Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 06:49:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl announces new management for Guns N' Roses
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl announces new management for Guns N' Roses  (Read 48678 times)
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #220 on: April 03, 2008, 12:46:15 PM »

enough of the bitches talk

now back on topic bastards,

when do you think we will hear some official news as to the new managements future plans and dealings ?

are we talking about days , weeks or months...?

I wouldn't like to guess.  These news guys could come in and want to totally change things up.   That could mean another few years.  Or maybe they're just here to add some finishing touches and we'll see news in the next month or two.   I wouldn't like to guess. 

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
madagas
« Reply #221 on: April 03, 2008, 12:49:17 PM »

If Axl can't cut a deal with Mr Iovine, him and the new management team need to shop the Chinese recording sessions and potential Gnr tours to Live Nation. Work a deal where Live Nation settles the account with Uni, then cuts a new deal with the new Gnr. On top of that, Axl could try to put together a reunion deal as a part of another contract with Live Nation. The reunion deal would possibly help solidify a better contract for the new band...as a way to entice Live Nation to pay for the albums-recording of them, promotion, etc. Sounds insane but Axl could have his cake and eat it too if he really wanted too. Ahhh, I 'm just dreaming but he COULD do both if he really wanted. Tongue
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #222 on: April 03, 2008, 12:53:17 PM »

Wonder what Mysteron has to say about all this new activity thats been happening. You would think that negotiations are over by now.

Why would you think that?  I think that now that there's a real management team in place, the real negotiations may just be getting started.  But hopefully they can be completed now in a reasonable amount of time.
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #223 on: April 03, 2008, 12:54:55 PM »

enough of the bitches talk

now back on topic bastards,

when do you think we will hear some official news as to the new managements future plans and dealings ?

are we talking about days , weeks or months...?

I wouldn't like to guess.  These news guys could come in and want to totally change things up.   That could mean another few years.  Or maybe they're just here to add some finishing touches and we'll see news in the next month or two.   I wouldn't like to guess. 

I sure would hope that the new guys realize that Axl's not getting any younger . . .  Another few years would be devestating!!!
ToonGuns
Headliner

Invest in those memories!

« Reply #224 on: April 03, 2008, 12:56:40 PM »

If Axl can't cut a deal with Mr Iovine, him and the new management team need to shop the Chinese recording sessions and potential Gnr tours to Live Nation. Work a deal where Live Nation settles the account with Uni, then cuts a new deal with the new Gnr. On top of that, Axl could try to put together a reunion deal as a part of another contract with Live Nation. The reunion deal would possibly help solidify a better contract for the new band...as a way to entice Live Nation to pay for the albums-recording of them, promotion, etc. Sounds insane but Axl could have his cake and eat it too if he really wanted too. Ahhh, I 'm just dreaming but he COULD do both if he really wanted. Tongue

Regarding a reunion tour - I really really really can't see that happening in the foreseeable future. There is no way that Axl would tour, yet again, with the original line up until the new line up is finished. If the reunion thing does happen, I see it being years in the future after maybe 2 or 3 albums with the new line up when that finally ends. Then we'll see a reunion thing similar to the way Led Zep did recently where they'll only play a few shows and tickets will cost hundreds.

I know this is off topic slightly but just replying to the quote above.

A bad day in Rock N Roll is better than a good day at work!

Leeds Festival, UK - 23/08/2002
Download Festival, UK - 11/06/2006
Newcastle Arena, UK - 19/07/2006
Nottingham Arena, UK - 19/05/2012
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #225 on: April 03, 2008, 12:57:57 PM »

Who asked you?

Still upset about Richie Sambora?

It's okay, little buddy.

and, Shut up Christos.

Shut up biatch.  smoking

Shut up X-tos. Shouldn't you be busy with planning your trips to see NKOTB?

Lips Sealed

/jarmo

So you guys DO have the same taste in music?   Tongue

No, I liked them when they were living on the streets, before they sold out.

Wink

Maybe you and X-tos can hold hands at the NKOTB shows.

If Axl can't cut a deal with Mr Iovine, him and the new management team need to shop the Chinese recording sessions and potential Gnr tours to Live Nation.

If the record company wants to sell the rights to somebody else....

/jarmo

PS Shut up X-tos.

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
madagas
« Reply #226 on: April 03, 2008, 01:11:32 PM »

Jarmo, correct, IF the record company wanted to do that. Also, obviously any reunion stuff would be after the new Gnr thing is over. For all we know, that could be tomorrow or that could be 10 years from now. The reunion thing is always a bargaining chip that Axl has in his pocket.
Fernando
The REAL Fernando
Rocker

Adz sucks irl.

« Reply #227 on: April 03, 2008, 03:53:39 PM »

Who asked you?

Still upset about Richie Sambora?

It's okay, little buddy.

and, Shut up Christos.

Shut up biatch.  smoking

Shut up X-tos. Shouldn't you be busy with planning your trips to see NKOTB?

Lips Sealed

/jarmo

So you guys DO have the same taste in music?   Tongue

No, I liked them when they were living on the streets, before they sold out.

Wink

Maybe you and X-tos can hold hands at the NKOTB shows.

If Axl can't cut a deal with Mr Iovine, him and the new management team need to shop the Chinese recording sessions and potential Gnr tours to Live Nation.

If the record company wants to sell the rights to somebody else....

/jarmo

PS Shut up X-tos.

I don't get the whole X-tos thing... I suppose, I have to be from elsewhere, where they do gay stuff and name gay people with gay names.  But, I am well aware that you 'Jarmo' is on my side - but seriously, how can one hang out with Adz?  That's all I have to say, I saw his myspace and is like, whoa.

What does a manager do?  Don't they manage for things to happen?  Imagine what a great manager does... even better, imagine what TWO great managers can do...

As for NKOTB, seriously hands down the best insult ever.

Narcissism has a lot to do with selfishness and deep need for adoration, not giving a fuck for others and promoting themselves at the expense of others often publicly.
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #228 on: April 03, 2008, 03:55:20 PM »

Jarmo, correct, IF the record company wanted to do that. Also, obviously any reunion stuff would be after the new Gnr thing is over. For all we know, that could be tomorrow or that could be 10 years from now. The reunion thing is always a bargaining chip that Axl has in his pocket.

Can't see Axl ever doing that gig man. It wouldn't be unreasonable to assume that Axl was really p1$$3d off with the rest of the band, their habits and I would imagine, the demons Axl has laid to rest involve the first incarnation, can't see him returning there again.  If anything that I've learned about the new guys, is that they are professional, clean and dependable, a place Axl feels at ease in. To some degree, these guys have given Axl the creditability that he's been after, touring, great shows and step into the 21st century, a big departure from 1990's.

At best I could see the odd old member playing a number or two at a show or two, but nothing long term or all together, but hayhoo, this is Gn'R land where anything is possible...

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #229 on: April 03, 2008, 03:58:46 PM »

Screw the old band they couldn't get their shit straight back then and sure can't now.  Axl's smart he isn't gonna touch them with a 10 ft pole.  Back to the subject I think this management team is getting the CD out in 08.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #230 on: April 03, 2008, 04:06:22 PM »

What does a manager do?  Don't they manage for things to happen?  Imagine what a great manager does... even better, imagine what TWO great managers can do...
I'm trying to not overreacting, but that quote made me happy. Cheesy

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #231 on: April 03, 2008, 04:08:17 PM »

I don't get the whole X-tos thing... I suppose, I have to be from elsewhere, where they do gay stuff and name gay people with gay names. 

Do you know where they invented that stuff?

GREECE!

It's true, I saw it in a movie:

Sidewinder Boss: Hey. Hey. How many times do I have to tell you? No shirt, no service. Get the hell out of my store. What do you think this is, Club Med?
Doug: It's called America, dude. Learn the rules.
Sidewinder Boss: "Learn the rules?" No, YOU learn the rules. We Greeks invented democracy.
Doug: You also invented homos.
Sidewinder Boss: Fuck you.
Doug: You wish. You gotta buy me dinner first.

Classic!  Grin

But, I am well aware that you 'Jarmo' is on my side - but seriously, how can one hang out with Adz?  That's all I have to say, I saw his myspace and is like, whoa.

He's tall. It's the perfect decoy when you don't want attention.....

Good point.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #232 on: April 03, 2008, 04:26:05 PM »

I sure would hope that the new guys realize that Axl's not getting any younger . . .  Another few years would be devestating!!!

Tsk, tsk, you youngsters!  Axl's still got a good few years left in him yet...  Wink

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #233 on: April 03, 2008, 04:36:34 PM »

I Love sitting back and watching everyone else talk trash. That way I can just laugh and stay out of trouble. lol
amyl

yeah Just think what two good managers can do. I am so looking forward to this!!!

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #234 on: April 03, 2008, 04:46:32 PM »

Tsk, tsk, you youngsters!  Axl's still got a good few years left in him yet...  Wink

I sure wish I was a youngster!  I've no doubt Axl's got a few good years left in him, but I'm talking big picture - beyond CD.  If this album was his last hoorah, that'd be one thing.  But he's got a lot left to do - so let's get the show on the road (so to speak)!!!
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #235 on: April 03, 2008, 05:00:11 PM »

I sure wish I was a youngster!  I've no doubt Axl's got a few good years left in him, but I'm talking big picture - beyond CD.  If this album was his last hoorah, that'd be o  :Dne thing.  But he's got a lot left to do - so let's get the show on the road (so to speak)!!!

I'm with you on that one.   Cheesy

And if we're talking beyond CD, it would be the icing on the cake, but well, I'm not daring to hope at this stage...

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #236 on: April 03, 2008, 05:11:24 PM »

when I saw this on the front page news section, all I saw at first was "Axl announces" and I almost shit myself hihi

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
Fernando
The REAL Fernando
Rocker

Adz sucks irl.

« Reply #237 on: April 03, 2008, 05:18:22 PM »

I don't get the whole X-tos thing... I suppose, I have to be from elsewhere, where they do gay stuff and name gay people with gay names. 

Do you know where they invented that stuff?

GREECE!

It's true, I saw it in a movie:

Sidewinder Boss: Hey. Hey. How many times do I have to tell you? No shirt, no service. Get the hell out of my store. What do you think this is, Club Med?
Doug: It's called America, dude. Learn the rules.
Sidewinder Boss: "Learn the rules?" No, YOU learn the rules. We Greeks invented democracy.
Doug: You also invented homos.
Sidewinder Boss: Fuck you.
Doug: You wish. You gotta buy me dinner first.

Classic!  Grin

But, I am well aware that you 'Jarmo' is on my side - but seriously, how can one hang out with Adz?  That's all I have to say, I saw his myspace and is like, whoa.

He's tall. It's the perfect decoy when you don't want attention.....

Good point. 

Narcissism has a lot to do with selfishness and deep need for adoration, not giving a fuck for others and promoting themselves at the expense of others often publicly.
ben9785
« Reply #238 on: April 03, 2008, 05:57:31 PM »

After the (first?) album comes out, who knows how long its going to go from there.

We can only hope that all the speculation about 3 or 4 successive albums coming out thereafter is true and hopefully by that time there will be no further delays or issues coming up once everything is settled before "Chinese Democracy" comes out.

Axl is getting older yes but I think he will have at least one or two more world tours in him.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #239 on: April 03, 2008, 06:14:12 PM »

when I saw this on the front page news section, all I saw at first was "Axl announces" and I almost shit myself hihi

I did the same thing last week. Funny.  hihi

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: