Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 04:09:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Study: False statements preceded war
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Study: False statements preceded war  (Read 22057 times)
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2008, 03:12:52 PM »

^You should change the title of the thread to "Bush Lied Through His Fucking Teeth".

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2008, 08:10:09 PM »

^You should change the title of the thread to "Bush Lied Through His Fucking Teeth".

Then no one would know it's just about the war  Grin

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
SLCPUNK
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2008, 01:47:59 AM »

Congressman Dennis Kucinich says he will introduce articles of impeachment against President Bush for deceiving the American nation.

The Democrat said Wednesday that he would introduce the articles on January 28, the day US President George W. Bush is scheduled to deliver his State of the Union speech.

"We already know the State of the Union," Kucinich said. "It's a lie!"

"[The] Bush administration led the nation to war on the basis of erroneous information that it methodically propagated and that culminated in military action against Iraq on March 19, 2003," the 61-year-old congressman quoted the Center for Public Integrity's recently released report on Washington lies prior to the Iraq invasion.

"In short, the [US] president and the vice president [Dick Cheney] lied and four-thousand of our soldiers died," Kucinich said during his speech in the United States House of Representatives.

"The president and the vice president lied and a million innocent Iraqis died in a war that has cost us 2 trillion dollars, when people here in the States are losing their jobs, their healthcare, their homes, their dignity," he continued.

"If impeachment is off the table, then the truth is off the table. If the truth is off the table, this House will be living a lie," he exclaimed.

Kucinich's statements wreaked havoc on the House floor; Republicans strongly voiced their objection to his remarks.

Florida's Republican congressman, Cliff Stearns, termed Kucinich's statements a 'clear and egregious violation of House rules'.

"Kucinich used the House floor to launch a personal attack against President Bush and Vice President Cheney and accused them of lying to the American people," Stearns added.

Many Americans remain dissatisfied with the Iraq war, claiming it was launched with no justification other than 'Bushite lies'. The US president and his top echelons invaded Iraq under the false pretext that Iraq has weapons of mass destruction.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2008, 02:14:07 AM »

Congressman Dennis Kucinich says he will introduce articles of impeachment against President Bush for deceiving the American nation.

The Democrat said Wednesday that he would introduce the articles on January 28, the day US President George W. Bush is scheduled to deliver his State of the Union speech.

"We already know the State of the Union," Kucinich said. "It's a lie!"

"[The] Bush administration led the nation to war on the basis of erroneous information that it methodically propagated and that culminated in military action against Iraq on March 19, 2003," the 61-year-old congressman quoted the Center for Public Integrity's recently released report on Washington lies prior to the Iraq invasion.

"In short, the [US] president and the vice president [Dick Cheney] lied and four-thousand of our soldiers died," Kucinich said during his speech in the United States House of Representatives.

"The president and the vice president lied and a million innocent Iraqis died in a war that has cost us 2 trillion dollars, when people here in the States are losing their jobs, their healthcare, their homes, their dignity," he continued.

"If impeachment is off the table, then the truth is off the table. If the truth is off the table, this House will be living a lie," he exclaimed.

Kucinich's statements wreaked havoc on the House floor; Republicans strongly voiced their objection to his remarks.

Florida's Republican congressman, Cliff Stearns, termed Kucinich's statements a 'clear and egregious violation of House rules'.

"Kucinich used the House floor to launch a personal attack against President Bush and Vice President Cheney and accused them of lying to the American people," Stearns added.

Many Americans remain dissatisfied with the Iraq war, claiming it was launched with no justification other than 'Bushite lies'. The US president and his top echelons invaded Iraq under the false pretext that Iraq has weapons of mass destruction.

:::yawn:::
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2008, 12:39:49 PM »

The Rule Of Law means nothing to this Administration and apparently to those sitting on the right side of the aisle. I believe eventually Bush et al. will receive indictments. I hope most of them(that Dick Cheney) live long enough to see the day that that happens.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2008, 06:47:55 PM »

that is the biggest/cheapest cop out EVER..so because someone didnt go to Iraq that means that they have no business being FOR the war??? really?? is that what you are going with? thats the best you got??

oh by the way its a VOLUNTEER service..... ok

Guess you were too chicken shit to go also huh?

My point is it's a lot easier to support chaos and destruction, when you get to keep your hands clean at home, and send other kids off to do your dirty work.

if by "too chicken shit to go" you mean I have a really good job, money and really no reason to go to war then yes i was "too chicken shit to go".....anyway i love how tough you talk on the computer...but i would bet you a thousand dollars you would NEVER talk to me like that if we were face to face...you would probably shit your pants Wink
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2008, 07:32:06 PM »

This is so surprising coming from someone like Kucinich  hihi

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2008, 07:43:53 PM »

Saddam overplayed his hand.  Bush may have been stopped cold in  justifying an invasion if Saddam came clean about not having any WMD's.

Maybe murderer Bush should have allowed the UN to do their job instead of being a fucking cowboy and slaughtering 650,000  Iraqis in the process.

Do you think we had justification to go into Afghanistan?

Can I answer that question?  Yes.  It was our duty to take down Al Qaeda and one of its primary allies, the Taliban.  Thanks to our assenine erection for Iraq though, we've taken our eye off the ball.  Bin Laden is alive, the Taliban is making a comeback, and Iraq is still a fucking mess that can't manage itself.  Don't worry though.  Once we install democracy in a land that doesn't want it, I'm sure the Shia majority will provide a great buffer/foe to their Shia neighbors to the east, Iran.   Roll Eyes

Does any of that make sense?  Seriously, there are issues on the other side of the aisle I agree with and I state this a lot in The Jungle.  Why is it so hard for folks to admit going into Iraq was a huge mistake?  Also, do you enjoy knowing you were intentionally misled?  You have to know this to be true, correct?  Is it ends justifying the means?  Just curious.  Huh

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
SLCPUNK
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2008, 08:33:37 PM »

if by "too chicken shit to go" you mean I have a really good job, money and really no reason to go to war then yes i was "too chicken shit to go".....anyway i love how tough you talk on the computer...but i would bet you a thousand dollars you would NEVER talk to me like that if we were face to face...you would probably shit your pants Wink

LOL, so you can rah rah rah on the sidelines for somebody else to make those sacrifices for you. Just so we're clear on that.  ok Just so it ain't your ass on the line huh?

Here's the best part: You behind the computer telling me how scared I'd be of you in real time.  rofl Just the kind of guy I painted you to be in the first place.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2008, 11:19:24 PM »

that is the biggest/cheapest cop out EVER..so because someone didnt go to Iraq that means that they have no business being FOR the war??? really?? is that what you are going with? thats the best you got??

My point is it's a lot easier to support chaos and destruction, when you get to keep your hands clean at home, and send other kids off to do your dirty work.

if by "too chicken shit to go" you mean I have a really good job, money and really no reason to go to war then yes i was "too chicken shit to go".....

so people with crappy jobs, not a lot of money and really no reason to go to war (does anybody have a good reason to go to war?) are the ones who should fighting (dying, getting limbs blown off)?

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2008, 07:27:30 AM »

Shadows 7X is right about Punk. When I met him in NYC, I walked up to him and asked "Are you SLC Punk?" He immediately fell to the floor in the fetal position crying "I was only joking! Dont make me do the bad thing!" Then his wife beat his ass and told him to grow a pair. I believe we are still banned from the Toys R Us due to that display.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2008, 09:48:37 PM »

Shadows 7X is right about Punk. When I met him in NYC, I walked up to him and asked "Are you SLC Punk?" He immediately fell to the floor in the fetal position crying "I was only joking! Dont make me do the bad thing!" Then his wife beat his ass and told him to grow a pair. I believe we are still banned from the Toys R Us due to that display.

LOL...nice one...
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2008, 09:50:31 PM »

LOL, so you can rah rah rah on the sidelines for somebody else to make those sacrifices for you. Just so we're clear on that.  ok Just so it ain't your ass on the line huh?

Here's the best part: You behind the computer telling me how scared I'd be of you in real time.  rofl Just the kind of guy I painted you to be in the first place.

hmm..i was just pointing out what a tough guy you are on the computer...im not the one talking tough over here.....but you have a history of talking shit and bringing it to a personal level as if youre the toughest guy on earth....but your a lib...so we know that cant be true... ok
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2008, 09:56:57 PM »

LOL...nice one...

Dude, Kooj is the master of the rhetorical device. Roll Eyes

SLCPUNK
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2008, 10:05:07 PM »

hmm..i was just pointing out what a tough guy you are on the computer...im not the one talking tough over here.....but you have a history of talking shit and bringing it to a personal level as if youre the toughest guy on earth....but your a lib...so we know that cant be true... ok

I'm asking why you don't have the balls to go fight in the war you promote. Not taking anything "personal". So far, you haven't been able to produce one solid reason why you are here, and not putting your money where your mouth it. Now THAT is what I expect from a Neo-Con (New Confused.)

Any surprise he missed it?

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2008, 01:20:22 AM »

I'm asking why you don't have the balls to go fight in the war you promote. Not taking anything "personal". So far, you haven't been able to produce one solid reason why you are here, and not putting your money where your mouth it. Now THAT is what I expect from a Neo-Con (New Confused.)

Any surprise he missed it?

first...I'm not sure if you are talking about me missing this...i got a kick out of it......as I pointed out with the "nice one" comment....

and so let me get this straight....anyone who didn't go to Iraq has no right to think the war was a good idea?? that is what you are saying isnt it?
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2008, 01:46:04 AM »

if by "too chicken shit to go" you mean I have a really good job, money and really no reason to go to war then yes i was "too chicken shit to go".....

so people with crappy jobs, not a lot of money and really no reason to go to war (does anybody have a good reason to go to war?) are the ones who should be fighting (dying, getting limbs blown off)?

well?

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2008, 02:05:18 AM »

so people with crappy jobs, not a lot of money and really no reason to go to war (does anybody have a good reason to go to war?) are the ones who should be fighting (dying, getting limbs blown off)?

well?

Great point. I had a conversation with an administrator at the VA, and she thinks that the returning vets from the war will face some  of the same problems the vets from Vietnam faced. i.e. homelessness, psychological problems.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2008, 02:16:09 AM »

and so let me get this straight....anyone who didn't go to Iraq has no right to think the war was a good idea?? that is what you are saying isnt it?

Looks like you missed that too....
SLCPUNK
« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2008, 02:23:05 AM »

Great point. I had a conversation with an administrator at the VA, and she thinks that the returning vets from the war will face some  of the same problems the vets from Vietnam faced. i.e. homelessness, psychological problems.

Wonder if the guys like Shadow7X, will help these guys out in their time of need?

He is making some great money, right? Maybe he could lend some assistance to the guys who actually had the balls to go fight?

Maybe he could donate some of his time to these soldiers?

How about any of you Neo Con chest thumpers? Are you willing to donate any time or money to these soldiers returning home?

Can you give them that much at least?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: