Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:05:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227773 Posts in 43246 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  BUY Product
| | |-+  GNRevolution.com
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNRevolution.com  (Read 76604 times)
Neemo
Legend

« on: November 09, 2007, 01:18:59 PM »

You've seen Roses of Velvet....you've seen GnR Unleashed.....now come join the forum which combines the best of both worlds

GNRevolution

The GnR forum which looks at the whole story

The Forum staff you all know and love has relocated to a new site with all the old features and attitude...come talk GnR, come talk Velvet Revolver, and as always we have tons of off topic discussions when GnR times are slow

www.gnrevolution.com

STAFF
downliner - www.chopaway.com Administrator
DoubleTalkingJive - Administrator
Jameslofton - Administrator
A Private Eye - Moderator
Backslash - Moderator
luckylittlelady - Moderator
Neemo - Moderator
Pride&Glory - Moderator (formerly BLS Pride)
Dreamline - Graphics Designer

see you there ok
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 01:28:49 PM by Neemo » Logged

-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 03:27:13 PM »

Wo0t

gnrevolution.com
JAC185
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 03:30:59 PM »

The 'evol/love' thing is cheesy as fuck.

Good stuff.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 08:40:46 PM »

The 'evol/love' thing is cheesy as fuck.

Good stuff.

Shhhhaddup  Roll Eyes

gnrevolution.com
SLCPUNK
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2007, 02:31:32 PM »

The problem with most GnR sites/forums is that they use HTGTH as an archetype, knowingly, or unknowingly, and that is why they generally suck.

Locked news topics, admin board, sports board, VR section......it's all a knock off.

Now we are seeing the knock offs of the knock offs.

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2007, 03:33:27 PM »

Knock, knock, knocking off HTGTH.

Make it loud!

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Gunner101
Opening Act

gnrevolution.com

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2007, 01:21:41 PM »

The problem with most GnR sites/forums is that they use HTGTH as an archetype, knowingly, or unknowingly, and that is why they generally suck.

Locked news topics, admin board, sports board, VR section......it's all a knock off.

Yeah too bad we run our site nothing like this one. We are a VR and GNR board hence the VR board not hidden away. Sports and Admin boards are part of almost every forum I have been too.

gnrevolution.com
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2007, 03:46:38 PM »

Yeah too bad we run our site nothing like this one. We are a VR and GNR board hence the VR board not hidden away. Sports and Admin boards are part of almost every forum I have been too.

Yeah really.

I honestly have nothing but nice things to say about the site. I have a great time there.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
SLCPUNK
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2007, 12:37:56 AM »

Yeah too bad we run our site nothing like this one. We are a VR and GNR board hence the VR board not hidden away.

They are the same, down to the thread topics half the time. Just like many of the other GnR sites.
nyd
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2007, 07:48:36 AM »

rofl

Are you saying HTGTH was the original message board to cater to other off-topic discussions?

If we were to copy ideas from another board then HTGTH would certainly be a good board to copy, but as with just about every other message board on the net we provide what a majority of users expect to see. As a GNR-Related community the visitors expect to find  a GNR board, VR board, ex-gunners board, downloads, off-topic board etc as standard.

It would be shit if we just had one board for all discussions  Undecided

As the community grows we'll be adding new boards and no doubt removing those that aren't needed.

We've already added a new board for members to discuss political issues, and removed our "GNR News" board as we felt it wasn't necessary  Smiley It was only added as we intended to stream the "News" from our board directly onto the homepage but again felt that it was unneccessary. We're not trying to build a News site, just the community is sufficient (for now)  ok
Gunner101
Opening Act

gnrevolution.com

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2007, 11:41:23 AM »

Yeah too bad we run our site nothing like this one. We are a VR and GNR board hence the VR board not hidden away.

They are the same, down to the thread topics half the time. Just like many of the other GnR sites.

We might have similar topics but the discussion in those topics are totally different from the discussions posters have here.

gnrevolution.com
CSS
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2007, 12:27:04 PM »

We might have similar topics but the discussion in those topics are totally different from the discussions posters have here.

He was probably just being sarcastic.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2007, 03:13:42 PM »

Are you saying HTGTH was the original message board to cater to other off-topic discussions?

Certainly not, but I've seen plenty O'sites that even had the categories in the same order as here. When I see a website that has a news section that is "locked" just like here, please don't try and tell me that it's not a knock off. I've seen a couple places do that. That's just one example.

Hey, I admire anybody who wants to run their own board. But IMO, (this was my opinion even years back) the internet is saturated with GnR MB's, and there is also one giant you have to compete with (Here.) When I see boards pop up that bare a striking resemblance it makes me wonder if they realize any of this. Regardless of what many may think, you only have a relatively small pool to pull from as far as posters are concerned. You also have specific forums that long time posters are comfortable with and aren't leaving unless they close up shop-this also hinders recruits. That is why so many boards languish for months on end, a slow death down to the delete button.

Worse than any of that, is a group of folks, who happen to be running the joint, who deny it as the truth.

And this is before any of the drama surrounding the place, hijacked names (changed now or not), innuendos, and whispering that one of your Admins sends sexually explicit PMs to underage girls (complete with screen shot.) Not a good combo.

Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2007, 03:47:54 PM »

^Who would do such a Juvenile, Assinine, Malicious, Egotistical, Stupid thing?

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
nyd
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2007, 03:50:57 PM »

And this is before any of the drama surrounding the place, hijacked names (changed now or not), innuendos, and whispering that one of your Admins sends sexually explicit PMs to underage girls (complete with screen shot.) Not a good combo.

Never heard anything about sexually explicit screenshots so I assume you're not talking about me  rofl I would also add that screenshots can easily be faked, have you not seen the screenshot of GNR live in Vegas 01.01.01?  Tongue

I agree that GnR Boards pop up left right and center and a majority of those won't even get a few hundred visitors, let alone a few hundred posts.

I have a good track record with SEO which I can hopefully play to GNRevolutions advantage over the coming months to see the site listed on the front page of Google for a search of "guns n roses". Of course we'd like to keep our thread open here to interest some gunners but I'm aiming to bring all of our sites traffic from the Search Engines.

The last site I worked on for a client is currently coming up at No 17 in Google out of 116,000,000 results found for that keyword. A search for Guns N Roses only brings up 2,500,000 results so it should be easy in comparison  Grin
nyd
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2007, 04:22:48 PM »

When I see boards pop up that bare a striking resemblance it makes me wonder if they realize any of this.

We could easily have added the usual shit like band history, member biographies etc but as you pointed out Hell has most of this stuff covered already (history covered very well I have to add  ok).

We are trying to offer fans some extra features not found on other boards, and we will continue to work on new ideas over the coming days/weeks/months. At present I believe we are the only GnR board to offer multiple GNR skins, an idea that we are developing further because it has proved popular.

Click thumbnails to enlarge:

Buckethead Skin         Bumblefoot Skin           Izzy Skin                  UseYourIllusion_1 Skin (Under Devel)

Another feature not found on other GnR Boards (at least, I've never seen it used before) is the ability for our members to add themselves to the world map.

If anyone wants to sign up then they are more than welcome  beer We're working hard on the site to try and provide something that fans will enjoy visiting, whether it is an occasional one off visit or as a regular poster.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2007, 04:34:12 PM »

You do nice work.

You're right, screen shots can always be faked.

It's a shame that you have one internal problem that will always work against you.

^Who would do such a Juvenile, Assinine, Malicious, Egotistical, Stupid thing?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2007, 01:56:40 AM »

I like the Robin skin.  ok  post a screenshot of that one.
nyd
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2007, 04:36:45 AM »

I like the Robin skin.  ok  post a screenshot of that one.

No prob, this is a screenshot of the homepage as seen through the Robin skin.

All skins can be previewed by guests using the drop-down menu as seen in the screenshot.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2007, 03:50:28 AM »

HERETODAYGONETOHELL.ORG-You snooze, you lose!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: