Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 06:36:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Is it possible.....
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is it possible.....  (Read 43076 times)
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« on: April 23, 2008, 06:12:02 PM »

Hello all.

As most of us remember, back in the early 90's GNR basically was THE band....period.  I felt like a lot of people forgot about them after lies was released.   They ruled the rock world when UYI came out, now it seems like a lot of people have forgotten about them again. 

In your opinion, with the release of CD will they again rule the music world?  I sure hope so!

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 06:16:50 PM »

Excellent thread   peace

This signature is very funny.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 06:22:34 PM »

they rule my world that's for sure, the world haven't forgotten the smallest little thing axl does and it at least gets a little notice in the magazines, just ask bon jovi

the haters will be proven wrong even though they won't admit it
Smokey
Headliner

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 06:26:11 PM »

I hope so, I was far too young to witness all that illusions stuff (only 2). It would be great though everywhere you go chinese democracy is there, on the radio, internet adds, T.V adds, music tv stations playin new gnr videos as well as old-(just for the sake of it), the cd bein rotated constantly in music shops, billboards posters, interviews etc..

Kinda the way amrican idiot was for green day, only this time it will be for a good product hihi
MikeFrett
Headliner

Don't damn me

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 06:32:09 PM »

I was thinking about this today. I was thinking to myself that there are millions of teens now, that don't even know who the gunners are, all they know is Hip-Hop.

I think it's actually our job to do a little show n' tell.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008, 06:42:26 PM »

Hello all.

As most of us remember, back in the early 90's GNR basically was THE band....period.  I felt like a lot of people forgot about them after lies was released.   They ruled the rock world when UYI came out, now it seems like a lot of people have forgotten about them again. 

In your opinion, with the release of CD will they again rule the music world?  I sure hope so!

I dont agree...
I think GnR is really popular again already. i often hear people talking about them, talkin about all the smal news updates. Some people may not care as much as you and me, but they sure know about GnR, Chinese Democracy, Dr Pepper`s propotion really got out there, and the 2006 tour. Some people care more then others, but everyone knows. I wonder how often, when in a music discussion i have heard "So, is the new GnR coming out this year or what?". "I dont think its ever gonna se the light of day", "Why dont Axl realease it?"  etc etc...

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 06:48:36 PM »

Hello all.

No, but they will rule our world, because we're starvin for something new and Axl is brilliant, so we're all waiting to be mesmerized again.

i don't think Gn'R Will ever be as huge as they were for obvious reasons. but they're still a household name and they'll be one of the most sucessful touring bands always.

and for us fans, they'll always be n?1 and thats all that counts

Chinese Democracy!
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008, 06:54:35 PM »

well with today's music I say its entirely possible. I remember a time when they killed glam metal and they took over with their street attitude.  As far as today goes with the genre being commericalized hip hop, emo, pop, ect I believe they could do it, its just that MTV kinda promotes toward hip hop, laguna beach, the hills type pop rock its not the same say 15 yrs ago.  Its all about marketing their all ready a big name so is the words Chinese Democracy its just how they promote the album Im not worried about the album itself cause I gurantee u there's more than 3 hits on that record.  My gut tells me Axl has a story to tell and alot of people will wanna know.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
ben9785
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2008, 07:03:29 PM »

Guns 'N Roses is still a big name today based on the 'classic' songs. Anyone who is a fan of rock music at the very least appreciates them. And most music fans out there know about "Chinese Democracy", even if they may not be as obsessive over its progress as we are here. People may have "moved on" over the years; people are still bitching and moaning about the past/lineup etc, but when Axl's voice hits the speakers - EVERYONE WILL CARE.

Look at the current state of music industry; posers, imitators, washed up reunion tours etc

Somebody REAL needs to come in and bring some REAL, INSPIRED music to the world. None of this retro / garage-rock bullshit.

Axl has made his place in music history, and there's no reason why history can't be repeated again.

THE MUSIC WILL SPEAK FOR ITSELF

« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 07:05:27 PM by ben785 » Logged
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2008, 07:09:24 PM »

Excellent thread   peace

i feel your sarcasm

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2008, 07:32:19 PM »

IF the music is great... as most of us think it will be... then... YES... Guns N' Roses can once again be HUGE and dominate the air waves. It will probably be completely different in "feeling" than the AFD or UYI days though. They're no longer a bunch of 20 something sex symbol rebels raising hell. Axl is the only world-wide known figure in the band (Tommy is well known within his "circle" and amongst music critics, etc.) and he's 46 years old now. There should still be some of the "GN'R aura" around the band though b/c Axl is still a rock icon and an intriguing enigma. Hopefully, most of all, it will be an era of artistic achievement, commercial success and band stability.... with LOTS of shows. beer 

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2008, 08:03:33 PM »

Guns N' Roses in the early 90s were absolutely massive.  Take Coldplay today and multiply it by 10, that's how big they were.  They were selling out 40 - 70 thousand person venues; never mind arenas, they were a stadium beast.  I remember being 12 years old in 1992 with November Rain being played every 40 minutes on MTV or Much Music, not being able to go anywhere without seeing guys and girls in GNR paraphernalia.  If you weren't around at the time to experience it, it's hard to know what it was like 'cause not another band has been as big as they were. 

So that said, while I'd love to see a return of old, I have my doubts that we'll see such a phenomenon again.  GNR stood for anarchy, rebellion, danger - an attitude that was authentic and real.  It was something that teenagers and early-20 somethings were able to buy into.  I just don't see the same associations anymore - the band seems more like a business, a brand than an out of control freight train.  Moreover, with Axl only a few years from 50, it's hard for him to be the voice of the young and misunderstood.  Eminem seemed to have picked up that torch a few years ago (though he's recently been withdrawing himself from the limelight as well).   

But who knows, I'm not ready to count the man and his band out yet.  The odds are definitely against him, but how great would it be to GNR and Axl Rose reign supreme at the rock n' roll throne once more.

Cheers,

Andrew

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2008, 08:14:26 PM »

GNR stood for anarchy, rebellion, danger - an attitude that was authentic and real.  It was something that teenagers and early-20 somethings were able to buy into.  I just don't see the same associations anymore

Sorry, I just find it funny you saying those words and saying you don't see it in GN'R anymore.

How many fans aren't upset because GN'R doesn't play by the "rock n' roll rule book"?

I do think GN'R today are still about something real, something genuine in a time where everything is watered down and formatted to fit a certain market or group.

Take U2 for example. They were about those things when they started. They still sell out stadiums but nobody would complain that Bono isn't the same angry man he was in the early 80s.

But just like with Axl, it doesn't have to mean that his principles have changed.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ben9785
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2008, 08:45:55 PM »

Yes, Axl is bringing GNR back into an industry lacking anyone who is genuine and passionate about what he does.

I will continue to support Axl and GNR as they exist today because the man goes by his own rules with no compromise. No, he's not a young angry wild rocker, and I wouldn't expect him to be at his age - unlike a number of other musicians from his era who still look and act like 20 year olds, 'reliving' the past with their nostalgia tours. Obviously the album hasn't come out yet so he hasn't a chance to fully bring his new musical vision for GNR to life yet, but in time..
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 08:52:10 PM by ben785 » Logged
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2008, 08:56:06 PM »

Hello all.

GUNS N 'ROSES & CHINESE DEMOCRACY, Break The Rules Of The Current Music... Remember.

beer smoking beer

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2008, 09:51:49 PM »

Guns will always be relevant in music. In the NJ/NYC area, Krock, Q104.3, and 105.5 WDHA are  still playing Guns songs. I'm not sure if GNR will ever be as big as they once were no matter which lineup is  in Guns. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that  the music industry has changed so much.  However, GNR has classics that will ALWAYS get played because the music was/is awesome! I think they still are the next Aerosmith.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2008, 09:58:44 PM »

In your opinion, with the release of CD will they again rule the music world? 

you bet your balls they will.

i'm hoping they'll come back kinda like red hot chille peppers did

they were forgotten for a while too in the 90s weren't they then they came back and.....yeah....right?

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2008, 10:55:04 PM »

Times are different today so they'll rule in a different way.  A tremendous amount of press will be bestowed upon them when cd is released.  GN'R has ruled my world since 1988, alebeit between '95 and '00 they were not at the top of my list.  But I'm obsessed now more then ever!  With all of the bickering that goes on here we should put a self imposed moratorium on any fighting and just exhale that the wait is over when CD is finally released...just for one day.  Then we can go back to overanalyzing the songs and everything else!

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
axl4ever
Opening Act

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2008, 11:24:02 PM »

Here's just my opinion.  If anyone remembers when GNR performed at the MTV Video Awards a few yrs ago, people were pumped and the only orginal member was Axl.  He didn't sound that great (just that night) and no one knew the rest of the band (besides Dizzy) people were pumped for GNR in any line up.  It was the one Jummy Fallon hosted.  People were excited to see Axl. 
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2008, 01:00:41 AM »

Axl has that effortless cool about him, which will always be appealing. Gn'R is a band full of great musicians performing incredible shows with a high level of production.
They definitely still have that rebellious edge, even if it isn't to the point of excess. The fire, the anger is there. I love it.

See, if Axl was like everyone else, whenever he'd go out he'd tip off paparazzi, do loads of interviews, and run his mouth. Not to mention put on shitty shows. But he doesn't.

Axl and Mick Jagger are two people that I will constantly commend for leaving it all on the stage.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: