Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 10:27:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228062 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Eddie Trunk Responds - PLEASE STOP THE GN'R INSANITY!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eddie Trunk Responds - PLEASE STOP THE GN'R INSANITY!!!!  (Read 54128 times)
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #180 on: August 08, 2007, 08:25:33 AM »

anyone care to speculate on what the hold up really is?  recording is finished already, we know that.  i don't buy in to the "axl is a perfectionist" theory - he's had enough time.  the bullshit surrounding the merck problems is resolved already.  seriously, any other band could've released 3-5 records in this timeframe.  i understand all the different members causes delays, but this lineup has been together far too long to not have a record out.  the wait is getting old.  late last year i was so excited - it was the best i felt about gnr since uyi came out, only to get let down again.  now, i refuse to beleive any rumors or announcements.  everyone here speculates on this and that, when the reality is our chains are getting pulled every day by a reclusive band led by someone who doesn't care a bit about his fan base.  cd is not coming out!  face it.

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #181 on: August 08, 2007, 08:29:21 AM »

Did some leaks come out last year? That could be a reason.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #182 on: August 08, 2007, 08:33:48 AM »

Stoned is getting on my nerves... whether you think all or any of these are BIG releases is of no concern to me... however anyone and everyone who knows anything about music will understand that there are some huge albums in here includidng Kanye West, 50 Cent, REM, Radiohead, U2, Micheal Jackson and many, many more.

NO DATES BEYOND OCTOBER HAVE BEEN SET YET, THAT IS THE BIG XMAS SEASON WHEN THE BIG GUNS COME OUT

Big Releases still to come in 2007:

4 September - 50 Cent

11 September - Black Francis (Pixies)

18 September - James Blunt

24 September - PJ Harvey

25 September - Foo Fighters

23 October - Alicia Keys

30 October - Backstreet Boys

30 October - Puscifier (Maynard from Tool Solo Debut)

Future 2007 Releases

RADIOHEAD

U2

Kanye West

The Vines

Scott Weiland

REM

Aerosmith

Ryan Adams Box Set

Black Eyed Peas

The Breeders (ex-Pixies)

The Cure

Def Leppard

Peter Gabriel

Gnarls Barkley

Michael Jackson

LL Cool J

Jennifer Lopez

Courtney Love

Portishead

« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 10:28:32 AM by Oh My Choking Soul » Logged

loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #183 on: August 08, 2007, 08:37:44 AM »

anyone care to speculate on what the hold up really is?? recording is finished already, we know that.?

How do we know that?  Are you just making assumptions?

I'm pretty sure the "hold up" is that the mixing is still going on.   Mixing is not a definite science.  It doesn't take 3-5 weeks or something like that.  It can take as long as it takes, and given the complexities of the new songs and what we've heard from the band members, it does not surprise me at all that it would take a long time.

I've been working on mixing one single song for the last seven months, and I've just barely started recording the vocals.

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #184 on: August 08, 2007, 08:38:16 AM »

anyone care to speculate on what the hold up really is?? recording is finished already, we know that.? i don't buy in to the "axl is a perfectionist" theory - he's had enough time.? the bullshit surrounding the merck problems is resolved already.? seriously, any other band could've released 3-5 records in this timeframe.? i understand all the different members causes delays, but this lineup has been together far too long to not have a record out.? the wait is getting old.? late last year i was so excited - it was the best i felt about gnr since uyi came out, only to get let down again.? now, i refuse to beleive any rumors or announcements.? everyone here speculates on this and that, when the reality is our chains are getting pulled every day by a reclusive band led by someone who doesn't care a bit about his fan base.? cd is not coming out!? face it.

axl doesn't owe you anything..geez. he's a true artist and he wants the record to be perfect... get on board or fuck off.. you're probably one of those "fans" that likes to complain and come here talking about a "reunuion" and if thats the case...well...you know

guns are active now and you should be a fan.. they've toured......... I thought that meant something to you

« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 08:41:38 AM by I.K.N.K.N » Logged

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #185 on: August 08, 2007, 08:41:37 AM »

That's what really amazes me I.K.N.K.N -

I really didn't think that some people were SO SELFISH!   Undecided

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #186 on: August 08, 2007, 08:59:19 AM »

anyone care to speculate on what the hold up really is?? recording is finished already, we know that.? i don't buy in to the "axl is a perfectionist" theory - he's had enough time.? the bullshit surrounding the merck problems is resolved already.? seriously, any other band could've released 3-5 records in this timeframe.? i understand all the different members causes delays, but this lineup has been together far too long to not have a record out.? the wait is getting old.? late last year i was so excited - it was the best i felt about gnr since uyi came out, only to get let down again.? now, i refuse to beleive any rumors or announcements.? everyone here speculates on this and that, when the reality is our chains are getting pulled every day by a reclusive band led by someone who doesn't care a bit about his fan base.? cd is not coming out!? face it.

axl doesn't owe you anything..geez. he's a true artist and he wants the record to be perfect... get on board or fuck off.. you're probably one of those "fans" that likes to complain and come here talking about a "reunuion" and if thats the case...well...you know

guns are active now and you should be a fan.. they've toured......... I thought that meant something to you

the only thing he might owe us is an explanation when march 6 came and went.  i am very happy they toured but i think he could have used this platform to at least give some updates - but again we're left in the dark.  why even give a tentative date if you're not going to follow up in any way (album or announcement).  as far as we know, no work is being done on the album.  i hope i'm wrong, but i think the band is sitting back counting their $$$ they made on the tour - not working ont he long awaited cd.

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #187 on: August 08, 2007, 09:01:03 AM »

The tour should have spoken for itself.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
aramelus
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #188 on: August 08, 2007, 09:23:47 AM »

Just to Quote Axl "If we are delayed for unseen reasons, you also will be notified as soon as possible in regard to a new date, and the album will be released as shortly thereafter as is possible". Still waiting for that update  Grin
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #189 on: August 08, 2007, 09:25:02 AM »

When he has a firm date he'll let this site know!

He's not going to use the word tentative again....

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
madagas
« Reply #190 on: August 08, 2007, 09:52:10 AM »

He shouldn't have used it the first time! Undecided
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #191 on: August 08, 2007, 10:09:32 AM »

Uh, Guns N' Roses weren't an active band back in 1999?

That's funny.

I could have sworn I heard "Oh My God" during the film "End of Days" that very year.

Funny, that you remember 1999 so well but 2006 and 2007 are a distant memory.

Drugs are bad....

And you have no proof of a 2007 release.

You mean the fact that recording is finished wouldn't point in that direction?

The ironic thing is that you keep arguing with no proof and nothing even hinting at you being right other than "it's sunny", "they need a holiday" and "everybody else is releasing albums in 2008".

In a nutshell, if its too hard, or exasperating to make this year still work; relax, and get all your ducks in a row for a definite release in the New Year.

A lot of IFs backed up by nothing...

You stated numerous times now how there are "plenty of big albums" still to come before the end of this year, and that's where I brought up how I didn't believe that to be so, given the list of artists who are already planning on dropping new albums in the New Year.

You just skipped the part about how every year there's a bunch of albums released in time for Christmas.

It's one of the seasons for record releases.

It's logical to release albums that are ready for release then.

But you just want to enjoy the sun and wait until everybody else's albums are ready....  rofl

Jarmo.. the reason people get annoyed is we know you are as desperate for CD as much as we are. And you know fine well the attitude of the band towards us fans is unacceptable.

Bands are businesses that require fans time and money to fuel their lifestyles and pay the bills that afford them tours and time in the studio.

But GnR treat us fans like crap.

Whoa. What a bunch of bullshit.

Just because you're used to bands doing what you want them to, and GN'R are different, you get offended and confused. "What's this? They can't do this to me! I'm a fan!  crying "

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #192 on: August 08, 2007, 10:21:28 AM »

Hey Jarmo, don't know if you saw, but the very examples of what nimrod calls big releases "Radiohead and U2" actually have releases in 2007. So, though he thinks the Foos are small time, I think he may have a harder time arguing Micheal Jackson, U2 and Radiohead. To suppport this point (and your point) even more... the release dates have yet to be firmed outside of a solid 2007 release. Thus, how are these bands any different that GN'R at this point.

Anyway, Jarmo I'm with you on all the points you made in this thread.

To date it still amazes me how level headed you are. Better you than me bud dealing with these boards. Talk about thankless, well not true I guess, at least? the band recognizes all your hard work... what more could you ask for.? ok
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 10:26:46 AM by Oh My Choking Soul » Logged

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #193 on: August 08, 2007, 10:27:58 AM »

Hey Jarmo, don't know if you saw, but the very examples of what nimrod calls big releases "Radiohead and U2" actually have releases in 2007.

I saw the list.

Thanks for digging it up.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
greendog
« Reply #194 on: August 08, 2007, 10:30:44 AM »

If you feel so cheated and that you're been treated like shit, then don't be a fan.

Personally, I felt like I had been rewarded when I saw them live.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 11:24:44 AM by jarmo » Logged
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #195 on: August 08, 2007, 10:34:00 AM »

Just to Quote Axl "If we are delayed for unseen reasons, you also will be notified as soon as possible in regard to a new date, and the album will be released as shortly thereafter as is possible". Still waiting for that update  Grin

I hate to belabor the point on this (since we've discussed it ad nauseum in older threads), but...

read the bold part.  Read it again.  One more time.

To me, that means, if it's delayed, when they have a new date, they'll let us know ASAP.  If they have no new date, no notification.

It did not say "If there is a delay, we'll let you know about the delay ASAP, give you another date, possibly delay that, give you yet another date, and then release the album RIGHT after that notification".

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #196 on: August 08, 2007, 10:52:33 AM »

I dont understand something. If so many of you are upset and disappointed in "the band" and since you all "know" the cd will never be released why in the hell are you posting on a fan site for the band?

And if the cd doesnt come out this year who the hell cares. it's only a cd. the world will go on, your lives will continue. music is a form of entertainment. in 2006 we got some fucking great concerts. i know i was at 4 of them and saw many more on dvd. we also got the leaks. and hopefully one day we will get an album.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #197 on: August 08, 2007, 11:04:09 AM »

I dont understand something. If so many of you are upset and disappointed in "the band" and since you all "know" the cd will never be released why in the hell are you posting on a fan site for the band?

thats such a good question.   so many people thrive on spending their spare time bitching on guns n roses fan boards.   how bitter can someone get?   fuck.
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #198 on: August 08, 2007, 11:06:35 AM »

Jarmo.. the reason people get annoyed is we know you are as desperate for CD as much as we are. And you know fine well the attitude of the band towards us fans is unacceptable.

Bands are businesses that require fans time and money to fuel their lifestyles and pay the bills that afford them tours and time in the studio.

Whoa. What a bunch of bullshit.

Just because you're used to bands doing what you want them to, and GN'R are different, you get offended and confused. "What's this? They can't do this to me! I'm a fan!? crying "

/jarmo

You defend this band to the hilt regardless of their actions. Its laughable and spineless.

In about 10 years of surfing the net and being a member of various guitar, music, and sport forums, I can honeslty say Ive never met anyone so negative, condecending, arrogant, and obnoxious.

If you have a problem with peoples posts just delete them. Dont rise to the bait and lower yourself into these petty slagging matches. The language you use is pathetic too. Constantly telling people to fuck off etc.

*yawns*

Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #199 on: August 08, 2007, 11:09:33 AM »

thats such a good question.? ?so many people thrive on spending their spare time bitching on guns n roses fan boards.? ?how bitter can someone get?? ?fuck.

In trailer Park Boy fashion... mispronunciation included

By the powers invested by me I here-by declare this "Get on Board or Fuck-Off Day"!

By the way, since this whole Bubbles thing went down I have bought all 6 seasons, X-Mas special and Movie of the Trailer Park boys. I am now officially obsessed. Season 4 is truely genious.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: