Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 14, 2024, 11:50:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228041 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  The Slash autobiography thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 78 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Slash autobiography thread  (Read 209481 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2007, 03:28:10 PM »

From an interview with Slash that was posted today in the New Times Broward/Palm Beach...

In addition, he's written an autobiography that he hopes will set the record straight about his past and present. Trouble is, he admits that he "can't remember three-quarters of what went on."  Maybe that Rolling Stone article can refresh his memory.

Huh

http://www.browardpalmbeach.com/2007-10-04/music/velvet-revolver-seeks-libertad/

« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 04:01:47 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2007, 07:20:18 PM »

From an interview with Slash that was posted today in the New Times Broward/Palm Beach...

In addition, he's written an autobiography that he hopes will set the record straight about his past and present. Trouble is, he admits that he "can't remember three-quarters of what went on."  Maybe that Rolling Stone article can refresh his memory.

Huh

http://www.browardpalmbeach.com/2007-10-04/music/velvet-revolver-seeks-libertad/

That's what makes me curious...

How can he write an autobiography and set the record straight when he can't remember most of the stuff that happened back then?

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2007, 07:30:29 PM »

Huh

How can he write an autobiography and set the record straight when he can't remember most of the stuff that happened back then?

And it's gonna be labeled as "the truth" by some people here.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2007, 07:42:11 PM »

In addition, he's written an autobiography that he hopes will set the record straight about his past and present. Trouble is, he admits that he "can't remember three-quarters of what went on."? Maybe that Rolling Stone article can refresh his memory.

Huh

Excellent question. 

The answer is simple:  He can't set the record straight if he can't remember what went on.

Ali
Ali
Legend

« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2007, 07:43:21 PM »

sounds like he's preemptively excusing what the books gonna say.? hihi

I think it could be that indeed.  We'll be able to better tell when the book comes out.

Ali
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #65 on: October 04, 2007, 02:56:36 AM »

In addition, he's written an autobiography that he hopes will set the record straight about his past and present. Trouble is, he admits that he "can't remember three-quarters of what went on." Maybe that Rolling Stone article can refresh his memory.

Huh

well, he's obviously only written about what he remembers...

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2007, 02:57:59 AM »

In addition, he's written an autobiography that he hopes will set the record straight about his past and present. Trouble is, he admits that he "can't remember three-quarters of what went on." Maybe that Rolling Stone article can refresh his memory.

Huh

And it's gonna be labeled as "the truth" by some people here.

/jarmo

it will be our "bible".

NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #67 on: October 04, 2007, 04:07:39 AM »

shit, can't wait to read this!
wonder what store will have it here in Brussels though, and when.

Probably Waterstone, down in the center, boulevard Anspach Wink

oh yeah! I know Waterstone. didn't think of that, thanks man!
Fnac will probably get it too, don't you think?

Yeah probably. I'm sure we'll be able to find it yes

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #68 on: October 04, 2007, 04:56:44 AM »

^ yeah, just hope we'll find it at the release date, and not a month after.

Ali
Legend

« Reply #69 on: October 04, 2007, 11:01:42 AM »

Huh

well, he's obviously only written about what he remembers...

Really?  How do you know that?  Have you received an advanced copy of the book?

Ali
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2007, 11:05:07 AM »

Lol the book ain?t come out yet and there are already people bitching about it. Amazing! You don?t even give it a chance...

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #71 on: October 04, 2007, 11:07:33 AM »

Lol the book ain?t come out yet and there are already people bitching about it. Amazing! You don?t even give it a chance...

Will you at least admit that your hero's book would seem a bit more legit if he didn't admit that he can't remember 3/4 of the things that happened?

Maybe this book is about the 1/4 he remembers....  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #72 on: October 04, 2007, 11:11:27 AM »

Will you at least admit that your hero's book would seem a bit more legit if he didn't admit that he can't remember 3/4 of the things that happened?

Maybe this book is about the 1/4 he remembers....? hihi

/jarmo

lol my hero... liked that  ok Well again... let?s just wait for the book. And god, even if that?s so... he was there all along... we for sure weren?t so... if there will be people who will know it?s all "bullshit" will be the guys who were with him back then... (including Duff, Axl etc)... not us for certain.

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2007, 11:30:47 AM »

So you won't admit, that if somebody says he/she can't remember 75% of what happened during the era that he/she is gonna tell the readers about, that it isn't a good sign?

I finished Nikki Sixx's book last week and considering the state he was in, he managed to get a book out too. But he had kept a diary and the book often includes comments from others who were there (managers, friends etc.). But it's not a book about making him look cool or setting the record straight....

/jarmo

Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #74 on: October 04, 2007, 11:38:46 AM »

he may not remember 75% of it, but fuck sake he hired a body guard for when he was drunk/high, so i guess that guy would have been able to tell him alot of things, he also clearly still speaks to duff matt adler and izzy so i'm sure they can fill him in on alot of things as well.

it's not hard to find things out when you're still in regular contact with the majority of people who were around you when they were happening is it.

some people however will just use any excuse to take a jab at someone, it's fucking pathetic, simple logic, if you can't remember what happened ask someone else that was there.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2007, 11:48:44 AM »

he may not remember 75% of it, but fuck sake he hired a body guard for when he was drunk/high, so i guess that guy would have been able to tell him alot of things, he also clearly still speaks to duff matt adler and izzy so i'm sure they can fill him in on alot of things as well.

it's not hard to find things out when you're still in regular contact with the majority of people who were around you when they were happening is it.

some people however will just use any excuse to take a jab at someone, it's fucking pathetic, simple logic, if you can't remember what happened ask someone else that was there.

Yeah, sorry for being sceptical about it...  Roll Eyes

Ali
Legend

« Reply #76 on: October 04, 2007, 11:50:56 AM »

I understand, but asking someone else what happened to fill in the blanks for you does NOT make for a true, accurate AUTOBIOGRAPHY.

Ali
Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #77 on: October 04, 2007, 11:52:04 AM »

So you won't admit, that if somebody says he/she can't remember 75% of what happened during the era that he/she is gonna tell the readers about, that it isn't a good sign?

/jarmo

God... why does everything has to be so problematic in here? ?Everybody knows Slash?s past. Are we going to get through that now? ?I can easily figure out some posts coming next "Oh... he was drunk all the time, he almost died! He was always stoned!" Really?? ?Shocked Didn?t know that. ?no Damn... I thought Slash was a completely different person... ?Yeah... he can?t remember much of his past... so doesn?t Duff and he?s thinking of writing a book too... will that be bad as well?

I?m a Gn?R fan. If anything Gn?R related comes out... I?ll buy it. Let it be a Slash?s book or the Reckless Road one. I?ll buy it and I?m glad everytime something about Gn?R comes out.

You?re already spreading negativity over the book... "oh he can?t remember much of his past. that ain?t a good sign." Well it isn?t.... you?re right. But that won?t stop me buying the book of my "hero" or whatever.

But it's not a book about making him look cool or setting the record straight....

/jarmo

Tell me... have you read Slash?s book? You?re already pre-judging it! Let it be released. Read it! Then... you can give us your opinion on it.

And again... the people who will KNOW if he?s speaking the truth or not will not be you or me or any Gn?R fan... will be the guys who were with him back then... All that will come from us will be pure speculation.

Just_Me
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #78 on: October 04, 2007, 11:55:59 AM »

This reminds me of a lot of the topics on Chinese Democracy, all this talk of people jumping to conclusions and judging something before they know anything about it and how stupid, biased and unfair it is.
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #79 on: October 04, 2007, 12:08:35 PM »

wait for something to be released before you fucking pass judegement on it, rather than fucking whine because slash can't remember 75% of what he did on a 3 year tour.

and honestly some of the hypocrisy on here is astounding.

how about we focus on the 25%, you know the positive side of things, or is it ok to be negative about slash but not about axl?

because lord knows if you moan about 80% of gnr being gone, you'd soon be gone from this board.

jarmo you're as bad as all the stupid axl haters on this board saying CD will be crap without having heard it.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 78 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: