Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 02:41:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Baz reveals more about "The General", CD, and more!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Baz reveals more about "The General", CD, and more!  (Read 43724 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #160 on: November 08, 2007, 12:01:47 AM »

Sebastian is just another puppet.

I have no problem with Sebastian promoting his album, but I think he should leave Axl's release strategies a secret.
Unless Axl is fine with Sebastian speaking on his behalf.

I agree. if Axls cool with it why not tell us, if it wasn't for Baz, we'd still be in the dark about anything.

peace
Yeah, I think that would have to be the case too.  I mean, I'm sure if Axl didn't want Baz to say anything about CD then he would tell him so.  In a way, it keeps him in the public eye without him having to do anything at all.  It's a no lose situation.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
world war
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #161 on: November 08, 2007, 06:20:43 AM »

when i read that part about "The General", isn't that the same thing he said about "Sorry"?

peace

You are correct, sir. ?He also said that "Sorry" had a slow, grinding beat. ?A beat he could not get out of his head.

Ali

yeah and he said sorry had high peircing vocals, screaming vocals..

but he also said sorry was more like doom metal

and general was "its by far the heaviest metal tune I think ive ever heard axl do" wich to me means fast drums and shit.. also didn't someone say that the general was brains favourite song or something or that it erally showed brains skillz or something?

No. he said the lyrics to sorry were "clean" if i remember the exact word - definitely not screeching. combined with a slightly different description of the music and i am confident he is not mixing the two songs up.
CSS
« Reply #162 on: November 08, 2007, 07:43:28 AM »

Care to elaborate?
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #163 on: November 08, 2007, 07:49:44 AM »

I have no problem with Sebastian promoting his album, but I think he should leave Axl's release strategies a secret.

Just what we the fans what...to be more in the dark.   hihi

Axl gave Baz the green light to talk about it.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #164 on: November 08, 2007, 07:51:05 AM »

Unless Axl is fine with Sebastian speaking on his behalf.

I agree. if Axls cool with it why not tell us, if it wasn't for Baz, we'd still be in the dark about anything.
peace

Not to be a party pooper, But what exactly has Baz done that will bring chinese democracy any closer....

I just hope axl concentrates ALL his efforts on cd from now on, not appearing on any more on other peoples cds

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #165 on: November 08, 2007, 08:36:27 AM »

I just hope axl concentrates ALL his efforts on cd from now on, not appearing on any more on other peoples cds

I really don't think Axl going up to Baz's studio for a day to record some vocals had any effect at all on Chinese
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #166 on: November 08, 2007, 08:43:20 AM »

Of course not. It's just people trying to find lame excuses to blame Axl for anything.

And calling Baz a puppet... OMG, and people still whine when there's no news to talk about. Roll Eyes

gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #167 on: November 08, 2007, 09:22:59 AM »

If Baz wasn't around, None of you would know stuff we know now.

Withoud Baz we wouldn't have heard Axl Rose sing in 2007 or later perhaps......(on a studio song)
thanks for Baz Axl could go on and sing in 2006 when his voice was damaged.
we have a lot of stuff thanks to this great man.

I just wanna say thanks to Baz cause.
withoud him we wouldn't have heard anything between February and now or later...... think about it.
he told us alot of stuff that took management like 10 years to give us....
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #168 on: November 08, 2007, 09:33:16 AM »

i think the speculation of the 2008-2010-2012 releases are just wishful thinking cuz we want CD to come out soon... just because the last album has a 2012 potential release doesn't mean that the rest of the albums will be released in an even spread from now to then.. for all we know they can all drop in 2012, just a few months apart

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #169 on: November 08, 2007, 09:43:03 AM »

I think it's just that Axl just made a guess about the third album because he *believes* the first one will come out next year. I don't think it would all drop in the same year, there's no indication ever that this was/is the plan.

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #170 on: November 08, 2007, 09:47:08 AM »

Make up your mind.? By saying you think Baz is just another puppet, I'm guessing you mean that Axl is the PuppetMaster. ?And if that's the case then wouldn't anything that Baz says in regards to 'secret strategies' be exactly what GNR wants him to say when they pull his strings? ?Roll Eyes

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #171 on: November 08, 2007, 11:01:13 AM »

If Baz wasn't around, None of you would know stuff we know now.

Withoud Baz we wouldn't have heard Axl Rose sing in 2007 or later perhaps......(on a studio song)
thanks for Baz Axl could go on and sing in 2006 when his voice was damaged.
we have a lot of stuff thanks to this great man.

I just wanna say thanks to Baz cause.
withoud him we wouldn't have heard anything between February and now or later...... think about it.
he told us alot of stuff that took management like 10 years to give us....

Baz will say thank to you when you'll buy Angel Down just because of axl appereance Kiss
CSS
« Reply #172 on: November 08, 2007, 11:03:09 AM »

Baz will say thank to you when you'll buy Angel Down just because of axl appereance

Ehm, what?

Tongue
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #173 on: November 08, 2007, 11:03:33 AM »

Make up your mind.  By saying you think Baz is just another puppet, I'm guessing you mean that Axl is the PuppetMaster.  And if that's the case then wouldn't anything that Baz says in regards to 'secret strategies' be exactly what GNR wants him to say when they pull his strings?  Roll Eyes

Hahaha!

I think D is bitter because Baz isn't Jon's puppet anymore.....   rofl

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #174 on: November 08, 2007, 12:35:46 PM »

Still can't believe people fail to understand the difference between Sebastian talking about Axl to promote his album in a way that is relevant in the here and now (toured with him in 2006 and 2007, laid down vocals for Chinese Democracy in 2007, has Axl appearing on 3 songs on his album which comes out in 2 weeks, has head Chinese Democracy, is speaking about things that are relevant today) and Slash talking about Axl to promote his music when it is either BS or revolves around events that happened 11+ years ago (announcing Chinese Democracy is coming out in 2006 when he has no clue, talking about the infamous "house incident" and changing his story 3 or 4 times, talking about wanting to do reunions, speaking on things that happened 11+ years) all after several times saying he doesn't want to talk about Axl anymore

Slash's music in 2007 has absolutely nothing to do with Axl Rose.  Slash's music since 1996 has had nothing to do with Axl Rose in any way, shape or form.  Sebastian Bach's music in 2007 does have to do with Axl, he is on the album, he toured with Guns, he recorded vocals for Chinese Democracy this year.  If it's a case of both "using" Axl to sell records, that's for the individual to decide but at least when Bach speaks on Axl it's a)relevant to both his and Axl's music in this day and age and b)is actually informed and truthful
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #175 on: November 08, 2007, 12:51:01 PM »

Still can't believe people fail to understand the difference between Sebastian talking about Axl to promote his album in a way that is relevant

No.."people" dont understand why EVERYONE (celebrity, DJ.. etc.), except slash, is allowed to mention Axl and have a thread dedicted to it on the main GnR section.

this is the last time im gonna post on this. Im sure your glad  hihi

Im not anti-axl or pro-slash.

I like both of them, that seems pretty rare round here, and if anyone disagrees about anything to do with what the new GnR or Jarmo does, they're deemed "negative" or a whiner". That's just silly.

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #176 on: November 08, 2007, 01:13:52 PM »

Still can't believe people fail to understand the difference between Sebastian talking about Axl to promote his album in a way that is relevant

No.."people" dont understand why EVERYONE (celebrity, DJ.. etc.), except slash, is allowed to mention Axl and have a thread dedicted to it on the main GnR section.

this is the last time im gonna post on this. Im sure your glad? hihi

I like both of them, that seems pretty rare round here, and if anyone disagrees about anything to do with what the new GnR or Jarmo does, they're deemed "negative" or a whiner". That's just silly.

Agree 100%, Axl is amazing, love the new band. I love Slash as well even though Liberturd sucks.

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #177 on: November 08, 2007, 01:35:18 PM »

show your love for slash in VR section.

Then perhaps you are either Anti current lineup anti Sebastian axl's  friends. or just anti Jarmo?

See the same people has whined whenever GNR members talked about their album.

Baz is a musician, axl's friend and more importantly a rock enthusiast. It wouldn't be easy for a music fan that heard something mind-blowing to pretend as it was nothing exciting.

Also it's only natural for a music fan to be more interested in music than old gossips and for an active musician to take their priority to their new album over a book some other musician if not a ghost writer wrote.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #178 on: November 08, 2007, 01:44:42 PM »

Slash hasn't made a relevant or informed comment about Axl in some time.  That probably has something to do with it
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #179 on: November 08, 2007, 01:58:48 PM »

Slash hasn't made a relevant or informed comment about Axl in some time. That probably has something to do with it

Oh, Ok. So threads like XXX Dj says Chinese democracy 2012. or Play.com says.........

^^^^

what these people say is obviosly relevant & informed.  Lips Sealed

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: