Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 02:46:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Airbourne
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Airbourne  (Read 13319 times)
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2010, 03:36:09 PM »

^it's leaked

it's pretty good yeah i must say! might go see 'em in the 20th

also, gotta say, i don't think the single is all that bad that miss DaLee makes it out to be Wink
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 03:49:46 PM by CheapJon » Logged
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2010, 06:03:57 PM »

Yeah album leaked. Although its officially out tommorow so i shall be buying it!!!

Id say its one kick ass album. I enjoyed it straight away. Other people found it to be a not sure at first but after another play grew immensely on them.

html sucks
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2010, 10:42:59 AM »

Can't believe people actually dig this band. They make AC/DC sound diverse...  hihi

There are much better Australian rock bands than these guys.
Hell, even Wolfmother who I'm not too fond of either, are better than these guys!

I thought they were a parody band at first..like Steel Panther, but apparently they are serious?  I'm still not sure.  They have very generic lyrics, riffs and song titles..i just don't see the point in listening to them when Ac/Dc is still around.

are there any songs of theirs that some of you might recommend that are better than that last single?  Maybe some songs that arent just about how much they love to "rock"? 
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2010, 11:04:23 AM »

There two recent albums are better than anything AC/DC has put out since the  mid 1980s.

Some people would even argue they are better than AC/DC full stop.

I think you can enjoy them, if you are not expecting them to play at a creative arts college anytime soon. If you want some fun hard rock music, for fun and sheer energy then youll enjoy their music. If you want experimental , pushing to new areas rock music, this isnt the group for you.

The band doesnt pretend to be anything other than an old school styled rock band. Not all of their songs are about how much they love rock. One of my favorites on the new album is the song about a man being made redundant because his qualifications have become obsolete.

html sucks
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2010, 11:42:59 AM »

i listened to one of their songs once, and if it wasnt for the music video, i honestly wouldve assumed it was a new ACDC song.
I dont mind bands been influenced by older great bands, but there is a line and a big difference between influenced and copying.
It just wasn't for me at all. 

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2010, 12:01:03 PM »

i listened to one of their songs once, and if it wasnt for the music video, i honestly wouldve assumed it was a new ACDC song.
I dont mind bands been influenced by older great bands, but there is a line and a big difference between influenced and copying.
It just wasn't for me at all. 
I think the issue is the band release the slower tempo stuff as singles, which is the most AC/DC clone-esque. There albums often have much faster heavier songs as i believe they tried to mix motorhead with AC/DC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAUcUcoX2bI

html sucks
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2010, 09:15:01 PM »

There two recent albums are better than anything AC/DC has put out since the  mid 1980s.

I think you can enjoy them, if you are not expecting them to play at a creative arts college anytime soon. If you want some fun hard rock music, for fun and sheer energy then youll enjoy their music. If you want experimental , pushing to new areas rock music, this isnt the group for you.

The band doesnt pretend to be anything other than an old school styled rock band. Not all of their songs are about how much they love rock. One of my favorites on the new album is the song about a man being made redundant because his qualifications have become obsolete.

I wouldnt go to far there Mrlee..I'm a huge Airbourne fan...and they are the AC/DC of this modern day time..But no one can touch the almighty AC/DC that are still touring and putting out albums  although at a slow pace lol...and are the top draw everytime they tour..God Bless AC/DC and Airbourne

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2010, 01:07:47 AM »

Can't believe people actually dig this band. They make AC/DC sound diverse...  hihi

There are much better Australian rock bands than these guys.
Hell, even Wolfmother who I'm not too fond of either, are better than these guys!

I thought they were a parody band at first..like Steel Panther, but apparently they are serious?  I'm still not sure.  They have very generic lyrics, riffs and song titles..i just don't see the point in listening to them when Ac/Dc is still around.

are there any songs of theirs that some of you might recommend that are better than that last single?  Maybe some songs that arent just about how much they love to "rock"? 

I wouldn't know what to recommend, I don't like them.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2010, 06:12:32 AM »

I wouldnt go to far there Mrlee..I'm a huge Airbourne fan...and they are the AC/DC of this modern day time..But no one can touch the almighty AC/DC that are still touring and putting out albums  although at a slow pace lol...and are the top draw everytime they tour..God Bless AC/DC and Airbourne
Id agree with my point in the fact Airbournes releases beat AC/DCS more recent offerings....

but i dont know if i can agree with my friends on them being better.

Afterall.....AC/DC have a huge back catalogue of great rock n roll and two great frontmen...or should i maybe say 3? haha

html sucks
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2010, 06:21:56 PM »

Id agree with my point in the fact Airbournes releases beat AC/DCS more recent offerings....

but i dont know if i can agree with my friends on them being better.

Afterall.....AC/DC have a huge back catalogue of great rock n roll and two great frontmen...or should i maybe say 3? haha

Razors Edge, Stiff Upper Lip and Black Ice have been 3 of there best albums theyve relases and theyre 3 of there last 4 releases

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2010, 07:09:24 AM »

SUL and Black Ice are average AC/DC to me.

Razors Edge is great though.

html sucks
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2010, 08:03:56 PM »

Just had the time to Explore this band. OMG! FUCKING AWESOME!! beer

Oh My God i cant deny this...
Getizzyback
Headliner

Gotta Lite? FUc.....

« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2010, 08:13:21 PM »

I can understand comparing these guys to AC/DC to a certain extent, but their singer sounds nothing like Brian Johnson or Bon Scott and if not taken seriously it's just pretty good rock n' roll....something pretty scarce these days with what new garbage we have today (no wonder rock is dead). Maybe Airbourne is not unique but I appreciate the time the're here and how awesome their recordings sound. Why listen to Airbourne when we "Still" have AC/DC around, you ask?
With all due respect, yes AC/DC are rock Gods and one of the all time best and I can go on, but right this minute, Brian Johnson's voice is shot, their Black Ice album is OK, but the recording quality sucks, why they put Brian's voice so loud is beyond me, turn his ass down, put up the guitars and drums and you got Back in Black!

Anyone here need a "Banned aid"?
makane
Legend

« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2010, 07:16:12 PM »

Saw them live last week.
They had a horrible sound and seemed to play one song over and over. Not impressed.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2010, 07:39:52 PM »

well i saw them live for the third time just.

They get better n better every tour.

So much energy onstage its ridiculous. Great showmanship.

html sucks
Calcy
Rocker

He's baaaaaaaack!

« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2010, 06:03:20 AM »

Saw 'em last week in Leeds. Awesome show, really play for the crowd. Apparently they're playing Download and T In The Park and will be touring the UK at the end of the year, which I can't wait for!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: