Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 01:33:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228016 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash talks about Axl on Letterman...LINK
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash talks about Axl on Letterman...LINK  (Read 36579 times)
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #80 on: October 31, 2007, 06:02:04 PM »

This video is a sign of something to come... at least that?s how I see it. And I won?t say I?m unhappy with it... at all.

Slash, in the last year, has only said good things about Axl. It?s now clear to all that he is done with all the angriness, remorse of the past. He shows his respect to Axl everytime now someone asks about him... and that surely didn?t happen some years ago. And that?s a really good thing... and that?s what matters now... not the past. Ain?t that what you are always saying Jarmo? Focusing in the present not living in the past? What I see now is someone being respectful and trying to clear all the shit he sure helped creating in the past. That?s  awesome and it?s what is important right now... I guess.

Anyway... does someone has the clip to the full interview? Not only the Axl part.

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
kimberly
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #81 on: October 31, 2007, 06:10:20 PM »

This video is a sign of something to come... at least that?s how I see it. And I won?t say I?m unhappy with it... at all.

Slash, in the last year, has only said good things about Axl. It?s now clear to all that he is done with all the angriness, remorse of the past. He shows his respect to Axl everytime now someone asks about him... and that surely didn?t happen some years ago. And that?s a really good thing... and that?s what matters now... not the past. Ain?t that what you are always saying Jarmo? Focusing in the present not living in the past? What I see now is someone being respectful and trying to clear all the shit he sure helped creating in the past. That?s? awesome and it?s what is important right now... I guess.

Anyway... does someone has the clip to the full interview? Not only the Axl part.

You can find it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSjQL3_OO3U

"Axl's standing in the doorway of our hotel at 10 am wearing a bathrobe, shouting, 'Hey, Bubbles! Ever been in an earthquake, motherfucker?!"
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #82 on: October 31, 2007, 06:17:22 PM »

thank you!  ok

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
snakepiter
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #83 on: October 31, 2007, 08:42:32 PM »

thanks for the clip, things look excellent.

pro old gnr
pro new gnr
pro vr
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #84 on: October 31, 2007, 09:57:20 PM »

Here you have the 9 minutes of Slash @ Letterman, from an HTDV source [widescreen], great resolution

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=49515.0

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
neko
Rocker

Coco el rey de las moronas

« Reply #85 on: October 31, 2007, 10:03:42 PM »

so , hows the book, has anyone read it yet?
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #86 on: November 01, 2007, 12:22:45 AM »

jarmo, warose's point was that lately, 06-07 Slash had been pretty positive on axl.  I think the other incident for which you speak happened in 05.  When is the last time Slash took a jab at Axl?  Atleast a couple years.  He is trying to make peace I think.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #87 on: November 01, 2007, 12:26:04 AM »

jarmo, warose's point was that lately, 06-07 Slash had been pretty positive on axl.? I think the other incident for which you speak happened in 05.? When is the last time Slash took a jab at Axl?? Atleast a couple years.? He is trying to make peace I think.

I think Slash has cut down on the negative comments about Axl that he himself admits making.  But, I don't think he's trying to make peace with Axl.

I say that because you don't file a frivolous lawsuit accusing someone of stealing your royalty money and then not drop the lawsuit when you know the lawsuit has no merit if you are trying to make peace.  That is a vengeful act.

Ali
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #88 on: November 01, 2007, 12:34:28 AM »

jarmo, warose's point was that lately, 06-07 Slash had been pretty positive on axl.  I think the other incident for which you speak happened in 05.  When is the last time Slash took a jab at Axl?  Atleast a couple years.  He is trying to make peace I think.

Well, he was denying going to Axl's house in May 2006.

Maybe you have to adjust your time frame a bit.....

Maybe in his own mind he's trying something new. Maybe he knows VR won't last.

I don't know.

I haven't read the book yet so I don't know exactly what he says in it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #89 on: November 01, 2007, 12:54:37 AM »

jarmo, warose's point was that lately, 06-07 Slash had been pretty positive on axl.? I think the other incident for which you speak happened in 05.? When is the last time Slash took a jab at Axl?? Atleast a couple years.? He is trying to make peace I think.

Well, he was denying going to Axl's house in May 2006.

Maybe you have to adjust your time frame a bit.....

Maybe in his own mind he's trying something new. Maybe he knows VR won't last.

I don't know.

I haven't read the book yet so I don't know exactly what he says in it.

/jarmo

why can't you give credit where credit is due? no one is saying slash never lied and dont even try to say any other members of the current line-up never lied....please.....you're a joke, no credibility.....the non-ass kissers know this very well.....

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #90 on: November 01, 2007, 01:36:25 AM »

Others have lied but not Axl....He is just not the kind of person who would do that. Yes, it has been lied on his behalf from others in the GN'R camp (Merck is probably a good example) but that's because this is part of the business. And whether Axl liked it or not, it probably had to be done for various reasons such as legal, etc....But I can't imagine Axl lying in interviews, statements that he personally wrote, songs, etc.....He's just never been like this..

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
Jeramy
Rocker

« Reply #91 on: November 01, 2007, 02:12:11 AM »

oh now he wants to talk nice after he's been owned Lips Sealed

since axl toured the world with the new band and proved he was, is and always will be the main ingredient of gnr

"He's in my band, that's where Slash is, fuckhead. Go home!"
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #92 on: November 01, 2007, 03:13:50 AM »

you're a joke, no credibility.....the non-ass kissers know this very well.....

You know what?

I'm tired of this shit. You either start talking and behaving like you're supposed to (according to the rules) or I'll start what should have been started a long time ago.

Just cause Jarmo doesn't want to use his power on most of you, it doesn't mean that you should abuse this and call him names all the time.

Enough is enough.

One negative karma for name calling.

daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #93 on: November 01, 2007, 10:01:24 AM »

^^^^^

the usual response to a very good point.

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #94 on: November 01, 2007, 10:13:33 AM »

^^^^^

the usual response to a very good point.

Please help me understand, which one made the good point?

darth monkey
Beware: Can outwit all of you!
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #95 on: November 01, 2007, 10:22:04 AM »

Wow...so now I'm being threatened to be kicked off this board unless I apologize. I have apologized to you once in the past when I made a mistake, but you won't get that from me this time. I do apoligize when I am wrong, so obviously it gives you a clue as tyo what I feel this time. If you do ban me it just proves the point all the more that you are very insecure about yourself in this board. You can't stand up for yourself in real life or in person so you have to show off your all powerfullness being a keyboard of a computer? You can't stand anyone that challenges you or might not share the same opinion as you. Time and time again you have questioned if I am a fan of GNR or not, and well I don't feel I need to justify whether I am a fan of GNR or not to you. I know what I am a fan of and I have and always will support GNR. I have never come here and said they sucked or anything. One can question if you truly are a fan since you love to thrash the old GNR members. Being a true fan means embracing GNR in all its forms including the current lineup as well as its past.

If I do get banned you'll no doubt go off on a tirade about me and how shitty members of the board like myself are, if you do all the power to you. Don't you love the power-rush you get out of standing up to someone and bitching them out when you know they can't respond. This will serve as yet another prime example of why what used to be one best GNR boards is turning into nothing but a joke. The webmaster can start arguments and insult people to no end but if you stand up to him and say something he doesn't like you're banned. Yet another wonderful example of how this board has turned from a place where you could freely speak your mind about the band we all love to a place where Jarmo runs a tight ship and you must obey him or you're gone.

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #96 on: November 01, 2007, 10:30:57 AM »

Wow...so now I'm being threatened to be kicked off this board unless I apologize. I have apologized to you once in the past when I made a mistake, but you won't get that from me this time. I do apoligize when I am wrong, so obviously it gives you a clue as tyo what I feel this time. If you do ban me it just proves the point all the more that you are very insecure about yourself in this board. You can't stand up for yourself in real life or in person so you have to show off your all powerfullness being a keyboard of a computer? You can't stand anyone that challenges you or might not share the same opinion as you. Time and time again you have questioned if I am a fan of GNR or not, and well I don't feel I need to justify whether I am a fan of GNR or not to you. I know what I am a fan of and I have and always will support GNR. I have never come here and said they sucked or anything. One can question if you truly are a fan since you love to thrash the old GNR members. Being a true fan means embracing GNR in all its forms including the current lineup as well as its past.

If I do get banned you'll no doubt go off on a tirade about me and how shitty members of the board like myself are, if you do all the power to you. Don't you love the power-rush you get out of standing up to someone and bitching them out when you know they can't respond. This will serve as yet another prime example of why what used to be one best GNR boards is turning into nothing but a joke. The webmaster can start arguments and insult people to no end but if you stand up to him and say something he doesn't like you're banned. Yet another wonderful example of how this board has turned from a place where you could freely speak your mind about the band we all love to a place where Jarmo runs a tight ship and you must obey him or you're gone.

Blah, blah, blah.

All this talk and no meaning.

He called Slash a liar, you said prove it, he did.

You called him a liar, he said prove it. You never did. You never even showed one post with Jarmo's "lies".

When you insult someone for no reason, more than once, expect to face the consequences.

If he was insecure or if he wanted to show his "powerfullness" (which according to merriam-webster does not exist as a word) he would have banned you a long time ago.

Instead he gave you the chance to prove your accusations. Which you still haven't done.

darth monkey
Beware: Can outwit all of you!
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #97 on: November 01, 2007, 10:42:18 AM »

Wow the hell are you his Mom? I have already pointed to areas where he has done so, if he or you choose not to accept that, it is fine I stand by what I said and there are a lot of people here who share the same views as I do.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #98 on: November 01, 2007, 10:46:38 AM »

Wow the hell are you his Mom? I have already pointed to areas where he has done so, if he or you choose not to accept that, it is fine I stand by what I said and there are a lot of people here who share the same views as I do.

I'm someone you can't outwit.

You haven't posted shit in the last 3 pages. No proof of Jarmo being a liar.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #99 on: November 01, 2007, 10:54:14 AM »

You can't stand up for yourself in real life or in person so you have to show off your all powerfullness being a keyboard of a computer?

Are you fucking serious?

I've asked you more than once in this thread to PROVE how I'm the biggest liar here. Like you claimed.

Surprise, surprise, you failed.

And I'm the one who can't stand for myself.

Pathetic.

Now you're gone. wave

you're a joke, no credibility.....the non-ass kissers know this very well.....

Are you having a bad year or something?

The "non-asskissers" like yourself?  rofl

/jarmo
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 10:57:24 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: