Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 01:08:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228016 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Velvet Revolver Axe Aussie Tour For Health Reasons
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Velvet Revolver Axe Aussie Tour For Health Reasons  (Read 15884 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2007, 02:23:35 AM »

I guess time will tell. According to Velvet Revolver's website... New Australian dates, expected to be between January and March of next year, will be announced on Monday.

So we will know on Monday. Wink

Has anyone seen the new dates?

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
twatty
Headliner

« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2007, 06:16:15 AM »

The new dates haven't been announced yet

Do you know where the f**k you are?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2007, 11:06:50 AM »

The new dates haven't been announced yet

Weren't they supposed to be announced yesterday (Monday)?

Obviously something came up......

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #63 on: December 04, 2007, 01:07:22 PM »

^ Guess it wasn't a lie promice or a guarentee.

Hope they are able to reschedule for march....vr is awesome live and i have tix....
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #64 on: December 04, 2007, 01:16:17 PM »

http://www.eonline.com/news/article/index.jsp?uuid=0d9eb13d-c651-439d-a2c0-7e6375be23a9&sid=fd-hot5-txt

Velvet Revolver hit the road in support of its hit album, Libertad, in August in Baltimore. The overseas dates proved the hardest to keep. After Japan ruled out a visit, Australia got shelved. The band announced last week that its five Down Under dates, scheduled to get rolling Tuesday, were being postponed until early next year. "Personal reasons"?unrelated to the Weiland arrest?were cited by band management on Monday for the delayed Australia concerts.

Huh

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #65 on: December 04, 2007, 01:26:59 PM »

So there's more issues going on in the VR camp? Huh

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
twatty
Headliner

« Reply #66 on: December 04, 2007, 05:59:46 PM »

If you check my previous post the promotors told me the new dates should be announced within 48 hours which means they should be announced today! I'm not holding my breath though!

twatty
Headliner

« Reply #67 on: December 05, 2007, 10:45:37 PM »

New Sydney dates announced today Sat 16th and Sun 17th February, not sure of any others just yet.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2007, 09:38:11 AM »

VELVET REVOLVER Bassist Says 'Exhaustion' Contributed To Australian Tour Postponement - Dec. 7, 2007

VELVET Revolver's Duff McKagan has promised their Australian fans they will tour Australia in February after suddenly postponing this week's visit after frontman Scott Weiland was busted for DUI.

The bassist also said "health issues'' had contributed to rescheduling the Australian tour.

Weiland's reps have said the singer, who has been down the wobbly road of arrests and rehab before, denies the allegations and will contest the DUI charge in a Los Angeles court on December 13.

McKagan said he was unsure if Weiland was prohibited from trvaelling after his arrest and suggested the postponement was more due to the mysterious health issues.

"We found out (the tour was off) when everybody found out,'' he said yesterday.

"That is the first time I have ever had to postpone a tour in my whole career so I'm really glad we have been able to get these new gigs organised.''

When pressed about the nature of illness believed to be affecting two band members, McKagan agreed it was partly due to an exhaustive international tour schedule this year.

"(Exhaustion) has a lot to do with it, it really does. There are a couple of issues health-wise that have been coming to a head and everything will be rectified. These guys are resilient.''

The band's Australian promoter is yet to confirm the new dates for the Velvet Revolver concerts at the Enmore Theatre.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,22886876-5012980,00.html
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 09:55:19 AM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2007, 10:14:34 AM »

When pressed about the nature of illness believed to be affecting two band members, McKagan agreed it was partly due to an exhaustive international tour schedule this year.

"(Exhaustion) has a lot to do with it, it really does. There are a couple of issues health-wise that have been coming to a head and everything will be rectified. These guys are resilient.''

Two members?

Let's see, Duff is doing interviews and never mentioned being tired while Slash is flying around the world promoting his book. Those two don't seem exhausted.

Scott was arrested, that's a possible cause.

Dave Kushner exhausted? Maybe.

Matt Sorum?

/jarmo

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2007, 11:01:33 AM »

Two members?

Let's see, Duff is doing interviews and never mentioned being tired while Slash is flying around the world promoting his book. Those two don't seem exhausted.

Matt Sorum?

/jarmo

What could Matt be tired from?   hihi

ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #71 on: December 07, 2007, 11:02:46 AM »

Two members?

Matt Sorum?

/jarmo

Who cares? I mean, it seems you need to respond and question every comment that comes from VR. I mean, illness happens on tours, right? I mean, Axl got sick a few times on the last tour, right? He cancelled some gigs at the last minute in the midwest, right? He had to end one of the london shows early, right? I didn't hear any comments about that from you. For someone that went to VR shows and now is constantly bashing them, i dont get it. VR is not my thing at all, but for people that like them, that's great. Just because they are not my thing, i am not gonna go out of my way and bash them.

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #72 on: December 07, 2007, 11:04:40 AM »

VELVET REVOLVER Bassist Says 'Exhaustion' Contributed To Australian Tour Postponement - Dec. 7, 2007

The bassist also said "health issues'' had contributed to rescheduling the Australian tour.

"We found out (the tour was off) when everybody found out,'' he said yesterday.

Isn't this kinda contradictory? ?Duff knew there were "health issues" but they found out the tour was off when everybody else did?? ?confused

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #73 on: December 07, 2007, 11:11:42 AM »

I think he is just saying he knew that whomever in the band he is talking about was ill or exhausted, not that he was aware it was going to affect the tour.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #74 on: December 07, 2007, 11:16:56 AM »

Who cares?

The Australian fans?

You?

I mean, it seems you need to respond and question every comment that comes from VR. I mean, illness happens on tours, right?

It seems like you need to respond to every other post I make. If I was paranoid, I'd say you're following me around. Weird.

Yes, illness happens on tours. Yet their official web site never gave out any particular reasons for the canceled shows.

By the way, they weren't actually on tour when this illness occurred.

I mean, Axl got sick a few times on the last tour, right? He cancelled some gigs at the last minute in the midwest, right? He had to end one of the london shows early, right? I didn't hear any comments about that from you.

Different scenario.

I thought it was quite obvious, that when GN'R sent out a press release stating the show was canceled due to illness, it was different that having your singer arrested and then mentioning exhaustion in interviews.

For someone that went to VR shows and now is constantly bashing them, i dont get it. VR is not my thing at all, but for people that like them, that's great. Just because they are not my thing, i am not gonna go out of my way and bash them.

No, you do something similar with GN'R on a GN'R fan site.

So please stop acting all mighty. Smiley

I also saw Adler's Appetite. Am I not allowed to comment on the fact that I think the canceled AA tours were a bit of a mess because of that?

You find all kinds of weird meanings in a lot of GN'R related things, yet when it comes to VR you see nothing wrong or out of order. That's somewhat puzzling to me.

It sucks for the fans that these shows were canceled and just like with Slash's "pneumonia" in 2001, maybe these fans will get to know the reason(s) one day.

/jarmo

ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2007, 11:24:14 AM »

Who cares?

The Australian fans?

You?

I mean, it seems you need to respond and question every comment that comes from VR. I mean, illness happens on tours, right?

It seems like you need to respond to every other post I make. If I was paranoid, I'd say you're following me around. Weird.

Yes, illness happens on tours. Yet their official web site never gave out any particular reasons for the canceled shows.

By the way, they weren't actually on tour when this illness occurred.

I mean, Axl got sick a few times on the last tour, right? He cancelled some gigs at the last minute in the midwest, right? He had to end one of the london shows early, right? I didn't hear any comments about that from you.

Different scenario.

I thought it was quite obvious, that when GN'R sent out a press release stating the show was canceled due to illness, it was different that having your singer arrested and then mentioning exhaustion in interviews.

For someone that went to VR shows and now is constantly bashing them, i dont get it. VR is not my thing at all, but for people that like them, that's great. Just because they are not my thing, i am not gonna go out of my way and bash them.

No, you do something similar with GN'R on a GN'R fan site.

So please stop acting all mighty. Smiley

I also saw Adler's Appetite. Am I not allowed to comment on the fact that I think the canceled AA tours were a bit of a mess because of that?

You find all kinds of weird meanings in a lot of GN'R related things, yet when it comes to VR you see nothing wrong or out of order. That's somewhat puzzling to me.

It sucks for the fans that these shows were canceled and just like with Slash's "pneumonia" in 2001, maybe these fans will get to know the reason(s) one day.

/jarmo

dude, im not following you around, but i do find the need to respond to you to have some balance on this board. who ever disagrees with you, you either ban them, delete their posts, or mock their posts. i am not a VR fan at all. i havent gone to their shows like you and i dont need to defend them at all because i dont care. thing is, no matter what, you always want to tear them down. but even though i dont like them, i dont go out of my way to tear them down. and when i said "who cares," above, what i meant was, just leave them alone and stop jabbing at them. they are sick or whatever, so i said "who cares." stay out of their pool. like you say, and i really like this one, "Does VR piss in your cereal.?" Of course it sucks for the fans that will not to get to see them play that enjoy them. just like it sucked when gnr cancelled shows in 2001, 2002, 2006, and 2007 and the fans didnt get to see those shows.

/ibelieveinaxl

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #76 on: December 07, 2007, 11:40:06 AM »

dude, im not following you around, but i do find the need to respond to you to have some balance on this board. who ever disagrees with you, you either ban them, delete their posts, or mock their posts.

You? Balance? Amusing.

Plenty of people disagree with me. There's two kinds of people who disagree with me, the one who have to resort to insults (those usually get banned) and those who can present their opinion in a normal way.

You seem to turn to insults when you have nothing to say. Even if you tend to keep it private.

Yes, I occasionally use humor as a way to show how absurd some posts are. Like the guy who claimed I compared VR fans to nazis...  rofl

i am not a VR fan at all. i havent gone to their shows like you and i dont need to defend them at all because i dont care.

Why are you in this section?

I don't care about VR on certain levels, but I pay attention to what they say. Because so much of it has to do with the band this site is dedicated to.

thing is, no matter what, you always want to tear them down. but even though i dont like them, i dont go out of my way to tear them down. and when i said "who cares," above, what i meant was, just leave them alone and stop jabbing at them. they are sick or whatever, so i said "who cares." stay out of their pool. like you say, and i really like this one, "Does VR piss in your cereal.?" Of course it sucks for the fans that will not to get to see them play that enjoy them. just like it sucked when gnr cancelled shows in 2001, 2002, 2006, and 2007 and the fans didnt get to see those shows.

People can like what band they wish. I couldn't care less if you listen to the Spice Girls or VR.

That's not the issue. Music is a matter of personal taste.

I merely comment on the things that make no sense to me. Things the public are told, or not told.

Did you read what Duff said? He even was unsure if Scott's arrest made it impossible for him to travel.

Now, that alone could've postponed the tour. But they didn't say that..... Instead it's blamed on these mysterious illnesses.

Hopefully they can get that cleared soon.

You say you're here to balance the situation. Well, maybe I'm doing the same along with a few other GN'R fans who don't believe everything that comes out of the VR camp?  hihi

/ibelieveinaxl

Copycat.  Tongue

/jarmo

ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #77 on: December 07, 2007, 11:45:28 AM »

Copycat.? Tongue

/jarmo

yes, you got me there. i like that you put the "slash" next to your name. i definitely copied that. you should be flattered.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #78 on: December 07, 2007, 11:51:14 AM »

yes, you got me there. i like that you put the "slash" next to your name. i definitely copied that. you should be flattered.

I'll even explain why!

It's like when you write a letter, you know by hand, you tend to sign it..... 

So it's like a signature thing, the end of the letter or in this case post, or in other cases a PM or an e-mail.

It became a habit over eleven years ago when I first got e-mail so now I do it automatically without thinking.....

/jarmo

ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #79 on: December 07, 2007, 12:21:31 PM »

I'll even explain why!

It's like when you write a letter, you know by hand, you tend to sign it.....?

So it's like a signature thing, the end of the letter or in this case post, or in other cases a PM or an e-mail.

It became a habit over eleven years ago when I first got e-mail so now I do it automatically without thinking.....

/jarmo

hey, its all good. i thought it was cool, so i copied it. im guilty.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: