Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 01:12:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Interview - Mentions Axl/CD
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Interview - Mentions Axl/CD  (Read 22534 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2007, 10:39:06 PM »

I'm just glad to hear that Chinese Democracy is done. Grin

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2007, 10:40:46 PM »

I would hardly call Slash a credible source of CD's status.

Remember back when he said the album would be out march 2006?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2007, 10:44:51 PM »

I would hardly call Slash a credible source of CD's status.

Remember back when he said the album would be out march 2006?

A little sarcasm maybe...

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2007, 11:01:53 PM »

if I'm not wrong, Slash said a few months ago that he's not going to respond questions about Axl or GNR anymore... well, that lasted the same time his ''no more GNR covers in VR sets''? Roll Eyes

exactly.? Slash is a pathological liar.? a great guitarist, but not a good liar.

Yeah I know some singers who are better at that...

Like you're favorite singer in the world Scott. The guy is just as bad as slash at making shit up.

hihi My favourite singer?, scott  is probably my least favourite singer in the world...
Brahaman
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2007, 11:15:07 PM »

this is from the same interview :"We leave for South America next Sunday"... oh, but probably it's a lie...
guns_n_motley
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2007, 11:37:21 PM »

Do you talk to Axl at all?

I know about what?s going on with him, probably about as much as anybody else does because it pops up in conversation. Otherwise, I don?t really spend too much time thinking about it. But I?m glad that he?s out there and he?s doing something. He?s got a record, which I know is done. He just has to put it out. I really have no animosity toward him anymore. I have finally gotten over that. I don?t have any of this sort of bitter resentment about the whole fucking upheaval that was 1996.

So it?s actually a nice, content feeling, and I?m glad that he?s working and I?m glad that I?m working. I feel like I?ve achieved something by having gotten a little bit out from underneath the umbrella of the constant Guns N? Roses recognition, which is great to an extent. You want to be able to do some other stuff without having?it?s like toilet paper on your heel. So now I feel content in doing what I?m doing and sort of letting bygones be bygones. Although I think he?s probably still pissed at me for a lot of things. But I?m like, whatever. It probably is my fault. Whatever, I?ll let it go.
Duffio
Rocker

uh oh, they're back...

« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2007, 11:40:22 PM »

yay! ! see he even admits it's his fault.  lol lololol sorry.  but  come on, if 5 o'clock somewhwere was gonna be the next record, and i were axl, i'd be pissed... i know this is dead horse stuff. but.  weeeeeeeeee sorry being drunk probably doesn't help much eithe rahahahahahah
guns_n_motley
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2007, 11:41:11 PM »

anyone find the irony on an ex gnr guitarist keeping us updated on CD more than those in the band hihi rofl
Hujiko
Opening Act

from Madrid

« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2007, 11:52:28 PM »

om well... im drunk too so beer it's 6'o clock in the morning here in spain),... this is gonna be a littel offtopic so sorry for my part of it..

but by the way, this is always good news, even if it's slash who talks about CD,even tought, unless i see gunsroses.com stating a release date , i wont believe a word
can't wait to hear the whole record that it has become trought this 14 years of silence and pain.... ok ok
Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2007, 11:56:04 PM »

We all know its done just waiting for it to be mixed.... ok
Slash only heard what we do which isent alot..he said it would be out in march..Axl said he hoped get it out in March but that was Tentative release date........but who knows whats going on..at the moment..some new would be good.. peace

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
guns_n_motley
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2007, 11:58:33 PM »

well, im sure slash knows more than we do. he works in the record business, and has alot of friends im sure who are still friends with axl/people close to axl. So it wouldnt surprise me if slash enquired about what axl was up to. Remember, the guys even sent axl demos of VR when they were doing contraband which he played to his band
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2007, 12:17:27 AM »

anyone find the irony on an ex gnr guitarist keeping us updated on CD more than those in the band hihi rofl

yep, that's one of the smartest and most clever observations i've heard on this board.

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
Blackrose
Rocker

Here Today...Already been to Hell!

« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2007, 12:23:49 AM »

I have finally gotten over that. I don?t have any of this sort of bitter resentment about the whole fucking upheaval that was 1996.

So now I feel content in doing what I?m doing and sort of letting bygones be bygones. Although I think he?s probably still pissed at me for a lot of things. But I?m like, whatever. It probably is my fault. Whatever, I?ll let it go.

Thats great, it's good to see Slash putting all the shit behind him, it was a long time ago now, time to let it go. Hopefully Axl and Slash might be able to get together for a chat soon, as Axl has done with several other former members in recent times.

Thanks for the post "guns_n_motley ". Do you have a source?

Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2007, 12:27:16 AM »

Good, because in the past Slash has always been ultra reliable when it comes to GNR news.   Smiley

(And don't get me wrong, I love Slash).

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2007, 12:28:37 AM »

Thats great, it's good to see Slash putting all the shit behind him, it was a long time ago now, time to let it go. Hopefully Axl and Slash might be able to get together for a chat soon, as Axl has done with several other former members in recent times.

for the purpose of what?

isnt' there a topic for this anyways in the VR section?  Roll Eyes
guns_n_motley
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2007, 12:42:54 AM »

for the purpose of what?

isnt' there a topic for this anyways in the VR section?? Roll Eyes

Its good to see Slash putting the past behind him. the problem with most reunions is that no one wants to be "that guy" who goes "I was wrong im sorry" it takes a man to admit his faults. Even if Slash wasnt that much at fault, its mending of the bridges.

I wouldnt be surprised that if CD comes out this year, in a few years we will have a gnr reunion
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2007, 01:16:30 AM »

for the purpose of what?

isnt' there a topic for this anyways in the VR section?  Roll Eyes

Its good to see Slash putting the past behind him. the problem with most reunions is that no one wants to be "that guy" who goes "I was wrong im sorry" it takes a man to admit his faults. Even if Slash wasnt that much at fault, its mending of the bridges.

I wouldnt be surprised that if CD comes out this year, in a few years we will have a gnr reunion

fuck a reunion.   why drop a techincally superior lineup of musicans just for nostalgia?

ZRO
Rocker

Does this look infected?

« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2007, 02:14:45 AM »

So read the interview in which this excerpt was pulled from.  I just can't follow your logic sometimes man

i would if i was more interestd in libertad but its a weak mediocre album so I dont really care about info on it.   

i was just responding to the topic of the thread.

u think libertad is a weak mediocre album.this really shows how much u know about music.CD could cum out tomorow and be shit and the likes of u would praise the shit out of it cause its axls baby.really dont leave posts if u dont know what ur talkin bout.

Why you need to bring GNR to the discussion? Why you all Scott fanboys need to justify EVERYTHING VR or Scottie does with GNR or Axl comparisons? Why you all keep insisting on a senseless comparison?

Guns N' Roses cant be compared with VR, and Axl Rose cant be compared with Weiland. Same for ANY GNR album with ANY VR album. It's just ridiculous: frontmen in different leagues, bands in different leagues, albums in different leagues. You'll necesarily lose everytime you all propose this kind of comparisons.

Go compare VR with...lets say... Buckcherry, Linkin Park, Papa Roach, etc. Compare Weiland with any other Vedder/Morrison wannabe and compare ''Libertad'' with any other mediocre-disposable-corporate rock album and you'll have an interesting comparison to propose.

If you want to discuss CD, GNR or the ethernal GNR leader, feel free to go to the GNR section. Let's make things easier to the mods  ok

Do you know how stupid that post was? Really, it was one of the dumbest posts I've ever seen. Taking an extended leave of absence from the Internet may be a good idea for you.

This was basically what you did...

"WAHHHH Why do you always have to bring up GNR when trying to justify VR? Can't you just leave GNR and Axl out of it?! WAHHHH"

*proceeds to keep GNR and Axl in the discussio by justifying them by bashing VR*

« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 02:18:44 AM by ZRO » Logged
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2007, 07:15:56 AM »

... turned into another VR vs GnR thread.

It takes a better man to admit one is wrong.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2007, 07:35:36 AM »

yea in fact he's answering more GnR questions in the last year than he has since he's left guns over a decade ago.

you'd think with a new album out these guys wuld be more interested in talking about VR and Libertad.

what the HELL! have you read the article?!?! the entire interview is massive, goes in depth about the guitars used on libertad, he talks about how he likes scotts voice on this record, etc. this is just one small tidbit that the axilites are focusing on.

yet the title of the thread is: Slash Interview - Mentions Axl/CD

well, it's a GN'R forum...isn't it?

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: