Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 09:47:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228062 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Eddie Trunk Responds - PLEASE STOP THE GN'R INSANITY!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eddie Trunk Responds - PLEASE STOP THE GN'R INSANITY!!!!  (Read 54116 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #160 on: August 07, 2007, 09:17:37 PM »

I seriously doubt any release this year, mostly because there have been no updates since the end of the tour, not even from before the tour.

No updates = no release?

Well, we got some updates last year, that must mean... Oh wait.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #161 on: August 07, 2007, 09:23:11 PM »

lol.
it's funny how you changed your tune from... "everybody who doubts a 2006 release is a hater" to.... "its not impossible to get it out in 2007" hihi

In contrast to your: "Whine, whine, whine" tune?  hihi

2006 was the plan, I'll be happy to admit I believed it at the time.

/jarmo

what can I say. whining is a way of life.
besides, I've been optimistic long enough.

and as mr George Bush would say.... ;
"There's an old saying in Tennessee ? I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee ? that says, fool me once, shame on ? shame on you. Fool me ? you can't get fooled again."

hence the "whine, whine, whine" tune.

http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/bushvideos/v/bushfoolme.htm

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #162 on: August 07, 2007, 09:32:57 PM »

I seriously doubt any release this year, mostly because there have been no updates since the end of the tour, not even from before the tour.

No updates = no release?

Well, we got some updates last year, that must mean... Oh wait.

/jarmo

And we didn't the year before and the year before .  So that must mean ......oh wait .

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #163 on: August 07, 2007, 09:37:12 PM »

it's funny how you changed your tune from... "everybody who doubts a 2006 release is a hater" to.... "its not impossible to get it out in 2007" hihi

It's funny how we haven't banned you yet for being a moron.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #164 on: August 07, 2007, 09:49:21 PM »

And we didn't the year before and the year before .  So that must mean ......oh wait .

Thanks for proving my point.

Talk about looking for a needle in a hay stack.

If you think the lack of updates last month means there's no way the album is coming out in 2007, then congratulations!

Do you also do fortune telling at the fairgrounds?

what can I say. whining is a way of life.
besides, I've been optimistic long enough.

and as mr George Bush would say.... ;
"There's an old saying in Tennessee ? I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee ? that says, fool me once, shame on ? shame on you. Fool me ? you can't get fooled again."

hence the "whine, whine, whine" tune.

Unlike you, I don't consider myself fooled. It wasn't released in 2006, we could read why in Axl's letter.

I don't take it personally enough to start holding a fucking grudge against the band.... A grudge that makes me think that everything sucks. Something that makes me tell others who are still excited about the tour that the year is over.

There's one thing I'm not optimistic about. This kind of people will never be happy with GN'R. They might be happy for five seconds, then they forget about it and find something else to whine about.

Some of these people like the saying "Well, I give credit when credit is due". The band just finished a tour in a time when your kind seems to secretly wish for riots and canceled shows.

They just go silent. I mean, it's not cool to give credit. Some of the cool kids might think you're an ass kisser and not a "free objective mind" if you do!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #165 on: August 07, 2007, 09:54:52 PM »

Thanks for proving my point.

Talk about looking for a needle in a hay stack.

If you think the lack of updates last month means there's no way the album is coming out in 2007, then congratulations!

Do you also do fortune telling at the fairgrounds?

yes I do want me to tell you , yours?

Your welcome by the way.

Rhino
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #166 on: August 07, 2007, 09:57:15 PM »

why is anyone still talking about this.

it sucks to check the site and this stupid thread is still the no. one topic. I wish there was something real to talk about around here.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #167 on: August 07, 2007, 09:59:14 PM »

it sucks to check the site and this stupid thread is still the no. one topic. I wish there was something real to talk about around here.

Well thanks for just bring back the attention, fucker. Roll Eyes rant  Tongue

Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #168 on: August 07, 2007, 10:02:32 PM »

Unlike you, I don't consider myself fooled. It wasn't released in 2006, we could read why in Axl's letter.

I don't take it personally enough to start holding a fucking grudge against the band.... A grudge that makes me think that everything sucks. Something that makes me tell others who are still excited about the tour that the year is over.

There's one thing I'm not optimistic about. This kind of people will never be happy with GN'R. They might be happy for five seconds, then they forget about it and find something else to whine about.

Some of these people like the saying "Well, I give credit when credit is due". The band just finished a tour in a time when your kind seems to secretly wish for riots and canceled shows.

They just go silent. I mean, it's not cool to give credit. Some of the cool kids might think you're an ass kisser and not a "free objective mind" if you do!

/jarmo

the fool me part wasnt about the album. I'm used to it not being around. I'm talking about the previous non events.
and I dont hold a grudge against the band. I'm still a fan as much as I was in 2000 (well maybe a little bit less because Huge left Cheesy - what can I say... I'm a "Huge fan of Huge"), but I do get disappointed. and disappointments are what "hurts" the most.
I dont wish for riots or canceled shows. God knows I've had enough of those

I give credit when credit is due, and I do sing praises, but what's the point in me posting a "Well done" post in a 34934 post thread? I like to make constructive comments, sometimes sarcastic, even if it means I have to read lame replies like the last one by AdZ (you dude should really start to pick on someone of your size.... you are way much of a noob for me to give a crap about a thing you have to say)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 10:04:41 PM by Lucky » Logged

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #169 on: August 07, 2007, 10:05:15 PM »

I like to make constructive comments, sometimes sarcastic, even if it means I have to read lame replies like the last one by AdZ (you dude should really start to pick on someone of your size.... you are way much of a noob for me to give a crap about a thing you have to say)

Cry

Dude, your comments aren't constructive or even sarcasitc.

You're just a callous asshole.

You're not big or clever in anyway, you've been typing this shit for ages, and now it's just boring.
We're all sick of it.

The 'noob' thing?
-Noone gives a fuck.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #170 on: August 07, 2007, 10:10:13 PM »

PLEASE STOP THE G N' R INSANITY!!!!

Please stop the G&R insanity! Really, it is just stupid at this point!! I am getting emails from people about posts on message boards about things I did NOT say. How can anyone take all this so seriously? One guy asks me at the Manson show if I knew when the CD was coming out and I said no idea "maybe tomorrow, maybe never". Just small talk. I have NO INFO AT ALL and honestly don't care about it until it actually exists! I spoke to Bumblefoot who said the Asian tour was awesome, but he has no news either. It is crazy how things are completely taken out of context and blown up online. Really gets old after a while. I HAVE NO NEWS AT ALL, IF AND WHEN I DO I WILL LET YOU KNOW, BUT PLEASE STOP THIS DUMB SHIT AND OVER-REACTION!!!!

http://www.eddietrunk.com/blogarticle.php?columns_id=966

Given that we're nine pages in, I thought it would be a good time to focus on why exactly this thread exists.? Or perhaps, given what the discussion has degenerated into, why this thread should no longer exist...if nothing else, perhaps the "PLEASE STOP THIS DUMB SHIT" part has some value in the here and now...? ? beer
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #171 on: August 07, 2007, 10:14:44 PM »

A tour still doesn't validate how a rushed release and lack of promotion ala Live Era would do Chinese Democracy any good in this day and age.

Oh so you're saying an active band is not a plus when you release an album?

If Gn'R cant get Chinese Democracy out in 2007, wouldn't it make sense to release it when it actually can be released?

Say next year?

Haha.

That's logical.

But where your whole point fails, is that you fail to realize it's not impossible to get it out in 2007.

You say it is and that is your proof that it should be out in 2008. You have no proof, all you keep doing is repeating your summer and holiday shit.

Just drop it already.

More potential customers for Chinese Democracy too, no?

Example: If you have five bands fighting to get you to spend that $10 on their cd or if there's only one album you want that month, which is better?

Your whole idea is ridiculous. I'm starting to think you only post it to be funny.

Let's see... In short you want the album out in 2008 because the band needs a break and because EVERYBODY else (that competes with GN'R for your record buying dollars) are releasing albums then.

Yeah, that makes sense.? Roll Eyes

Didn't you use to be called something else and now you're "Stoned"?

That might explain this "theory"....

Oh so you're saying an active band is not a plus when you release an album?

Uh, Guns N' Roses weren't an active band back in 1999?

That's funny.

I could have sworn I heard "Oh My God" during the film "End of Days" that very year.

But where your whole point fails, is that you fail to realize it's not impossible to get it out in 2007.

Not impossible.

The odds of it happening worsen with every passing day though.

You have no proof

And you have no proof of a 2007 release.

Ironic?

Let's see... In short you want the album out in 2008 because the band needs a break

As much as I support the band taking a break, what I've essentially been stressing all along is that if a 2007 release is unlikely, as I believe it to be, or if that slowly becomes the "obvious" case as we continue to advance through the year 2007, if I were in a deciding role, I would focus all my energy instead on making a 2008 a definite possibility.

How would you go about doing that you might ask?

Well, to accomplish that, I would probably devote all my energy for the remainder of this year into not letting a plausible 2008 release slip through my fingers, which would entail finalizing every detail surrounding the release of this album before the end of the year.

In a nutshell, if its too hard, or exasperating to make this year still work; relax, and get all your ducks in a row for a definite release in the New Year.

and because EVERYBODY else (that competes with GN'R for your record buying dollars) are releasing albums then.

That was never been part of my position..

You stated numerous times now how there are "plenty of big albums" still to come before the end of this year, and that's where I brought up how I didn't believe that to be so, given the list of artists who are already planning on dropping new albums in the New Year.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 10:21:12 PM by Stoned » Logged

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
HungerForChaos
Rocker

Not Here Yesterday...

« Reply #172 on: August 07, 2007, 10:21:02 PM »

And you have no proof of a 2007 release.

Ironic?

You're just arguing to argue!! He never said there would be a 2007 release, his point was that you shouldn't be so sure of yourself.
rubinho.ma
« Reply #173 on: August 07, 2007, 11:12:03 PM »

Holy shit! Axl said that he wouldn't put the album out without PROPER PROMOTION.

It's very simple to calculate:
NO PROMOTION + NO SINGLE=NO FUCKIN' ALBUM

Then why are we asking ourselves and holding all this intense discussion about it? drool
thegame2000
Headliner

Charlie Brown is excited about GNR too.

« Reply #174 on: August 07, 2007, 11:23:57 PM »

I second this.

Holy shit! Axl said that he wouldn't put the album out without PROPER PROMOTION.

It's very simple to calculate:
NO PROMOTION + NO SINGLE=NO FUCKIN' ALBUM

Then why are we asking ourselves and holding all this intense discussion about it? drool

This also.  Reading all this fucking childish bickering is entertaining, of course, and I know it's what message boards were created for (and God knows there's nothing else to talk about), but after a while... c'mon.  Two or three pages ago I remarked that Jarmo and Stoned were just saying the same things back and forth to each other.  How many days will this keep up?

...And frankly, I'm a little afraid to be typing this, because I know how well criticism is received around here.

Why do I have suddenly have the urge to read 1984?
bart123
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #175 on: August 08, 2007, 07:18:36 AM »

Id be more than thrilled if the band managed to release the album before the end of 2007, however, since I personally feel that it is getting late in the year for the album to be released, if I were in any of the band member's shoes, instead of stressing over making the deadline of December 31, 2007, I would instead pave the way for the album's release in the new year.

What exactly do you base that one knowing very well that none of the big albums coming out after September have been announced yet?

How come the record companies are gonna announce a bunch of albums coming out before Christmas? Seems like only you think it's too late.....

Your thinking makes no sense to me considering every year we see a bunch of albums released in the fall.

Finalize business arrangements; settle legalities, book venues for the New Year, talk to promoters, etc.

Organize a new tour for the New Year, the list goes on and on.

Sure, but none of those things would suffer because they happened before January 1st.

It's just ridiculous.

Stop the negativity already. It's like you want to be negative for the sake of being negative.

"It's too late! Focus on 2008!? crying " What the fuck......

If people were thinking like you, there'd be no new releases between August and December 31st.

We have absolutely no way of knowing if this kind of stuff isn't already being looked into, however, seeing as how this year is already more than half over, the band should instead solely focus on everything which can be completed before the end of the year, and launch the album in the new year with an already organized world tour.

Please, enough already.

You know absolutely nothing yet you're the one telling them what they should do.

Are you aware of the fact that last year's shows in North America were announced in September and October?

Check the month we're currently in..... Plenty of time.

In regards to the calendar, as you said, the dates don't really matter.

However, as always, timing is of the absolute essence, and there aint much sand left in the hour glass as far as this year is concerned.

Why do I get the feeling I've heard this before?

Do you think that if you repeat it often enough in the same post, we'll start thinking you have a point?

If the album is capable of being released this year, that's absolutely amazing, and I couldn't be more excited.

However, I personally don't think there is enough time for it still to happen.

Eh, again?

So I return to my original point.

If Chinese Democracy can't be released this year, finalize and complete everything surrounding the release of Chinese Democracy instead, and release the album in 'O8.?

Wow, now that makes sense. IF it's not out in 2007, release it the next year.

The funny thing is, that can be said about anything!

/jarmo

i have the feeling the gaffer knows something.he seems very confident in all his posts on this thread that there is plenty of time left this year. rofl
suicide
VIP

« Reply #176 on: August 08, 2007, 07:49:59 AM »

2006 was the plan, I'll be happy to admit I believed it at the time.
Don't worry about that, I even believed 2002 was the time! You know: Asian, European and North American tour, MTV Awards, ...
I also felt like 1999 could have been the year (End of Days soundtrack) or 2001 (Rock In Rio III). Same for 2006. Shows how stupid I am!

Now I don't think the album will be released this year anymore, I only hope so.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #177 on: August 08, 2007, 08:00:15 AM »

See, it's not a pattern. It's not like "if it happened that way once, it will be the same now". That's bullshit.

Just think:

- we had the recording done and the mixing (started several months ago) before?

- did they stopped a tour without any other date in advance (not even a concrete rumor) for the rest of the year?

- did they do this whole thing after Axl himself stated a tentative release date (which means it was already close to being release)?

For God's sake, stop the "oh, this happened in 2002/1999/2004/whatever" whining. They are not doing their work in patterns.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 08:09:10 AM by Voodoochild » Logged

kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #178 on: August 08, 2007, 08:07:13 AM »

Jarmo.. the reason people get annoyed is we know you are as desperate for CD as much as we are. And you know fine well the attitude of the band towards us fans is unacceptable.

Bands are businesses that require fans time and money to fuel their lifestyles and pay the bills that afford them tours and time in the studio.

But GnR treat us fans like crap.

stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #179 on: August 08, 2007, 08:10:52 AM »

Rock & Roll is a pretty tough business.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: