Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 11:26:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash: 'This Is Not Velvet Revolver's Last Tour'
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash: 'This Is Not Velvet Revolver's Last Tour'  (Read 24625 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: March 25, 2008, 10:14:48 AM »

Slash keeps fans guessing over Zeppelin tour

Tuesday, 25 March 2008

Slash says it is unlikely his band, Velvet Revolver, will support Led Zeppelin on a world tour but has stopped short of ruling it out completely.

The rumours surfaced after Zeppelin's sell out gig at London's O2 Arena in December.

They were apparently confirmed by Revolver bassist and Slash's former Guns N' Roses bandmate Duff McKagan.

But Slash has told Newsbeat the band are concentrating on their next album.

He said: "There's been a huge rumour going around about us opening for them and I think that was something that was taken out of context.

"I think as far as Zeppelin doing a tour, that remains to be seen.

"I saw Robert last night and he's got his solo thing going on and as far as Velvet Revolver is concerned, we've got another record to do and we're not even thinking about that."

Velvet Revolver are currently wrapping up the UK leg of a European tour, while on stage in Glasgow on 20 March, singer Scott Weiland apparently told fans they were "watching something special ... the last tour by Velvet Revolver."

It is something Slash doesn't seem comfortable discussing.

He said: "Well, lets put it this way - this is not Velvet Revolver's last tour."

Another factor which adds to the uncertainty of Weiland's future with the band is a bout of online squabbling between the singer and the band's drummer and another former G N'R man, Matt Sorum.

Solo project

Slash has also confirmed that he is planning to release a solo album in the near future, working with guest vocalists.

He said: "I don't think I have the patience to do an instrumental record, so I want to work with a bunch of artists whose records I've played on and some who I've never worked with."

But, the self admitted nervous and insecure guitar player stopped short of relevaling any names.

He said: "I'm scared they pull out at the last minute and make me look like a schmuck."

Movie soundtrack

On top of his solo work and Velvet Revolver commitments, Slash has revealed that he is scoring his first movie, an independent called This Is Not A Movie.

He said: "It has nothing but guitars on the score so that's how I got turned on to it.

"But I like the director and thought, yeah, I could do this.

"It's not animated but it's definitely fantastical and very hardcore at the same time.

"I'm scared ****less!"

In the meanwhile, Slash has just unveiled his own limited edition collection of signature Gibson guitars.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/music/newsid_7312000/7312301.stm

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 10:31:43 AM »

maybe that means continueing with another singer?

html sucks
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 10:39:08 AM »

maybe that means continueing with another singer?

Reading between the lines, that's what I would assume from:

Velvet Revolver are currently wrapping up the UK leg of a European tour, while on stage in Glasgow on 20 March, singer Scott Weiland apparently told fans they were "watching something special ... the last tour by Velvet Revolver."

It is something Slash doesn't seem comfortable discussing.

He said: "Well, lets put it this way - this is not Velvet Revolver's last tour."

And there goes the challenger...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 10:47:31 AM »

New singer is already lined up.  Its all but a done deal.  I think they have picked who they want.  Maybe Scott found out and tried to spoil it by saying it was the last tour as if he was VR..... Roll Eyes
gnr2k6
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 10:58:08 AM »

and what makes u say a new singer lined up???
lets face up 2 facts the guys all give different stories all the time .....nobody knows anything yet
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 10:58:36 AM »

when scott first came into the band all the music were already written right?

i think so.. and IMO the music were better on contraband then on libertad..

so if the band writes some music while scott is touring with STP then comes back i guess that might be a better record Tongue shame i don't like his lyrics, his vocals are ok but not what i would have wished for

or if the bands writes music and then hires a new singer.. the music will still be better then on libertad  hihi

most likely thing is that they get a new frontman after all this shit the last week, although i don't think the bandmembers know what'll happen in the future nor do anybody else

best thing altogether would be ditch matt and scott, then hire jocke and adde from hardcore superstar Grin

another idea would be ditch matt, scott and dave (sorry man) then get nicke borg and peder from backyard babies

don't ever see it happen but...
Sweden rules all headbanger  rofl
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 11:08:07 AM »

Well, that's good news. I hope they get someone good, finish the current touring and put out a kick ass new album. Maybe it's better this way. Guns N' Roses, VR AND STP for the fans. What could be better?

Fuck 'Em All.
elmir
VIP

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2008, 11:24:09 AM »

or it could also mean that Scott is under contract for three albums and promotional work for those....so he'll have to do more concerts....but i doubt that's the case....

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 11:25:51 AM »

or it could also mean that Scott is under contract for three albums and promotional work for those....so he'll have to do more concerts....but i doubt that's the case....

Which would pretty much be what they're doing right now. Finishing up what they have to do so he can go tour with STP and be excited again.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
elmir
VIP

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2008, 11:28:50 AM »

Which would pretty much be what they're doing right now. Finishing up what they have to do so he can go tour with STP and be excited again.

/jarmo

however, they have a three album deal, and they've only done two....so it comes down to the mechanics of the contract...if scott is not a hired gun as far as the record company is concerned, then they could let him walk.....but if he is....that breach of contract could cost them millions....so perhaps what slash meant by that comment was that scott will come back to end his stint as per his contract...

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
holtzmn73
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2008, 11:30:33 AM »

I doubt they would sign a contract that requires a tour for each album as part of promotion.

Slash really can't be  believed here, Scott has moved on and Slash is in denial that his band is done.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2008, 11:31:23 AM »

/jarmo

however, they have a three album deal, and they've only done two....so it comes down to the mechanics of the contract...if scott is not a hired gun as far as the record company is concerned, then they could let him walk.....but if he is....that breach of contract could cost them millions....so perhaps what slash meant by that comment was that scott will come back to end his stint as per his contract...
Or maybe the STP reunion would cover up the breach of contract.

holtzmn73
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2008, 11:33:00 AM »

I'm sure the third album will be a live album, no way this band is going back in the studio anytime soon with Scott no matter what Slash says.
elmir
VIP

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2008, 11:39:38 AM »

I doubt they would sign a contract that requires a tour for each album as part of promotion.

You're probably right, I'm not sure if promotion done by the band is usually stipulated in these contracts...how many "out takes" have VR got...tracks which didn't make the cut?

could they release those as an album?
possibly a live track or two on top...

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2008, 11:52:12 AM »

I'm sure the third album will be a live album, no way this band is going back in the studio anytime soon with Scott no matter what Slash says.

There must be some b-sides and stuff they can use.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2008, 12:04:03 PM »

But Slash has told Newsbeat the band are concentrating on their next album.

"Well, lets put it this way - this is not Velvet Revolver's last tour."

i like the sound of both these comments  smoking

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2008, 12:05:42 PM »

Concern for the third album commitment is overblown - big time.

Multiple record deals are usually done to the sole benefit of the record company and can be deemed null and void by them (RCA) at any time generally.

Relatively speaking, it would be stupid for RCA to do anything more than put minimal monies into any future VR release for contract fulfillment purposes - IE, maybe a "live" album release with low production costs and little promotion.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2008, 12:10:24 PM »

Multiple record deals are usually done to the sole benefit of the record company and can be deemed null and void by them (RCA) at any time generally.

Relatively speaking, it would be stupid for RCA to do anything more than put minimal monies into any future VR release for contract fulfillment purposes - IE, maybe a "live" album release with low production costs and little promotion.

Agree on that last point.  But, still given Slash's comments, I can't help but wonder if they are already thinking of going ahead with, or perhaps more likely, without Weiland.

Ali
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2008, 12:23:40 PM »

Its going to be Robert Plant's son or the guy from Dark New Days which at this point both sound better than Scott.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2008, 12:29:14 PM »

But, still given Slash's comments, I can't help but wonder if they are already thinking of going ahead with, or perhaps more likely, without Weiland.

Ali

With that in mind, I would think a Weiland-less VR would be in search of a new record deal.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: