Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 12:23:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Velvet Revolver Axe Aussie Tour For Health Reasons
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Velvet Revolver Axe Aussie Tour For Health Reasons  (Read 15829 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #80 on: December 07, 2007, 04:43:01 PM »

When pressed about the nature of illness believed to be affecting two band members, McKagan agreed it was partly due to an exhaustive international tour schedule this year.

"(Exhaustion) has a lot to do with it, it really does. There are a couple of issues health-wise that have been coming to a head and everything will be rectified. These guys are resilient.''

Two members?

Let's see, Duff is doing interviews and never mentioned being tired while Slash is flying around the world promoting his book. Those two don't seem exhausted.

Scott was arrested, that's a possible cause.

Dave Kushner exhausted? Maybe.

Matt Sorum?

/jarmo

I wonder if both member have the same mystery illness?

It is really surprising that Duff did not get advanced notice that the tour was cancelled.  So he read it on the internet like the rest of us? no

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #81 on: December 08, 2007, 03:11:33 AM »

I guess time will tell. According to Velvet Revolver's website... New Australian dates, expected to be between January and March of next year, will be announced on Monday.

So we will know on Monday. Wink

Has anyone seen the new dates?

Fri 02/15/08   South Bank, AUS  Brisbane Convention Centre   

Sat 02/16/08   Sydney, AUS  Enmore Theatre   

Sun 02/17/08   Sydney, AUS  Enmore Theatre   

Tue 02/19/08   West Melbourne, AUS  Festival Hall   

Wed 02/20/08   Adelaide, AUS  Thebarton Theatre   

%ibelieveinaxl

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #82 on: December 10, 2007, 10:29:16 AM »

Are these dates confirmed?

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #83 on: December 10, 2007, 11:22:07 AM »

I mean, it seems you need to respond and question every comment that comes from VR. I mean, illness happens on tours, right?

It seems like you need to respond to every other post I make. If I was paranoid, I'd say you're following me around. Weird.

Yes, illness happens on tours. Yet their official web site never gave out any particular reasons for the canceled shows.

By the way, they weren't actually on tour when this illness occurred.

I mean, Axl got sick a few times on the last tour, right? He cancelled some gigs at the last minute in the midwest, right? He had to end one of the london shows early, right? I didn't hear any comments about that from you.

Different scenario.

I thought it was quite obvious, that when GN'R sent out a press release stating the show was canceled due to illness, it was different that having your singer arrested and then mentioning exhaustion in interviews.

/jarmo

I think it's the same as when Gn'r cancelled yours because of Buckethead's misterious illness... only not as bad... and at least VR aren't saying they only knew they had a tour because they found out about it later in the internet...

Chinese Democracy!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #84 on: December 10, 2007, 08:10:06 PM »

This is why maybe they should be more specific...

VELVET REVOLVER POSTPONE AUSTRALIAN TOUR

2007-12-10

VELVET REVOLVER have rescheduled their postponed Australian tour due to unspecified "health issues".

The rockers were scheduled to start dates Down Under last week (ends07Dec07), but will now head to Australia in February (08).  Of the health issues, bassist Duff McKagan says, "(Exhaustion) has a lot to do with it, it really does. There are a couple of issues health-wise that have been coming to a head and everything will be rectified." The news comes following revelations that guitarist Slash once had a pacemaker fitted to his heart.

In his new autobiography, Slash, the rock legend reveals, "There was a certain kind of a slow, impending doom with that. I was very uncomfortable and basically pretty miserable, but working through it for a while, and then finally decided to go to the doctor.  "The next thing you know, you know, I'm looking at, 'You're gonna die in six days to six weeks,' or whatever." Japanese dates have also been scrapped, but Christmas and New Year dates in America, including a New Year's Eve (31Dec07) concert in New York, will go ahead.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #85 on: December 10, 2007, 08:15:07 PM »

i doubt its slash having health problems seeing as he's been doing his book tour/promotion prety heavily.
kobys
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #86 on: December 10, 2007, 08:22:23 PM »

i doubt its slash having health problems seeing as he's been doing his book tour/promotion prety heavily.

It seems to me that Slash is probably taking care of himself these days since he's been clean and sober. I sure hope he stays that way.

I'm a Ronald Reagan conservative and damn proud of it!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #87 on: December 10, 2007, 08:50:33 PM »

I agree...but maybe that is why they should be more specific.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: