Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 05:35:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Eddie Trunk Responds - PLEASE STOP THE GN'R INSANITY!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eddie Trunk Responds - PLEASE STOP THE GN'R INSANITY!!!!  (Read 54033 times)
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #120 on: August 07, 2007, 06:14:55 PM »

I don't really care if the damn thing comes out this year or not. I just want to know who will get the blame for it not? "if? it doesn't."

Merck got it last year . who is up on the chopping block this year?

If they dont give a date, why would anybody be???
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #121 on: August 07, 2007, 06:15:53 PM »

I don't really care if the damn thing comes out this year or not. I just want to know who will get the blame for it not? "if  it doesn't."

THeir wasn't a date last year but the somebody did.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #122 on: August 07, 2007, 06:18:58 PM »

I don't really care if the damn thing comes out this year or not. I just want to know who will get the blame for it not? "if? it doesn't."

You're right last year had the "21 Tuesday Guarantee!!"
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #123 on: August 07, 2007, 06:21:29 PM »

I don't really care if the damn thing comes out this year or not. I just want to know who will get the blame for it not? "if  it doesn't."

Right which wasn't a date.

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #124 on: August 07, 2007, 06:22:30 PM »

Show me where it says GN'R are planning on releasing an album in 2007.

Are you fucking serious?

Did you miss the updates about recording being finished and mixing taking place earlier this year?

Is that a joke?

The Foo Fighters may have international acclaim, but I would hardly lump them with big sellers such as U2, Radiohead, etc..

If that's the "biggest" forthcoming album you could think of, I truly weep for the music industry.

Laugh all you want, I answered your question and it was based on a fact. An actual release of an actual album unlike your whole idea which is based on no facts.

Did I say that?

No, what I said was that I haven't heard a single mention of any "epic" album on its way to store shelves this Fall.

But hey, according to you, there are people out there on the edge of their chairs anticipating a new Foo Fighters album.. hihi

I tried to tell you but you're too busy covering your ears and yelling "I'm not listening to you la la la I'm right since I don't have to take any note of what you're saying! La la la!".

We don't know exactly what albums are coming later since it's too early for those announcements.

They would more than likely release Gn'R's new album.

But is that still possible for this year Jarmo?

As I've said, I personally think to much time has already elapsed this year to still make a go of it.

What do you base that on? Please, tell me!

None of this "I think it's too late".

Tell me exactly why you think it's too late.

Back it up with something other than "I believe".

/jarmo

Did you miss the updates about recording being finished and mixing taking place earlier this year?

No, I didn't.

I must have missed the update where a release date for this year was given though..

Laugh all you want, I answered your question and it was based on a fact. An actual release of an actual album unlike your whole idea which is based on no facts.

I laugh because for your past couple posts you've been going on and on about how record companies are yet to unveil which "big" albums are still yet to come this year, and the best you can muster is a measly Foo Fighters album..

We don't know exactly what albums are coming later since it's too early for those announcements.

That's right.

But wait...

Just a few days ago, it was announced that Led Zeppelin are putting out not one, but two new packages November 13th I believe the date was.

That's 3 months notice, but wait..

According to you:

it's too early for those announcements.

What do you base that on? Please, tell me!

None of this "I think it's too late".

Tell me exactly why you think it's too late.

Back it up with something other than "I believe".

Ok.

Well, seeing as how the band just wrapped up a tour, perhaps we can assume that they'll want to unwind a bit, relax with family, and enjoy the remainder of summer before getting back to the business at hand as far as the album is concerned.

Who wants to work when its a gorgeous summer day out?

That takes us up to say the end of August, beginning of September.

Now let's say that all is not done as far as the album goes, whether it be mixing and mastering, or just simple business arrangements.

That'll surely take a few weeks to finalize leading us to the middle or end of September.

Now taking Axl's own words into consideration, if "it takes approximately 2 months from the time the album is handed in until it hits store shelves" then from the middle/end of September, we're looking a potential middle/end of November release.

When you then take into consideration all the things that can't be predicted such as illnesses, vacations, availability of space, etc, our middle/end of November release date might be just a tad hard to reach.

Say you need Joe Blow's signature to finalize something pertaining to the album's release but he's seriously ill or away on holidays until the New Year.

Well then...things are gunna' start to fall behind.

That's why I've suggested that if I were in the band member's shoes, I wouldn't be stressed by finding a way to still get the album out this year, and would instead look to the New Year as the perfect time to launch the album, and perhaps a tour in support of it.

With the difficulty of actually getting the album out by the end of the year removed, the remaining months of this year could instead be spent finalizing all the business negotiations and unresolved legalities that could potentially be holding up the release of the album as we speak.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #125 on: August 07, 2007, 06:24:40 PM »

I know.. Which is why I told you you were right  Roll Eyes
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #126 on: August 07, 2007, 06:26:49 PM »

I know . Just making' sure all the slow people got that.  Roll Eyes

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #127 on: August 07, 2007, 06:28:53 PM »

I know.. Which is why I told you you were right? Roll Eyes

I know . Just making' sure all the slow people got that.? Roll Eyes

So do YOU got it?
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #128 on: August 07, 2007, 06:29:32 PM »

And, Stoned, I don't know where you live, but Foo Fighters *are* very big.?

Im Canadian, and while not speaking on behalf of every Canadian, at least where Im from, the Foo Fighters aren't big at all.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
thegame2000
Headliner

Charlie Brown is excited about GNR too.

« Reply #129 on: August 07, 2007, 06:31:26 PM »

Ok.

Well, seeing as how the band just wrapped up a tour, perhaps we can assume that they'll want to unwind a bit, relax with family, and enjoy the remainder of summer before getting back to the business at hand as far as the album is concerned.

Now let's say that all is not done as far as the album goes, whether it be mixing and mastering, or just simple business arrangements.

That'll surely take a few weeks to finalize leading us to the middle or end of September.

Now taking Axl's own words into consideration, if "it takes approximately 2 months from the time the album is handed in until it hits store shelves" then from the middle/end of September, we're looking a potential middle/end of November release.

When you then take into consideration all the things that can't be predicted such as illnesses, vacations, availability of space, etc, our middle/end of November release date might be just a tad hard to reach.

Say you need Joe Blow's signature to finalize something pertaining to the album's release but he's seriously ill or away on holidays until the New Year.

That's why I've suggested that if I were in the band member's shoes, I wouldn't be stressed by finding a way to still get the album out this year, and would instead look to the New Year as the perfect time to launch the album, and perhaps a tour in support of it.

With the difficulty of actually getting the album out by the end of the year removed, the remaining months of this year could instead be spent finalizing all the business negotiations and unresolved legalities that could potentially be holding up the release of the album as we speak.

OK, this is hard, because I actually agree with you that it's highly unlikely we'll see the album this year. ?However, I'm not trying to back up my assumption with anything. ?I just don't think it will happen. ?

But too much of your theory relies on illnesses, vacations, and just not wanting to work on a "nice summer day." ?...Seriously? ?You think GNR members are such slackers that they'd rather go to the beach than put finishing touches on the album? ?OK.

Regarding Foo Fighters:  OK, just curious.

Why do I have suddenly have the urge to read 1984?
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #130 on: August 07, 2007, 06:31:48 PM »

I know . Just making' sure all the slow people got that.  Roll Eyes

So do YOU got it?

do you?

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #131 on: August 07, 2007, 06:33:06 PM »

I don't really care if the damn thing comes out this year or not. I just want to know who will get the blame for it not? "if it doesn't."

I know.. Which is why I told you you were right Roll Eyes

I know . Just making' sure all the slow people got that. Roll Eyes

So do YOU got it?

do you?

I only told you twice? rofl
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 06:35:27 PM by Loaded NightraiN » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #132 on: August 07, 2007, 06:34:07 PM »

No, I didn't.

I must have missed the update where a release date for this year was given though..

Once again, your logic is: If there's no release date, it's coming out in 2008.

I guess that goes for all the albums...... Maybe movies too?  Shocked

I laugh because for your past couple posts you've been going on and on about how record companies are yet to unveil which "big" albums are still yet to come this year, and the best you can muster is a measly Foo Fighters album...

Question: Didn't I explain why?

There's even an example of us not knowing about a GN'R release later in the year from the past. Live Era was announced a month in advance. In OCTOBER and it came out in NOVEMBER 1999.

Just a few days ago, it was announced that Led Zeppelin are putting out not one, but two new packages November 13th I believe the date was.

Led Zeppelin?

I guess they're one of those small indie bands nobody knows of. I thought you didn't know of any big releases coming this year....

Would you be surprised if some other big bands besides Led Zeppelin release albums this year?

By your logic, it's too late now....  hihi

Ok.

Ok, now you posted the reasons why. Good.

Just one big problem with what you said:

But is it possible for the band members to relax. spend time at home with their families while the record's release is still being worked on?

Does the whole process halt because Bumblefoot is at home testing hot sauce?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 06:56:58 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #133 on: August 07, 2007, 06:36:31 PM »

When did Led Zeppelin become a bi band?

I can already tell you all the movies coming out this year Jarmo. All the big ones have a locked date .EHll I can even tell you for next year just about.

A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #134 on: August 07, 2007, 06:45:19 PM »

Is it September when the list of Universals releases for the rest of the year comes out? If GNR aren't on that list it seems highly unlikely we'll get CD in 07.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #135 on: August 07, 2007, 06:46:46 PM »

Nobody would have any reason to doubt that Chi Dem was coming out this Nov would they? 

It's not as if EVERY November for the last few years we've had strong rumours about it.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
yourfinalanswer
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #136 on: August 07, 2007, 06:49:20 PM »

I work with a couple diehard GNR fans like myself and we have all resigned ourselves to the fact this album most likely is never going to see the light of day. ?If it does, I don't think anyone is betting on this year; that's for sure. ?Funny enough, we aren't really that pisse doff anymore - we just aren't waiting anymore. ?The sad thing is we aren't that excited about it either - I'm sure that will change if a release date is ever given, but the luster and "buzz" has died down a lot since last year and even this past March. ?Whether Merkc was a scapegoat or not, that would have worked if Axl had been able to hit his ETA of March. ?Who knows if this didn't happen because of Axl or because of the label. ?Even better, who really cares? ?For now we just drop by this forum every day or every few days to see if there is any big headline that says "CD RELEASE DATE ANNOUNCED". ?All the other posts here are just entertaining once in awhile to pass the time. ?I'm sure GNR can create a buzz again (and probably will if & when they hit North America later this year) but the camp needs to realize the perfect timing isn't like Haley's comet as in once every eighty some years, but it just doesn't feel the same as it woul dhave if it had been late last year or early this year. ?We all agree we'll take it anytime we can get it, but a tiny tiny part just seems sort of bittersweet now. ?My two cents worth. ? peace
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #137 on: August 07, 2007, 06:50:19 PM »

No, I didn't.

I guess that goes for all the albums...... Maybe movies too?? Shocked

I laugh because for your past couple posts you've been going on and on about how record companies are yet to unveil which "big" albums are still yet to come this year, and the best you can muster is a measly Foo Fighters album...

Question: Didn't I explain why?

There's even an example of us not knowing about a GN'R release later in the year from the past. Live Era was announced a month in advance. In OCTOBER and it came out in NOVEMBER 1999.

Led Zeppelin?

I guess they're one of those small indie bands nobody knows of. I thought you didn't know of any big releases coming this year....

Would you be surprised if some other bi bands besides Led Zeppelin release albums this year?

By your logic, it's too late now....? hihi

Ok.

Ok, now you posted the reasons why. Good.

Just one big problem with what you said:

But is it possible for the band members to relax. spend time at home with their families while the record's release is still being worked on?

Does the whole process halt because Bumblefoot is at home testing hot sauce?

/jarmo

No.

I never once said that.

However, if this year is unlikely, logic would seem to indicate that next year might be the year.

And how well did that work out Jarmo?

If memory serves me correctly, Live Era is the poorest selling album/compilation Gn'R have ever released.

Perhaps ?the short notice and lack of promotion played a role on how it didn't make a splash in the least as far as sales are concerned.

I hardly call two greatest hits packages "big releases."

Would you be surprised if some other bi bands besides Led Zeppelin release albums this year?

Not at all.

Any idea who some of these "big bands" might be Jarmo?

(besides the Foo Fighters hihi)

is it possible for the band members to relax. spend time at home with their families while the record's release is still being worked on?

Of course it is.

I seriously doubt all of the band members physically being in the studio or office where plans for the album's release are being organized either speeds up, or slows down the release of the album.

Ultimately, the album is capable of being released this year or its not.

Hot sauce or no hot sauce.. hihi

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
thegame2000
Headliner

Charlie Brown is excited about GNR too.

« Reply #138 on: August 07, 2007, 06:56:17 PM »

Not at all.

This argument confuses me.  No, he doesn't know who those big bands are, because THEY HAVEN'T BEEN ANNOUNCED YET.  Just like Chi Dem's release date hasn't been announced "yet."  Because, as Jarmo has been saying, there's still plenty of time for those announcements to be made.  So how does this argument benefit you?

Why do I have suddenly have the urge to read 1984?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #139 on: August 07, 2007, 06:56:30 PM »

No.

I never once said that.

However, if this year is unlikely, logic would seem to indicate that next year might be the year.

Apparently, what makes it unlikely is the nice summer weather.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but summer happens every year. Right?

How come artists and record companies have managed to get stuff released all those other years even though there were nice sunny days when you'd rather stay at home and spend time with your family?

And how well did that work out Jarmo?

If memory serves me correctly, Live Era is the poorest selling album/compilation Gn'R have ever released.

Don't change the subject.

I once again proved that it's not too late.

What I consider big might make you laugh because they don't sell in Canada.

I'm pretty sure there'll be big albums out before Christmas.

Seems like hip hop artists I've never heard of go multi platinum....

Of course it is.

I seriously doubt all of the band members physically being in the studio or office where plans for the album's release are being organized either speeds up, or slows down the release of the album.

Ultimately, the album is capable of being released this year or its not.

Hot sauce or no hot sauce.. hihi

Ok, so you don't think the reason you gave for the delay would actually delay the album's release.

As I suspected.

Thank you.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: