Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 10:26:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash: 'This Is Not Velvet Revolver's Last Tour'
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash: 'This Is Not Velvet Revolver's Last Tour'  (Read 24624 times)
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #80 on: March 30, 2008, 09:04:55 PM »

Thanks to Canuto on the VR forum for the following.

Friday March 28, 2008
Classic rock UK magazine

'There will be a Velvet Revolver after this tour,' Slash confirms
Classic Rock's Jerry Ewing recently spoke to guitarist Slash

However, we couldn't resist teasing you with the following nuggets:

Slash: I was talking with Robert Plant the other night and he was casually naming certain Zeppelin songs and then in the same breath who it was ripped off from.

Ewing: Did Guns N?Roses ever get taken to court for allegedly ripping anyone off?

Slash: No. One of the things about myself and the other members of Guns N? Roses, with the exception of maybe Izzy [Stradlin'], cos he was maybe a bit more freeform, was that we were huge sticklers for anything that sounded like anything else. Straight off the bat if you played a few chords and it really reminded you of something else we scrapped it. It?s very different with Velvet Revolver. Even though myself and Duff are the same way, and Matt, Scott will rip something. We?ll be like ?No, we can?t do that? and he?ll be like ?Oh, go on, let?s do it? and we?ll do it.

Ewing: Going back to Velvet Revolver, there?s been a lot said on the Internet between Scott and Matt. What?s the current state of play?

Slash: We?ve got six shows, ha-ha.

Ewing: How do you deal with that stuff flying around?

Slash: I have no comment. Obviously I?m very aware of everything that?s going on. The only thing I can add to that is in contrast to what Scott says there will be a Velvet Revolver after this tour.

Ewing: With Scott singing?

Slash: I have no comment on that [chuckles]. 

Stay tuned for further Velvet Revolver shenanigans.

- and you can read the full interview in a big warts-and-all Velvet Revolver exclusive, to be published in the issue of Classic Rock that goes on sale on April 30.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 09:08:11 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #81 on: March 30, 2008, 11:05:22 PM »

I keep posting the same thing, I really think fans are building themselves up for a let down with Slash's solo album, especially with pipe-dreams like that last one lol. I think the album is going to have a lot of really shitty people on it no one here will care much for. Santana-esque. I think it's less likely to have Alice Cooper, Dave Mustaine, Lemmy, Anselmo, Tyler, or anyone great on it and more likely to have Daughtry, Rob Thomas, and Carrie Underwood

A mixture of metal and pop stars would be nice.  Although, the whole point is that it is commercially successful.  No matter what we think, Carrie Underwood would do that better than Lemmy could.  Slash is friendly and has jammed with a lot of stars.  He could get anyone from Iggy Pop, Lenny Kravitz, Carole King, etc. to sing on his album.  Which would be fantastic as long as he has the songs. 
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #82 on: March 31, 2008, 12:05:53 AM »

I keep posting the same thing, I really think fans are building themselves up for a let down with Slash's solo album, especially with pipe-dreams like that last one lol. I think the album is going to have a lot of really shitty people on it no one here will care much for. Santana-esque. I think it's less likely to have Alice Cooper, Dave Mustaine, Lemmy, Anselmo, Tyler, or anyone great on it and more likely to have Daughtry, Rob Thomas, and Carrie Underwood

A mixture of metal and pop stars would be nice.  Although, the whole point is that it is commercially successful.  No matter what we think, Carrie Underwood would do that better than Lemmy could.  Slash is friendly and has jammed with a lot of stars.  He could get anyone from Iggy Pop, Lenny Kravitz, Carole King, etc. to sing on his album.  Which would be fantastic as long as he has the songs. 

I understand the reasoning behind him doing a carrie underwood thing ver Lemmy I just wish he wouldn't. As I said earlier Tony Iommi did the same thing Santana does only he got some real cool people on it instead of popular people and it's a really good album.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #83 on: March 31, 2008, 11:26:39 AM »

Slash: 'Velvet Revolver might continue without Scott Weiland'

Guitarist says the group are not splitting up

Mar 31, 2008

Velvet Revolver guitarist Slash has said that, despite recent reports of his band being in turmoil, they are not splitting up - although singer Scott Weiland may not be in the band for much longer.

As previously reported on NME.COM, Velvet Revolver's Scott Weiland and drummer Matt Sorum fell out after a recent gig in Glasgow, with Weiland suggesting that the band may never tour again.

Since the bust-up, Slash has told the Daily Star that the band will record another album, but possibly without the singer.

"There will be a third album," he said. "We don't know how or when but the core four guys will continue."

http://www.nme.com/news/velvet-revolver/35528

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #84 on: March 31, 2008, 12:26:33 PM »

it will be interesting to see the new direction of the band.
depends of the new singer...

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
ToonGuns
Headliner

Invest in those memories!

« Reply #85 on: March 31, 2008, 12:49:17 PM »

Mar 31, 2008

Velvet Revolver guitarist Slash has said that, despite recent reports of his band being in turmoil, they are not splitting up - although singer Scott Weiland may not be in the band for much longer.

As previously reported on NME.COM, Velvet Revolver's Scott Weiland and drummer Matt Sorum fell out after a recent gig in Glasgow, with Weiland suggesting that the band may never tour again.

Since the bust-up, Slash has told the Daily Star that the band will record another album, but possibly without the singer.

"There will be a third album," he said. "We don't know how or when but the core four guys will continue."

I hope this is true, but I wouldn't believe a word the daily star says!!

By the way - what I have noticed from this thread is that nobody really seems too bothered that Scott has gone and a new singer is a possibility... in fact I get the impression a lot of people actually see this as a good thing.

A bad day in Rock N Roll is better than a good day at work!

Leeds Festival, UK - 23/08/2002
Download Festival, UK - 11/06/2006
Newcastle Arena, UK - 19/07/2006
Nottingham Arena, UK - 19/05/2012
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #86 on: March 31, 2008, 01:49:02 PM »

Mar 31, 2008

By the way - what I have noticed from this thread is that nobody really seems too bothered that Scott has gone and a new singer is a possibility... in fact I get the impression a lot of people actually see this as a good thing.

it's slash that said it to the daily star not the daily star that said it..

anyway about a new singer, i dunno if it's a good thing or think it'll be a succes but it's at least a bit exciting times to come i guess
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #87 on: March 31, 2008, 03:38:37 PM »

Mar 31, 2008

I have always liked STP since I was a kid but I would love to see them with a new singer at this point. I really think Scott is holding them back at this point physically and creatively. With all Scott's Bullshit and problems and his intentions on acting, writing, doing a solo album, and whatever the future of STp is VR doesn't seem to factor in much of the time pie chart. I also think theres a lot of stuff in the songs I would like to see with a new singer i.e. more soloing from the man who in my opinion plays the best solos ever and some more Duff! Duffs bass playing in VR has been very standard to me, steady but it sounds like it could be anyone as opposed to Duff who generally has his own sound. Plus some Duff on vocals whether it be for a song or two lead or just backing would be sweet. Love Duff's voice.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #88 on: March 31, 2008, 08:45:29 PM »

It will be interesting to see what the future holds for VR.  It looks like if they are doing a third album it will be without Scott or down the road a bit...

Stone Temple Pilots Plotting Extensive Tour

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003783207

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #89 on: April 01, 2008, 05:38:12 AM »

I am definitly not happy that Weiland might be going, I got into VR through being a GN'R fan but I looked into the STP stuff and Scott vocally and as a performer is simply amazing. It would be a shame to lose him but if its not gonna work I am glad that the other 4 guys will continue
Killingmachine
Headliner

Guns n' Fuckin' Roses

« Reply #90 on: April 01, 2008, 10:56:08 AM »

Mar 31, 2008

I never liked Scott as Frontman, I think Slash/Duff deserve someone much better
ToonGuns
Headliner

Invest in those memories!

« Reply #91 on: April 01, 2008, 02:14:59 PM »

Phil Anselmo

A bad day in Rock N Roll is better than a good day at work!

Leeds Festival, UK - 23/08/2002
Download Festival, UK - 11/06/2006
Newcastle Arena, UK - 19/07/2006
Nottingham Arena, UK - 19/05/2012
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: