Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 04:12:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228016 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash talks about Axl on Letterman...LINK
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash talks about Axl on Letterman...LINK  (Read 36574 times)
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #60 on: October 31, 2007, 04:15:17 PM »

Slash said he would like to clear the air, and said the bad blood between him and Axlc was partly due to himself and was bitter about the breaking up Guns N'Roses. Letterman asked if it would ever be fixed, and Slash said that its all in the future and you never know.

So who knows? made one day we'll see Slash and Axl share the same stage again

I cant understand how is that your conclussion...

Oh, and this is not meant to be in the Guns N' Roses section ok

why not, i believe slash talks about GnR in the interview, this is a guns n roses section.

if your point is correct then why is sebstian bach solo album in the guns n roses section?

you're just biased and/ or hate slash. whcih is a shame. cant p[eople just like both of them!  no

Pretty fucking simple:

* We have Sebastian Bach's threads here JUST BECAUSE Axl Rose, founder and current member of Guns N' Roses, sings in Bach's new album ''Angel Down''

Do you think we are gonna see in the future discussion threads about ''Slave To The Grind'' in this section?

* Slash uses to talk too much about Guns N' Roses, and he also talks about a lot of GNR things where he's not fuckin' involved. Slash can say whatever the fuck he wants, but that doesnt mean all his uncountable GNR mentions have to be here, in this section. That's why there's a ex members section, and a VR subforum.

I dont hate Slash. I love the music he did in GNR and I listen to his music everyday. I admire him a lot. But I am mature enough to accept THE FACT that he's no longer in GNR, and I can also see that he has a desperate need to talk about Guns N' Roses, even though he could spend his precious time talking about his current/active band.

Its a bit weird that a Slash n'Axl thread isn't allowed on the main Guns n'Roses board

That wasn't a Slash/Axl thread. The thread that was merged with this one was a Slash thread. Slash's mentions of Axl doesnt produce Slash/Axl threads.

Slash was the one interviewed. Not GNR, not Axl, not Slash & Fortus, not Slash and Finck. Slash's interviews, no matter what he talks about, go to a special section called ex-members.

Why?

Because he is an ex-fucking-member of Guns N' Roses

About ''Angel Down''... Why is it so fucking hard to understand? The main man of Guns N' Roses sings in that album! That is a genuine xxxx/Axl thread. Axl DOES HAVE to do with ''Angel Down''. Geez...

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
CSS
« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2007, 04:19:17 PM »

Its all so fragmented.

Just let it go, for Christ's sake!

That's where the threads are, deal with it.

Now let's talk about the actual subject featured in this thread instead of bitching about this stupid fucking shit.
CSS
« Reply #62 on: October 31, 2007, 04:24:31 PM »

So what direction should this thread take?

Just drop the act.

Talk about Slash on Letterman and discuss it properly instead of arguing about Sebastian Bach, Axl Rose and whatnot.
darth monkey
Beware: Can outwit all of you!
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2007, 04:28:43 PM »

Well first of all this isn't a direct quote from Slash so you don't know if those were his exact words, and basically all he said here was that it was complicated and he felt he didn't want to go through the whole story for why he was there. He doesn't need to explain what he does 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I don't really see there being anything wrong with that. Did Axl ever explain to us with he was brought to court for beating his ex-wife (Erin Everly) and his ex-girlfriend (Stephanie Seymour), no. And he doesn't have to that's his personal matters.

And as for someone else claiming that Axl doesn't care about money, well that isn't totally true. Why did he insist he get the 5% share of royalties that Steven was supposed to get. All members were to get 20% and instead Slash, Izzy, and Duff got 20%, Steven got 15% and Axl 25%. Sounds like he was thinking about his pocket in this case. I do respect that he is partly funding the new album(s), but just because someone does something once (like Slash not being totally honest above) doesn't mean its something that is done regularly. I'm not saying Slash never lies, I'm assuming most people probably lie every now and then, Slash being no different than you or I.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #64 on: October 31, 2007, 04:34:25 PM »

Well first of all this isn't a direct quote from Slash so you don't know if those were his exact words,

Ok, so you are in denial and need to defend him.

Fine. As long as we know where you stand.

and basically all he said here was that it was complicated and he felt he didn't want to go through the whole story for why he was there. He doesn't need to explain what he does 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I don't really see there being anything wrong with that.

More excuses.

Ok, so you don't see anything wrong with lying to the fans and making it seem like the people telling the truth are liars.

If your next post isn't one with proof of me being the biggest liar on this board or a written public apology from you, you'll be banned.

I've given you more than enough chances to set the shit you started straight.

Last chance! Don't tell me I didn't warn you.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #65 on: October 31, 2007, 04:38:32 PM »

And as for someone else claiming that Axl doesn't care about money, well that isn't totally true. Why did he insist he get the 5% share of royalties that Steven was supposed to get. All members were to get 20% and instead Slash, Izzy, and Duff got 20%, Steven got 15% and Axl 25%. Sounds like he was thinking about his pocket in this case. I do respect that he is partly funding the new album(s), but just because someone does something once (like Slash not being totally honest above) doesn't mean its something that is done regularly. I'm not saying Slash never lies, I'm assuming most people probably lie every now and then, Slash being no different than you or I.

That someone else was me.

Steven Adler told me personally (I've done a few gigs with him in Greece you know) that Axl gave him some of his percentage cause he was getting less money.

I don't know where you're getting this -5% crap from...

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2007, 04:44:01 PM »

Steven Adler told me personally (I've done a few gigs with him in Greece you know) that Axl gave him some of his percentage cause he was getting less money.

apparently from slash autobiography. another proof that he confabulates?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 04:50:09 PM by ppbebe » Logged
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #67 on: October 31, 2007, 04:46:39 PM »

apparently from slash autobiography.

God, I SO wanna read this book right now...

It's gonna be so much fun. More fun that watching "The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" again...

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #68 on: October 31, 2007, 04:53:59 PM »

A friend just sent me this... It proves my dialogue with Steven...

You see, when Steven is sober, he'll speak nicely about Axl and tell you the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Not that he lies when he's high, he just calls Axl an asshole...

"At one point, in order to keep this band together, it was necessary for me to give him a portion of my publishing rights. That was one of the biggest mistakes I've made in my life, but he threw such a fit, saying he wasn't going to stay in the band. We were worried about not being able to record our first album, so I did what I felt I had to do. In the long run I paid very extensively for keeping Steven in Guns N' Roses. I paid $1.5 million by giving him 15% of my publishing off of Appetite For Destruction."

Axl, 1992

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=11

novrain91
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: October 31, 2007, 04:55:50 PM »

I've recently came around reading posts in the GNR section and the VR section and I've got to say:

JARMO IS A DOUCHE BAG!! ?I mean do you seriously think you're in the "right" during these arguments?? You act like Axl is Guns N Roses and Slash had nothing to do with it. ?Look at the Fucking facts! Without both Slash and Axl there wouldn't be a GNR legacy for Axl to leech off of all of these years. ?The only difference between Slash and Axl is that one supposedly threw a bitch fit about getting all the rights to the name. ?Slash and others compromised to the keep the "Train" rolling. ?You could possibly argue the details of that, but you can't argue that Axl has done anything positive to build onto the GNR legacy. ?HE HAS HURT IT. ? The band (axl) ?is a fucking joke to the silent majority of music fans. ?Which if you didn't know, are the ones that end up mattering when cd sales come into play. Axl hasn't released anything under the GNR name in 15 years since getting control. ?There are a couple of demos, that even me a die hard fan have to admit are growing a little old on me. ?I saw them in concert last year and I had a lot of fun, but then again I was just in the moment watching parts of my favorite band of all time. ?In retrospect and if you watch a lot of the youtube videos, Axl's voice sounds like shit, and that's only when you can actually hear it in the mix. ?I like Axl for his past things and I hope Chinese Democracy is a masterpiece, but all signs point to another let down. ?I have no problem with you liking Axl, but don't act like you can bash Slash and write him off as a former member who doesn't matter anymore!! ?Last time I checked Slash and Axl have both released about the same amount of GNR material in the last 12 years..And that is None!!
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #70 on: October 31, 2007, 04:59:07 PM »

i don`t understand this crap....  slash mentions only positive things about axl in the last 1-2years+ and still some people (jarmo seems to be one of them) feel the need to bring up all this axl vs. slash shit...

i think it`s quite obvious, that slash was really bitter about the whole gnr thing until some years ago and now he regrets some of the things he has said. neither slash nor axl were angels as far as we know, but it seems to me, that only the fans and the media try to fuel the "fight" (that never existed in those dimensions according to both of them...)

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #71 on: October 31, 2007, 05:01:13 PM »

You see, when Steven is sober, he'll speak nicely about Axl and tell you the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Not that he lies when he's high, he just calls Axl an asshole...

"At one point, in order to keep this band together, it was necessary for me to give him a portion of my publishing rights. That was one of the biggest mistakes I've made in my life, but he threw such a fit, saying he wasn't going to stay in the band. We were worried about not being able to record our first album, so I did what I felt I had to do. In the long run I paid very extensively for keeping Steven in Guns N' Roses. I paid $1.5 million by giving him 15% of my publishing off of Appetite For Destruction."

Axl, 1992

I take that quote to mean he gave Steven 15% total, as opposed to 0%.  Before that, Axl would have gotten 40%.  Am I completely off with that thinking?

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #72 on: October 31, 2007, 05:03:10 PM »

Axl, 1992

I take that quote to mean he gave Steven 15% total, as opposed to 0%.  Before that, Axl would have gotten 40%.  Am I completely off with that thinking?

I have no idea if that's the case...

All I know is that Steven is still thankfull for this and he aknowledges it up to this day.

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #73 on: October 31, 2007, 05:04:46 PM »

Axl, 1992

I take that quote to mean he gave Steven 15% total, as opposed to 0%.? Before that, Axl would have gotten 40%.? Am I completely off with that thinking?

All I know is that Steven is still thankfull for this and he aknowledges it up to this day.

That's definitely not how it's portrayed in the book.  It says Steven got less than everybody and was scarred about it permanently.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #74 on: October 31, 2007, 05:09:49 PM »

Axl, 1992

That's definitely not how it's portrayed in the book.  It says Steven got less than everybody and was scarred about it permanently.

I'm talking about what I experienced personally with Steven Adler in 2004 and 2005.

I don't remember his exact words (it happened 2-3 years ago), but he was REALLY thankfull about it.

He did say lots of other good things about Axl that morning (infront of the entire Adler's Appetite band minus Jizzy, he went for a walk), but I'm pretty sure if I mention them, I'll get burned by Slash fans...

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #75 on: October 31, 2007, 05:12:30 PM »

Axl, 1992

I take that quote to mean he gave Steven 15% total, as opposed to 0%.? Before that, Axl would have gotten 40%.? Am I completely off with that thinking?

That's definitely not how it's portrayed in the book.? It says Steven got less than everybody and was scarred about it permanently.

I'm talking about what I experienced personally with Steven Adler in 2004 and 2005.

I don't remember his exact words (it happened 2-3 years ago), but he was REALLY thankfull about it.

He did say lots of other good things about Axl that morning (infront of the entire Adler's Appetite band minus Jizzy, he went for a walk), but I'm pretty sure if I mention them, I'll get burned by Slash fans...

Dude, I believe you.  Just pointing a discrepancy from the book and what you experienced with Steven.  It's possible he changed his perspective on it over the years.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #76 on: October 31, 2007, 05:13:22 PM »

Axl says his 15 percent. His 100 percent was not the whole of the writing credits was it? other members also got credits.
0.4 ? 0.15 doesn't make 0.15.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 05:16:00 PM by ppbebe » Logged
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #77 on: October 31, 2007, 05:16:55 PM »

Axl says his 15 percent. His 100 percent was not the whole of the writing credits was it? other members also got credits.
0.4 ? 0.15 doesn't make 0.15.

Yeah, I see what you're saying.  That could be the case.  It's getting complicated now.  confused

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #78 on: October 31, 2007, 05:24:26 PM »

I've recently came around reading posts in the GNR section and the VR section and I've got to say:

JARMO IS A DOUCHE BAG!! 

You should consider a career in writing since you have a way with words.

I mean do you seriously think you're in the "right" during these arguments?? You act like Axl is Guns N Roses and Slash had nothing to do with it.

Once again, prove it.

You people need to learn how to prove your fucking insane claims.

I've never made any comments about Slash never having anything to do with GN'R. He was part of what made GN'R the band it was. Period.

i don`t understand this crap....  slash mentions only positive things about axl in the last 1-2years+ and still some people (jarmo seems to be one of them) feel the need to bring up all this axl vs. slash shit...

Say what?

Only positive?

He lied about going to Axl's house. You people were calling Beta and Axl liars.

He finally admits that he lied and you all act like it was nothing.

I'm the asshole for pointing out the things that Slash says.

I'm sorry that I'm exposing you to all these Slash quotes that make no sense to me.

I'm sorry that I'm making you all insult and attack me because I don't think Slash is God or an honest person.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
kimberly
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #79 on: October 31, 2007, 05:29:03 PM »

I think Slash is a great guy and I really like reading his interviews in general, but for whatever reason, whenever he talks about Axl and some reunion and whatnot it just makes me cringe. I give the guy full credit for being the person who wrote the amazing riffs and all, but I really like this line-up and I can't really bring myself to care about some reunion, and even if there would be some kind of reunion then I highly doubt that going well for a long period of time anyway.

and basically all he said here was that it was complicated and he felt he didn't want to go through the whole story for why he was there. He doesn't need to explain what he does 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I don't really see there being anything wrong with that.
no he most certainly doesnt, a simple yes or no to a very simple question (being if he visited Axl's house or not) would have been enough...however when he's first denying ever going to Axl's house and after that be like 'yeah, well I kinda did go to Axl's house ?to clear some stuff up' that's lying...people wouldn't have made as big of a deal about it if he'd have simply spoken the truth than lying about it.

"Axl's standing in the doorway of our hotel at 10 am wearing a bathrobe, shouting, 'Hey, Bubbles! Ever been in an earthquake, motherfucker?!"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: