Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 01:10:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Velvet Revolver Axe Aussie Tour For Health Reasons
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Velvet Revolver Axe Aussie Tour For Health Reasons  (Read 15830 times)
twatty
Headliner

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2007, 03:19:07 AM »

That really pisses me off, I hope my airfares and accomodation can be "postponed" !

Do you know where the f**k you are?
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2007, 06:43:42 AM »

I know alot of people don't like Scott, but sometimes it seems as if people are willing him to get back on the dope. Whatever your views on drug addicts, him as a musician and so on, if you watch that VH1 VR thing you have to show the dude some respect for how he managed to turn his life around, save his marriage, get clean, get a new successful band and so on.

agreed agreed.  And I hope that they do honour this aussie tour as soon as they can.  shame for all those who had bought tickets and expensive flights.  Hope the health issues are sorted out too, any time i hear a sniff of health probs or rehab in Vr, scott isnt the one I think of.  I hope this is no death rattle, I really enjoy VR live.
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2007, 09:16:39 AM »

Damn... this is starting to frighten me... Just to picture myself not seeing them not even once! argh... let?s pray they will come safe to Europe.

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2007, 09:31:38 AM »

They have announced a new show...right before they "postpone" the Australian tour?   confused

From Velvetrevolver.com

Dec 29th New Jersey Show Just Announced, Presale Tomorrow!

Velvet Revolver will play one show leading up to their New Year's show, at the Sovereign Bank Arena in Trenton, NJ. VR Fan Club members will have access to an exclusive presale beginning TOMORROW from 9am-9pm EST. We have great seats for this show, with all presale tickets in the FIRST TEN ROWS! If you're not already a member of the VR Fan Club and you want access to this presale, JOIN NOW!

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2007, 09:54:47 AM »

They have announced a new show...right before they "postpone" the Australian tour?   confused

It's pretty obvious the shows were postponed because they weren't selling well. Remember the shows in Europe that were canceled due to "scheduling conflicts" but were later confirmed by slash's webmaster as being canceled because they weren't profitable? I wouldn't be surprised if in the next couple of months that these shows are axed for good.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2007, 10:34:14 AM »

They have announced a new show...right before they "postpone" the Australian tour?? ?confused

Something doesn't seem kosher with that!

I think the fans deserve to be given some idea why the shows are being postponed.  If it's really because they aren't profitable well that's a disgrace.  I highly doubt it's a drug relapse if they are still going to play shows at the end of December though. 
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2007, 11:23:13 AM »

I think the fans deserve to be given some idea why the shows are being postponed.?
VR said the shows are being postponed for "health reasons".? The fans aren't owed any explanation beyond that ... and I really don't need or want to hear the details about Matt Sorum's hemorrhoid problem.

It sucks for the fans who had planned to go to these shows.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2007, 12:05:38 PM »

I think the fans deserve to be given some idea why the shows are being postponed.?
VR said the shows are being postponed for "health reasons".? The fans aren't owed any explanation beyond that ... and I really don't need or want to hear the details about Matt Sorum's hemorrhoid problem.

All I mean is that it doesn't look favorably upon the band when they are postponing shows in one place and adding them in another market.  I personally don't want to read any diatribe about Matt's ass either but lack of explanation leaves too much room for speculation.  People tend to be more sympathetic when they have an idea of what's going on.  peace
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2007, 01:07:46 PM »

There's more....

Velvet Revolver, Paul Oakenfold, REO Speedwagon & more confirmed for Super Bowl parties

Megan Finnerty
The Arizona Republic
Nov. 30, 2007 12:00 AM

http://www.azcentral.com/ent/nightlife/articles/1130sb-buzz1202.html

fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2007, 01:24:04 PM »

I know alot of people don't like Scott, but sometimes it seems as if people are willing him to get back on the dope. Whatever your views on drug addicts, him as a musician and so on, if you watch that VH1 VR thing you have to show the dude some respect for how he managed to turn his life around, save his marriage, get clean, get a new successful band and so on.

If someone did have 'health issues' wouldn't it be more likely to be Slash again?

Every tour he seems to start 'clean' and by the end something seems awry, then a few months later you find he's had a 'brief relapse but all is fine now'.

Probably just delaying it to allow for better sales anyway.

I have to agree, there is more than one addict in that band without very much clean time. Though, it does suck for those that have made plans. They are starting to remind me of me when I don't want to go to work "fuck it, just call in".

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2007, 03:17:01 PM »

If it was strictly about money or tickets not selling then they could use the old "scheduling conflicts" excuse or give no reason at all.  I wouldn't think they would use the term "health issues" lightly considering the speculation and rumors that starts.  Let's hope everyone is OK.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2007, 03:30:08 PM »

I?ll be so pissed off if they don?t do an european tour....

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2007, 03:57:51 PM »

I'm wondering if its a tactic to delay the aussie shows until they can appeal the japan visa decision. Eventually they'll get back into japan, and in economic terms, even if they sold out its a long way to travel to Australia for not a lot of shows u can put on here. (Think same land mass as the usa except with hardly any cities)

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2007, 04:43:57 PM »

If it was strictly about money or tickets not selling then they could use the old "scheduling conflicts" excuse or give no reason at all.  I wouldn't think they would use the term "health issues" lightly considering the speculation and rumors that starts.  Let's hope everyone is OK.

It was the Australian media that reported the "health issues"... on Velvet Revolvers website, they do not give a reason.

How can you cancel shows from December 4-9 for "health issues" but play the show on December 12th?  The Universal City show is one of 3 shows still listed on their website.

BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2007, 07:08:08 PM »

Tick tick tick tick tick....

"This is the end, my only friend, the end..."

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2007, 07:13:22 PM »

There's more....

Velvet Revolver, Paul Oakenfold, REO Speedwagon & more confirmed for Super Bowl parties

Megan Finnerty
The Arizona Republic
Nov. 30, 2007 12:00 AM

http://www.azcentral.com/ent/nightlife/articles/1130sb-buzz1202.html

They refer to their current single as "The Last Night"  Whoops!

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
twatty
Headliner

« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2007, 08:32:21 PM »

It seems to me like they are close to a deal with their Japanese Visas and it makes sense to do Japan and Australia at the same time

Do you know where the f**k you are?
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2007, 08:54:36 PM »

It seems to me like they are close to a deal with their Japanese Visas and it makes sense to do Japan and Australia at the same time

Or, you know - they're close to imploding and the shows just aren't selling that well to reasonably make the trek.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 03:21:08 AM by BurningHills » Logged

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
williambailey
Rocker

"Axl is just another version of the Ayatollah"

« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2007, 10:20:39 PM »

It's a shame but I think this whole illness thing is bullshit, you surely couldnt' be doing these other shows so close to the Aussie dates if it was true.

I'm sorry but with lack of further information its pretty easy to draw the conclusion that perhaps ticket sales and profitability of tour dates way down here is the real reason for the cancellation.
LoliRocket
Opening Act

I am Unstoppable

« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2007, 10:47:12 PM »

This fight could be the last fight.... Undecided

Is this the end? Huh

█║▌│ █│║▌ ║││█║
αll яιgнтѕ яєѕєяνєd.
Lσlιтα..! ★ ?2009|☆

? αll тнιиgѕ αяє ρσѕѕιвlє...ι αм υиѕтσρραвlє ?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: