Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 11:54:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228015 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Fantasy Football 2007
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fantasy Football 2007  (Read 25343 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #80 on: December 18, 2007, 12:00:45 AM »

Just want u guys to know, that next season I am not missing the draft and I will win or at least get to the finals.

I am in two other leagues, I am in the finals next week and the semi finals next week.

I didn't draft my team for our league and I got stuck with a shitty team.

That won't happen when I draft.
That's a bold prediction.  We're gonna hold you to that.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #81 on: December 18, 2007, 01:24:28 PM »

I'm in three leauges this year. And lost in the first round play-offs in two of them and the second round after my bye week in the other one. For 9th straight year I have made the play-offs and have not made it to a championship game. I am the marty schottenheimer of fantasy football.  Cry  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #82 on: December 18, 2007, 05:21:27 PM »

Couldn't ya'll see it coming?  Jessica Alba is unstoppable!!!  That face, that body...to think you ya had a chance.   Grin

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #83 on: December 18, 2007, 07:33:11 PM »

MY TEAM IS IN THE SUPERBOWL!!!!!

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #84 on: December 18, 2007, 07:49:07 PM »

^ in the Here Today Gone to Hell league?

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
sandman
Legend

« Reply #85 on: December 18, 2007, 09:07:54 PM »

i haven't had time to keep up with the HTGTH league. and i apologize. it's tough enough to keep up with one league (which i pay a pretty hefty fee to participate).

in my other league, i finished 2nd with the most total points overall. i lost this weekend in the semi's - had my worst week of the season. Brady carried me all year and of course a blizzard moves through new england. we have a 3rd place game this weekend so i'm hoping to win a little more money.

our SB is the 6th seed vs. the 5th seed. and the 6th seed might be the worst fantast team of all time to make a SB.  hihi he's started redman and rosenfels in his 2 playoff games, along with
RB: Gado, chester taylor
WR: Henry, Engram, Walter

talk about being lucky.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #86 on: December 23, 2007, 01:15:40 PM »

Jessica Alba's looking to take Here Today Gone to Hell's Championship today!  A champion's never looked better.  Smiley

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #87 on: December 25, 2007, 10:48:47 AM »

Here Today Gone to Hell has a new official Fantasy Football Champion...Axl4Prez2004 conquers all!!!!   yes

Headline reads:

JESSICA ALBA TAKES IT IN THE END!!!!!!  (OH YEEEAH!!!!!!!!)     hihi

better luck next year folks.  Smiley

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #88 on: December 25, 2007, 09:10:56 PM »

Congrats Jessica Alba, thanks to everyone who participated.  Not bad for such last minute planning.  Maybe we can expand a bit next year.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #89 on: December 30, 2007, 05:29:17 AM »

No, I didn't know HTGTH had one.  Pretty cool.  I'll have to try next year.

The league I'm in is about 10 years old, same core group of guys every year.  This is my first championship ever. I was the last seed, barely snuck into the playoffs.  I toppled the guy who had tom brady as QB.

best pick up was Roddy White - dude always put up sick numbers.  normally i rely on unreal pick ups to dominate, but this year it was just a solid draft.  I could have had total domination if i drafted Moss, I took TO instead (not a bad move on my part, but I think Moss put up bigger numbers.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #90 on: December 30, 2007, 09:51:52 AM »

No, I didn't know HTGTH had one.? Pretty cool.? I'll have to try next year.

The league I'm in is about 10 years old, same core group of guys every year.? This is my first championship ever. I was the last seed, barely snuck into the playoffs.? I toppled the guy who had tom brady as QB.

best pick up was Roddy White - dude always put up sick numbers.? normally i rely on unreal pick ups to dominate, but this year it was just a solid draft.? I could have had total domination if i drafted Moss, I took TO instead (not a bad move on my part, but I think Moss put up bigger numbers.

Congrats Butters!  My league is also in its 10th season.  12 team dynasty league with all but one of the original members.  I'm the commish and I run a tight league with no bullshit.  I won Super Bowl I, lost Super Bowls 2, 3, and 8.  I won Regular Season Championships in Years 2, 3, 6, and this season, 10.  One of the cool aspects of my league is that a #1 seed (regular season champ) has never won our Super Bowl.  That spreads the prize money around a little better.  Why does that happen?  Probably because we use Week 17 as our Super Bowl.  Week 17 is a crazy week. 

peace

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #91 on: December 30, 2007, 12:11:04 PM »

No, I didn't know HTGTH had one.? Pretty cool.? I'll have to try next year.

The league I'm in is about 10 years old, same core group of guys every year.? This is my first championship ever. I was the last seed, barely snuck into the playoffs.? I toppled the guy who had tom brady as QB.

best pick up was Roddy White - dude always put up sick numbers.? normally i rely on unreal pick ups to dominate, but this year it was just a solid draft.? I could have had total domination if i drafted Moss, I took TO instead (not a bad move on my part, but I think Moss put up bigger numbers.

Congrats Butters!? My league is also in its 10th season.? 12 team dynasty league with all but one of the original members.? I'm the commish and I run a tight league with no bullshit.? I won Super Bowl I, lost Super Bowls 2, 3, and 8.? I won Regular Season Championships in Years 2, 3, 6, and this season, 10.? One of the cool aspects of my league is that a #1 seed (regular season champ) has never won our Super Bowl.? That spreads the prize money around a little better.? Why does that happen?? Probably because we use Week 17 as our Super Bowl.? Week 17 is a crazy week.?

peace
I thought I was in the only league in America that still uses week 17 as the Super Bowl.  I stand corrected.  Yeah week 17 is crazy, should be banned from fantasy football.  I think our league is making the change next season.  My league also doesn't have waivers.  Another crazy thing.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #92 on: December 30, 2007, 01:01:55 PM »

Faldor, my league's system might make ya jizz in your pants it's so cool.  I won't bore you with details unless you ask.

Week 17, like I said is great.  It adds unpredictability into the mix.  As long as you are rewarding teams adequately for regular season accomplishments too, you're golden.

btw, waivers are great if you do them the right way.  1st come 1st serve is bullshit.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #93 on: December 30, 2007, 01:11:42 PM »

Yeah I don't really like using week 17, leaves too much to chance.  How's the payout structure in your league?  Mine is a 12 team league, $200 per team.  Regular season AND Playoffs 1st place get $800, 2nd for both get $400.  I personally think the regular season should get more than playoffs because it's more impressive to do well over the course of a season than just 3 weeks.  BUT with that being said, most sites consider how you finish in the playoffs as you're final standing.  I finished the regular season in 2nd, but lost in the playoffs and then in the consolation, so this week I'm fighting for 7th place.  So my 10-4 regular season team can do no better than finish 7th.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #94 on: December 30, 2007, 02:34:13 PM »

My league uses a 3 division (geographically aligned by West, Central, and East) 12 team alignment.  We aren't as big a money league as yours, but it's taken pretty seriously.  The base league entry fee is $60 plus 50 cents for each add/drop the team performed the previuous season. 

We use an auction format for our draft.  Each team is alotted a salary cap of $100 to spend on their 18 player roster.  You can get any player you want if you are willing to spend the dough.  We transitioned to the dynasty style in Year 8.  It's been awesome.  More on that later.

You'd have done better in my league most likely.  Your record probably would have given you a 1st place finish in your division.  Ya see, with a 12 team league, it works out to be a perfectly balance schedule.  You play each of your 3 division rivals twice, and all other 8 teams once.  If you win your division, it's a $70 prize.  So, 3 teams get that.  Then, there's a smaller Wildcard prize for the best record that didn't win a division because usually, they have a better record than the worst division winner.  $25 to the Wildcard winner. 

The playoffs pit 1-8 and 4-5.  Also 2-7 and 3-6.  The top 3 seeds are the division winners and the 4 seed is the wildcard winner.

1st round playoff wins get ya $20.  2nd round $35, and if you win the Super Bowl in week 17, $180. 

Now, the dynasty portion of the league is my favorite part.  add/drop transactions are done by blind bidding.  On Tuesday night at 10:00pm, all blind bids are due.  You actually have to pay the player you drop for his service to your team before you use the left over money under the cap to pay the player you pick up.  When you put in a bid for an available player, you can also offer that player a multi-year deal.  The highest total value offer wins the player.  Now, if you at some point terminate that player's contract early, you are penalized with a penalty on your salary cap in the years the player is signed for.  5 years is the longest allowed contract and there is also a stud penalty tax.  Let's say you're like me this year and got Adrian Peterson for $9 and signed him to a 5 year deal.  If a player finishes in the top 5 at his position, his whole contract is immediately bumped up to the average of the top 5 performers' salaries. 

It all sounds complicated, but it's a little more realistic.  It makes owners think a little more.  Cool stuff.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #95 on: December 30, 2007, 05:37:59 PM »

Yeah that does sound cool.  I like a league to have some meaning from year to year, especially if you have the same members consistently.  I've been pushing for a keeper league for years but always get denied.  So how many guys can you keep?  Is there a limit on that?  I played in a league one year with blind bids on free agents.  That was a nice little wrinkle.  I also like the giving money for each playoff win, spread the wealth.  The people in my league seem to like the all or nothing factor though.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #96 on: December 30, 2007, 06:00:59 PM »

Yeah that does sound cool.? I like a league to have some meaning from year to year, especially if you have the same members consistently.? I've been pushing for a keeper league for years but always get denied.? So how many guys can you keep??

as many as you can afford.  but, here's the kicker, not only is there a stud tax that bumps up the salary of a premier player if he's being underpaid, ALL multi-year contracts increase by 20% per season (rounded up to the nearest whole number)  Not only that, by year 4, if the # isn't up to $11, it is automatically bumped up to $11.  Year 5 as well.  If the player isn't past $21 by year 5, it's automatically bumped up to $21.

Is there a limit on that?? I played in a league one year with blind bids on free agents.? That was a nice little wrinkle.? I also like the giving money for each playoff win, spread the wealth.? The people in my league seem to like the all or nothing factor though.

the continuity factor is very cool.  from about year 3 or 4 we had a rule that every team could keep 1 player at the end of theseason, but if they kept that player, he'd be the team's automatic 1st round draft pick.  For years 1-7, we did the classic serpentine draft.  That kind of broke the league easily into transitioning to a dynasty league.  The key so far to the dynasty league has been establishing rules preventing utter and complete domination.  I think I've been able to do that.  I highly recommend an auction draft.  It is very cool.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #97 on: December 30, 2007, 07:30:29 PM »

no waivers is kinda dumb, but week 17 as the superbowl is just pure insanity.  i would hate that league  hihi

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #98 on: December 30, 2007, 08:22:36 PM »

In my league's Super Bowl this week, one team is down 68 to 52.  The team that's losing has Lendale White and Rob Bironas left.  In my league's scoring system, White and Bironas for the season have averaged a combined 20.1 points.  Since it's must-win, the odds are, we'll have a come-from-behind Super Bowl winner.  Pretty cool stuff. 

A Week 17 championship league means beware of drafting the stars on teams that can clinch playoff spots early.  That's all.  To me, the week 16 endings can be a little too predictable.  Just look at Jessica Alba this year in HTGTH's league!!!  Ya just knew she's take it in the end!!!  Good ol' Jessica.  drool

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
sandman
Legend

« Reply #99 on: January 03, 2008, 10:56:55 AM »

anyone doing a playoff league?

my draft is tonight. i think this is our 5th year doing it. we have a core group of 5 owners that do it every year, and we always manage to find a random 6th owner.

ranking players for this draft is tough.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: