Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 04:46:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  cd-tracklist(s): facts, rumours, wishes
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: cd-tracklist(s): facts, rumours, wishes  (Read 7214 times)
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« on: February 21, 2008, 07:37:54 AM »

like many of you, i'm really dying to know what tracks cd will feature (the waiting would be easier somehow, for we'd at least know something more specific then). although the geffen-letter was fake, the track "motormouth" could still exist. i heard that richard once mentioned it. any truth to that? and what about "no way back"? if the album has really been handed over to the record company, the tracklisting should be done by now. if you don't know anything, you might as well write down your dream-tracklist for cd. mine would be:

1. chinese democracy
2. prostitute
3. better
4. the blues
5. the general
6. irs
7. seven
8. madagascar
9. atlas shrugged
10. catcher in the rye
11. if the world
12. sorry
13. twat
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 10:43:53 AM by whiny » Logged

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 07:46:30 AM »

^^^^^^^^^

i agree with your track listing.Basically i just would love to here the tracks thart were leaked in their studio glory, anything else is a bonus.

i dont know how we can comment onl songs like atlas shrugged, prostitute, and sorry when we haven't heard them or know much about them other than their titles.

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
whiny
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 07:50:40 AM »

^^^^^^^^^

i dont know how we can comment onl songs like atlas shrugged, prostitute, and sorry when we haven't heard them or know much about them other than their titles.

some people who heard the songs have spoken about them. prostitute, general and atlas shrugged are said to be masterpieces. other song titles just sound cool, refer to something interesting or have become mythical over the years (eg. this i love). that's the ones i'd like to hear more than anything (on the other hand, axl has to keep some big guns for the next record; if there was only one cd my tracklist would be different; i didn't put this i love or thyme on the list, coz i believe in the idea of a trilogy).
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 12:33:56 PM by whiny » Logged

bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 08:02:24 AM »

Agreed.  I don't care who commented on them, we still don't know anything about them.  I don't care about the tracklist, I just want it to meet Axl's vision, then it should be great!
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008, 09:06:31 AM »

Still, just because a song is classified as a master piece doen't mean it flows w/ corresponding songs..Example Nov. Rain followed by Coma, Locomotive and Estranged just wouldn't gel in a cohesive manner..
Leddy
Rocker

Asphinctersayswhat?

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2008, 09:30:11 AM »

If I recall correctly, Axl said "This I Love" was the heaviest thing he's written.  I'm pretty sure this was in the context of emotional rather than "metal" heavy.  If anyone can dig up the source of where he said that, it would help because it may have been paraphrased/hearsay!!!
whiny
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2008, 09:31:30 AM »

Still, just because a song is classified as a master piece doen't mean it flows w/ corresponding songs..Example Nov. Rain followed by Coma, Locomotive and Estranged just wouldn't gel in a cohesive manner..

yeah, thought about that. still, some songs have been described not only as "good" or "earth shattering" but also to be in a certain style (eg. this i love is a ballad with prob. a harp in it). so you can start imagining a bit. also 50% of the material that is likely to be on cd is material we know already. still highly speculative, no need mentioning that. but the tracklist is something i have been looking forward to almost as enthusiasticly as for cd itself. all the rumoured songtitels mean something to me. catcher has ever since been special, yet before i even heard the song.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 10:29:54 AM by whiny » Logged

bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2008, 10:41:55 AM »

How is that really different from, say, Estranged followed by YCBM followed by Don't Cry?  You're over thinking here.  confused
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2008, 11:08:35 AM »

well estranged official fininshes ona sombre note, then a drum fill comes in. then you get the drums at the strt of ycbm.

ycbm goes into axl on his own at the end, then a lone guitar at the start of don't cry.

i think thats an ok transition, besides you wouldn't want to ballds/ slow songs next to eachother

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2008, 11:15:20 AM »

interludes will do wonders.
whiny
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2008, 11:28:49 AM »

ok, my original intention was to find out what we know about a possible tracklist: facts, rumours and what you want to be on cd if you had the choice (without knowing many songs but many reports about songs and songtitles). now we discuss that this can't really be discussed. hm, well... maybe i shouldn't have read "high fidelity" by nick hornby.  Wink
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 11:36:16 AM by whiny » Logged

madagas
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2008, 11:35:34 AM »

I would like to see the band shock everyone and not put any of the leaks on the first record except for Chinese Democracy. Or, in the alternative, release another entirely different record and use a different name for the album. Maybe release Chinese as the second album and one of the others as a first. Do something shocking to the core fanbase. Shocked
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2008, 11:46:09 AM »

well estranged official fininshes ona sombre note, then a drum fill comes in. then you get the drums at the strt of ycbm.

ycbm goes into axl on his own at the end, then a lone guitar at the start of don't cry.

i think thats an ok transition, besides you wouldn't want to ballds/ slow songs next to eachother

I understand what you're saying, and I think you make good points.  But I think that the four songs that LIGuns mentioned would transition into one another just fine if that were the order they appeared in UYI. 

I also like the idea that was mentioned about Chinese Democracy not having any of the leaks on it with the exception of Chinese Democracy itself.  I certainly wouldn't be shocked if they did in fact go that route!

And also I'm not saying that this is a subject we can't really discuss, I'm just saying I trust Axl to these decisions, he should know best!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 11:48:30 AM by bodine » Logged
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2008, 11:48:33 AM »

it could be cool to post here all the comments of the different people who listened to these tracks

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2008, 11:49:02 AM »

I would like to see the band shock everyone and not put any of the leaks on the first record except for Chinese Democracy. Or, in the alternative, release another entirely different record and use a different name for the album. Maybe release Chinese as the second album and one of the others as a first. Do something shocking to the core fanbase. Shocked

I've always thought this idea would be really cool. If there are three albums leave 'Chinese Democracy' right until last. This way it still remains that illusive mysetrious album.

As for the tracklist, I'm more interested to hear new songs rather than leaks. Maybe include half of the leaks in the first album, and save the rest for number 2,3 and 4 if thats the way things are headed.

Atlas Shrugged sounds interesting. I read the book when I heard about the song, so naturally would like to see what the songs all about.

Here today...ready to rock
whiny
Rocker

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2008, 12:26:45 PM »

it could be cool to post here all the comments of the different people who listened to these tracks

absolutely! but it could be quite some work to do the research and sort out the valid statements (of people who really heard it or worked on things); also it's a thin line between privat and official statements, between what is allowed to say and what not. the band for example doen't say too much. all i know is, that dizzy's fav is the "general" and that we should hold our breath for "prostitute" (tommy said that, or was it brain?). so this discussion would again (like this one) lead to discussing songs gnr worked on, not only songs that will be on chinese democracy. by the way: anyone knows if the 2nd and 3rd disc already have a tentative title?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 12:36:03 PM by whiny » Logged

Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2008, 02:25:15 PM »

I just want CITR to be on there. I would kill to hear a cleaned up version of that song. It's phenomenal, might be my favorite of the new stuff. Some stuff I could care less. TWAT is amazing, but I don't get why people like Madagascar so much. It doesn't do anything for me at all.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2008, 02:26:51 PM »

like many of you, i'm really dying to know what tracks cd will feature (the waiting would be easier somehow, for we'd at least know something more specific then). although the geffen-letter was fake, the track "motormouth" could still exist. i heard that richard once mentioned it. any truth to that? and what about "no way back"? if the album has really been handed over to the record company, the tracklisting should be done by now. if you don't know anything, you might as well write down your dream-tracklist for cd. mine would be:

1. chinese democracy
2. prostitute
3. better
4. the blues
5. the general
6. irs
7. seven
8. madagascar
9. atlas shrugged
10. catcher in the rye
11. if the world
12. sorry
13. twat

how can that be your dream cd when you haven't even heard half those songs?
whiny
Rocker

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2008, 03:06:09 PM »

1. chinese democracy
2. prostitute
3. better
4. the blues
5. the general
6. irs
7. seven
8. madagascar
9. atlas shrugged
10. catcher in the rye
11. if the world
12. sorry
13. twat

how can that be your dream cd when you haven't even heard half those songs?

i have strange dreams, that's why. pointless thread? yeah maybe at the moment. but the speculating/dreaming stuff is just one thing. the thread is called: "facts, rumours, wishes"; everybody only sticks to the third term, it seems.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 03:56:07 PM by whiny » Logged

Wicked Demon
Rocker

my post was Here Yesterday...

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2008, 03:54:13 PM »

I just want CITR to be on there.

but I don't get why people like Madagascar so much. It doesn't do anything for me at all.

Hear, hear... Madagascar live == enough time to go to the bar for a couple beers. It isn't horrible, but I don't need that on a studio release unless it has really grown into something else.

I would rather have Silkworms or whatever it is called now, because we have heard that it has indeed grown into something else.

Oh My God has enough potential to make the cut, too. Maybe to keep the average BPM of the disc above 80 Wink
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: