Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 11:43:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Fantasy Football 2007
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fantasy Football 2007  (Read 25569 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2007, 06:59:24 AM »

Thanks to all for joining and participating in the draft, too bad you couldn't make it D.  Seems to be an ongoing trend, I think my team sucks too.  I had dreams, er nightmares about it.  You never know though.  Let the games begin on Thursday.  There must be some problems with Yahoo, the teams still aren't set.  My stats for my baseball team haven't popped up yet this morning.  Hopefully they'll fix that by the end of the day so we can set our lineups for opening night tomorrow.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2007, 07:45:45 AM »

Yeah, I was wondering what the deal was. I still can't see my roster. It acts like the draft is still taking place. Hopefully Yahoo will get it worked out soon, though. I was kinda distracted last night during the draft, so I wasn't able to chat with you guys. From who I remember picking, I believe I have a pretty solid team.

Here Today . . .
sandman
Legend

« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2007, 11:36:02 AM »

i like my team, but don't love it.

once the rosters are up, we should all list the team that we think is the strongest (excluding your own).

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
gilee7
VIP

« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2007, 10:08:07 PM »

It's difficult to say who has the best team. I think it's going to be a pretty competitive league. There's a lot of balance among the teams.

Let's see . . . ignoring my own team, I really like Mr. Brownstone. He has a great group of WRs, and I like the combo of Maroney and Parker at RB.

Team D is formidable just because he has Peyton Manning. If Portis can stay on the field, I think he'll have a pretty good team.

Team West Allis is going to be tough, mainly because his team is so well-balanced.

Hansen's Kitchen is a pretty good team. Not great, but good.

And, if L.T. even comes close to duplicating last year's number, Silvertide will also be tough to beat. I just don't think he has a lot of depth.

LOL, I named half the league there. But, like I said, it's impossible for me to pick who has the overall best team. If I had to pick, though, I'd say it's between Mr. Brownstone and Team West Allis, with Silvertide close behind.

(But, of course, I'm the best!! LOL.)

Here Today . . .
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2007, 12:33:32 AM »

I had a LONG day at work today and really haven't had a chance to evaluate all the teams, so I'll just make a quick comment on my own team.  I like my group of WR's and RB's for the most part, though really don't think I have any top flight guys at either position (I'm talking top 5 at the position or so).  Good second and third tier guys though.  I'm worried about my QB's though.  2 young, unproven guys in Romo and Cutler.  Who knows with those guys, I may have to start whoever has the best matchup which isn't the best method.  Much easier to just throw Manning, Brady, Brees, Palmer out there every week minus the bye week.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2007, 07:21:19 AM »

I think M.I.A. has a real solid squad.  WR's are all good and if Brandon Jacobs and Marshawn Lynch can be productive, that'll be a nice tandem to go with Steven Jackson.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2007, 09:37:08 AM »

everyone's roster looks good with some questions marks that could make it average or great.

right now i'd say Silvertide's looks the best. serious difference makers at every position - brees, LT, s. smith, davis, vinatieri.

Mr. brownstone and MIA look good as well.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2007, 08:05:27 PM »

Jessica Alba sure looked good in week one.   Smiley

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2007, 08:55:31 PM »

I feel like shit for missing the draft. If I win I dont feel good cause i didnt draft it and when my team sucks, Im pissed cause I didnt draft it.

Oh well, Im gonna do the best with what I got.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2007, 06:50:34 PM »

I feel like shit for missing the draft. If I win I dont feel good cause i didnt draft it and when my team sucks, Im pissed cause I didnt draft it.

Oh well, Im gonna do the best with what I got.
I hear you.  The draft is only one part of it, though a big one.  Still, you could give the best team ever assembled to someone who doesn't pay close attention and they could still do terrible.  Post draft acquisitions, deciding who to start/sit each week, that's what's important now.  Few championships are won on draft day, so there's still plenty to do.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2007, 06:41:34 PM »

in my non-HTGTH league, i squeaked out a win this week to get to 1-1. i needed 7.8 points from cooley, and he gave me 8.5 points due to that crazy TD play before the half ended. and he dropped a few balls early on too.

ronnie brown is killing me. bad pick that's gonna haunt me all season. although if it wasn't him it would have been MJD, who hasn't done much either.   

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2007, 10:46:25 PM »

in my non-HTGTH league, i squeaked out a win this week to get to 1-1. i needed 7.8 points from cooley, and he gave me 8.5 points due to that crazy TD play before the half ended. and he dropped a few balls early on too.

ronnie brown is killing me. bad pick that's gonna haunt me all season. although if it wasn't him it would have been MJD, who hasn't done much either.? ?
Same here, sort of.  I needed 7 points from Cooley and the Philly D, I got 11+ so I got a narrow victory.  Two straight weeks its come down to the Monday nighter for me, 2 for 2 so far. (Non HTGTH league that is).  I actually contemplated picking Ronnie Brown in the 2nd round (#14 overall or so).  Luckily I chose Travis Henry instead.  Brown and the Dolphins are terrible.  Jesse Chatman splits time with Brown now, might as well give him some more reps.  Brown's been a huge disappointment so far in his career.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2007, 07:18:02 PM »

I'm considering changing my team's name from Jessica Alba.  I have seen her interviewed on Letterman and Leno and oh my is this chick empty.  If her ass wasn't so unbelievably amazing, my team would have a new name.   Grin

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2007, 09:32:59 AM »

I'm considering changing my team's name from Jessica Alba.? I have seen her interviewed on Letterman and Leno and oh my is this chick empty.? If her ass wasn't so unbelievably amazing, my team would have a new name.? ?Grin
Maybe you should change it to Jessica Alba's Ass

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2007, 10:52:22 AM »

I wanted to keep it a family friendly name...but if the losses mount up, it may have to be changed.  Nice idea.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
sandman
Legend

« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2007, 01:59:07 PM »

i was at the Birds game yesterday so i was able to watch my WRs (williams and curtis) put up huge weeks. that was exciting. alot of big performances this week. ronnie brown finally came through....luckily i stuck with him for one more week in my other league.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2007, 11:33:31 PM »

D, sorry about handin' you a big L.  As a Vikings fan, I'm lovin' watching Adrian Peterson.  Team Jessica Alba is lookin' as fine as her a$$!!!!   Smiley

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2007, 08:10:04 PM »

Damn, I've got Maroney in my lineup in one of my other leagues and he's not playing tonight.  I thought I could pick up a replacement in time for the game today but I guess I was wrong, it wouldn't have been reflected till week 5.  Not like I had much of a shot, I'm down 33 points so I would've needed 150 yards and 3 TD's.  But I did have Sammy Morris earlier this week until I dropped him for some shitty WR (Roddy White) that I'll hopefully never have to use.  BAD move by me, again not that Sammy would've gotten me 33 points but just the same.

gilee7
VIP

« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2007, 01:54:29 PM »

Still undefeated in the HTGTH league!!!! Woohoo!

Here Today . . .
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2007, 06:35:49 PM »

^Jessica Alba's still lurking...just a game behind...umm, I mean great behind.  Wink

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: