Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 11:01:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash talks about Axl on Letterman...LINK
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash talks about Axl on Letterman...LINK  (Read 36399 times)
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #100 on: November 01, 2007, 11:04:46 AM »

i wonder if he just wants to sell his book, or, making a huge public demand for him rejoining guns...

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #101 on: November 01, 2007, 11:09:32 AM »

Another one bites the dust... Roll Eyes

I guess you wouldn't see a problem if I called you names day after day and when you asked to prove it, I'd just act like nothing?

It was pretty obvious that guy didn't like the site and it's amusing how they all use the old "you must love the power" speech.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #102 on: November 01, 2007, 11:23:39 AM »

i wonder if he just wants to sell his book, or, making a huge public demand for him rejoining guns...
I'm wondering the same thing?? or is he just moving on.? On one interview, Slash states that Axl is a perfectionist and great at what he does but Slash also believes that Axl is afraid of his own success.? He also signed an autograph on a guitar that has Slash and a drawing of the hat and a cigarette but he also writes GnR funcking rocks or Guns and Fucking Roses or something of that nature?? Slash only mentions VR when asked and he just causually stated that they were going to go on tour soon and to where Europe etc.. Kind of odd to me.

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #103 on: November 01, 2007, 11:27:04 AM »

well thankfully, Slash is talking enough shit right now that I dont believe Axl would ever consider doing any kind of business with him again.  beer   

if he did, I would scratch my head.   Slash is obviously obsessed with talking about Axl lately..   Axl isn't interested in talking about Slash.  rofl
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #104 on: November 01, 2007, 11:32:04 AM »

The only thing I disagree with Jarmo is his bashing of Slash mentioning Axl.

Axl h asn't? done any interviews yet and whether u guys want to believe it or not, Axl IS GONNA have to talk about Slash.

He won't be doing it to sell records or draw attention to himself, He will be doing so because they were one of the greatest and biggest bands ever and people are gonna want to know what happened.

The only way Axl will be able to avoid talking about Slash is if he does no interviews or only writes prepared letters.

So a lot of this is gonna come back and bite Jarmo and others once Axl starts doing press for CD because Slash fans are gonna have a lot of fireback ammunition.

Slash is asked a question, thats much different than just offering up without being asked. Slash looks way worse if he says no comment as opposed to just answering the question.

cause if he says no comment, people are gonna interpret that as a diss.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 11:33:46 AM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #105 on: November 01, 2007, 11:34:21 AM »

well thankfully, Slash is talking enough shit right now that I dont believe Axl would ever consider doing any kind of business with him again.? beer? ?

if he did, I would scratch my head.? ?Slash is obviously obsessed with talking about Axl lately..? ?Axl isn't interested in talking about Slash.? rofl

Exactly what the fuck has Axl talked about the last 12 years?

Nothing

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #106 on: November 01, 2007, 11:34:37 AM »

you can't say what Axl thinks about Slash, because we don't really know.

one thing is sure Slash needs to move on. when you sell 200.000 copies of your last LP,
it's time to do something on your own. the book is a begining, but what's the goal ?

maybe he realised around 2005 that guns is his life, and went to see Axl for that.
i'm curious to see what's coming next, with Chinese Democracy...

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #107 on: November 01, 2007, 11:35:03 AM »

Axl isn't interested in talking about Slash.? rofl

No... he just doesn?t talk... at all.

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #108 on: November 01, 2007, 11:37:25 AM »

well thankfully, Slash is talking enough shit right now that I dont believe Axl would ever consider doing any kind of business with him again. beer

if he did, I would scratch my head. Slash is obviously obsessed with talking about Axl lately.. Axl isn't interested in talking about Slash. rofl

how do you know that? last time I saw Axl, he was talking about Slash non stop.
maybe interviewers are obsessed with asking Slash about Axl, and Slash is obsessed with answering the questions he get?

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #109 on: November 01, 2007, 11:50:37 AM »

Axl is the main ingredient?

How many albums/hits has Axl done since Slash and Co. Left?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Maybe it is because the new guys are incapable of writing a hit?

ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #110 on: November 01, 2007, 11:50:56 AM »

well thankfully, Slash is talking enough shit right now that I dont believe Axl would ever consider doing any kind of business with him again. beer

if he did, I would scratch my head. Slash is obviously obsessed with talking about Axl lately.. Axl isn't interested in talking about Slash. rofl

how do you know that? last time I saw Axl, he was talking about Slash non stop.
maybe interviewers are obsessed with asking Slash about Axl, and Slash is obsessed with answering the questions he get?

correct. slash does not bring up the subject. he is asked a question and he answers it.

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #111 on: November 01, 2007, 11:54:28 AM »

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

We've barely heard anything from the new guys, so you can't say what they are or are not capable of.

Ali
[mango]
Rocker

Chris Pitman = GNR

« Reply #112 on: November 01, 2007, 11:55:45 AM »

Axl isn't interested in talking about Slash.  rofl

Axl isn't interested in talking about..... anything, at all... Not even to his fans...

And did you noticed, that tv-show hosters and interviewers are the ones ASKING Slash (and Duff and Izzy) about Axl and not vice-versa?

18.9.2010 @ Stadthalle, Vienna, Austria - I was almost there
24.9.2010 @ Arena, Zagreb, Croatia - I was there
17.7.2012 @ Spaladium Arena, Split, Croatia - I was there too
JimBobTTD
Rocker

« Reply #113 on: November 01, 2007, 12:16:15 PM »

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

We've barely heard anything from the new guys, so you can't say what they are or are not capable of.

Ali

We know they aren't capable of releasing an album!  rofl rofl
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #114 on: November 01, 2007, 12:17:52 PM »

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I think that's a pretty moronic thing to say considering they haven't put their album out yet. If after the album comes out and there are no hits on it, then you can say that (even though we have heard 5 or 6 really great songs from them so far and a few of them have the potential to become hits). But until then, no way.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #115 on: November 01, 2007, 12:18:09 PM »

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Ali

We know they aren't capable of releasing an album!? rofl rofl

If it were solely up to them I'd agree. ?But, it obviously isn't.

Ali
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #116 on: November 01, 2007, 12:36:22 PM »

? ?I think it's just Axl just trying to be perfect in the new release, besides any legal issues. ?Maybe to an unhealthy degree but maybe he is doing so because the expectations are so high, that He is afraid of releasing something that he thought He could have improved. ?He may just want to blow people away and not just throw shit out there. ?There tends to be alot of bands that just throw shit out there and they are what they are.
 ? ?Slash may be right? ?Axl may just be afraid of his success? ?It's hard to follow up the previous stuff with something new in a world where the new music out there just sucks. ?GnR and Axl has been through so many changes that there are real legitimate reasons for so many delays so I can wait and relate because I'm in a business that one screw up can delay a job for very long periods of time.
 ? Axl may set the bar for himself so high that if he doesn't think it's perfect, he would rather just fix it. ?If you think as a fan your frustrated, imagine how Axl feels. ?He doesn't want to let himself or the fans down. ?There is a good amount of anxiety for performers who care about personal and professional integrity to keep up with an image that was thrust upon them, or self induced. ?Sometimes that can be a hugh problem for people in general to get through and look at the scale that GnR is at. ?Obviously He doesn't have a problem with his singing or the bands performance because of the extensive touring that GnR did, so it all comes down to the substance and legalities for the release of the CD. ?Hopefully soon a release will be out and we'll judge for ourselves.

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #117 on: November 01, 2007, 12:40:36 PM »

cause if he says no comment, people are gonna interpret that as a diss.
I wouldn't.   He's not associated with Axl or GnR anymore.  he said himself on Letterman he hasn't spoken to Axl in 12 years.    All he needs to say is, "I dont want to comment on Axl or Guns because I havent' been associated with either in 12 years.  He does his thing, I do mine."     That wuld be the mature respectable thing to do, IMO.

Exactly what the fuck has Axl talked about the last 12 years?

Nothing
He may not talk much, but he has talked some.  And Slash rarely ever comes up.   For example, the only time he was brought up during the interview last year with Eddie Trunk was when Axl was talking about how they wrote Its So Easy.     And that interview lasted for hours!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #118 on: November 01, 2007, 01:16:28 PM »

Axl IS GONNA have to talk about Slash.

Imagine this scenario:

Interviewer: I'd like to ask about Slash....
Axl: No comment, next question please.

Impossible? No.

So a lot of this is gonna come back and bite Jarmo and others once Axl starts doing press for CD because Slash fans are gonna have a lot of fireback ammunition.

Bite me in the ass? Why?

You know you'll get the same story from Axl as you got years ago. His story is consistent.

If Axl chooses to talk about the subject, you'll be pissed off along with a bunch of Slash fans. It'll be the old "Axl's an asshole" routine because he'll say what he thinks and what really happened.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #119 on: November 01, 2007, 01:45:09 PM »

Im saying Axl will have to talk about Slash eventually in some kind of interview. Im not saying he will change a story or lie or say anything negative about Slash, but he will have to address the topic and it won't be with some ulterior motive, he will just be answering a question.

Don't even bring up the Eddie Trunk interview. Eddie would have swallowed Axl's load if he wanted him to, so of course he wasn't gonna ask any questions cause he was so thrilled to have Axl there he was watching everything very carefully.

Notice how uneasy everyone got when Chris Jericho went to speak?

Slash sounds like a guy who has done and said some things he regrets.  Think about it, How could u not miss playing with the greatest frontman in Rock n Roll history?

Its kind of like when u are married or have a really great girlfriend. After time u start to think that great frontmen/girlfriends grow on trees and that u can be successful/happy with many others.

Its only after u fuck up and leave the great one u are with that u realize that great people come around usually not once in a lifetime.

So Slash is regretting not finding a way to work things out with Axl and stay apart of GNR.

Who the fuck wouldn't? is that so bad of a thing to regret?

Being part of one of the greatest rock bands in history and leaving it would have to sting like a motherfucker.

Now u play with a frontman, half as talented an probably even more difficult to deal with.  So fuck yeah I can't blame Slash for being apologetic and talking.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: