Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 02, 2024, 10:27:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227984 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  What the hell?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What the hell?  (Read 55809 times)
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #100 on: January 27, 2008, 10:58:14 PM »

you make some of the dumbest posts on this board.

each one of these guys has done a lot and fit in Guns N' Roses perfectly.   Don't knock them until you've seen it..
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #101 on: January 27, 2008, 10:59:51 PM »

Don't knock them until you've seen it..

He's seen them on Youtube!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #102 on: January 27, 2008, 11:05:23 PM »

Don't knock them until you've seen it..

He's seen them on Youtube!

/jarmo

I was gonna see them in Nashville but I guess since no one wanted to see them they had to cancel it.

My fault for not having the opportunity.

JimBob u make some of the most ass kissing posts I've ever seen on this site.  Jarmo isn't gonna send u an autograph pic of Axl no matter how much u brown nose dude. Get over it!

U are right, they have done a lot to fit in.

Robin went from Goth to hippie.  Maybe next year he will be emo and the year after that he will be gangsta rap?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #103 on: January 27, 2008, 11:11:16 PM »

I was gonna see them in Nashville but I guess since no one wanted to see them they had to cancel it.

When you make the wrong assumptions, you're only making an ass out of yourself.....

Robin went from Goth to hippie.  Maybe next year he will be emo and the year after that he will be gangsta rap?

Let's hope he doesn't go country and have Gretchen Wilson as the opening act.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #104 on: January 27, 2008, 11:13:22 PM »

When you make the wrong assumptions, you're only making an ass out of yourself.....

Let's hope he doesn't go country and have Gretchen Wilson as the opening act.

/jarmo

Yeah , maybe they will have some nu-metal band and want bo be stripers open ...oh, wait.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #105 on: January 27, 2008, 11:17:08 PM »

Yeah , maybe they will have some nu-metal band and want bo be stripers open ...oh, wait.

Well, that's something you wouldn't see on a Bon Jovi tour.

That and kick ass rock n' roll....

ok

/jarmo

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #106 on: January 27, 2008, 11:19:17 PM »

Point being, U guys are tryin to rip me for never seeing them live and Im simply stating I would have had it not been cancelled. I know I went to get tickets and u could still get like 8th row from the stage.......... So call it what u want.

Sure BJ went a little country but they've always had a country kind of style to them as far back as Wanted Dead Or Alive, Stick To Your Guns, Ride Cowboy Ride and Jon's Blaze of Glory solo album.  They are also one of the best acoustic bands to ever grace a stage also, so it made some sense.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #107 on: January 27, 2008, 11:23:14 PM »

ok

/jarmo

Ain't nothing wrong with Jovi man.... But D you look like a tool by ripping on someone for changing genres when BJ COMPLETELY took a left turn.
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #108 on: January 27, 2008, 11:24:08 PM »

ok

/jarmo

Ain't nothing wrong with Jovi man.... But D you look like a tool by ripping on someone for changing genres when BJ COMPLETELY took a left turn.

What left turn . They have almost always a had a little country vibe.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #109 on: January 27, 2008, 11:24:57 PM »

No, you're getting a new one based on the shit you post about people who are currently in the band we (well most of us anyway) are fans of.

Since this board and site is aimed at fans of the current band, your opinions don't really seem like they have a place here.

If you have that kind of hostility against the current GN'R, maybe there's some other site where they'd treat you like a hero for posting all that shit.

/jarmo

Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #110 on: January 27, 2008, 11:38:30 PM »

ok

/jarmo

What left turn . They have almost always a had a little country vibe.

Missing the point , Don't dock on someone for moving genres when your favorite band has , its hypocritical. Anyways D , why do you post here if you don't like this band? They do have Bon Jovi boards..... hihi
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #111 on: January 28, 2008, 12:35:42 AM »

Point being, U guys are tryin to rip me for never seeing them live and Im simply stating I would have had it not been cancelled. I know I went to get tickets and u could still get like 8th row from the stage.......... So call it what u want

earlier in the thread you stated you wouldn't go see the band because they haven't released the album yet.   

I guess the idea of Axl tearing through his classics with a group of superb musicans doesn't appeal to you.     

and get one thing straight, I don't kiss anybody's ass.  I'm a GnR fan, I'm here because I support the band... which is more than we can say about you.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #112 on: January 28, 2008, 01:36:12 AM »

« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 01:40:24 AM by UTAH TAINTS » Logged
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #113 on: January 28, 2008, 07:29:26 AM »

Playing Cover songs dont impress me. Hell I've heard tribute bands play the old material better.

Frankly, I can only assume this is just a blatant lie.
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #114 on: January 28, 2008, 07:57:37 AM »

So you arent willing to praise the band based on only seeing them on youtube, but you are willing to state that cover bands are better based on those same videos? Again that is being hypocritical.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Tatiana Kudrin
Soak The Sin
Rocker

« Reply #115 on: January 28, 2008, 08:20:00 AM »

rofl so true ! i've felt like biting my fingers all along. i could quote stuff here and there and post replies.. But  it could only contribute to add mess up here.
Just a few things :
1- It is possible to become a Gn'R fan because of the new band.  yes I loved the band when Illusions were released but I wasn't a 'real fan' - didn't spend ages looking for updates, didn't attend a single show... i became a 'real' fan only 2 years ago, when I decided to listen to the old stuff and attended a couple of shows and did some other stuff 'real' fans are supposed to do  Grin. I knew I wouldn't  see Slash but I didn't care. Ron and the others truly rocked my night, both times. Doubters could see that this line up is a solid one, a rock.
2- I don't see why Tommy isn't entitled to say 'get on board or fuck off'. He's in the band and  he does a great job - I guess it would be more obvious if some people had seen the band between 2001 and 2007  Roll Eyes  Tommy has a right to say whatever he wants, no matter if  people who don't want to face reality get hurt. He's been in the band for years now. Album or not, he can say whatever the fuck he wants to say.
3. Some youtube videos are great but most aren't. You can't judge a band from that. Watching some chaotic footage by a fan who was lost in a crowd can't replace the fever and, yes,the  fervor you feel when  you actually attend a performance by a great band... meaning you can't judge Gn'R but you can't judge cover bands either (assuming they can be  great ... D,  that's what I understood from one of your previous posts)...

Oh, and I don't have much respect for Gn'R cover bands and any band/singer who spend their time trying to sound like a carbon copy of another one and make money out of it. For some reason, I prefer people who try to make their own thing.  ok
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 09:19:56 AM by Lori » Logged

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #116 on: January 28, 2008, 08:36:07 AM »

Richard Session musician for N'Sync
Robin Touring guitarist for NIN *Still kind of a cover cause he is playing parts someone else wrote
Pittman *no idea what he does, I know he is responsible for the video game sounding fart noises that hurt Better
Whoever the drummer is: Dont have a clue. wouldn't know him if he walked in my house with a name tag on.
Bumblefoot "I wish the guy was the sole lead guitar player as he really stays true to the material and I actually think he has potential to be great in this band. Still haven't heard anything original but he is one member I like just from his attitude and the way he plays.

This really shows you're ignorance. Maybe you should actually find out about the guys before you start spewing shit about them. They ALL have had long careers in varyingly successful bands (and a lot of them are legends to a lot of people who couldn't give a fuck about Guns).

You probably have never even heard the Love Spit Love albums, or the Lusk stuff.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #117 on: January 28, 2008, 11:19:36 AM »

I saw something on the intertubes, somewhat related to this thread, that had me rolling. D, I knew you were a fan of the Artiodactyls, but I had know idea ... Grin

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #118 on: January 28, 2008, 01:30:37 PM »

And he says this is getting lame.................

SLCPUNK
« Reply #119 on: January 28, 2008, 02:06:26 PM »

The whole old v new v VR argument is lame. It was lame years ago too.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: