Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 02:43:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Kanye West or 50 Cent? Kanye debuts at #1
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Kanye West or 50 Cent? Kanye debuts at #1  (Read 12096 times)
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2007, 12:43:00 PM »

I don't really care for either, but my vote goes to FIFTHY CENTS.

Fucking "In Da Club," maaaaan.? Really annoying.

He's even doing commercials for Vitamin Water.

PRETTY DANGEROUS YO!? Bust a cap in the tuba player's ass, homeskillet!

In Da Club was not a good song, but the Vitamin Water commerical made me laugh.
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2007, 01:10:46 PM »

YO! I'VE BEEN SHOT 12 TIMES! YO!

Easily 50 Cent. But I'm not a fan of Kanye either.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
novrain91
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2007, 01:42:07 AM »

Kanye West is a F'ING Douche Bag.  I seriously wonder how anyone likes him?Huh The guy is a lil pussy who bitches about everything.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2007, 01:48:06 AM »

LAS VEGAS - Sour grapes from Kanye West ? again. Shut out at the Video Music Awards, Kanye West threw a tantrum Sunday night in front of media and crew backstage as the MTV show was ending.

West, waiting for an elevator in a crowded hallway, began yelling about losing all five categories for which he was nominated.

"That's two years in a row, man ... give a black man a chance," West said, stomping around his entourage and directing his comments at a reporter. "I'm trying hard man, I have the ... number one record, man."

West said he never will return to MTV.

The rapper was nomination for five awards, including male artist of the year. This is the latest in a series of awards show outburst for West. Last year, he crashed the stage at the MTV Europe Awards after not winning for best video.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2007, 02:01:37 AM »

LAS VEGAS - Sour grapes from Kanye West ? again. Shut out at the Video Music Awards, Kanye West threw a tantrum Sunday night in front of media and crew backstage as the MTV show was ending.

West, waiting for an elevator in a crowded hallway, began yelling about losing all five categories for which he was nominated.

"That's two years in a row, man ... give a black man a chance," West said, stomping around his entourage and directing his comments at a reporter. "I'm trying hard man, I have the ... number one record, man."

The rapper was nomination for five awards, including male artist of the year. This is the latest in a series of awards show outburst for West. Last year, he crashed the stage at the MTV Europe Awards after not winning for best video.

In a strange way, I like th at about Kanye West.

If nothing else the guy is real, He isnt gonna be PC just for his career. He is gonna be who he is.

He has a new song on his album coming out tuesday called "Good Life" and it is fucking Awesome!

I am gonna pick up the album just for it.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GeraldFord
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2007, 05:15:34 AM »

STFU, Little bitch.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2007, 06:24:42 AM »

What a little pussy cry baby. I didn't win any moon man statue that mean nothing wah wah. He needs to shut the fuck up.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2007, 10:03:59 AM »

Dude if you think Kanye is going to quit MTV, you're crazy.  He'll be on TRL next Tuesday throwing down with the 13 year old girls as they play his new video. 

The guy is a whiny bitch.  Come on....give a black man a chance?  Jay-Z never had any problem winning multiple shitty mtv awards.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2007, 12:41:35 AM »

I love how people decide how much they like a person not on his music, but on what he does in life.. At least Kanye West is real and says what he wants

Honestly..he should have won those awards...he was up against guys like Justin Timberlake...and i know you guys don't like Kanye West, but you have to admit, he's definitely better than him...
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2007, 09:31:42 AM »

In a strange way, I like th at about Kanye West.

If nothing else the guy is real, He isnt gonna be PC just for his career. He is gonna be who he is.

He has a new song on his album coming out tuesday called "Good Life" and it is fucking Awesome!

I am gonna pick up the album just for it.

I pretty much agree with this... Kanye is the same person he was before he hit it big.  I like how he knows that sometimes his arrogance can take over, he admits his faults, but also questions if it's possible for him to better himself.

He works his ass off too... whether it's his motivation to win awards or prove his 'haters' wrong, he puts everything he has into his music (which can't be said about almost every other popular artist).  The guy doesn't shy away from hooks, either (Good Life).   ok
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2007, 04:51:34 PM »

GO WEST YOUNG MAN? ?

Kanye?s Opening Week of 800k+ Will Be Biggest in Two Years, 50 Cent at 600k, Kenny Chesney 450k

September 12, 2007

School may have just started, but Kanye West?s Graduation has come just in time for the beleaguered music biz.
Following one of the worst weeks in the history of album sales comes one of the liveliest, and boy was it needed.

Thanks to a record-shattering first day at iTunes and traditional retail (where it reportedly sold more than 435k), IDJ artist West will debut at #1 on next Tuesday?s HITS Top 50 Album Chart, easily surpassing 800k in sales.

That would more than top Linkin Park?s previous one-week high of 625k set in May and Rascal Flatts? 2006 high of 722k. In fact, it would be the biggest sales debut since West?s last album Late Registration bowed in August 2005 with 860k.

Shady/Aftermath/Interscope rapper 50 Cent, who has loudly declared he?d retire if West?s album sold more than his, better start boning up on his golf game, because Curtis will land at #2 with a still-impressive 600k, plus or minus.

So, from what I gather... Kanye West has the biggest debut week sales since Kanye West?? It also looks like this might be his third straight album being labelled as "Universal Acclaim" by the critics (according to Metacritic).

I suppose this is why you hear so much trash being talked about him lately.... He's like the Kobe Bryant of the music biz.? ?hihi
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2007, 04:59:15 PM »

I saw 50 on TV last night.  He pulled out a wad of money.  And a bottle of Vitamin Water.  (I kid you not.)

He's so tacky.

Go Kanye!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2007, 05:02:50 PM »

says somrthing when the music industry needs shitty rap artists to boost its sales.

html sucks
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2007, 07:22:57 PM »

ccause it either rap or pop on the charts  hihi
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2007, 07:51:57 PM »

both equally the same i hope they both die Angry

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2007, 11:54:03 AM »

says somrthing when the music industry needs shitty rap artists to boost its sales.

Well, I guess the industry just got tired of waiting for this Chinese Democracy album that's going to "save music".

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2007, 01:38:39 PM »

Well, I guess the industry just got tired of waiting for this Chinese Democracy album that's going to "save music".

lol the music industry isnt in dire need for CD.

just more good quality rock bands that have good singers, balls, and play the guitar good again.

html sucks
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2007, 06:05:30 PM »

I bought Kanye's album and its pretty good.

I got 50 Cent's Single Ayo Technology and I also really like it.

Im gonna buy 50 Cent's album tomorrow.

I think this kind of proves that good music still sells well and maybe its shitty music to blame for poor sales and not internet, downloads etc.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2007, 06:07:17 PM »

I bought Kanye's album and its pretty good.

I got 50 Cent's Single Ayo Technology and I also really like it.

Im gonna buy 50 Cent's album tomorrow.

I think this kind of proves that good music still sells well and maybe its shitty music to blame for poor sales and not internet, downloads etc.

these are commericial artists, over hyped and shoved down the publics throats to death.

50 cent has albums, games and movies based on him, its no surprise.

im surprised you can like such crappy artists compared to the better artists you like?

html sucks
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2007, 07:32:23 PM »

rap is "shoved down people's throats" just as much as rock music is.  its not arguable either, mtv and rock radio shoves rock artists like paramore etc down our throats all the time.  if you listen to kanye west's music you'll see amazing, emotional music.  but none of you take my statements seriously, so whatever.

i'm not sure if you know how much work he puts into his albums.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: