Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 05:17:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Petition to get GN'R @ Rock In Rio Lisbon 2008
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Petition to get GN'R @ Rock In Rio Lisbon 2008  (Read 9285 times)
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2007, 09:19:30 PM »

I think performance wise, 2006 wins.   The band was much tighter at that show.  But if you are watching the DVD's you're going to think 2001 is better because the sound isn't mutilated.  2001 also had that mystique about it where it was new.   Both great moments in GNR history imo.
CryGirl
Headliner

Love's so estranged...

« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2007, 08:13:55 AM »

yeah, in 2006 the sound was only mutilated on TV, which had nothing to do with the live sound, at the concert. Wink

Fuck the press! Axl's the BEST!

www.gunsnrosesportugal.com
Bobarcord
On The Steps of The Cathedral
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2007, 04:04:11 PM »

yeah, in 2006 the sound was only mutilated on TV, which had nothing to do with the live sound, at the concert. Wink

Yeah the web broadcast  was all jacked up . Not a good representation of the event.

CD will be out when it's out. ....
CryGirl
Headliner

Love's so estranged...

« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2007, 05:46:47 PM »

It was "Sic Radical" channel's fault. Not only on the broadcast, but on TV too.
I don't if it happened during the whole day of the event, but I have GN'R and The Darkness (who performed before GN'R) videos of each concert and the sound killed me...
But, fortunately, it wasn't the case at the show. Cool

Fuck the press! Axl's the BEST!

www.gunsnrosesportugal.com
Fortus
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2007, 06:46:13 AM »

Crygirl if you want to get more sign for GNR in madrid next year, delete the VR thing..
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2007, 07:16:44 AM »

Sorry, no sign up. I can't wait to see the band again, but I really want the album before they do so. Anything else is in the meantime is a distraction.

Here today...ready to rock
Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2007, 07:57:16 AM »

Can't blame people for trying, but petitions are generally quite ineffective.  I've lost track of the number of petitions I've seen trying to get Manowar to come back to the UK, and its not happened.

It would would probably be more effective to write directly to the orginisers and get more people to do it independantly.

Welcome to the ZooFarm: www.myspace.com/dannycockrach

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
GUNNER
Rocker

son of a gun

« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2007, 12:35:24 PM »

Sorry to insist but, as a Gunner, i'm a believer ... and i think it's possible ... If I didn't believe i wouldn't be for 16 years awaiting for an album and had not waited 14 years to see a live show.

That's way i signed this petition... i belive.

You guys are asking to take VR and Metallica of this petition... it seems that you didn't get in which context this petition was made... don't forget that this is a petition to RIR...? If you want to take those bands out of this petition, then the petition will make no sense? ... It would make more sense to do a petition to get a GN'R Tour only in Stadiums, far from festivals... an album it's required to to that? Wink

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2007, 01:04:45 PM »

If you want to take those bands out of this petition, then the petition will make no sense  ... It would make more sense to do a petition to get a GN'R Tour only in Stadiums, far from festivals

why?  Huh

Sorry but I am not interested in seeing VR there. That's like wanting to make things awkward.
GUNNER
Rocker

son of a gun

« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2007, 07:18:30 AM »

... and it seems to me that you are not interessed in seeing GN'R too...

Sorry guys, but i can't understand how some people self-called fans can refuse to sign a petiton to get GN'R in RIR...

Just imagine that Mr. Medina could get GN'R and VR in RIR, at the same day....  you would refuse to go to the show due to VR?  Huh

Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2007, 08:43:39 AM »

I think performance wise, 2006 wins.? ?The band was much tighter at that show.? But if you are watching the DVD's you're going to think 2001 is better because the sound isn't mutilated.? 2001 also had that mystique about it where it was new.? ?Both great moments in GNR history imo.
I was one of the fortunate one's who experienced 06 live, it was by far a great show, and I must say the best sounding I have ever attended.  The music was so loud and clear, standing there u could litteraly feel the music within, unfortunately I can't compare it to 01 cuz I wasn't there.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
jaypayton
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2007, 09:39:32 AM »

Sorry guys, but i can't understand how some people self-called fans can refuse to sign a petiton to get GN'R in RIR...

Just imagine that Mr. Medina could get GN'R and VR in RIR, at the same day....? you would refuse to go to the show due to VR?? Huh

Because having GNR play RIR does nothing for us american fans...how about signing a petition to release the album~
izzbo
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2007, 10:31:16 AM »

Sorry but after reading what I could of it, I'm not signing it. For one its not an offical petetion. And second I don't see GNR and Velvet Revolver playing before or after each other on the same night. Maybe different nights. Sorry.
amy.

I don't understand why you want VR to be there as the opening act. Unless you think there'll be a "GN'R reunion" there?

The petition itself I could understand, we all wanna see GN'R! But then you start wishing for VR to be there and it's just too much....

Sorry, but I think it went from something I could understand to just stupid.

/jarmo

I got to say I'm on the same side as these guys. Why Velvet Revolver playing on the same night?

Oh pelase, c'mon...
It's only a petition made by a fan, which will be sent to the R.I.R. website.
What's the problem with helping other fans from another country? I don't get it...
And, YES, it will be impossible to have all those bands together at the same event,
but at least they will see what bands people are willing to watch live here.
Because this is suppose to be a rock n' roll event, we don't see the point in having Ivete Sangalo, Alejandro Sanz or Juanes in it! It's almost absurd to think about it... Sad

I know this is just a fan made petition to be sent to the Rock In Rio site and it's not a big deal, etc ... but why even bother wasting your time on something as unpractical as this. As soon as the Rock in Rio staff receives it, they will hit the delete button because as you stated,

it will be impossible to have all those bands together at the same event

If your friend is going to put a petition together, have it be for something that actually has a chance of happening and will be taken seriously. And if the petition is to have more rock music at Rock in Rio, why not state that instead of beating around the bush by suggesting that Velvet Revolver play the same day as GNR? This just seems too unfocused to be taken seriously. Also, you might want to suggest to your friend to touch up the English a bit b/c a casual fan that speaks only English who happens to come across this won't have any idea what this petition is trying to get across. Just some suggestions ...

-= iZZbo =-
GUNNER
Rocker

son of a gun

« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2007, 11:11:54 AM »

Because having GNR play RIR does nothing for us american fans...

Thank's a lot for your cooperation, mate ...

If my belly button was the center of the world, i never would have done this petition (i don't even like VR that much) ... I would have done a petition to get GNR playing in my home, exclusively.

I am very surprised with the selfishness that some fans showed at this thread...   rant

how about signing a petition to release the album

Send me the link ... i will sign it?
Btw ... a petition directed to who? To Axl himself? Ridiculous...

Also, you might want to suggest to your friend to touch up the English a bit b/c a casual fan that speaks only English who happens to come across this won't have any idea what this petition is trying to get across. Just some suggestions ...

I have to tell you that RIR will happen in Portugal and Spain ... that's why this petition was drafted in Portuguese ... the text that is written in English is the result of an automatic translation, as it is noted at the end of that same text..... i didn't translated it...

But you still have some reason ... do you know why my english it's not that good? Because i'm portuguese ... that's why ... and because i have to know portuguese and....  english, french, spanish, italian ... if you know why i mean...

btw... what does "b/c" means, in good english?  Tongue

Thank's for your suggestions anyway...

izzbo
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2007, 11:27:01 AM »

Also, you might want to suggest to your friend to touch up the English a bit b/c a casual fan that speaks only English who happens to come across this won't have any idea what this petition is trying to get across. Just some suggestions ...

I have to tell you that RIR will happen in Portugal and Spain ... that's why this petition was drafted in Portuguese ... the text that is written in English is the result of an automatic translation, as it is noted at the end of that same text..... i didn't translated it...

But you still have some reason ... do you know why my english it's not that good? Because i'm portuguese ... that's why ... and because i have to know portuguese and....? english, french, spanish, italian ... if you know why i mean...

btw... what does "b/c" means, in good english?? Tongue

Thank's for your suggestions anyway...

I'm not dissing you or you English skills, just trying to help your cause (I guess that is where email and message boards fail, it is hard to convey the context in which you are speaking). Hell, I can only fluently speak one language, so you have me beat. I thought the more people that signed your petition the better and wasn't aware that you only intended on having local residents sign the petition. The way I see it is we all benefit if GNR plays Rio again. I was just pointing out that a lot of the translation didn't make sense, and if a English speaking user was browsing petitions and came across it, they might ignore it rather than sign it b/c of the confusion, that was all.

-= iZzBo =-
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2007, 02:18:45 PM »

Just imagine that Mr. Medina could get GN'R and VR in RIR, at the same day....  you would refuse to go to the show due to VR?  Huh

BS. I'd definitely skip the opener. I could even skip the fes and see other GNR shows instead.

But that won't happen and it's not the reason I can't agree to this petition.

It's nothing to do with selfishness.
If you think everyone is obliged to help you to see your fav bands at once at your local festival, you're selfish.
Imagine if a German girl insists that every GNR fan should sign on a petition she draws up for her dearest TOKIO hotel's Rock Am Ring appearance alongside of GNR and?..actually I wouldn't mind signing for this one tho..

I just can't see the 3 in one idea being acceptable to either band. You might not mean it but it's rather like harassing them. Isn't it selfish not to show consideration for the bands?
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2007, 02:57:35 PM »

signed it! Smiley i'm number 198 peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
GUNNER
Rocker

son of a gun

« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2007, 04:55:04 PM »

In U.S.A. you have many opportunities to see GNR live ... in the rest of the world it's not like that ... i think it is a little bit selfish if a fan, who has so many opportunities to see GNR live, don't cares with all the fans in the world who don't have the same opportunities ... I would like to see the band touring around the world again, playing for all the fans ...

If you think everyone is obliged  to help you

I don't think like that... i don't even asked you that ....
You are not obliged to do nothing ... you are a U.S.  free citizen  ok

I just can't see the 3 in one idea being acceptable to either band. You might not mean it but it's rather like harassing them. Isn't it selfish not to show consideration for the bands?

This is beginning to become comic ...

This is just a petition to RIR ... If RIR's organization find this idea interesting, they only have to contact the bands whom are free to accept or not ... if anyone isn't showing any consideration for those bands, isn't me ... i respect them... i would like to see them ... i signed the petition ...

Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2007, 05:09:42 PM »

Just imagine that Mr. Medina could get GN'R and VR in RIR, at the same day....? you would refuse to go to the show due to VR?? Huh

Because having GNR play RIR does nothing for us american fans...how about signing a petition to release the album~

Lol that was? kinda? selfish but ok.? ok

I don?t see whats the whole problem of this petition guys... just slow down. Rock in Rio is a festival which lasts some 4 days with many bands playing in it. Just because Velvet are on the petition it doesn?t mean they will play in the same day as Guns! Just think about it, for me and many people having those two bands in the same festival, even in different days would be just fucking awesome! As to Metallica, I?ve seen them some months ago and all I can say is that it was (and I?m not a fan) the best show I?ve ever been too. So I?m really looking forward to see them also on RiR as they were in 2004.? Wink

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2007, 05:11:17 PM »

In U.S.A. you have many opportunities to see GNR live ... in the rest of the world it's not like that ... i think it is a little bit selfish if a fan, who has so many opportunities to see GNR live, don't cares with all the fans in the world who don't have the same opportunities ... I would like to see the band touring around the world again, playing for all the fans ...

If you think everyone is obliged? to help you

I don't think like that... i don't even asked you that ....
You are not obliged to do nothing ... you are a U.S.? free citizen? ok

This is beginning to become comic ...

This is just a petition to RIR ... If RIR's organization find this idea interesting, they only have to contact the bands whom are free to accept or not ... if anyone isn't showing any consideration for those bands, isn't me ... i respect them... i would like to see them ... i signed the petition ...

lol don?t worry mate... it?s just that everything in here has always to be so damn complicated.  hihi

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: