Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 11:06:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Jena 6
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Jena 6  (Read 10184 times)
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2007, 11:52:56 PM »

White kids did nothing illegal , the black kids should be punished according to what they did. I dont see the big deal , ok the white kids hung nooses and antagonized them , it worked says a lot.

Hang a few nooses from your front yard and let us know what happens  hihi

I am not condoning the retaliation that ensued, but it was provoked. Not a smart move.

Ok it was provoked , therefore they deserve no punishment?! Whats wrong with antagonized minorities with nooses? A lot , whats illegal about it? nothing. Is it right to beat up people too?
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2007, 11:57:57 PM »

Both sides are wrong, but I can't blame someone for responding to what is, essentially, an implied death threat (the nooses).  Of course, beating up some kid who had nothing to do with it was stupid and wrong.  The black students deserve to be punished, though the "attempted murder" charges they tried to lay on them were ridiculous.  It's a bad situation that was allowed to spiral out of control. 

as i read more about this story i would say this post is dead on.  the charges against the "6" are way over the top apparently.  the fact that the noose hangers were only suspended is a total joke.  thats a hate crime if you ask me.  so you have charges that aren't enough and charges that are too much.  I still don't think violence is the answer, but the charges do seem excessive.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2007, 12:33:49 AM »

But in reality, this whole thing could have been solved by tasering every single person involved with this case.  White and black.  The taser is color blind.

"dont taser me bro! dont taser me!"

hihi I couldnt resist
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2007, 12:40:51 AM »

Both sides are wrong, but I can't blame someone for responding to what is, essentially, an implied death threat (the nooses).  Of course, beating up some kid who had nothing to do with it was stupid and wrong.  The black students deserve to be punished, though the "attempted murder" charges they tried to lay on them were ridiculous.  It's a bad situation that was allowed to spiral out of control. 

as i read more about this story i would say this post is dead on.  the charges against the "6" are way over the top apparently.  the fact that the noose hangers were only suspended is a total joke.  thats a hate crime if you ask me.  so you have charges that aren't enough and charges that are too much.  I still don't think violence is the answer, but the charges do seem excessive.

How is it a hate crime no one was hurt? It's immoral but not illegal. The charges are over the top i do agree but people are over doing it and making it seem like these kids are innocent.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2007, 05:31:51 PM »

Both sides are wrong, but I can't blame someone for responding to what is, essentially, an implied death threat (the nooses).? Of course, beating up some kid who had nothing to do with it was stupid and wrong.? The black students deserve to be punished, though the "attempted murder" charges they tried to lay on them were ridiculous.? It's a bad situation that was allowed to spiral out of control.?

as i read more about this story i would say this post is dead on.? the charges against the "6" are way over the top apparently.? the fact that the noose hangers were only suspended is a total joke.? thats a hate crime if you ask me.? so you have charges that aren't enough and charges that are too much.? I still don't think violence is the answer, but the charges do seem excessive.

How is it a hate crime no one was hurt? It's immoral but not illegal.

A hate crime doesn't have to involve someone being physically injured.

Hanging a noose in front of a black person's residence is the exact same thing as spray-painting a swastika on a Jewish person's house.

It's a hate crime.

Welcome to the 21st century Wink

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2007, 05:54:19 PM »

Both sides are wrong, but I can't blame someone for responding to what is, essentially, an implied death threat (the nooses).? Of course, beating up some kid who had nothing to do with it was stupid and wrong.? The black students deserve to be punished, though the "attempted murder" charges they tried to lay on them were ridiculous.? It's a bad situation that was allowed to spiral out of control.?

as i read more about this story i would say this post is dead on.? the charges against the "6" are way over the top apparently.? the fact that the noose hangers were only suspended is a total joke.? thats a hate crime if you ask me.? so you have charges that aren't enough and charges that are too much.? I still don't think violence is the answer, but the charges do seem excessive.

Hanging a noose in front of a black person's residence is the exact same thing as spray-painting a swastika on a Jewish person's house.

It's a hate crime.

Not exactly, bigotry is an ideal, thought or expression. As revolting as bigots and the hate that they spew are, it is not illegal to express those views ... nor should it be. The two examples given are well known means of intimidation employed in an effort to get a family, or business, to leave the area ... that is criminal.

One plays a dangerous game when trying to define what should, or should not be allowed to be expressed. It is a common tactic of tyrants. There is a reason that those wise men made "freedom of expression" the first amendment to the Constitution 226 years ago.

Kids in New York have been harrassed by police for displaying the Southern Cross on their vehicles, and in Alexandria La., yesterday a teen was arrested for "inciting a riot" for having a "noose" on his truck. It seems like an easy action to endorse, but remember this, Hitler imprisoned teens for listening to "Big Band" music. The parrallels are not that divergent.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 05:57:06 PM by fuckin crazy » Logged

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2007, 07:56:43 PM »

It's a stupid occurance that will be made even worse with the help of the good Reverends mentioned above.

So who will take up the cause?  Sean Hannity?  Rudoplh Giuliani?
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2007, 02:25:24 AM »

Neo-Nazi Group Publishes Addresses and Phone Numbers of Jena Six Families

On the heels of Mychal Bell not receiving bail, the story of the Jena 6 continues to roil all sides.

Mychal Bell, the sole defendant who remains behind bars from the group of teens known as the "Jena 6," will not be released Friday, a court decided.

Bell, 17, has been in jail since his arrest more than nine months ago.

It was not immediately clear what happened in court Friday, where Bell's attorneys had planned to push for his release.

In what is not a surprising, but sad development, a white supremacist organization is being monitored by the FBI. William A. White is trying to stir up violence by posting addresses and phone numbers of the Jena 6 family on his web site, proclaiming: "Lynch the Jena 6." He operates out of Roanoke, Virginia:

William A. White also listed some of the defendants' telephone numbers, urging his readers to "Get in touch, and let them know justice is coming."

The review came as protesters gathered Thursday in Jena, the site of racial unrest since last summer. After a black student asked the school for permission to sit under a tree where white students traditionally gathered, three nooses were found hanging from the tree. Months later, the Jena Six were charged with beating a white student.

On his Web site, White complained of "agitators" who were demanding acquittals.

A posting Thursday afternoon that contained contact information for the six youths was headlined: "Addresses of Jena 6 N-----s; In case anyone wants to deliver justice."

In a second item, White was quoted as saying: "If these n------s are released or acquitted, we will find out where they live and make sure that white activists and white citizens in Louisiana know it ... in order to find someone willing to deliver justice."

The Southern Poverty Law Center has details on the other sites and groups fomenting violence in light of the march and search for justice in Jena. Take the bleatings at the neo-Nazi Vanguard News Network:

"I think a group of White men with AK rifles loaded with high capacity magazines should close in on the troop of howler monkeys from all sides and compress them into a tight group, and then White men in the buildings on both sides of the shitskinned hominids shall throw Molotov cocktails from above to cleanse the nigs by fire," wrote "NS Cat" on VNN. Another poster fantasized about a terrorist attack in Jena today: "Wouldn't that be sweet? Gosh darn, wouldn't that be sweet? Good LORD wouldn't THAT be SWeeeeEET? Boom, Boom, no more Coon! Well? A White man can dream can't he?"

As former White House press secretary Tony Snow said on an October 2003 edition of Fox News Sunday

"Here's the unmentionable secret: Racism isn't that big a deal any more. No sensible person supports it. Nobody of importance preaches it. It's rapidly becoming an ugly memory."

If anyone lives in central VA., "speak up" to these fucks.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2007, 04:30:54 PM »

It's a stupid occurance that will be made even worse with the help of the good Reverends mentioned above.

So who will take up the cause?? Sean Hannity?? Rudoplh Giuliani?
How do I know?? All I know is when Rev Al is involved things get worse.? I had a run in with the phony back in his medallion wearing days.? Why would Hannity or Giuliani be involved?? What is the "cause"?? I know that Guliani would never recognize Rev. Al as a black community leader and he isn't.? I don't think it's his (Guiliani) place to get involved although he tends to micro manage.? Hannity can maybe cover it? I'm sure he has, being in the media and in 3 mediums print, radio and t.v.? What can he do though?? Harp on it with interviews with Rev. Al?? Let the black community and white community from the town take care of it with the officials local, state and fed.? I believe attempted murder may be too harsh for a beat down but again I don't hold the true bill indictment papers in front of me.
? ? I honestly haven't been following too closely but I would hope a fair ending for all involved will happen.? After reading crazy's post, I hope someone will step up to quell all stupidity and nonsence that serves no purpose.? Rev. Al serves no purpose but to inflame as do these white supremacists and they're probably worse.? Let the feds take them out and a peaceful sit down occur between thoughs involved.? They're all kids so they may need real guidance, not media and hate mongers.

What's your solution?? Because that's all I have.?

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2007, 09:37:26 PM »

I honestly haven't been following too closely but I would hope a fair ending for all involved will happen.

Thankfully, Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are doing more than just hoping.  Theyre using their celebrity to attract attention and achieve their goals the best they can.  Im glad to see them temporarily give up their frivolous recent causes for something serious.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2007, 01:33:22 PM »

It's a hate crime.

Not exactly, bigotry is an ideal, thought or expression. As revolting as bigots and the hate that they spew are, it is not illegal to express those views ... nor should it be. The two examples given are well known means of intimidation employed in an effort to get a family, or business, to leave the area ... that is criminal.

One plays a dangerous game when trying to define what should, or should not be allowed to be expressed. It is a common tactic of tyrants. There is a reason that those wise men made "freedom of expression" the first amendment to the Constitution 226 years ago.

Kids in New York have been harrassed by police for displaying the Southern Cross on their vehicles, and in Alexandria La., yesterday a teen was arrested for "inciting a riot" for having a "noose" on his truck. It seems like an easy action to endorse, but remember this, Hitler imprisoned teens for listening to "Big Band" music. The parrallels are not that divergent.

Fuckin Crazy, I apologize for the lateness of my reply.

However, I was looking through some of my old law notes today and found a few interesting tidbits I thought I'd share with you.

In a free society like Canada, we are entitled to hold our own beliefs and opinions.

However, if you act prejudicially and treat someone in a discriminatory manner, then your are breaking the law.

Discrimination - Treating a person differently, negatively, or adversely, with no valid reason.

Human rights legislation prohibits discrimination, and helps protect society against it.

The rights of an individual that are considered basic to life in any human society include:

The right to religious freedom
Equality of opportunity

When such rights require protection, intervention by the state is necessary.

Currently there are 4 mechanisms in Canada to protect human rights:

The Canadian Charter of Rights & Freedoms
The Canadian Human Rights Act [1978]
Provincial human rights legislation
Human rights commissions

If the parties cannot solve their differences - a human rights commission then intervenes

If further investigation is needed, the case will then be referred by a human rights commission to a human rights tribunal for a formal hearing.

The tribunal allows witnesses and parties to plead their case without having to follow the normal rules of evidence.

If the tribunal believes discrimination has occurred, then the respondent must prove that there was a bonafide reason for the discrimination, and to act otherwise would bring undue hardship

Judgments may be appealed, sometimes all the way to the Supreme Court of Canada

Penalties provide for civil remedies, not criminal.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 01:36:48 PM by Stoned » Logged

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2007, 03:16:24 PM »

Fuckin Crazy, I apologize for the lateness of my reply.

However, I was looking through some of my old law notes today and found a few interesting tidbits I thought I'd share with you.

In a free society like Canada, we are entitled to hold our own beliefs and opinions.

However, if you act prejudicially and treat someone in a discriminatory manner, then your are breaking the law.

Discrimination - Treating a person differently, negatively, or adversely, with no valid reason.

Human rights legislation prohibits discrimination, and helps protect society against it.

The rights of an individual that are considered basic to life in any human society include:

The right to religious freedom
Equality of opportunity

When such rights require protection, intervention by the state is necessary.

Currently there are 4 mechanisms in Canada to protect human rights:

The Canadian Charter of Rights & Freedoms
The Canadian Human Rights Act [1978]
Provincial human rights legislation
Human rights commissions

If the parties cannot solve their differences - a human rights commission then intervenes

If further investigation is needed, the case will then be referred by a human rights commission to a human rights tribunal for a formal hearing.

The tribunal allows witnesses and parties to plead their case without having to follow the normal rules of evidence.

If the tribunal believes discrimination has occurred, then the respondent must prove that there was a bonafide reason for the discrimination, and to act otherwise would bring undue hardship

Judgments may be appealed, sometimes all the way to the Supreme Court of Canada

Penalties provide for civil remedies, not criminal.

That is one of the primary differences between our two countries. Canada does not have freedom of the press or speech.

Go to your local bookstore and try to pick up a copy of "The Anarchist Cookbook", or see if you can get a permit to have a Klan march.

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2007, 03:35:16 PM »

That is one of the primary differences between our two countries. Canada does not have freedom of the press or speech.

Read it again:

HOWEVER, if you act prejudicially and treat someone in a discriminatory manner, then your are breaking the law.

Go to your local bookstore and try to pick up a copy of "The Anarchist Cookbook"

Huh

I'm sure that book can be found rather easily.

Even if I have to order it, who cares?

or see if you can get a permit to have a Klan march.

We have the right to peaceful assembly.

I doubt a Klan march would qualify.

Are you really going to lose sleep at night if you aren't able to hold a Klan meeting? Huh

With rationalizations like yours, perhaps this is why racism is far more prevalent in the US than it is Canada.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 03:43:05 PM by Stoned » Logged

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2007, 03:42:08 PM »

I'm sure that book can be found rather easily.

Even if I have to order it, who cares?

You would be breaking the law if you did.

We have the right to peaceful assembly.

I doubt a Klan march would qualify.

You just made my point.

With rationalizations like yours, perhaps this is why racism is far more prevalent in the US than it is Canada.

That is a strawman argument.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 03:48:56 PM by fuckin crazy » Logged

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2007, 03:54:16 PM »

You would be breaking the law if you did.

Not that I'm aware of.

Care to elaborate?

Why do you need a copy of The Anarchist Cookbook?

Why would I need a copy of The Anarchist Cookbook?

You just made my point.

You had a point? Huh

It seems as if you think you should be able to say whatever you want to say, just as you no doubt think you should also be able to carry around a gun everywhere with you.

I'm sorry, but Canadians just aren't like that.

Perhaps these are contributing factors as to why Canada isn't currently despised by nearly as many countries as the US.

Or why Canada hasn't experienced it's own 9/11.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2007, 03:59:11 PM »

No it's not.

Go watch Fahrenheit 9/11.

Michael interviews American citizens who are black, asian, etc who come from Detroit up to Windsor to enjoy the bars.

What do they say?

"Racism is far more severe and prevalent back home in the US. Here in Canada everyone is treated with respect no matter what their skin color or ethnicity."

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2007, 04:04:33 PM »

Why would I need a copy of The Anarchist Cookbook?

Why not? Maybe for knowledge. It is really none of anyone's business why I would want to read any book, as long as I don't have an ulterior motive.
You are making some of the same arguments Herr Bush made in defense of the "Patriot Act".

] just as you no doubt think you should also be able to carry around a gun everywhere with you.

No, not everwhere.

Perhaps these are contributing factors as to why Canada isn't currently despised by nearly as many countries as the US.

Or why Canada hasn't experienced it's own 9/11.

Dude, lay off the strawman shit.

fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2007, 04:07:54 PM »

No it's not.

Go watch Fahrenheit 9/11.

Michael interviews American citizens who are black, asian, etc who come from Detroit up to Windsor to enjoy the bars.

What do they say?

"Racism is far more severe and prevalent back home in the US. Here in Canada everyone is treated with respect no matter what their skin color or ethnicity."

Sure it is ...

Your are calling me a racist.

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2007, 04:15:08 PM »

Why not? Maybe for knowledge. It is really none of anyone's business why I would want to read any book, as long as I don't have an ulterior motive.

If that book your reading poses a threat my family or to society, then it absolutely is my business what you read.

You are making some of the same arguments Herr Bush made in defense of the "Patriot Act".

Canada has it's own version of the Patriot Act, enacted by the former Liberal government, not the current government.

Dude, lay off the strawman shit.

Your right.

Perhaps the merits of what I stated shouldn't be discussed because to you they are those of a "strawman argument," yet you still haven't explained how anything I've stated can honestly be construed as such.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 04:32:05 PM by Stoned » Logged

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2007, 04:19:41 PM »

Sure it is ...

Have you actually been to Canada?

Do you know this for certain?

Your are calling me a racist.

No I'm not.

Don't get so defensive, this is only the internets afterall.

I'm saying that based on the tired and clich?d rationalizations that you opted for as to why people should be able to say whatever they please, it really doesn't surprise me that racism is more prevalent in the US than here in Canada.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 04:40:03 PM by Stoned » Logged

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: