Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 09:30:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228062 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Baz "axl is getting ready to put out chinese democracy"
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Baz "axl is getting ready to put out chinese democracy"  (Read 51531 times)
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #160 on: February 26, 2008, 08:53:53 PM »

One in a Million is one of the top five songs Axl ever wrote in my opinion. I'm glad he put it out.  ok

That whole album is brilliant ... absolutely brilliant; a thinking mans work of art.

As someone else alluded too, if artists censor their work, the world would be without some of it's greatest masterpieces.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
ty182
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #161 on: February 26, 2008, 10:24:56 PM »

One in a Million is one of the top five songs Axl ever wrote in my opinion. I'm glad he put it out.  ok

That whole album is brilliant ... absolutely brilliant; a thinking mans work of art.

As someone else alluded too, if artists censor their work, the world would be without some of it's greatest masterpieces.

I agree. Artists' art is a form of expression. You can't censor that. If it's censored...then it's no longer their own.
Rirobinson
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #162 on: February 26, 2008, 10:45:51 PM »

Yeah sure. If it wasn't Axl, he could've put out the Snakepit's first album under the GN'R name and you'd be all delighted with GN'R songs like "Be The Ball".

I would be delighted with "Be The Ball" as much as I am with songs like "Rhyad And The Bedouins" and "Silkworms". Cause It's all "great" stuff ok

leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #163 on: February 26, 2008, 10:58:39 PM »

Yeah sure. If it wasn't Axl, he could've put out the Snakepit's first album under the GN'R name and you'd be all delighted with GN'R songs like "Be The Ball".

I would be delighted with "Be The Ball" as much as I am with songs like "Rhyad And The Bedouins" and "Silkworms". Cause It's all "great" stuff ok

"Rhyad And The Bedouins" and "Silkworms" will not be on CD! They might be on the sequels of CD but their versions will be completely re-worked from what we heard in 2001-2002 and kick the shit out of any Snakepit or VR song.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
ben9785
« Reply #164 on: February 26, 2008, 11:01:46 PM »

"Rhyad And The Bedouins" and "Silkworms" will not be on CD! They might be on the sequels of CD but their versions will be completely re-worked from what we heard in 2001-2002 and kick the shit out of any Snakepit or VR song.

From what I remember, an old poster here met Axl and he apparently said that "Silkworms" had been worked into another song.

As for "Rhiad..", I'm not sure if that will ever turn up, but that song definitely has alot of potential. The main guitar riff of the song is killer. I'm personally a great fan. And the title is unique too.

If I recall, however, I think a few people reported hearing the band (minus Axl) rehearsing it ("Rhiad") at a few locations during the last tour?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 11:07:29 PM by ben785 » Logged
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #165 on: February 26, 2008, 11:09:43 PM »

I met Pitman over a year ago and asked him about Silkworms. He said (as of then) that it will be on the second or third album. He also said that the 2001 version sucked and the one on the album is way better and rocks really really hard.
I liked the 2001 version, so am really excited to hear the album one....but it may take a while. Wink

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #166 on: February 26, 2008, 11:12:23 PM »

The guys from EMS were the ones who said that Axl said that the had been reworked and no longer called 'Silkworms' and that it was Axl's lady's favorite song.
Take that for what it's worth.
ben9785
« Reply #167 on: February 26, 2008, 11:12:49 PM »

Nice one, thanks for that info.

You can hear the potential in the live versions from Rio, etc, but they did sound very incomplete back then.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #168 on: February 27, 2008, 09:51:30 AM »

but what's with all this talk about who's to blame for cd not being released already? axl's in negotiations with the record company. it's not as simple as: "hey, axl doesn't put out the record. maybe it's not even finished" or "it's only about the record company." two parties are discussing things and strategies for a proper and succesfull release. sure it's sad that this again takes so much time. but i wouldn't "blame" anyone. it's just what the circumstances are.

do you read bas comments as accusing anyone? IMO he's doing exactly what you would do. talking about the circumstances from his point of view.

and so many business people fighting over the album----- does this sound like a record company?

Baz:: And, it's not really him holding it back. It's all these business people fighting over it. And you know, I've been in contact with him and he's had it done for a long time.

DJ:: Right.

Baz:: And it's just.. There's so many people that are fighting over that album, that it's really bigger than him, you know? So, when I read all this crap about him, it's so hilarious 'cause people don't really know what they're talking about. You know? Guns N' Roses is bigger than rock.

baz's intention (from my point of view) was not to bash/accuse anyone. it was to defend axl, get some things straight and show his enthusiasm about the songs he heard. that's fine. and yes, baz refers to the "circumstances": people fighting over the record. but one of those fighters has to be axl (or his management). that's all i'm saying. and you're right: there's prob. more than just 2 parties involved. by the way, it is hard for me to answer to your post, coz originally i was not refering to baz in my comment.

sry I missed this post yeaterday.  Tongue

I agree.
To fighting over something is to argue over it. about what? Maybe there're many different opinions on how it should be promoted. maybe there're many companies that want to take part in it.

Net People act as if they know exactly what the negotiations are about when in reality, like baz says, a fat lot they know.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #169 on: February 27, 2008, 11:10:19 AM »

actually with other lyrics, some re-arrangements and Axl's voice on it that song "Be The Ball" could be some goody and better than stuff like "Bad Apples", same goes for some other Snakepit 1st album songs IMO. add that Axl wanted some of the Snakepit stuff "back" when finding out slash was using it for the 1st Snakepit release, there is a video interview about this.

but back to the topic: yes, Axl surely is still getting ready to put the album out ok

Re-Union time, baby!!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #170 on: February 27, 2008, 11:14:25 AM »

actually with other lyrics, some re-arrangements and Axl's voice on it that song "Be The Ball" could be some goody and better than stuff like "Bad Apples", same goes for some other Snakepit 1st album songs IMO. add that Axl wanted some of the Snakepit stuff "back" when finding out slash was using it for the 1st Snakepit release, there is a video interview about this.

but back to the topic: yes, Axl surely is still getting ready to put the album out ok

Funny how you decide to leave out the mention where Axl said Slash didn't wanna work harder... So, it's not really possible to change the songs too much if the other person isn't into changing them.  Smiley

But CD has nothing to do with Slash. 

There are people in the band who aren't afraid to work hard and experiment. ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #171 on: February 27, 2008, 11:18:28 AM »

The guys from EMS were the ones who said that Axl said that the had been reworked and no longer called 'Silkworms' and that it was Axl's lady's favorite song.

Well sortly after that information came out, Eat My Silkworms  was dissolved and it's former community members  have not bothered us since. I take it as it is true because the cult worshiped Pitman and the song.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #172 on: February 27, 2008, 11:28:41 AM »

Well sortly after that information came out, Eat My Silkworms  was dissolved and it's former community members  have not bothered us since. I take it as it is true because the cult worshiped Pitman and the song.

there's a pic of axl holding a sign that says eat my silkworms though
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #173 on: February 27, 2008, 11:36:41 AM »

There isn't a recording of the convo tho.  Tongue
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #174 on: February 27, 2008, 11:56:36 AM »

but back to the topic: yes, Axl surely is still getting ready to put the album out ok

Funny how you decide to leave out the mention where Axl said Slash didn't wanna work harder... So, it's not really possible to change the songs too much if the other person isn't into changing them.  Smiley

But CD has nothing to do with Slash. 

There are people in the band who aren't afraid to work hard and experiment. ok

/jarmo

uhm, please? my post was a reply on your "Be the Ball" bashing and my post included my personal thoughts -1st snakepit album- about re-arrangements, new lyrics and Axl's voice in it which dont have much or anything to do with Slash working harder IMO. lyrics and Axl's voice would have been purely "Axl's work" and (re-)arrangements could be 1man's up to the whole band's work in general so i dont get your reply anyway (which off course was some expected Axl > Slash-reply). the point is that the 1st Snakepit album COULD have been a good GN'R record....with some other arrangements, Axl's voice and Axl's lyrics on. i added the video interview cause this is some rare uncommon proof for the fact that Axl really had interest in some of the 1st snakepit album songs/song parts.
also i do think that for example IRS without Axl's voice is a boring simple song but the way axl sings on it makes it a very good one...that could have worked before, again: IMO!
i hope to be able to buy a real physically CD and hope the man + business can work that out this year.

Re-Union time, baby!!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #175 on: February 27, 2008, 12:03:34 PM »

I disagree.  ok

I simply think that re-arranging a song has a lot to do with getting the rest of the band work on that piece of music.

Unless you just wanna take a recording and cut it up in Pro Tools or something...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #176 on: February 27, 2008, 12:10:45 PM »

but you have to agree on the voice and the lyrics which were 2 of my 3 points in the post?
and many bands write music first then put lyrics on top and re-arrange mostly only the song structure like...longer verse, bridge some later, chorus 4time not 2times, etc.
it also would help a lot having the whole band in the same rehearsal place at the same time.
also Civil War drum pars were kinda "pro tooled"...and to me its an outstanding song. yes, this developped all off topic but could make an interesting single topic.

Re-Union time, baby!!
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #177 on: February 27, 2008, 12:19:00 PM »

to be kind, the best snakepit has to offer as far as gnr worthy material would be a riff here or there and an entire new song would have to be built around it.  For snakepit it's cool.  For gnr....... it is in no way good enough.  I'd say the same about VR as well. 
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #178 on: February 27, 2008, 12:22:26 PM »

but you have to agree on the voice and the lyrics which were 2 of my 3 points in the post?
and many bands write music first then put lyrics on top and re-arrange mostly only the song structure like...longer verse, bridge some later, chorus 4time not 2times, etc.
it also would help a lot having the whole band in the same rehearsal place at the same time.
also Civil War drum pars were kinda "pro tooled"...and to me its an outstanding song. yes, this developped all off topic but could make an interesting single topic.

Yeah, I agree that Axl has an amazing voice and writes great lyrics.

I also think that since lyrics often come last (not always though), you might have to get "excited" about a song in order to write lyrics to it. So, if you feel indifferent about a piece, then it might not go anywhere. Or if the rest of the band doesn't get "excited" about your suggestions for re-arrangements, things might grind to a halt....

I think there are pieces/songs on many ex-member albums that could've been better if GN'R had worked on them.

to be kind, the best snakepit has to offer as far as gnr worthy material would be a riff here or there and an entire new song would have to be built around it.

I agree. That's why I think the whole re-arrangement idea involves a bit more work...

/jarmo

Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #179 on: February 27, 2008, 12:31:22 PM »

thats why i also came up with IRS instrumentally/no vocals......besides the bucket solo i cant see any "kick-ass" riffs, outstanding arrangements or some superior song structure or music parts in there. if this no-vocals-version would have been played to you first without knowing the vocal version i would bet about 99,9% gnr fans would have skipped it and rated it kinda "school band"/"garage band"-crap. on this simple song its mostly Axl's voice which makes it special......and thats why i question the snakepit 1st album stuff could have been a really good GN'R record, and IMO without too much re-arrangements.

we're still off-topic  hihi

Re-Union time, baby!!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: