Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 02:58:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Baz reveals more about "The General", CD, and more!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Baz reveals more about "The General", CD, and more!  (Read 43726 times)
sami ben tovim
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2007, 02:35:32 AM »

same shit different day Lips Sealed
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2007, 05:27:01 AM »

Wow,

1) AWESOME!!!

2) The 3 album concept is back?!?! I swear we got news from the band that that was no longer in the pipeline?! We've heard so many conflicting pieces on this notion over the last few years!

Can anyone remember the last time it was denied and whom by? Werent we told CD was going to be one record with 12 songs or something.
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #62 on: November 06, 2007, 05:37:53 AM »

Wow, Thanks Baz,

Im not putting him down though, hes a cool guy,

But I want to hear the band talk about chinese democracy, not someone who isnt in the band,

I want to hear someone who actually worked on the songs saying "the general is this awsome song that we made, It has this fast grinding riff''' etc..

Baz is cool, but I would rather someone in the band talking about gnr...

Mabye im just psd off that Baz is continually hanging this carrot infront of all our noses, and
in away, hes creating buzz for cd , but at the same time, people are hating him for doing this...

Bittersweet...

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: November 06, 2007, 06:54:27 AM »

No problem with being friends, best friends even....but what is that thing between Bach & Rose? Sebastian is talking more about Axl & GN'R than his own stuff...I don't get that.
Is he in love with Axl or something?    yes  love
 Grin
Really, I've got nothing against gay people, honestly not....but am I the only one who have this thought about the whole 'Baz loves Axl' shit? He (Baz) even weares make-up  rofl

Anyhow, beside this: nice to read a nice interview about Chinese Democracy... too bad it is never from the official GN'R camp we get this kind of feedback/news

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
gunns1
Legend

« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2007, 06:59:17 AM »

No problem with being friends, best friends even....but what is that thing between Bach & Rose? Sebastian is talking more about Axl & GN'R than his own stuff...I don't get that.
Is he in love with Axl or something? yes love
 Grin
Really, I've got nothing against gay people, honestly not....but am I the only one who have this thought about the whole 'Baz loves Axl' shit? He (Baz) even weares make-up rofl

Anyhow, beside this: nice to read a nice interview about Chinese Democracy... too bad it is never from the official GN'R camp we get this kind of feedback/news

I know ,
Baz likes axl for leting him go on tour, and thus Thrusting (for use of a better term) back into the public eye again...

But at the same time,
We dont need Baz TELLING us how good cd is,
we have heard alot of songs already from chinese democracy,
but for baz to be continually saying "IVE HEARD THIS GREAT SONG ETC"
50 times each month, its like his rubbing our noses in it,
Im glad he likes the cd songs,
But I want to hear this kind of enthusiasm from the people that actually made the songs,
I.E THE BAND, I would rather just hear the band that made the songs talk about it, not anyone else..
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 07:02:36 AM by gunns1 » Logged

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #65 on: November 06, 2007, 07:01:16 AM »

Is he in love with Axl or something? yes love
 Grin
Really, I've got nothing against gay people, honestly not....but am I the only one who have this thought about the whole 'Baz loves Axl' shit? He (Baz) even weares make-up rofl

I know ,
Baz likes axl for leting him go on tour, and thus Thrusting (for use of a better term) back into the public eye again...

But at the same time,
We dont need Baz TELLING us how good cd is,
we have heard alot of songs already from chinese democracy,
but for baz to be continually saying "IVE HEARD THIS GREAT SONG ETC"
50 times each month, its like his rubbing our noses in it,
Im glad he likes the cd songs,
But I want to hear this kind of enthusiasm from the people that actually made the songs,
I.E THE BAND, I would rather just hear the band that made the sons talk about it, not anyone else

you're the perfect example of someone who's never happy and always finds something to complain about. just shuddup and enjoy the good news!

Chinese Democracy!
gunns1
Legend

« Reply #66 on: November 06, 2007, 07:04:29 AM »

I am happy about it,

Its just that it seems like a cop - out, like baz is becoming the new spokesperson for gnr,

Why havent we heard from Robin or fortus, or anyone talking about the songs?

If a person outside the gnr camp, i.e Baz, who has no real direct input into the musical direction of gnr,
can talk about a song, that no one else has heard before other then the gnr camp,

then Why cant Robin, Fortus, Bumble, etc talk about it...?

The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2007, 07:09:17 AM »

how typical, someone's always gotta shit on the cupcake
you can say that baz is rubbing our noses in it and dangling a carrot in front of our noses all you want but i'd take this over when we had the droughts where we were speculating whether there even WAS a CD or not.. i'm sorry but i'd rather have someone tell me how great it is over and over than no one confirming its EXISTANCE! do you have any idea how many skeptical friends i have that don't believe there's even going to BE an album? thats why when (yes, thats right, i said "when" instead of "if" because we KNOW it exists :-P) CD drops i'm buying about 15 copies and smacking my friends in the face with em

and we haven't heard anything from finck or fortus because they're under contract to not talk about the album! remember? anyone that works with it has to keep it on the down-low?

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2007, 07:12:15 AM »

...Why cant Robin, Fortus, Bumble, etc talk about it...

This to me proves further that they can talk about it, they just don't.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
gunns1
Legend

« Reply #69 on: November 06, 2007, 07:13:51 AM »

Isnt the blues , better, Irs , catcher in the rye, chinese democracy all proof that their is chinese democracy?

Baz is a cool guy, dont misinterpret me, He is a guy that always seems to be energetic,

but im sick of him continually talking about songs that we cant identify with cause we dont have em,
its like hes trying to get us excited over cd, like as if we already arent,
Next ?week, he will be talking about Thyme..

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #70 on: November 06, 2007, 07:16:04 AM »

Isnt the blues , better, Irs , catcher in the rye, chinese democracy all proof that their is chinese democracy?

Baz is a cool guy, dont misinterpret me, He is a guy that always seems to be energetic,

but im sick of him continually talking about songs that we cant identify with cause we dont have em,
Next  week, he will be talking about Thyme..

I'm ok with all of that, I'm just wondering why he had almost identical comments about "Sorry" as he does "The General"

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
gunns1
Legend

« Reply #71 on: November 06, 2007, 07:17:45 AM »

Next? week, he will be talking about Thyme..

I'm ok with all of that, I'm just wondering why he had almost identical comments about "Sorry" as he does "The General"

yeh good point,
Surely the songs arent that similar as he makes it out to be...

Mabye hes not the best when it comes to describing songs...

chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2007, 07:32:52 AM »

I'm just happy to hear good news,

? ? I don't even consider the dates 08, 10, 12, I learned my lesson, I look at the dates like Axl (they don't exist, at this point they aren't even "tentative" and look where that date got us)....who is going to say in for example 09 the decide to tinker "alittle" with the second and third albums.

Talking about this band dates are irrevelant.

? Like I said, I love the news, thank god for Baz cause if it wasn't for him we wouldn't know any of this but I don't need Baz to get excited about the album I'll be excited as hell, WHEN IT COMES OUT! no point of being excited about before that.

? ?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 07:36:28 AM by chriskon72 » Logged

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #73 on: November 06, 2007, 07:37:46 AM »

Baz will read this thread, so will Axl.

HI  peace
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #74 on: November 06, 2007, 08:02:02 AM »

I love those sarcastic comments from axl ha ha, that was actually really fuckin' funny!

Wonder if that 2012 comment was ment sarcastic or as the thruth tho? drool

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
sandman
Legend

« Reply #75 on: November 06, 2007, 08:08:24 AM »

"well this comes out on the third record. it relates to this song, its a trilogy, this goes with this lyrically."

i think the genius that is Axl gets forgotten sometimes. if it's even possible, i actually have more respect for him after reading this.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #76 on: November 06, 2007, 08:30:30 AM »

Bach: I said that to him once, and it was one of the only times he bristled at me. He goes "Oh, everybody, sebastians got a great fucking idea. Hey! I should put out a record! Thanks, man what would I do without you dude...thats awesome." I was like Ok, I get it.

I laughed out loud when I read that? rofl rofl

whatever, 2012 for the third record isn't that bad..maybe it's like first record in 2008, second in 2010 and third in 2012. They'll have plenty of time to promote the record (aka touring? love ) and get people to buy the record sounds like a plan to me? ok One record every 6 months might be a bit much....if Axl was serious when he said 2012 that is? hihi

this is exactly what I thought.? If its true that the third album will be out in 2012, then I think 2008 and 2010 for the first two would be about right.?

thats an awful lot of touring Shocked
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #77 on: November 06, 2007, 09:01:35 AM »

hello, another cupcake shitter here!

how, exactly, is "theres some great music that you cant hear for the foreseeable future" good neews...?

oh yeah, hang on...

I would'nt do that if I were you.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2007, 09:25:29 AM »

Baz mentioned sorry after he listened to the songs for an album (the first album) after kroq show in September 06.

and now having heard more songs in December he mentions the general which is slated to be on the 3rd album.

So I assume the two are different songs and the song related to the general is sorry.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #79 on: November 06, 2007, 10:03:39 AM »

I love Sebastian but I think he should shut up for a while.

I know u guys are loving all these updates but I want news from AXL not Sebastian, and if he isn't careful, he is gonna go too far and truly piss Axl off and then it may be 13 years before he hears from Axl again.

I think Sebastian is starting to cross the line a bit and is oblivious to the fact that the media are now using him to find out about Axl and CD and if it wasn't for his connection to Axl, he wouldn't be getting much press at all.

I think he is using Axl a little too much to be honest.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: