Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 10:12:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash talks about Axl on Letterman...LINK
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash talks about Axl on Letterman...LINK  (Read 36389 times)
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #120 on: November 01, 2007, 02:29:56 PM »

The poster Jarmo appears to come across on these forums as pro Axl and anti Slash 99% of the time. I guess that's his decision, which is fair enough. Although 99% of all the Guns N'Roses music out there (legal studio studio releases) features the guitarist Slash playing. What Guns N'Roses music does Jarmo listen too?

It's just a guess on my part but the "poster" Jarmo is probably going on the 287287218721 GNR shows he has seen over the past year with the current lineup.

Is there someone here who really doesn't know who Jarmo is??? rofl
kimberly
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #121 on: November 01, 2007, 02:34:58 PM »

Axl isn't interested in talking about Slash.? rofl

Axl isn't interested in talking about..... anything, at all... Not even to his fans...

Axl did have a period of informing fans actually...remember the '6th of march tentative release date' and the firemarshall fiasco? look how that turned out...people bitch when there's no info, and if there's info then they'll find something else to bitch about...what's the point in informing people then? seems like a bit of a waste of energy to me.

"Axl's standing in the doorway of our hotel at 10 am wearing a bathrobe, shouting, 'Hey, Bubbles! Ever been in an earthquake, motherfucker?!"
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #122 on: November 01, 2007, 02:35:59 PM »

The poster Jarmo appears to come across on these forums as pro Axl and anti Slash 99% of the time. I guess that's his decision, which is fair enough. Although 99% of all the Guns N'Roses music out there (legal studio studio releases) features the guitarist Slash playing. What Guns N'Roses music does Jarmo listen too?

It's just a guess on my part but the "poster" Jarmo is probably going on the 287287218721 GNR shows he has seen over the past year with the current lineup.

who is he? don't tell me, he's some distant relative of the Rose family? hihi

Round these parts, he is the boss. hihi
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #123 on: November 01, 2007, 02:37:07 PM »

Although 99% of all the Guns N'Roses music out there (legal studio studio releases) features the guitarist Slash playing. What Guns N'Roses music does Jarmo listen too?

Has jarmo ever trashed any guitar bit on a GNR song old or new?

One's ability in playing guitar and their character are  2 different things.
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #124 on: November 01, 2007, 02:37:47 PM »

i think (i wont speak for red square, but he can chime in) he is talking about the officially released music out there by gnr. 99.99% has slash on it....remember, we aren't suppossed to listen to any unreleased new material....and even if we are, slash is still on about 98% of the gnr material out there...

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #125 on: November 01, 2007, 02:43:50 PM »

i think (i wont speak for red square, but he can chime in) he is talking about the officially released music out there by gnr. 99.99% has slash on it....remember, we aren't suppossed to listen to any unreleased new material....and even if we are, slash is still on about 98% of the gnr material out there...

I do understand where he is coming from but for me and probably a lot of people out there, true appreciation for a band comes from what they can do live, not what was done on their studio material.  The new studio material will come eventually but for right now what we have is the concerts we have seen over the past year. 

I think even Slash realizes that when the new studio material is released it is going to overshadow him even more.  I can't even say I blame him for doing what he is doing at the moment, most in his shoes would probably do the same.
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #126 on: November 01, 2007, 02:48:15 PM »

I do understand where he is coming from but for me and probably a lot of people out there, true appreciation for a band comes from what they can do live, not what was done on their studio material.? The new studio material will come eventually but for right now what we have is the concerts we have seen over the past year.?

I think even Slash realizes that when the new studio material is released it is going to overshadow him even more.? I can't even say I blame him for doing what he is doing at the moment, most in his shoes would probably do the same.

sure. i agree to a point. however, studio albums are a huge part of who they are and how good they are. so, i don't agree with you that studio albums are not important...they are...and since we have been waiting for the new cd to be perfect, the band members sure think it is importnat...if and when the new cd comes out, i agree with you...it will blow everything out of the water...

[mango]
Rocker

Chris Pitman = GNR

« Reply #127 on: November 01, 2007, 02:50:28 PM »

Axl isn't interested in talking about Slash.  rofl

Axl isn't interested in talking about..... anything, at all... Not even to his fans...

Axl did have a period of informing fans actually...remember the '6th of march tentative release date' and the firemarshall fiasco? look how that turned out...people bitch when there's no info, and if there's info then they'll find something else to bitch about...what's the point in informing people then? seems like a bit of a waste of energy to me.

Yes, he mentioned tentative date, and also in the same statement that "If we are delayed for unseen reasons, you also will be notified"... I guess that didn't work out...

And if people would get some real news from the man himself, regarding to the release of the album (and i don't mean "number of tuesdays" and "soon" and shit like that) instead of listening to ten different mixes of same demos over the years... there would not be as much bitching as it happens now, i think.

M.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 02:52:35 PM by [mango] » Logged

18.9.2010 @ Stadthalle, Vienna, Austria - I was almost there
24.9.2010 @ Arena, Zagreb, Croatia - I was there
17.7.2012 @ Spaladium Arena, Split, Croatia - I was there too
kimberly
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #128 on: November 01, 2007, 02:59:40 PM »

Yes, he mentioned tentative date, and also in the same statement that "If we are delayed for unseen reasons, you also will be notified"... I guess that didn't work out...

And if people would get some real news from the man himself, regarding to the release of the album (and i don't mean "number of tuesdays" and "soon" and shit like that) instead of listening to ten different mixes of same demos over the years... there would not be as much bitching as it happens now, i think.

M.
yes I know what he said, but like I said what's the point in informing when it's never good enough. And I think that when people take a tentative releasedate as the actual releasedate, it's pretty clear as to why we don't get any news about possible releasedates...I feel that the only time we'll get some news now regarding CD is when there's no chance on earth that something could set the releasedate back.

@Ibelieveinaxl: I just saw your signature...does that amount of gigs imply just GNR gigs or all the gigs that you've gone to over the years?

"Axl's standing in the doorway of our hotel at 10 am wearing a bathrobe, shouting, 'Hey, Bubbles! Ever been in an earthquake, motherfucker?!"
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #129 on: November 01, 2007, 03:01:41 PM »

The poster Jarmo appears to come across on these forums as pro Axl and anti Slash 99% of the time. I guess that's his decision, which is fair enough. Although 99% of all the Guns N'Roses music out there (legal studio releases) features the guitarist Slash playing. What Guns N'Roses music does Jarmo listen too?

No matter what you claim to know, I never said I didn't like what Slash did in GN'R. I never tried to discredit his input in the GN'R legacy.

He was the guitar player for fuck's sake.

I might not agree with those of you who claim GN'R can't exist without Slash though.

Just because his statements make no sense to me and I don't like his current band, doesn't mean I hate the stuff he did in GN'R.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #130 on: November 01, 2007, 03:02:01 PM »

M.
yes I know what he said, but like I said what's the point in informing when it's never good enough. And I think that when people take a tentative releasedate as the actual releasedate, it's pretty clear as to why we don't get any news about possible releasedates...I feel that the only time we'll get some news now regarding CD is when there's no chance on earth that something could set the releasedate back.

@Ibelieveinaxl: I just saw your signature...does that amount of gigs imply just GNR gigs or all the gigs that you've gone to over the years?

only guns n roses shows....

kimberly
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #131 on: November 01, 2007, 03:07:20 PM »

Wow that's really impressive! peace

ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #132 on: November 01, 2007, 03:15:25 PM »

Wow that's really impressive! peace

thanks...its very simple...i love this band and have been around for a while. that number includes old gnr shows...ive been to about 30 or so new gnr shows...

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #133 on: November 01, 2007, 03:40:36 PM »

Its kind of like when u are married or have a really great girlfriend. After time u start to think that great frontmen/girlfriends grow on trees and that u can be successful/happy with many others.

probably and for gnr fans, whenever he talks about Axl and some reunion it's sorta like hearing an ex wife or ex GF of our best friend's dad wishing the friend's happy family we really like a divorce because she is unhappy with her present man and it makes us cringe, (doesn't it, kimberly?)

I guess you got to see the band live.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 03:42:42 PM by ppbebe » Logged
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #134 on: November 01, 2007, 03:46:39 PM »

Its kind of like when u are married or have a really great girlfriend. After time u start to think that great frontmen/girlfriends grow on trees and that u can be successful/happy with many others.

probably and for gnr fans, whenever he talks about Axl and some reunion it's sorta like hearing an ex wife or ex GF of our best friend's dad wishing the friend's happy family we really like a divorce because she is unhappy with her present man and it makes us cringe, (doesn't it, kimberly?)

Wait, what?HuhHuh  That was seriously confusing, like a riddle.

Yes, LIVE, everyone must see them LIVE!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #135 on: November 01, 2007, 03:58:48 PM »

I wasn't noticing.  Embarrassed
I should have put  it as 'like hearing some guy wishing his ex's  family a divorce because his present wife is a fraud. '
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #136 on: November 01, 2007, 04:06:06 PM »

So, should I tell my boyfriend I think he is like the greatest frontman of all time?  I am still seriously confused. 

I kinda feel bad for Slash though.   I think he really wants what he had in the early 80's and 90's back and he can't seem to resolve in his mind that he just cannot have that anymore.
kimberly
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #137 on: November 01, 2007, 04:15:42 PM »

That riddle thing was kind of confusing, but if you're saying that I don't like the whole reunion subject because I like the current band just the way they are and don't necessarily want a reunion, then yes. (you actually remembered that I said that...)

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #138 on: November 01, 2007, 04:26:33 PM »

yep.

So, should I tell my boyfriend I think he is like the greatest frontman of all time?

Nope I just said that you don't mess with your ex girl 10yrs after you left the girl when she has a new BF/family and happy as D used the simile.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #139 on: November 01, 2007, 05:46:00 PM »

I was comparing Girlfriends/wives to frontmen

When u are dating a great girl or guy for instance, U forget how shitty most guys/girls are and u think u can find another great girl/guy but in reality if u have a great one, u better cherish and hold on to them cause another one probably won't come around.

Slash had the greatest frontman of all time but probably thought he could be happier and just as successful with another.

He got Scott who is half as talented and more a pain in the ass than Axl was, so now he wishes he still had the greatest frontman with a little headache over the frontman he has now. cause at least with Axl the headaches were worth it in the end due to the great music etc.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: