Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 11:13:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Jena 6
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Jena 6  (Read 10185 times)
The Dog
Legend

« on: September 20, 2007, 09:57:16 AM »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070920/ap_on_re_us/school_fight

thoughts?

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 10:10:42 AM »

Welll it seems that the "6" acted very american. they should be praised as heroes. Since when america condemns violence? Wink

babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 11:56:14 AM »

david bowie donated $10,000 to the Jena 6 cause.

http://www.nme.com/news/david-bowie/31231
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 12:03:17 PM »

My thoughts are......I'm staying far away from this.  Both sides were wrong....the white teens that hung the nooses were idiots and should have been punished in some form.  The black teens went about retribution the wrong way.  I would have equally been pissed and ready to beat some ass if placed in that position, but it comes down to knowing better and being the bigger man.  Sticky situation indeed.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 12:18:33 PM »

^^ agree more or less 100%

although I would say retaliating in such a manner is NEVER the answer.  I'd be more impressed if nothing violent happened and they were able to organize a protest and get sympathy from other people.  its hard to sympathize with someone after they beat the crap out of a kid, 6 vs. 1 - no matter how much of a scum bag the kid might be.  this isn't the wild wild west, we do have laws in this country.

i do think its beyond ridiculous the noose hangers weren't punished, and severely.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 12:48:51 PM »

Sometimes you need ordinary people to explain what happened - as I've been trying to read the accurate story on line and am having a hard time

Is this the deal:?

? ? A white guy hung some nooses on a tree where some black guys were sitting - to send a message to them that blacks are not welcome?
The black guys later got him alone in a 6 to 1 situation and beat the crap out of him?? Now the march is because the white guys threw the black guy a beating and were not charged at all?

Thanks for your help!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 12:55:30 PM by COMAMOTIVE » Logged
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2007, 01:14:59 PM »

Sometimes you need ordinary people to explain what happened - as I've been trying to read the accurate story on line and am having a hard time

A white guy hung some nooses on a tree where some black guys were sitting - to send a message to them that blacks are not welcome?
The black guys later got him alone in a 6 to 1 situation and beat the crap out of him?  Now the march is because the white guys threw the black guy a beating and were not charged at all?

Thanks for your help!

I've had some trouble finding the "whole" story in the articles I've read as well, but I don't think the 'white guys' threw the 'black guys' a beating at all... The issue is the punishment the black guys will be receiving for the assault (Will they  be punished more severely because they are black?).  At least that's my understanding of it, I may be wrong.

Also, what the fuck kind of parents are raising kids that hang a noose?   Undecided
Prometheus
VIP

I've been working all week on one of them.....

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2007, 02:26:32 PM »

EE thats what i got too.. and is kinda what is being said in the media here..... but to me it comes down to this.... whit guy hate crime... jail.... black guys assult in the 1st degree. Plead it out get min jail time and probation..... this to me would be the most balenced thing that could be done..... but it wont... "A time to kill" ......

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2007, 03:15:37 PM »

A white guy hung some nooses on a tree where some black guys were sitting - to send a message to them that blacks are not welcome?
The black guys later got him alone in a 6 to 1 situation and beat the crap out of him?  Now the march is because the white guys threw the black guy a beating and were not charged at all?

Thanks for your help!

I've had some trouble finding the "whole" story in the articles I've read as well, but I don't think the 'white guys' threw the 'black guys' a beating at all... The issue is the punishment the black guys will be receiving for the assault (Will they  be punished more severely because they are black?).  At least that's my understanding of it, I may be wrong.

Also, what the fuck kind of parents are raising kids that hang a noose?   Undecided
That's it, blame everything on the parents. The parents can't control every aspect of the kid's life. If they're fucked up it's not always how they were raised.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2007, 03:16:31 PM »

Don't worry your pal Rev. Al will straighten it all out for all of us. ?Oh! and The Rev. Jesse Jackson. ?It's a stupid occurance that will be made even worse with the help of the good Reverends mentioned above.

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2007, 06:31:52 PM »

According to this columnist, the kid who got beat up had nothing to with the nooses.

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/7170510

Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2007, 08:24:17 PM »

Anyone that gang bashes someone is a dog. I see it so offten. I agree the nooses should not have been there but its no excuse to fight 6 on 1. These little cunts are worried they might get punched a few times if they go in 1 on 1.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2007, 08:30:02 PM »

Thanks for your help!

That's it, blame everything on the parents. The parents can't control every aspect of the kid's life. If they're fucked up it's not always how they were raised.

Au contraire.  I'll bet you my left nut those noose-hangers weren't raised by "Atticus Finch-like" dads and well-educated, tolerant and caring yet firm mothers.  On that note, I'll bet you my right nut those thugs that beat the sh!t out of the white kid came from homes where they were either disciplined with corporal punishment or not disciplined at all. 

I see it time and time again.  My son just started pre-school last week. (yeah, I know, I'm old!)  Anyway, you can just watch the interaction between kids and parents for 15 minutes and peg the kids that will be completely out of control even b-e-f-o-r-e they start school!  Bad parenting creates bad kids which create bad adults/parents and the cycle continues.  Cry 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2007, 08:44:39 PM »

This thing has been building to a crescendo for a while. This was the third in a series of fights. While I think the charges are excessive, someone had to step in before a kid was killed. Remember this is the Deep South; there are firearms in every household, and everyone knows how to use them. Racism in the South is just under the surface ... by both sides, and it soesn't take much to bring it to the surface.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2007, 10:50:49 PM »

White kids did nothing illegal , the black kids should be punished according to what they did. I dont see the big deal , ok the white kids hung nooses and antagonized them , it worked says a lot.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2007, 10:58:25 PM »

^^Yeah, what's wrong with antagonizing minorities with nooses?   Embarrassed

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
SLCPUNK
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2007, 11:01:36 PM »

This topic is merely a drop of the Katrina thread, where prejudice ran wild.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 11:08:08 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2007, 11:06:10 PM »

White kids did nothing illegal , the black kids should be punished according to what they did. I dont see the big deal , ok the white kids hung nooses and antagonized them , it worked says a lot.

Hang a few nooses from your front yard and let us know what happens  hihi

I am not condoning the retaliation that ensued, but it was provoked. Not a smart move.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 11:07:45 PM by Chad Pennington » Logged

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2007, 11:29:33 PM »

Both sides are wrong, but I can't blame someone for responding to what is, essentially, an implied death threat (the nooses).  Of course, beating up some kid who had nothing to do with it was stupid and wrong.  The black students deserve to be punished, though the "attempted murder" charges they tried to lay on them were ridiculous.  It's a bad situation that was allowed to spiral out of control. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2007, 11:44:16 PM »

But in reality, this whole thing could have been solved by tasering every single person involved with this case.  White and black.  The taser is color blind.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: