you can't look forward to a future album release.? no

I'm not being negative. I'm being realistic. Thinking an album is 'right around the corner' is an act of blind faith and while I do somewhat envy the ignorant bliss apparent in some posts (not yours) I have no choice but to try to apply thought to the situation.

I'm not excited about CD coming out. Because it isn't. When a date is listed on Universal's releases list, I'll be as happy as can be and as excited as can be. Until that time, I will remain 'negative' about Guns, and focus my positive energy on bands who actually come through, which today happens to be Smashing Pumpkins.

stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2007, 12:24:46 PM »

PS. negativity just oozes out of your posts.......no wonder you can't look forward to a future album release.? no

I'm not being negative. I'm being realistic. Thinking an album is 'right around the corner' is an act of blind faith and while I do somewhat envy the ignorant bliss apparent in some posts (not yours) I have no choice but to try to apply thought to the situation.

I'm not excited about CD coming out. Because it isn't. When a date is listed on Universal's releases list, I'll be as happy as can be and as excited as can be. Until that time, I will remain 'negative' about Guns, and focus my positive energy on bands who actually come through, which today happens to be Smashing Pumpkins.

Well hey! There's a nice happy band for ya to focus on...... ok

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
sea of black
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2007, 02:28:19 PM »

Maybe it's time to face up to the fact that this album may never be coming out...
Drope
Opening Act

Hincha de Boca

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2007, 02:35:58 PM »

I don't know what do you want Axl to tell you. The release date? I think he is more interested in release it than us to buy it and hearing it. If he knew it he would have told us.

I don't know what is going on with the record, but I feel it's more closer than ever.

Las penas son de nosotros, las vaquitas son ajenas.
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2007, 02:52:52 PM »

I'm not being negative.

Yes you are. Plain and simple.

Thinking an album is 'right around the corner' is an act of blind faith and while I do somewhat envy the ignorant bliss apparent in some posts (not yours) I have no choice but to try to apply thought to the situation.

I really hope that comment is not aimed at my post. I will never say for a second that I am a bigger GnR fan than another person, but I live and breath this band, have done for nearly 21 years so dont for a second be giving it the ignorant bliss thing. That is a crock of shit my man!

You dont need to over analyse the situation by applying a huge thought process to the situation. Over the last year and a half I have always thought that the album will be out when its good and ready and the band and management are doing everything they can to make this happen. They know exactly what they are doing.

Yes I am very excited about the album coming out very soon, but the reason I stay positive about the album and the band is because I enjoy the positive things i.e the amazing tour they are putting on at the moment, the great reviews we are getting and an amazing summer of Guns N Roses last year! And whilst we are waiting for the album to come out I just get on with my life and enjoy other bands I like listening to like the Chili Peppers, Kaiser Chiefs, The Killers, The Foos and like you mr negative the Smashing Pumpkins who I have VIP backstage passes to see at Reading next Month!!

Just try being a little more positive mate! It make life a lot easier!

Mike

Communist China
Banned
VIP

« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2007, 03:08:12 PM »

^ No, being a cynic is the way to go. Because I'm either being proven right (as I have about CD's release for the history of the world) or being pleasantly surprised.

gnrvr.
Opening Act

14 august-chinese democracy

« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2007, 03:08:22 PM »

Dont worry about that

when the japan shows over something amazin will happen,,, 3 things

1.-Realase that documentay of concerts
2.-fuckin good shows on Southamerica
3.-Chinese Democracy realase

not 3 at the same time,, but one of them very probably
rubinho.ma
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2007, 03:35:45 PM »

I don't know what do you want Axl to tell you. The release date? I think he is more interested in release it than us to buy it and hearing it. If he knew it he would have told us.

I don't know what is going on with the record, but I feel it's more closer than ever.
Considering the thirteen years it took when it was more "far", "closer" can be any time among the next five or six years. ? Roll Eyes
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2007, 05:29:48 PM »

Yes, Guns playing in Australia is an indicator as I posted earlier on. As far as aussies are concerned, GN'R disappeared? 14 years ago. If they released a CD without introducing the band to aussies first, they wouldn't sell any new CDs here in Australia......

I'll let the hyperbole of 'they wont sell any CDs here without playing concerts here' go and focus instead on the "introduction" concerts themselves. Tell me, did Axl mutter the words 'new album' or 'Chinese Democracy' while in Australia? Since there isn't a 40 page thread about it, I'm guessing not.

If this tour was preparing the world for an album, you'd think he'd do it some way that involved mentioning an album at some point in a 2 hour show.
I doubt he specifically mentioned the album, but they did play 4 or 5 songs that are speculated to be on that album.  Now Australia and New Zealand are familiar with those songs.  That's a start.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2007, 05:36:30 PM »

Granted this quote is from FIVE years ago, but unfortunately it still applies to today.  From Axl himself.

?I gave into a lot of pressure on Illusions both internally in Guns and externally in the press, those albums suffered as a consequence, it's not something I'm too excited to have to live with again. There are a lot of new songs that were just done in the last year that we feel that ?okay, well that bumps a lot of stuff off the previous list but it's time to stop that now and wrap up the baby. It feels right, the timing, and a lot of things. We?ve sorted it down to what songs are on the record. What the sequence of the songs is. The album cover art is ready. Blah, blah, blah. If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you, in the end you could win on this either way. But if you're really into waiting try holding your breath for Jesus cause I hear the payoff may be that much greater.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Tatu
Rocker

God

« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2007, 07:33:06 PM »

I'm just waiting for the new album, for GNR in Argentina and the surprises.

You really know who's Maradona!
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2007, 09:01:12 PM »

(Sigh) It's a negative response, but I really don't think the CD is coming out this year. It's kind of got me at the point where if the record doesn't surface in 2007, I just give up on this version of Guns N' Roses.

I have a son who's turning 16 this week, and he was two months old when the 'Illusion' albums came out. As much as I'd love for him to enjoy GN'R the way I have, we can't bond over new material because there's been none.

I wish I could put a positive spin on this, but how is it possible when there's always some setback that delays the release of 'Chinese Democracy'.....I tend to agree with the person who posted a few spots back, saying there's some legal issue which prevents Axl and/or THE BAND from ever putting the record out. Sad, because Axl on his worst day is infinitely better than that piece of shit that is fronting Velvet Revolver.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
Drope
Opening Act

Hincha de Boca

« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2007, 09:07:47 PM »

Considering the thirteen years it took when it was more "far", "closer" can be any time among the next five or six years.   Roll Eyes

Yeah, I guess you're rught  hihi

But the thing is that this time we have "musical" evidence that something is going on. And the songs sound killer, so I belive it's possible.

Las penas son de nosotros, las vaquitas son ajenas.
Communist China
Banned
VIP

« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2007, 09:52:42 PM »

I doubt he specifically mentioned the album, but they did play 4 or 5 songs that are speculated to be on that album.? Now Australia and New Zealand are familiar with those songs.? That's a start.

Did he introduce the songs as being new? Or being on an upcoming album? He used to. But he doesn't anymore. Can't instill confidence in us fans, can it?

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2007, 11:59:59 PM »

I doubt he specifically mentioned the album, but they did play 4 or 5 songs that are speculated to be on that album.? Now Australia and New Zealand are familiar with those songs.? That's a start.

Did he introduce the songs as being new? Or being on an upcoming album? He used to. But he doesn't anymore. Can't instill confidence in us fans, can it?
The songs really aren't brand new anymore.  Joking, but true.  He really doesn't introduce songs much at all these days.  Not like in the past.  They just play the songs for the most part.  I see what you're saying, but I wouldn't take it as a negative.  It's more positive that he's playing material that THOSE fans have never heard live before.

waxlrick
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2007, 08:27:20 AM »

I used to stick up for this band and argue that it is still GNR. The longer this all takes the more I change my mind. In saying that I have always been an Axl fan first and foremost. It is not GNR. It never can be. But god I want to here this album that Axl and Co have been working on since the before I went bald. I am sure it will be great.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: