Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 04:46:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Fantasy Football 2007
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fantasy Football 2007  (Read 25247 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2007, 10:15:55 PM »

I get off Monday at 7pm eastern

Tuesday I dont get off work till almost 10pm.........

Monday night would be excellent.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2007, 12:49:26 PM »

Tuesday night sounds good too.? I saw that the date is now Tuesday...but can we go just a little earlier than 10:30?? 9:30 or 10?? Just curious, it's no big deal.?

Team Jessica Alba is ready to rock.? ?beer
She is so f'ing hot!? drool
Unfortunately that was the earliest time on Tuesday night.  There's nothing available on Monday anymore, and the only remaining time slots are during the days on Tues. and Wed.  You could always just pre-rank your players if you can't make it or have to leave early, I realize it's kind of late.  And I'm in a couple leagues already myself, but this should be fun.  We need some more players though, I'd like to have at least 10.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2007, 02:51:38 PM »

Tuesday night sounds good too.? I saw that the date is now Tuesday...but can we go just a little earlier than 10:30?? 9:30 or 10?? Just curious, it's no big deal.?

Unfortunately that was the earliest time on Tuesday night.? There's nothing available on Monday anymore, and the only remaining time slots are during the days on Tues. and Wed.? You could always just pre-rank your players if you can't make it or have to leave early, I realize it's kind of late.? And I'm in a couple leagues already myself, but this should be fun.? We need some more players though, I'd like to have at least 10.

i'll be on there tuesday night at 10:30. is there a link for the draft room? i didn't see it on the site.

hopefully everyone makes their picks fast and we can roll through this quickly. i'm gonna pre-rank my players, draft live for the first few rounds (hopefully most of the draft), but if i have to hit the sack, just let yahoo pick automoatically for my last few players.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2007, 04:42:28 PM »

Unfortunately that was the earliest time on Tuesday night.? There's nothing available on Monday anymore, and the only remaining time slots are during the days on Tues. and Wed.? You could always just pre-rank your players if you can't make it or have to leave early, I realize it's kind of late.? And I'm in a couple leagues already myself, but this should be fun.? We need some more players though, I'd like to have at least 10.

i'll be on there tuesday night at 10:30. is there a link for the draft room? i didn't see it on the site.

hopefully everyone makes their picks fast and we can roll through this quickly. i'm gonna pre-rank my players, draft live for the first few rounds (hopefully most of the draft), but if i have to hit the sack, just let yahoo pick automoatically for my last few players.
I don't think you can enter the draft room until an hour before the draft or so.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2007, 09:21:07 PM »

I'm there.  See ya'll tomorrow night...how does Yahoo determine draft order...there's this one running back I'd love to grab at #1.  I think he plays for the Chargers.  hihi

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2007, 11:51:50 PM »

10:30 would be excellent.

I swear I got a feeling that this is the year LT gets injured.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2007, 01:19:21 AM »

I'm there.? See ya'll tomorrow night...how does Yahoo determine draft order...there's this one running back I'd love to grab at #1.? I think he plays for the Chargers.? hihi
It's a random draft order determined about an hour before the draft.  We still need some more teams so everyone's squad isn't so stacked.

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2007, 12:43:20 PM »

Timanator is going to whip some Candy ass...

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2007, 02:43:08 PM »

you wish timinator could whip Jessica Alba's ass!  Hell, I wish I could whip Jessica Alba's ass.   hihi

see you folks later tonight!  hopefully we'll get some more folks in on it.   beer

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2007, 02:49:20 PM »

you wish timinator could whip Jessica Alba's ass!? Hell, I wish I could whip Jessica Alba's ass.? ?hihi

see you folks later tonight!? hopefully we'll get some more folks in on it.? ?beer

Draft is tomorrow night, not tonight.  We've got 8 so far, I'd like at least 10.  If we stay with 8 I'm thinking of adding a RB and a WR to the roster just to even things out a little.  But we've got one day left for people to sign up.  I did my best on mass e-mailing and PM's.  Hopefully we get more responses.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2007, 06:25:46 PM »

My bad Faldor, sorry.  See ya'll Tuesday night.   peace  Labor Day weekend...I sometimes lose track of days on vacation.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2007, 11:22:45 PM »

As i'm already in 3 leagues this year, I don't really want to do another. If I did it i know i would probably just forget about it and ignore it and I really hate it when people join fantasy and don't participate at all.

That being said, I willl be near a computer most of tomorrow so if you end up with an odd number, like 9 people, I'll be the 10th to make it even cuz yahoo won't let you draft unless even, but I would perfer not to do a fourth league.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2007, 11:36:59 PM »

^That's cool.  I have a feeling this isn't a primary league for those participating.  That said, it's something fun to pass the time between now and whenever the hell Chinese Democracy is finally released!  yes

P.S. I remember doing a yahoo league with a couple of friends who are not in my established league...the only problem I had with the league was the insane emphasis put on kick returners/punt returners.  The a-hole who set up the league made the scoring system one in which a guy like Wes Welker scored as many points on average as a stud wide receiver.

P.S. 2:  In the league where I'm the commish (12 team league in its 10th season) I'm feeling stressed.  I've got 2 old gimps who are questionable at wide receiver, Holt and R. Moss.  I should probably go with the safety of a healthy Andre Johnson and roll the dice with Holt.  It looks like it will be a game-time decision for me.  Damn, something tells me Bellichik has something up his sleeve...I can totally see him resting Moss all this time knowing he can do some amazing shit come opening day and in the regular season.  Bellichik's always lying about his players' injuries. 

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2007, 11:50:28 PM »

^That's cool.? I have a feeling this isn't a primary league for those participating.? That said, it's something fun to pass the time between now and whenever the hell Chinese Democracy is finally released!? yes

P.S. I remember doing a yahoo league with a couple of friends who are not in my established league...the only problem I had with the league was the insane emphasis put on kick returners/punt returners.? The a-hole who set up the league made the scoring system one in which a guy like Wes Welker scored as many points on average as a stud wide receiver.

P.S. 2:? In the league where I'm the commish (12 team league in its 10th season) I'm feeling stressed.? I've got 2 old gimps who are questionable at wide receiver, Holt and R. Moss.? I should probably go with the safety of a healthy Andre Johnson and roll the dice with Holt.? It looks like it will be a game-time decision for me.? Damn, something tells me Bellichik has something up his sleeve...I can totally see him resting Moss all this time knowing he can do some amazing shit come opening day and in the regular season.? Bellichik's always lying about his players' injuries.?
Yeah I'm in 3 leagues already, this'll be my fourth.  Every year I say I'm only gonna do 2 leagues (both money leagues that I've done in the past) but I somehow always end up doing at least 4.  It gets crazy having guys on some teams and going against those same guys in other leagues, but 2 leagues are just for bragging rights so I can survive. 

As for your two leagues, I was in a league for a couple years that emphasized kick returners and you're right about Welker, he got more points than a lot of #1 WR's, too crazy for me.  The league also had individual defensive players, and I'm talking a whole starting roster.  Too much for me.  After the first couple years they decided to make it a keeper league, but let you keep a full starting offense and defense.  It just got too ridiculous for me, I exited stage left.

And as for Holt/Moss.  All I keep hearing about Holt is he's only 80%, moved him down on my list.  I'm a Pats fan (but that doesn't mean I know anything more about Moss' status as Belichick obviously doesn't let information on injuries known.)  Obviously he hasn't played in any live game action yet, he did return to practice today though.  I'd expect him to play Sunday but can't say how much.  I doubt he'd play as much as the other WR's who've been out there for the pre-season, but again you never know with BB.

gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2007, 03:23:39 AM »

I've joined the league (team name: Estranged Eagles). I'm already in way too many leagues this year (12, actually . . . LOL . . . Don't worry, though, I'll be active . . .) Anyways, my friends and I are also doing a draft tonight at 9:15, so I don't know how long that will last. It's possible I could miss the first couple of rounds of our draft, but I'll try to make it on time. Anyways, I look forward to playing with you guys!!!!

Here Today . . .
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2007, 07:51:05 AM »

Cool Gilee.  I like the team name too, very cool.  Good luck in all your drafts.  peace

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2007, 08:00:21 AM »

We've got 9 right now, as High_Times said before, we need an even number in order to draft so we need at least 1 more, if not 3.  Everyone check out the updated settings?  Any questions, suggestions, problems?

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2007, 07:46:31 PM »

Okay we've got 10 now with less than 3 hours to go till draft time, so if anyone else wants to sign up make sure you have friend ready to sign up right after you.  10's a good number though, we can deal with 10.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2007, 11:59:43 PM »

That was fun...god my team sucks!  Thanks to Faldor for doing the work to set up the site.  beer

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2007, 12:09:26 AM »

don't feel bad my team sucks pretty hard .....though not as hard as D does...

Thanks and props out to Faldor.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: