Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 06:43:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl announces new management for Guns N' Roses
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl announces new management for Guns N' Roses  (Read 48212 times)
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #240 on: April 03, 2008, 07:19:49 PM »

I don't get the whole X-tos thing... I suppose, I have to be from elsewhere, where they do gay stuff and name gay people with gay names. 

Do you know where they invented that stuff?

GREECE!

It's true, I saw it in a movie:

Sidewinder Boss: Hey. Hey. How many times do I have to tell you? No shirt, no service. Get the hell out of my store. What do you think this is, Club Med?
Doug: It's called America, dude. Learn the rules.
Sidewinder Boss: "Learn the rules?" No, YOU learn the rules. We Greeks invented democracy.
Doug: You also invented homos.
Sidewinder Boss: Fuck you.
Doug: You wish. You gotta buy me dinner first.

Classic!  Grin

But, I am well aware that you 'Jarmo' is on my side - but seriously, how can one hang out with Adz?  That's all I have to say, I saw his myspace and is like, whoa.

He's tall. It's the perfect decoy when you don't want attention.....

Good point. 

Fuck you both...  No dinner required...  Tongue

cineater
Legend

« Reply #241 on: April 03, 2008, 11:37:22 PM »

Thanks to somebody at the bar:

Robin's on the net!

Alright

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #242 on: April 04, 2008, 12:28:43 AM »

From eonline.com...in part:

New Music from Guns N' Roses

Guns N' Roses fans, the more-than-a-decade-in the-making album Chinese Democracy really does seem to be getting very close to a release date.

No, really. This is what I'm hearing:

Axl Rose & Co. have recently been letting people, music industry honchos, tastemakers and so forth, listen to six new tracks, according to a music executive who has heard the songs.

The exec raved about the music. ?It?s really good,? he said. ?Axl?s voice sounds exactly the same, but the songs sound contemporary.

Reps didn?t talk about exact release dates, according to my source, but they implied it could still happen by the end of the year. (Yes, I know we've heard this before.)

Just last week, Rose announced on the official Guns N? Roses website that the band hired a new management team headed by heavyweights Irving Azoff and Andy Gould.

The band?s last original recordings, Use Your Illusion I and Use Your Illusion II, were released in 1991. Since their debut in 1985, they have sold an estimated 90 million albums worldwide.

http://www.eonline.com/gossip/planetgossip/detail/index.jsp?uuid=2ec9c617-6394-40e3-bd9e-29cd304270b5/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #243 on: April 04, 2008, 12:32:15 AM »

90 million?Huh? Wow!  Didn't know it was that high...

Appetite: 20
UYI 1: 8
UYI 2: 8
Lies: 7
Spaghetti: 3
Live Era: 2
Greatest Hits: 5

Hmmm.. Oh well, I am sure I am missing something.  Could be US numbers I am looking at.
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #244 on: April 04, 2008, 12:34:04 AM »

yeah those are us numbers I think though the look a little higher then the last time I seen them.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #245 on: April 04, 2008, 12:36:21 AM »

Hmmm.. Oh well, I am sure I am missing something.  Could be US numbers I am looking at.

Actually, those are U.S. numbers.  I don't know where you got those numbers. 

I have:

AFD: 15
Lies: 5
UYI 1: 7.5
UYI 2: 7.5
TSI?: 1
Live Era: Gold
GH: 4

But 90 million is the generally accepted number of units sold across the world.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #246 on: April 04, 2008, 12:47:06 AM »

Actually, those are U.S. numbers.  I don't know where you got those numbers. 

I have:

AFD: 15
Lies: 5
UYI 1: 7.5
UYI 2: 7.5
TSI?: 1
Live Era: Gold
GH: 4

But 90 million is the generally accepted number of units sold across the world.

I estimated because those were the same numbers back in 1997 or 1999.  I am sure Live Era has pushed more than 500,000 units.
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #247 on: April 04, 2008, 01:03:56 AM »

Axl Rose & Co. have recently been letting people, music industry honchos, tastemakers and so forth, listen to six new tracks, according to a music executive who has heard the songs.

The exec raved about the music. ?It?s really good,? he said. ?Axl?s voice sounds exactly the same, but the songs sound contemporary."

Can someone find out which six songs? Because this could be some guy who heard the leaks and wants to write a news story because he wants to fluff his reputation or he doesn't know that those are older demos.

Anyway the bolded portion is awesome, wouldn't expect anything less from Uncle Axl.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 01:11:11 AM by mrbucketfoot » Logged
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #248 on: April 04, 2008, 01:13:18 AM »

The exec raved about the music. ?It?s really good,? he said. ?Axl?s voice sounds exactly the same, but the songs sound contemporary."

Can someone find out which six songs? Because this could be some guy who heard the leaks and wants to write a news story because he wants to fluff his reputation or he doesn't know that those are older demos.

Anyway the bolded portion is awesome, wouldn't expect anything less from Uncle Axl.

Contemporary...........hmmmm.. I don't know if that is a good word to use.  Who knows what songs he heard, but I wouldn't call "Chinese Democracy" a contemporary tune.  Or "IRS"....  I bet all he heard was Madagascar and Cather in the Rye, cause everything else rocks the fuck out.
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #249 on: April 04, 2008, 06:26:24 AM »

Thanks to somebody at the bar:

Robin's on the net!

Alright

Sweet! I can't wait to see what he is up to over there!! robinfinck.com!!
amyl

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #250 on: April 04, 2008, 08:14:00 AM »

I don't get the whole X-tos thing... I suppose, I have to be from elsewhere, where they do gay stuff and name gay people with gay names. 

Do you know where they invented that stuff?

GREECE!

It's true, I saw it in a movie:

Sidewinder Boss: Hey. Hey. How many times do I have to tell you? No shirt, no service. Get the hell out of my store. What do you think this is, Club Med?
Doug: It's called America, dude. Learn the rules.
Sidewinder Boss: "Learn the rules?" No, YOU learn the rules. We Greeks invented democracy.
Doug: You also invented homos.
Sidewinder Boss: Fuck you.
Doug: You wish. You gotta buy me dinner first.

Classic!  Grin

But, I am well aware that you 'Jarmo' is on my side - but seriously, how can one hang out with Adz?  That's all I have to say, I saw his myspace and is like, whoa.

He's tall. It's the perfect decoy when you don't want attention.....

Good point. 

Love you Fernando Kiss Wink Wink
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 11:08:31 AM by jarmo » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #251 on: April 04, 2008, 10:53:30 AM »

Stop hitting on Fernando in public. Take it to PMs.

Tongue

Contemporary...........hmmmm.. I don't know if that is a good word to use.

Why not? You prefer music that sounds dated?

Like when everybody started using that vocoder effect on their songs because Cher had a hit song where they used one.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #252 on: April 04, 2008, 10:54:21 AM »

I think azd is a bit too skinny to hide yourself behind....

Jarmo, correct, IF the record company wanted to do that. Also, obviously any reunion stuff would be after the new Gnr thing is over. For all we know, that could be tomorrow or that could be 10 years from now. The reunion thing is always a bargaining chip that Axl has in his pocket.

Can't see Axl ever doing that gig man. It wouldn't be unreasonable to assume that Axl was really p1$$3d off with the rest of the band, their habits and I would imagine, the demons Axl has laid to rest involve the first incarnation, can't see him returning there again.  If anything that I've learned about the new guys, is that they are professional, clean and dependable, a place Axl feels at ease in. To some degree, these guys have given Axl the creditability that he's been after, touring, great shows and step into the 21st century, a big departure from 1990's.

At best I could see the odd old member playing a number or two at a show or two, but nothing long term or all together, but hayhoo, this is Gn'R land where anything is possible...

amen to that. No pepper for madagas.
By that time,  it will be a reunion, if any, of this band, ie Chinese democracy one.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #253 on: April 04, 2008, 10:58:25 AM »

Like when everybody started using that vocoder effect on their songs because Cher had a hit song where they used one.

/jarmo

I didn't know you were such a big Cher fan! 

Jarmo <3 Cher!

Of course the music has to sound somewhat contemporary!!!!!!!!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #254 on: April 04, 2008, 11:08:49 AM »

yep the part has me baffled is  "Axl?s voice sounds exactly the same"

axl sounds better than ever and according to axl  people would go it doesn't sounds like axl!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #255 on: April 04, 2008, 03:05:54 PM »

/jarmo

Contemporary, just sounds sterile and boring.  I just would want Guns N' Roses to be anything but "contemporary".  Are we talking about Elton John or Guns N F'N Roses.  Maybe I am confused as to what "contemporary" means.  I always think of the Adult Contemporary radio station where they play John Tesh or Tori Amos.  I guess the Killers would be Contemporary.  I know what you mean Jarmo, I don't want dated.  But that term doesn't really apply to GNR.  Cause GNR has never been a band that plays for the current time.  Axl's music is timeless anyway.  You know? 
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #256 on: April 04, 2008, 03:38:27 PM »

na in this context contemporary means modern.  not the genre Adult Contemporary
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #257 on: April 04, 2008, 05:20:02 PM »

/jarmo

Contemporary, just sounds sterile and boring.  I just would want Guns N' Roses to be anything but "contemporary".  Are we talking about Elton John or Guns N F'N Roses.  Maybe I am confused as to what "contemporary" means.  I always think of the Adult Contemporary radio station where they play John Tesh or Tori Amos.  I guess the Killers would be Contemporary.  I know what you mean Jarmo, I don't want dated.  But that term doesn't really apply to GNR.  Cause GNR has never been a band that plays for the current time.  Axl's music is timeless anyway.  You know? 

Man, I seriously think that the record exec who heard the tracks just meant that the tunes don't sound dated, like Poison sounds dated.  I don't think he meant they sounded like the Killers or like Adult Contemporary, but just like a fresh, vibrant, evolution of Guns N' Roses.

Ali
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #258 on: April 04, 2008, 05:31:07 PM »

/jarmo

Man, I seriously think that the record exec who heard the tracks just meant that the tunes don't sound dated, like Poison sounds dated.  I don't think he meant they sounded like the Killers or like Adult Contemporary, but just like a fresh, vibrant, evolution of Guns N' Roses.

Ali

THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!  I HOPE YOU GUYS SEE WHERE I TOOK THAT THE WRONG WAY.  I just never really heard of a hard rock band's music be called that before, especially GNR. 
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #259 on: April 04, 2008, 05:53:59 PM »

I'm yet to be convinced that the writer actually heard these things from the execs  Roll Eyes
and that this gossip has to be discussed in two threads.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: