Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 04:47:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Study: False statements preceded war
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Study: False statements preceded war  (Read 22058 times)
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #100 on: February 07, 2008, 10:31:06 PM »

Our open borders, the decline in family values,abortion being used as a form of birth control, our dependence on an energy that we could have been off of since the Kennedy administration are all factors that will cause our demise.....

The energy issue is certainly valid, but what the hell does abortion have to do with America's standing as a superpower? 

its funny how these ant-war people have no problem with the slaughering of thousands of innocent babies...how come that never affects your liberal conscience....Abortion on demand is just pushing us further into degeneracy.....its destroying America

2.) Abortions have decreased, despite the population increasing, so the correlation is going in the wrong direction.

good point, i was just reading about this the other day.   So if abortions are going down, then the economy should start to pick up, the deficit will decrease and terrorists should like us more!

(even I don't need to insert a smiley here)

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #101 on: February 07, 2008, 11:10:59 PM »

Our open borders, the decline in family values,abortion being used as a form of birth control, our dependence on an energy that we could have been off of since the Kennedy administration are all factors that will cause our demise.....

The energy issue is certainly valid, but what the hell does abortion have to do with America's standing as a superpower? 

its funny how these ant-war people have no problem with the slaughering of thousands of innocent babies...how come that never affects your liberal conscience....Abortion on demand is just pushing us further into degeneracy.....its destroying America

abortions been around a LONG time before the US has pal.

are you telling me abortions caused 9-11, the trade deficit and the rise of terrorism?

of course not...but are you telling me that abortion being used as a form of birth control not what it should be used for is a GOOD thing...is that HELPING america in anyway?? how can people who are so concerned with the innocent lives in iraq have no regard whatsoever for the children being innocently slaughtered by parents who couldnt keep it in their pants or were too lazy to buy condoms or birth control pills...I am saying that it is bringing this country further into degeneracy...there are alot of problems in this country and alot of you just overlook them...
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #102 on: February 07, 2008, 11:13:55 PM »

of course not...but are you telling me that abortion being used as a form of birth control not what it should be used for is a GOOD thing...is that HELPING america in anyway?? how can people who are so concerned with the innocent lives in iraq have no regard whatsoever for the children being innocently slaughtered by parents who couldnt keep it in their pants or were too lazy to buy condoms or birth control pills...I am saying that it is bringing this country further into degeneracy...there are alot of problems in this country and alot of you just overlook them...

Here is a fallacy for you:

How can people so concerned life be pro-capital punishment(you can figure out which one).

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #103 on: February 07, 2008, 11:21:01 PM »

How can people so concerned life be pro-capital punishment(you can figure out which one).

I'm glad you asked that...here is the reason why pro-lifers are for capital punishment and not abortion... its because a child is innocent, a convicted killer is not....That killer has given up his right to life by completely showing disregard for anothers......its that simple.....

having said that, I am against the death penalty....but not for the same reason some of you are....I believe the death penalty is TOO SOFT a sentence to give someone.....so someone can kill a bunch of people and they die by lethal injection and just go to sleep peacefully?!?! fuck that....a convicted killer should rot in prison FOR LIFE, and while they are there they should be taken out to clean our streets and also to do any other cheap labor that illegal immigrants end up doing....there is no need to exploit illegal immigrants when we have tons of prisoners with nothing but time on their hands.....
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #104 on: February 07, 2008, 11:25:14 PM »

Tell em Steve Dave...

What about those who are on death row and may/are innocent?.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #105 on: February 07, 2008, 11:28:35 PM »

I'm glad you asked that...here is the reason why pro-lifers are for capital punishment and not abortion... its because a child is innocent, a convicted killer is not....That killer has given up his right to life by completely showing disregard for anothers......its that simple.....

Not according to Gawd.

having said that, I am against the death penalty....but not for the same reason some of you are....I believe the death penalty is TOO SOFT a sentence to give someone.....so someone can kill a bunch of people and they die by lethal injection and just go to sleep peacefully?!?! fuck that....a convicted killer should rot in prison FOR LIFE, and while they are there they should be taken out to clean our streets and also to do any other cheap labor that illegal immigrants end up doing....there is no need to exploit illegal immigrants when we have tons of prisoners with nothing but time on their hands.....

I can respect that. I will go one further, put some of the fucks in solitary ... fuck a bunch of letting them see daylight.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #106 on: February 07, 2008, 11:30:43 PM »

Tell em Steve Dave...

What about those who are on death row and may/are innocent?.

Collateral Damage!!! Grin

*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #107 on: February 07, 2008, 11:31:31 PM »

here is one better crazy make then join the military and go over to Iraqi

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #108 on: February 07, 2008, 11:40:04 PM »

I'm all for "put your money where your mouth is".

If there was a draft, I wonder how many 30 year olds, and under would be Republican.

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #109 on: February 07, 2008, 11:56:08 PM »

are you telling me abortions caused 9-11, the trade deficit and the rise of terrorism?

I don't think abortion is a good thing.  I'd much prefer that people used some form of contraception or give the child up for adoption.  I'm generally for some limits on the practice, though I think, for the most part, that it's a Constitutional issue, and I don't think we should be voting for someone based on their intent to put Justices on the SC with the intent of overturning decades of established law, with the hope of remaking the Constitution in line with their own personal morality.  I also think there'd be a lot less to gripe about if the GOP would stop their tactics of abstinence only education, which is proven to be ineffective.  Kids are gonna have sex.  Adults are gonna have sex.  Just because someone gets in a fuss about it doesn't make it wrong. 

Of course, this is paralleled in their approach to disease prevention.  If AIDS is such a big deal to Bush, why is he so concerned with promoting abstinence over promoting protection?  Does he really think that one day, all of Africa will suddenly say "you know, he's right...we really shouldn't have sex anymore"?  It's absurd!  It's like attacking a full blown plague with Lysol, because your political base really likes Lysol.  I listened to Romney and McCain today, speaking at C-PAC, and they talked endlessly about freedom and its connections to taxes.  Well, people have had genitalia a lot longer than there have been taxes.  Can someone explain to me why this party is so obsessed with what you do with them?  Can anyone explain why they love the Constitution only so far as it agrees with the Bible?  Why can people not realize that, in a country with freedom of religion, the rule of law and the Constitution allow you to live your life within your own, personal morality, but allow others to live with a different morality, should they choose?       

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #110 on: February 08, 2008, 12:30:03 AM »

it is funny that you said that....I actually thought of that a few years ago.....If a prisoner has a long sentence ahead of him/her...say 15-25 years or so....and they go over and fight in the war for 4 years they should then be pardoned for their crime and given their lives back....I think some prisoners, not all, would jump at that opportunity to be done with everything in 4 years as opposed to serving 20 plus....I dont even mean fighting in the war....doing construction or anything else in harms way would be good....
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #111 on: February 08, 2008, 12:33:03 AM »

I don't think abortion is a good thing.  I'd much prefer that people used some form of contraception or give the child up for adoption.  I'm generally for some limits on the practice, though I think, for the most part, that it's a Constitutional issue, and I don't think we should be voting for someone based on their intent to put Justices on the SC with the intent of overturning decades of established law, with the hope of remaking the Constitution in line with their own personal morality.  I also think there'd be a lot less to gripe about if the GOP would stop their tactics of abstinence only education, which is proven to be ineffective.  Kids are gonna have sex.  Adults are gonna have sex.  Just because someone gets in a fuss about it doesn't make it wrong. 

Of course, this is paralleled in their approach to disease prevention.  If AIDS is such a big deal to Bush, why is he so concerned with promoting abstinence over promoting protection?  Does he really think that one day, all of Africa will suddenly say "you know, he's right...we really shouldn't have sex anymore"?  It's absurd!  It's like attacking a full blown plague with Lysol, because your political base really likes Lysol.  I listened to Romney and McCain today, speaking at C-PAC, and they talked endlessly about freedom and its connections to taxes.  Well, people have had genitalia a lot longer than there have been taxes.  Can someone explain to me why this party is so obsessed with what you do with them?  Can anyone explain why they love the Constitution only so far as it agrees with the Bible?  Why can people not realize that, in a country with freedom of religion, the rule of law and the Constitution allow you to live your life within your own, personal morality, but allow others to live with a different morality, should they choose?       

I think conservatives feel that way because this country was built on christian ideas and principals.....so they stick to that hardcore...a perfect example is how poorly Mitt Romney did, when he was by FAR the most conservative candidate running....he lined up with most of the conservatives ideas except for one thing....he was a mormon...and that killed him....if he were a christian he would have wiped the floor with Mccain because Huckabee woudlnt have been taking a good chunk of his votes....
SLCPUNK
« Reply #112 on: February 08, 2008, 12:38:21 AM »

I think conservatives feel that way because this country was built on christian ideas and principals.....

Who told you that? A Christian?

fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #113 on: February 08, 2008, 12:46:27 AM »

I think conservatives feel that way because this country was built on christian ideas and principals.....

Actually, that is a lie that the religiturds like to propagate. This country was founded on secular ideals. May I suggest The Federalist Papers for a more informed argument.

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #114 on: February 08, 2008, 12:48:13 AM »

I think conservatives feel that way because this country was built on christian ideas and principals.....so they stick to that hardcore...a perfect example is how poorly Mitt Romney did, when he was by FAR the most conservative candidate running....he lined up with most of the conservatives ideas except for one thing....he was a mormon...and that killed him....if he were a christian he would have wiped the floor with Mccain because Huckabee woudlnt have been taking a good chunk of his votes....

I can accept the role of some Christian ideas in creating this country, but it's also got roots in the Enlightenment, which was largely anti-religion.  Thus, we struck a balance.  A country with freedom of religion and freedom from religion.  I have no problem with voters voting for those who they feel reflects their values.  That's fine.  My problem is when they want to impose those values on others.  There are two types of values...personal and societal.  I'll go out of my way to respect anyone's personal values, so long as they respect mine.  But I see in a lot of social conservatives a desire to elevate their personal values to the level of societal values.  In some areas, I can understand this (abortion, for example), while in others I think it makes no sense whatsoever (gay marriage/civil unions).  It also concerns me that some so clearly want to mix religion and education, as if they're totally ignorant of the fact that others might have different religious beliefs, and might not appreciate having those of others forced onto them.

If the GOP think that taxes hinder freedom, why can't they see that having someone's religious beliefs forced upon you is a far injustice done unto liberty than taxes could ever be?   

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #115 on: February 08, 2008, 12:50:43 AM »

Actually, that is a lie that the religiturds like to propagate. This country was founded on secular ideals. May I suggest The Federalist Papers for a more informed argument.

well you asked me a question...or someone asked me a question i think it was someone else..but there is your answer ...that is what conservatives say and believe....i dont know why your jumping down my throat about it....someone asked why conservatives only agree with the constitution when it is in line with the bible...there is your answer...
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #116 on: February 08, 2008, 12:54:31 AM »

well you asked me a question...or someone asked me a question i think it was someone else..but there is your answer ...that is what conservatives say and believe....i dont know why your jumping down my throat about it....someone asked why conservatives only agree with the constitution when it is in line with the bible...there is your answer...

There you go with the strawman crap again. I was addressing your argument that the country was founded on religious principles.

I'm not trying to "jump down your throat", just calling you out on, what I perceive, to be false, or misleading, statements.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #117 on: February 08, 2008, 12:56:01 AM »

I can accept the role of some Christian ideas in creating this country, but it's also got roots in the Enlightenment, which was largely anti-religion.  Thus, we struck a balance.  A country with freedom of religion and freedom from religion.  I have no problem with voters voting for those who they feel reflects their values.  That's fine.  My problem is when they want to impose those values on others.  There are two types of values...personal and societal.  I'll go out of my way to respect anyone's personal values, so long as they respect mine.  But I see in a lot of social conservatives a desire to elevate their personal values to the level of societal values.  In some areas, I can understand this (abortion, for example), while in others I think it makes no sense whatsoever (gay marriage/civil unions).  It also concerns me that some so clearly want to mix religion and education, as if they're totally ignorant of the fact that others might have different religious beliefs, and might not appreciate having those of others forced onto them.

If the GOP think that taxes hinder freedom, why can't they see that having someone's religious beliefs forced upon you is a far injustice done unto liberty than taxes could ever be?   

you have to look at the relgion...a true christian is supposed to force their beliefs onto others...thats what the bible tells them to do...to spread the word of god....they don't feel like they are hurting people they feel like they are helping people....when Bush referred to Islam as a good religion a few years ago...the christians were up in arms about it...because to them every other religion is false....thats where it gets a tricky....as a christian you have to force it onto others...otherwise you are not doing Gods work....I know some pretty hardcore christians and that is what the hardcore ones believe....how can you aruge with someone if they dont think what they are doing is hurting anyone?
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #118 on: February 08, 2008, 12:58:13 AM »

There you go with the strawman crap again. I was addressing your argument that the country was founded on religious principles.

I'm not trying to "jump down your throat", just calling you out on, what I perceive, to be false, or misleading, statements.

ok maybe i phrased my answer wrong before.....I was not trying to say the country was founded on christian principles...I was saying that is what THEY(being the conservatives) believe....I was giving an answer to the question...I was not stating my personal opinion on that....can someone explain the strawman reference...i have not heard that anywhere but here....
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #119 on: February 08, 2008, 12:59:53 AM »

you have to look at the relgion...a true christian is supposed to force their beliefs onto others...thats what the bible tells them to do...to spread the word of god....they don't feel like they are hurting people they feel like they are helping people....when Bush referred to Islam as a good religion a few years ago...the christians were up in arms about it...because to them every other religion is false....thats where it gets a tricky....as a christian you have to force it onto others...otherwise you are not doing Gods work....I know some pretty hardcore christians and that is what the hardcore ones believe....how can you aruge with someone if they dont think what they are doing is hurting anyone?

You can't argue with that, I suppose, though anyone who really believes that is walking a tightrope, as others can claim to do the same to them.  Imagine if the views of other religions were forced on them.  Of course, they'd absolutely shit, and rightfully so.  It's a shame that some can't or won't see or don't care about the hypocrisy of defying the Constitution while simultaneously demanding its protections.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: