Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 10:01:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Is it possible.....
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is it possible.....  (Read 43731 times)
Bitch Slap Rappin
Rocker

« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2008, 11:36:36 AM »

Hi G&R folks. Just arrived. I think if the new cd (I heard there's about three cd's worth of music) gets release it will be recognized and take America by surprise. At this point I hope all goes well because this planet needs a very good kick in the ass!!! What would be even better is if the original line up got together and toured for part of the tour (or a separate tour). That first line up had the magic. I know because I've seen the original line up and than the line up during the Use Your Illusion tour. Both were great. But the first line up was it. (Saw them openning the show with Deep Purple and Aerosmith.) If there is a mystical thing called magic, the first line up was it. Now I haven't heard the current line up in concert so I don't want to be judgemental. I did hear that it was a very professional concert but lacked that magic.
Right now the music business really needs a good swift kick in the ass as well. I'm hoping G&R new cd will do it.
Anything at this point is possible so leave a little room for some hope for Axl and the rest of the crew...........and Welcome to the Jungle!!!!!
deep pocketz
Headliner

Lagada

« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2008, 12:08:42 PM »

I can make that comparison since THIS GNR band has done nothing so far.

Make comparisons until your face turns blue, doesn't mean it's a fair comparison.

When you say nothing, does that include selling out venues and headlining festivals around the world? Maybe in your way of thinking, that's exactly what those other bands you're comparing GN'R to are doing?

These so called comparisons are often just a way for certain people to belittle the band.

/jarmo

I'm not saying it's a bad thing to fade back out of the limelight. I am just making a comment on today's instant gratification society and what have you done for me today mentality.
surforia
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2008, 12:35:09 PM »

First, pissing off your fans by playing the same setlist for 4 years or showing up hours late doesn't necessarily make you 'dangerous' or 'real.' 

Now you're choosing to focus on something that bothers some people who aren't at the shows instead of the real issue which is the attitude and being true to yourself.

You were talking about the attitude right?

Well, doesn't it speak volumes that the band is doing what they feel like doing instead of trying to please every miserable fuckhead on the planet who whines on message boards about some setlist played on the other side of the planet?

I don't understand why people keep saying this... I saw them four times in '06... I was there!  People were getting pissed that they were showing up late.  Didn't they get shit thrown at them in Spain?  Also, people were definitely a little pissed that they were playing the same setlists... again, these are people that were there.  I, for one, had a blast every single time, but that's not to say my friends weren't pissed when they had to wake up for work the next day with 6 hours of sleep.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2008, 12:47:31 PM »

Wait, wait. People THERE were bitching about the setlist?

I'm sorry, I just can't believe it. Unless they were board members, I can't see why someone would complain about it because, for the majority of the crowd, it was the first time they saw the band in years.

Also, about the "I work tomorrow" thing.. It's once in a year. I can't believe grown up people couldn't deal with a late party - hell, I bet people go to a bar and sleep less than 6 hours every week!

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2008, 12:50:49 PM »

Also, about the "I work tomorrow" thing.. It's once in a year. I can't believe grown up people couldn't deal with a late party - hell, I bet people go to a bar and sleep less than 6 hours every week!

It's because they should be blamed themselves for being tired and hungover at work if they go out. So they're quiet about it.

It's only fun to whine when you can blame somebody else.

A friend of mine drove 5 hours from a GN'R show, dropped me off at home and went straight to work.

Yet he doesn't whine about it. He knows it happens once in a while so it's no big deal.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2008, 12:51:21 PM »

First, pissing off your fans by playing the same setlist for 4 years or showing up hours late doesn't necessarily make you 'dangerous' or 'real.' 

Now you're choosing to focus on something that bothers some people who aren't at the shows instead of the real issue which is the attitude and being true to yourself.

Well, doesn't it speak volumes that the band is doing what they feel like doing instead of trying to please every miserable fuckhead on the planet who whines on message boards about some setlist played on the other side of the planet?

I don't understand why people keep saying this... I saw them four times in '06... I was there!  People were getting pissed that they were showing up late.  Didn't they get shit thrown at them in Spain?  Also, people were definitely a little pissed that they were playing the same setlists... again, these are people that were there.  I, for one, had a blast every single time, but that's not to say my friends weren't pissed when they had to wake up for work the next day with 6 hours of sleep.

The setlist issue is bullshit and I'll say why.  In 2002, "Better", "I.R.S.", "Down On The Farm", "You're Crazy", "Nice Boys", "Don't Cry", "There Was A Time", "You Gotta Move" and "Used To Love Her" were not played.  So, it wasn't the same setlist.

As for the late starts, well, that's how it is with GN'R.  It's how it has always been and how it will always be.  Use that information to help you decide whether or not it's worth it to attend a show.

Ali
surforia
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2008, 01:01:12 PM »

I'm not saying I was bitching, but people were bitching that they came on late.  Fact.  Regardless, this is digression.  I think with the right promotion, Chinese Democracy will be huge.  It's gonna sell millions in South America, alone.  I agree with everyone that says the music will speak for itself. 
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 01:04:08 PM by surforia » Logged
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2008, 01:10:27 PM »

The setlist issue is bullshit and I'll say why.  In 2002, "Better", "I.R.S.", "Down On The Farm", "You're Crazy", "Nice Boys", "Don't Cry", "There Was A Time", "You Gotta Move" and "Used To Love Her" were not played.  So, it wasn't the same setlist.

As for the late starts, well, that's how it is with GN'R.  It's how it has always been and how it will always be.  Use that information to help you decide whether or not it's worth it to attend a show.

Ali

In 2002, Not Play: Back In The U., Sailing, Robin Finck Instrumental Blues/Jam, Richard Fortus Beatiful, Bumblefoot Godzilla, Angie, Piano Bar, Mr. Grinch, No Guest Sebastian bach, Not IZZY Stradlin, Not Kid Rock In Nightrain, etc.

Tongue Tongue Tongue

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2008, 01:24:46 PM »

I, for one, had a blast every single time, but that's not to say my friends weren't pissed when they had to wake up for work the next day with 6 hours of sleep.
Exactly how much sleep do your friends needs?  confused

If they can't function on six hours sleep, maybe you should suggest they seek medical help.  Roll Eyes

I'd bet a good majority of those who attended the shows left on such a (natural) high that after the show they just hung out with their friends or other fans and then went straight to work/school without any sleep and fuctioned just fine (or in some cases, better than usual).  headbanger

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2008, 01:39:17 PM »

Hi G&R folks. Just arrived.

Hi BSR and welcome to the board.

If there is a mystical thing called magic, the first line up was it. Now I haven't heard the current line up in concert so I don't want to be judgemental. I did hear that it was a very professional concert but lacked that magic.

Well everyone's entitled to their opinion and whether or not you feel a certain line-up has that all important chemistry is highly subjective, but I can assure you that I felt that the 2006/7 line-up had something pretty special going for it.  I've seen various line-ups of this band and this one ranks up there alongside the best.

Anyway, hopefully you'll get the chance to see and hear for yourself in the not too distant future.   ok

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2008, 02:18:33 PM »

I can make that comparison since THIS GNR band has done nothing so far.

ajajajajja

good joke

rofl rofl rofl

HBK *

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2008, 02:19:37 PM »

I, for one, had a blast every single time, but that's not to say my friends weren't pissed when they had to wake up for work the next day with 6 hours of sleep.
Exactly how much sleep do your friends needs?  confused

If they can't function on six hours sleep, maybe you should suggest they seek medical help.  Roll Eyes

I'd bet a good majority of those who attended the shows left on such a (natural) high that after the show they just hung out with their friends or other fans and then went straight to work/school without any sleep and fuctioned just fine (or in some cases, better than usual).  headbanger

The late shows, I don't mind-I expect it and it dosen't bother me, but this has caused them to lose a lot of fans-here in CLeveland the show did not let out until 2:30 A.M-people were pissed just standing and waiting, and some people were saying "never again"-and I think your under-estimating the amount of people under 21, and under 18 for that matter-there were a lot of young kids who want to see a Guns n Roses show, and try explaining to your parents walking in at 3 AM for a concert-to people who say "who needs a lot of sleep" or whatever are not thinking of the circumstances of what some people who go to a concert go through-I know were a little off topic here, but I know they have lost a lot of fans through the years this way, and younger fans, which is even worse

libertad
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2008, 02:27:50 PM »

Prolly because they were too young to stay awake this late anyways. Tongue

Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2008, 02:36:50 PM »

I think in 1988 the majority of Guns fanbase were probably in high school-I should know-I was one Wink

libertad
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2008, 02:58:58 PM »

and were they always on time? finished before midnight?
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2008, 03:04:06 PM »

I'm not sure about the 80's-it seemed like it started more around the UYI era, but I could be wrong

libertad
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2008, 03:16:47 PM »

and I think your under-estimating the amount of people under 21, and under 18 for that matter-there were a lot of young kids who want to see a Guns n Roses show, and try explaining to your parents walking in at 3 AM for a concert-to people who say "who needs a lot of sleep" or whatever are not thinking of the circumstances of what some people who go to a concert go through-I know were a little off topic here, but I know they have lost a lot of fans through the years this way, and younger fans, which is even worse
I think you are under-estimating the number of parents of todays younger fans who are GNR fans themselves.  Wink

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2008, 03:57:16 PM »

I'm not sure about the 80's-it seemed like it started more around the UYI era, but I could be wrong

I'M Fans From 1987.... OLD GUNNER

peace

HBK *

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2008, 05:01:53 PM »

Oh, please. Roll Eyes

Any news about Axl or GNR gets a lot of media attention. It's not like they are not relevant anymore.. There's way too much curiosity about the album, regardless of people might expect.

Just Google for Dr. Pepper and you see what I mean.

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2008, 05:09:37 PM »

Started with AFD; right around SCOM came out and in heavy rotation on MTV
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: