Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 04:39:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227995 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Study: False statements preceded war
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Study: False statements preceded war  (Read 22357 times)
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #80 on: February 06, 2008, 06:50:10 PM »

I'll break it down for you in simpler terms...I am a fourth generation American....the following is what I believe...America is always right...period.  Even when we are wrong...we are right. I am an arrogant American who will always side with our country because it provides us with the best life in this world....I don't care if we torture terrorist suspects, in fact we should kill them when we are done with them, and that goes for any other enemy we might have....Now is this a very rational view to have? of course not...but who gives a shit...if its us vs. them it should NEVER be us.......so if you would liike to continue to try and "get through" to me.....good luck....

Wow, just wow.

thank you ok
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #81 on: February 07, 2008, 12:00:28 AM »

I'll break it down for you in simpler terms...I am a fourth generation American....the following is what I believe...America is always right...period.  Even when we are wrong...we are right. I am an arrogant American who will always side with our country because it provides us with the best life in this world....I don't care if we torture terrorist suspects, in fact we should kill them when we are done with them, and that goes for any other enemy we might have....Now is this a very rational view to have? of course not...but who gives a shit...if its us vs. them it should NEVER be us.......so if you would liike to continue to try and "get through" to me.....good luck....

Wow, just wow.

THIS is why they hate us.  Not for "our freedom"

I think most of it is to get a rise out of us.  Getting through to you was the last thing I was trying to do.  Theres 30% of the US nobody will ever get through to - you're one of them  peace

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
SLCPUNK
« Reply #82 on: February 07, 2008, 12:14:03 AM »

Wow, just wow.

THIS is why they hate us.  Not for "our freedom"

Right, and he'll never understand that.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #83 on: February 07, 2008, 01:31:30 AM »

Shadows, i'm curious, are you going to go ape shit when america is no longer number 1 down the road b/c of the Bush admins total and complete failure to push this country forward (it succeeded tremendously in pushing us backwards)?  the very war you support so much has hastened the decline of america as the worlds super power and greatest nation.

wish i could be there for the melt down  hihi

*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #84 on: February 07, 2008, 02:04:55 AM »

Shadows, i'm curious, are you going to go ape shit when america is no longer number 1 down the road b/c of the Bush admins total and complete failure to push this country forward (it succeeded tremendously in pushing us backwards)?  the very war you support so much has hastened the decline of america as the worlds super power and greatest nation.

Well with todays technology Someone may very well recorded with their cellphone and post it up on youtube. So, will you might not be there in person you still way see it.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #85 on: February 07, 2008, 01:06:21 PM »

thats a good question...of course I would be pissed wouldn't you?  The fact that you enjoy such an event is beyond me....But you amaze me, you really do.  You honestly think the decline of America is going to be soley on 8 years that 1 man is in office and 1 war?(a war which is FARRRRR from the worst this country has ever seen)  If anything Bush has strengthened our position in the world...and I will tell you why....The reason Saddam Hussein wouldn't open his doors to weapons inspectors even after Bush gave him the deadline before the war started was because he thought BUSH WOULD NEVER DO IT.  Saddam thought that Bush was going to what Clinton did which was an airstrike (bombing a few aspirin factories...priceless ok) and Saddam was very confident that he could survive that and that would be it.  It was because Saddam did not respect let alone FEAR us like he should have....well I wonder how that repect and fear thing is coming along for Saddam now.....and his 2 rapist/killer sons.....If Saddam would have opened his doors to weapons inspectors and not broken RESOLUTION AFTER RESOLUTION(you guys seem to forget all of this)  we would not be in this mess we are today...

now back to your "fall of the American Empire" point....

You are right, we are going to fall....its inevitable...its how this world works..Look at the Roman Empire..I envy older people I know who grew up in a much safer and simpler time in this country while  I am also thankful that I am in my late 20's now and had a pretty good run myself...I dont want to see what this country is going to look like in 40 years...I dont.......and you guys have this simplistic point of view that Barack or Hillary are going to be able to fix it all?? and the even simpler point of view that it was George Bush who caused it all???

Our open borders, the decline in family values,abortion being used as a form of birth control, our dependence on an energy that we could have been off of since the Kennedy administration are all factors that will cause our demise.....

but youre right...its all George Bush's fault....if he were a great diplomat like Bill Clinton he really could have moved the country forward...the rest of the world really loved us during his term(as Al Qaeda hit us five times between 1992-2000)..now matter how much you think it works.....kissing the rest of the worlds ass does not make them like us...
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 01:09:36 PM by Shadows7X » Logged
SLCPUNK
« Reply #86 on: February 07, 2008, 01:42:31 PM »

I don't know which was bigger, your boogieman or your strawman.

Jeez.  Roll Eyes
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #87 on: February 07, 2008, 02:39:29 PM »

Jeez.  Roll Eyes

I know...its tough to come up with something to say when you have been proven wrong....its ok...sit this one out champ..... Smiley
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #88 on: February 07, 2008, 02:49:01 PM »

Our open borders, the decline in family values,abortion being used as a form of birth control, our dependence on an energy that we could have been off of since the Kennedy administration are all factors that will cause our demise.....

The energy issue is certainly valid, but what the hell does abortion have to do with America's standing as a superpower? 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #89 on: February 07, 2008, 06:11:56 PM »

You honestly think the decline of America is going to be soley on 8 years that 1 man is in office and 1 war?

It has already happened. The damage that Bush Co. has inficted on the national security of the US will take 50 years to repair ... if it is repairable

(a war which is FARRRRR from the worst this country has ever seen)

Is your assumption Vietnam?  If so, While lies and deception(see a pattern) let to the conflict, it was a treaty obligation that sucked us in.

If anything Bush has strengthened our position in the world...and I will tell you why....The reason Saddam Hussein wouldn't open his doors to weapons inspectors even after Bush gave him the deadline before the war started was because he thought BUSH WOULD NEVER DO IT.

Once again. It was BUSH that withdrew the inspectors for a justification of his illegal war that he was planning before he even entered the White House

... what Clinton did which was an airstrike (bombing a few aspirin factories...priceless ok)

I like how you convieniently left out the strikes on Khwost  that destoyed Al Quaida training camps and nearly got Bin Laden

You are right, we are going to fall....its inevitable...its how this world works..Look at the Roman Empire..I envy older people I know who grew up in a much safer and simpler time in this country while  I am also thankful that I am in my late 20's now and had a pretty good run myself...I dont want to see what this country is going to look like in 40 years...I dont.......and you guys have this simplistic point of view that Barack or Hillary are going to be able to fix it all?? and the even simpler point of view that it was George Bush who caused it all???

but youre right...its all George Bush's fault....if he were a great diplomat like Bill Clinton he really could have moved the country forward...the rest of the world really loved us during his term(as Al Qaeda hit us five times between 1992-2000)..now matter how much you think it works.....kissing the rest of the worlds ass does not make them like us...

Rather than illuminating anything, "burning" a strawman merely shows the inadequacies of an argument, but torch away.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 06:13:37 PM by fuckin crazy » Logged

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #90 on: February 07, 2008, 08:51:21 PM »

Our open borders, .....factors that will cause our demise.....

I am a fourth generation American

This thread rules  ok

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #91 on: February 07, 2008, 09:03:31 PM »

This thread rules  ok

Now THAT is funny  ok   TAP has some of the best posts in the Jungle  beer

Shadows, yes, I do think Bush has hastened our decline as the greatest country.  The main reason is other countries have gotten much more powerful while we've been chasing the boogie man in Iraq.  Iran is a bigger threat, China has been able to grow at a rapid rate economically AND militarily.  The EU and India's economy have also grown.

Ours kinda looks like shit right now doesn't it.  Sleeping giants have awoken while we've been dicking off, spending TRILLIONS in a BS war in some shitty desert.  Guess who is going to have to pay for those TRILLIONS of dollars!?!?!

you're in your late 20s?  dude, you got A LOT of life ahead of you.  I hope its as good as it is now 20 years from now.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #92 on: February 07, 2008, 09:11:57 PM »

This thread rules  ok

BUT my family came here legally... ok

so TAP answer this for me....you have no problem with our open borders? you think its perfectly fine and SAFE for people to be sneaking into this country when we have no idea what their background is...or if they have a criminal past?  you're all good with that?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 09:18:17 PM by Shadows7X » Logged
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #93 on: February 07, 2008, 09:13:52 PM »

The energy issue is certainly valid, but what the hell does abortion have to do with America's standing as a superpower? 

its funny how these ant-war people have no problem with the slaughering of thousands of innocent babies...how come that never affects your liberal conscience....Abortion on demand is just pushing us further into degeneracy.....its destroying America
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #94 on: February 07, 2008, 09:15:33 PM »

You honestly think the decline of America is going to be soley on 8 years that 1 man is in office and 1 war?

It has already happened. The damage that Bush Co. has inficted on the national security of the US will take 50 years to repair ... if it is repairable

(a war which is FARRRRR from the worst this country has ever seen)

Is your assumption Vietnam?  If so, While lies and deception(see a pattern) let to the conflict, it was a treaty obligation that sucked us in.

If anything Bush has strengthened our position in the world...and I will tell you why....The reason Saddam Hussein wouldn't open his doors to weapons inspectors even after Bush gave him the deadline before the war started was because he thought BUSH WOULD NEVER DO IT.

Once again. It was BUSH that withdrew the inspectors for a justification of his illegal war that he was planning before he even entered the White House

... what Clinton did which was an airstrike (bombing a few aspirin factories...priceless ok)

I like how you convieniently left out the strikes on Khwost  that destoyed Al Quaida training camps and nearly got Bin Laden

Rather than illuminating anything, "burning" a strawman merely shows the inadequacies of an argument, but torch away.

you gave me all the typical liberal talking point answers....nothing of any value or originality.... Roll Eyes
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #95 on: February 07, 2008, 09:34:37 PM »

its funny how these ant-war people have no problem with the slaughering of thousands of innocent babies...how come that never affects your liberal conscience....Abortion on demand is just pushing us further into degeneracy.....its destroying America

abortions been around a LONG time before the US has pal.

are you telling me abortions caused 9-11, the trade deficit and the rise of terrorism?

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #96 on: February 07, 2008, 09:39:23 PM »

1.) You've made a pretty big assumption about my abortion stances. 

2.) Abortions have decreased, despite the population increasing, so the correlation is going in the wrong direction.

3.) Despite how anyone might feel about abortion, you still haven't explained how it's connected with with the downfall of American supremacy, with the exception of a vague "pushing us further into degeneracy" statement.  If you think there's a connection, I truly want to know what that connection is.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #97 on: February 07, 2008, 10:10:37 PM »

Jeez.  Roll Eyes

I know...its tough to come up with something to say when you have been proven wrong....its ok...sit this one out champ..... Smiley

You're beyond ridiculous, circa 2003.

That gig was up a long time ago.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #98 on: February 07, 2008, 10:16:37 PM »

you gave me all the typical liberal talking point answers....nothing of any value or originality.... Roll Eyes

Nice response ...

... for teaching the fallacies of logical argument. ok

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
SLCPUNK
« Reply #99 on: February 07, 2008, 10:18:29 PM »

How can you make a valid point with somebody who doesn't care if he is wrong?

Even after the fact, knowing 100 percent that he was wrong, he still stands by his mistake as the right choice for America.

Now THAT, is fucked up.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: