Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 06:46:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Always same shit
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Always same shit  (Read 9045 times)
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« on: July 10, 2007, 07:30:54 AM »

Not to be an asshole.....but don't you guys think the GN'R world is becomming boring?
Still nothing new, always the same.

Ok, great band! Great concerts!...but still nothing new:
no album
no new singles/videos/whatever >> even the new ones like 'better', 'madagscar' , 'chinese democracy' , 'the blues', .... are not really new anymore (for me though)

Even this board does always provide same kind of topics (like mine?? Embarrassed)

But in my opinion the most important thing of a band is the fucking music! And I get bored lately.
 no

Anyone share this feeling or should I just leave the board (as I already know some of you will suggest that)

« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 07:44:31 AM by The Prez » Logged

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 07:34:14 AM »

I understand your frustration.  I myself get frustrated sometimes about the lack of a release date, but I'd hardly consider myself BORED with GNR.  If that's the case sir, yes I suggest you take a break.  Find another hobby to occupy your time.  Why waste your time being bored?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 07:43:46 AM »

I understand your frustration.? I myself get frustrated sometimes about the lack of a release date, but I'd hardly consider myself BORED with GNR.? If that's the case sir, yes I suggest you take a break.? Find another hobby to occupy your time.? Why waste your time being bored?

I already left the board for a while (months) and came back, like a few weeks ago...but still nothing new....

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 07:47:20 AM »

Things only get boring when you don't have enough to occupy your time. If there ever was a time for GNR to be boring, its not now. 1996-2000 was boring for GNR.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
SkinnyPuppy
Rocker

What, me Worry ?

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 07:48:09 AM »

Not to be an asshole.....but don't you guys think the GN'R world is becomming boring?
Still nothing new, always the same.

Ok, great band! Great concerts!...but still nothing new:
no album
no new singles/videos/whatever >> even the new ones like 'better', 'madagscar' , 'chinese democracy' , 'the blues', .... are not really new anymore (for me though)

Even this board does always provide same kind of topics (like mine?? Embarrassed)

But in my opinion the most important thing of a band is the fucking music! And I get bored lately.
 no

Anyone share this feeling or should I just leave the board (as I already know some of you will suggest that)

I concur  ok

Wounds heal, chicks dig scars, and glory, glory lasts forever. (falco)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 08:00:07 AM »

I understand your frustration.? I myself get frustrated sometimes about the lack of a release date, but I'd hardly consider myself BORED with GNR.? If that's the case sir, yes I suggest you take a break.? Find another hobby to occupy your time.? Why waste your time being bored?

I already left the board for a while (months) and came back, like a few weeks ago...but still nothing new....
Just letting of a little steam then?  There are PLENTY of other things to worry about in life than the release of Chinese Democracy, I'm sure.  That should be a real small concern.  Enjoy what the band HAS done, get into another band, try doing something else to occupy your time.  That's about all I can suggest.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
sea of black
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 08:07:27 AM »

Yep, completely agree. If the plan is to drum up a bit of interest before the album? is released, then I don't think it's very successful. To this day, I just don't understand how it could take so so long to release an album!
I'm not saying I don't have anything else in my life apart from waiting for the album, but I just find the whole situation very bizarre...
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007, 08:24:13 AM »

well Axl said 6 march as realising date,but after that there were no news about new cd

I don't get it,it's only cd and nothing else

I have lost my faith in new album

I have never seen so many tree
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2007, 08:32:38 AM »

What would be the point of Axl releasing the album say a year or two ago. None of the Australian market would buy it because up until recently Australia had no idea who the new band was. It's been 14 years people since Downunder has had any update - and do you hear any aussies whinge!

Now that aussies have gone to the concerts they are now as excited as everyone else around the world. Aussies can stop asking "what happened to Axl?". Now an Australian market will be part of the album release - makes sense doesn't it?

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2007, 08:35:14 AM »

I agree that it's odd that there's all this GREAT material out there, seemingly enough to put an album out. ?It's supposedly close to being done, has been for some time now, and there's absolutely no end in sight. ?But to say Axl isn't forthright with information would be an understatement. ?So what are we to do? ?If you can't wait any longer, don't! ?I'll be here till the bitter end.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2007, 08:38:52 AM »

What would be the point of Axl releasing the album say a year or two ago. None of the Australian market would buy it because up until recently Australia had no idea who the new band was. It's been 14 years people since Downunder has had any update - and do you hear any aussies whinge!

Now that aussies have gone to the concerts they are now as excited as everyone else around the world. Aussies can stop asking "what happened to Axl?". Now an Australian market will be part of the album release - makes sense doesn't it?

It does make sense.  I can totally see their reasoning behind "re-introducing" or "introducing" the band to parts of the world that haven't seen them in SO long.  I just HOPE that is indeed part of the plan.  The point I'd start getting worried is if they start hitting up the same cities again and there's still no release date for the album.  2002 was a failed excursion.  2006 brought yet another new lineup, and in the midst of it a change of drummers.  Maybe now things are finally stable within the band, god I hope so.  Maybe now the wheels are in motion, god I hope so.

odd1
Banned
Rocker

The storm is getting CLOSER !!!

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2007, 08:38:57 AM »

Its really boring times to be a gunner fan.
I come to this board once in a while to check if there is official news but there of course never is.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2007, 08:40:37 AM »

wahhhhhhhhh my favorite band doesn't talk to me enough  crying
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2007, 08:41:20 AM »

Maybe Axl is waiting for the war in Iraq to end. Hey! that's a great idea - he will release the album on one condition - that the troops pull out of Iraq. You want the album released.......better go on some anti-war marches!! There - no more boredom!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2007, 08:43:53 AM »

Maybe Axl is waiting for the war in Iraq to end. Hey! that's a great idea - he will release the album on one condition - that the troops pull out of Iraq. You want the album released.......better go on some anti-war marches!! There - no more boredom!
Now there's a scary thought.  Which will happen first, Chinese Democracy is released or the war in Iraq ends?  As crazy as it sounds, I'd have to go with Axl on this one.

bart123
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2007, 08:59:18 AM »

i was going to post this exact same thread a few days ago but thought it wud get banned as usall.yes things are getting very boring indeed.everytime i come onto this board i check the velvet revolver section before i check the guns n roses section.there is always new things happening and new stuff to talk bout.axl lets this go on any longer and it wil be a big mistake.i can see every1 starting to bitch again.remember at christmas all thi sites going mad and bitching because of no updates.
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2007, 11:01:58 AM »

ya, im getting pretty pissed off myself. at this point i dont understand what the deal is anymore, regardless of the few updates we have had from the official website.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2007, 11:34:18 AM »

Hey you guys! Come on keep the faith! It will all happen, just keep enjoying the shows and the album is just around the corner. If I can stay positive and as bigger a fan as I was in 1987, then surely anyone can!! Come on dudes!

Mike

Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2007, 11:42:44 AM »

the album is just around the corner.

How can you say that? What has happened recently that makes it look like the album is coming soon? Promotion? No. A single? Not even close. An update on the album art cover, track sequencing, credits settled? Nope. We haven't even been told the album is DONE. We've been told recording is done, but if you trust what the band says the album was closer to coming out in 2002 than it is in 2007.

You mention faith. And that's all you have. You have to believe to think the album is soon. Because no logical thought or memory for the past could bring you to that conclusion.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2007, 11:52:57 AM »

the album is just around the corner.

How can you say that? What has happened recently that makes it look like the album is coming soon? Promotion? No. A single? Not even close. An update on the album art cover, track sequencing, credits settled? Nope. We haven't even been told the album is DONE. We've been told recording is done, but if you trust what the band says the album was closer to coming out in 2002 than it is in 2007.

You mention faith. And that's all you have. You have to believe to think the album is soon. Because no logical thought or memory for the past could bring you to that conclusion.

How about a tour? That might give you a clue.......

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: