Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 05:19:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228021 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Montreal show tonight
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Montreal show tonight  (Read 53109 times)
darth monkey
Beware: Can outwit all of you!
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #280 on: August 14, 2007, 07:01:39 PM »

I'm not a big Fall to Pieces fan either...it's one of my least favorite VR songs, but I did like the acoustic version of it they recorded and it would change it up. Since it is one of their singles I would be surprised to see them drop it. In fact I was surprised to see them drop Dirty Little Thing, but then again that wasn't really the single th band wanted to release.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #281 on: August 14, 2007, 07:10:02 PM »

here are the 22 I prefer:

Let It Roll
Sucker Train Blues
Superhuman
The Last Fight
You Got No Right
Gravedancer
She Mine
Patience
Interstate Love Song
She Builds Quick Machines
American Man
Pills Demons Etc
Just 16
Headspace
Get Out the Door
Dirty Little Thing
Come On Come In
Fall To Pieces
Mr. Brownstone
Vasoline
Wish You Were Here
Slither

well, basically I dropped DIFTK and Big Machine... Added Come on Come In and YGNR.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #282 on: August 14, 2007, 07:29:04 PM »

Do people want to see it longer..

Only if I were allowed to take the stools they sit on and the accoustic instruments they play and beat them about the heads vigorously upon completion.

DISCLAIMER: I realize a vast majority of the fans enjoy these momentum killing forays into what is for all intents and purposes a virtual "rest period" for those bands who choose to go down this so unrighteous live setting path.

That said, I'll stop.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 07:31:51 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #283 on: August 14, 2007, 07:38:12 PM »

I like how you guys take the stupid comments of one or two posters in EVERY SINGLE THREAD in this section and use it to drill VR and it's fans over and over... instead of making comments relevant to the people who are being level-headed about the whole situation (you know? the ones who aren't reacting like it's the end of the world that a fucking band changed it's mind about what songs it's going to play live on tour).

Oh please.

I remember how I personally really wanted to like the first Snakepit album because Slash was on it. A GN'R member made a new album. I wanted to like it and I wanted to support it.

Same thing with Duff's solo album in 1993.

Then after a while you realize it's not really all that great....

I see the same kind of mentality in some posters here that I had at that time.

They want to like VR, so anything they do is just amazing.

You're a Slash fan for example, so you have to love VR. Even though the quality of what he's doing isn't even near the quality of the material that made you become a fan in the first place.

It's the same with all bands.

Before you say that I'm like that with GN'R, I can assure you that I don't have to force myself to like it. I hear the new songs and it sounds like an updated GN'R with all the classic ingredients that I always liked.

With VR, I hear it and I start thinking about STP.

/jarmo

And I can assure you I don't force myself to like VR. Why is that so hard to believe. I love the few songs we have heard from the 99-02 lineup of GnR, but as of this moment I prefer at least three VR songs to any of them. Of course its not fair to compare because we haven't heard final versions of any of the GnR songs and my opinion could very well change but the point still stands. Yes, VR sound different to GnR but i like lots of different types of music; I don't restrict myself. And I have no reason to force myself to like 99-02 GnR instead of VR or vice versa.

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #284 on: August 14, 2007, 07:43:42 PM »

Montreal show was awesome.

Jarmo, I had to force myself to like Oh My God.. 
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #285 on: August 14, 2007, 07:50:24 PM »

The Blues, TWAT, Catcher In The Rye, IRS ? I don't really think so. The guitar and the base of these songs is quite different, the one that is the closest is probably Catcher in the Rye, which last I heard from the rumours might not even be on the album. All the new songs are heavily industrially and electronically influenced. I'm not saying they are better or worse for being that way. I'm just saying they would stick out like a sore thumb on any of the released GNR records, about as much as My World sticks out like a sore thumb.

And yes Axl was credited for both Coma and Locamotive, song credits for GNR material was based on a weighting scale where lyrics counted for a bigger percentage than the music. I'm not sure what the exact breakdown was, but there was a system.

There is nothing industrial or electronic about "The Blues", "I.R.S", "Catcher In The Rye" or "Madagascar".? Just because a song has a drum loop or synthesizer in it, that does not make it industrial.? Even "Better" is not industrial.? It's driven by a great beat and Robin's guitar melody and Axl's vocal melodies.? I don't know what rumor you are referring to about CITR not being on the record.? Unless you have something substantial behind that, like a source, please don't regurgitate stuff like that.? That's how baseless rumors spin out of control and are given more credit than they deserve.? Look at what happened with Eddie Trunk recently.

Lyrics and melodies were each 25% of the songwriting credits according the system devised by Slash:? During pre-production for Appetite, Axl said, "Slash devised a system of figuring out who wrote what parts of a song or part of a song. There were four categories, I believe. There was lyrics, melody, music - meaning guitars, bass and drums - and accompaniment and arrangement. And we split each one of those into twenty-five percent. When we had finished, I had forty-one percent, and other people had different amounts."

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=32

Ali

That's interesting because Duff said Axl wrote very little of the music. He's probably lying but how do we know who's telling the truth? It's probably somewhere in the middle.

Now if you had told me Izzy had written 41% I might have believed it. According to HTGTH's breakdown, Axl has songwriting credits on 9 songs, Izzy has 10, including one which he wrote completely. I find it hard to believe his percentage is lower than Axl. And it would have to be by a lot, according to that system.

Actually looking at that system it could be correct but its clearly biased in Axl's favour. Music is only 25%. Wtf? Lyrics and melodies combined are half the credits, which seems a bit high. As lyrics and melodis are half the whole thing its logical Axl would get most of the credit.

So Izzy, Slash and Duff could write and arrange the music for a full songs, solos, riffs, basslines, chords, etc. Axl comes in and does the lyrics and melodis, the frontman's job and he gets half the credits. Seems logically biased towards the frontman. Now, Slash may have devised it but that doesn't make it accurate.

estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #286 on: August 14, 2007, 07:55:36 PM »

Slash didn't write ANY guitar part right? You know this stuff. I didn't say he wrote the song i said GUITAR parts

If he was a part of the writing process, he would be a credited writer on the song

The credited writers are the people who write the music and the lyrics.? In the case of Patience, Izzy wrote both the music and the lyrics.? If Slash wrote parts for the song then Izzy wouldn't be the lone credited writer now would he?

Eh you're wrong, GnR lies says all songs were written by GnR except Mama Kin and Nice Boys. Its only HTGTH that credits Stradlin as the lone songwriter.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #287 on: August 14, 2007, 07:56:18 PM »

This is done.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: