Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 09:54:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227937 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Powerslam Predictions
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Powerslam Predictions  (Read 78793 times)
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #160 on: August 18, 2008, 05:27:54 PM »

I was sure Cena would win, that's 3 consecutive PPV's he's lost at. Not a good ppv for me overall  no

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
Evolution
« Reply #161 on: August 18, 2008, 07:58:24 PM »

GNRfan or Cowbell

1 week Signature bet on powerslam predictions.

If I win, u guys have to rock a sig of my choice for one week.

if u guys win, each of u can give me a sig to rock for a week.

Bet?

So can i choose your signature now? I've got a doozy! yes

Check the thread out my friend. U never accepted the bet. U can't see that u won and then say "Yeah I bet u"

That wold be like seeing who won the super bowl and then calling the bookie and saying give me the Giants.

We will do one on the next game IF u agree to it.

Oh Donald! how did i know you would riggle free of embaressment.

You get the moral victory. With booking predictions like that, it's obvious you would win!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #162 on: August 18, 2008, 08:07:44 PM »

I was sure Cena would win, that's 3 consecutive PPV's he's lost at. Not a good ppv for me overall  no
I'd be backing him next PPV then, I mean surely he can't go 0-4 can he?

While I'm here, Jim proposed a rule idea to me, now I'm going to "try" and remember it and roll with it.

People often when they PM me put (Interference by "Insert Name Here").

I know people want points to be given for stuff like this, as Jim said it would add a bit more depth, but obviously it needs to be laid out clearly as to how it would work.

Firstly it would be done via a bell-to-bell rule.  This would mean anybody present before the ring bell is rung would not be counted as intefering.  A case in point would be predicting Katie Lea Burchill who is Paul Burchill's valet getting involved in his matches, well she's there from the start and ALWAYS does in some way or form so she would not count.  We are looking at run-ins by people during the match who are not there before the bell and obviously after the match has finished.

For example Shelton Benjamin's run-in was during the match so that would count.

Rajin Singh attempting to distract Triple H etc. would not count, he came down at the start.

I hope people see these clearer than its sounding to me as I type this (It's clearer in my head....see I knew you should of posted this Jim)

Anyway points wise.  You would get +5 for correctly predicting a run-in, but, to stop people constantly predicting a run-in EVERY match just to try and get some bonus points, -5 would be given if you incorrectly predicted a run-in, for example, several people predicted Orton and Foley runs ins, that incorrect prediction would garner them -5.

Ok, hope that's kinda clear, what does everyone think?
Evolution
« Reply #163 on: August 18, 2008, 08:12:45 PM »

I'd be backing him next PPV then, I mean surely he can't go 0-4 can he?

While I'm here, Jim proposed a rule idea to me, now I'm going to "try" and remember it and roll with it.

People often when they PM me put (Interference by "Insert Name Here").

I know people want points to be given for stuff like this, as Jim said it would add a bit more depth, but obviously it needs to be laid out clearly as to how it would work.

Firstly it would be done via a bell-to-bell rule.  This would mean anybody present before the ring bell is rung would not be counted as intefering.  A case in point would be predicting Katie Lea Burchill who is Paul Burchill's valet getting involved in his matches, well she's there from the start and ALWAYS does in some way or form so she would not count.  We are looking at run-ins by people during the match who are not there before the bell and obviously after the match has finished.

For example Shelton Benjamin's run-in was during the match so that would count.

Rajin Singh attempting to distract Triple H etc. would not count, he came down at the start.

I hope people see these clearer than its sounding to me as I type this (It's clearer in my head....see I knew you should of posted this Jim)

Anyway points wise.  You would get +5 for correctly predicting a run-in, but, to stop people constantly predicting a run-in EVERY match just to try and get some bonus points, -5 would be given if you incorrectly predicted a run-in, for example, several people predicted Orton and Foley runs ins, that incorrect prediction would garner them -5.

Ok, hope that's kinda clear, what does everyone think?

Aye, it comes across perfectly clear to me. Sounds like a winning idea too.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #164 on: August 19, 2008, 01:43:32 AM »

Well, unless Cena is winning the title, he will be 0-4

how do we predict that match? Do we just say who  holds the belt at the end? or do we have to try to predict every one who wins during the match?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #165 on: August 19, 2008, 04:37:56 AM »

Well, unless Cena is winning the title, he will be 0-4

how do we predict that match? Do we just say who  holds the belt at the end? or do we have to try to predict every one who wins during the match?

I guess we would just pick who ends with the belt and who pins who. otherwise it'll get silly

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #166 on: August 19, 2008, 04:50:01 AM »

I wonder how the WWE game scoring will be done? If someone wins a title twice that'd be a shit ton of points.

BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #167 on: August 19, 2008, 09:31:04 AM »

Interference points sound good. Am I right in thinking that someone running down to the ring but not actually getting physically involved in the match (ie. Benjamin last night during Hardy/MVP) counts as interference??

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #168 on: August 19, 2008, 03:33:28 PM »

I am all about getting extra points for guessing an interference and loosing some for getting it wrong, but a +5 and -5 aint worth it, IF you were going to give points it should be

+10 for a Correct Interfence and
-5 for an Incorrect one.

Makes it worth the gamble to risk,

Otherwise I dont really see a point in guessing someone running in and I wont. Thats just me

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #169 on: August 23, 2008, 07:48:36 AM »

yey second!

(sorry, only just read the thread - watched Summerslam yesterday)

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #170 on: August 25, 2008, 08:30:47 AM »

I am all about getting extra points for guessing an interference and loosing some for getting it wrong, but a +5 and -5 aint worth it, IF you were going to give points it should be

+10 for a Correct Interfence and
-5 for an Incorrect one.

Makes it worth the gamble to risk,

Otherwise I dont really see a point in guessing someone running in and I wont. Thats just me

or maybe you could just get to predict one match per PPV with a run in with no points penalty, so maximum points per PPV for runs ins are 10 but if you're wrong then  you dont lose points

[/color]

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #171 on: August 25, 2008, 04:30:29 PM »

It all sounds like alot of work personally for Hammy. I think for the first game we should just leave it how it is to keep it simplest for scoring.

BUT, if you are going to change it you need to also do -5 pts, otherwise people would be predicting all evening long, so allowing 1 prediction of a run in without loosing any points with the possibility of getting 5 or 10 would be ok.

I dont think its worth +5 for correct -5 for incorrect because the run in wont happen 50% of the time, so you will end up loosing points in the long run, which maybe this was suggest so people will stop predicting runins.  and we can focus on the most important things, "Predicting everyone will get hard ons during the womens matches, like my earlier prediction."

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #172 on: August 29, 2008, 07:50:46 PM »

Unforgiven is happening in just over a week.

We need to decide, are we going with this Inteference rule and if so, how are we working things?  People seem to be throwing out numerous ideas, I'm happy going with whatever the general consensus is, as long as its feasable, scoring wise like.

Scramble front is decided, predict the winner and who they pin/sub/tko last of all.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #173 on: August 29, 2008, 07:52:39 PM »

As long as u get a  -5 if u miss.

Makes it more risky and better. U have to have penalties or its no fun.

Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #174 on: August 29, 2008, 08:11:25 PM »

Unforgiven is happening in just over a week.

We need to decide, are we going with this Inteference rule and if so, how are we working things?  People seem to be throwing out numerous ideas, I'm happy going with whatever the general consensus is, as long as its feasable, scoring wise like.

Scramble front is decided, predict the winner and who they pin/sub/tko last of all.

Personally i think its a bit overkill. I would hardly ever use it unless i was 90% sure. But if it is done i think the reward should match the punishment. so if its 10 points of you're right, it should be 10 deducted if you're wrong

[/color]

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #175 on: August 29, 2008, 08:12:59 PM »

So that's 1-1 right?

You like it D and you think it's overkill Gnrfan.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #176 on: August 29, 2008, 08:24:04 PM »

No GNR fan and I agree. If u get it right and get it wrong it should be the same 5 for getting it right, 5 for getting it wrong that way people cant just randomly guess.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #177 on: August 29, 2008, 08:26:47 PM »

No GNR fan and I agree.
I was talking about liking the rule.  We aren't even going to bring it in if most are against it.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #178 on: August 29, 2008, 08:29:11 PM »

I don't think he is against it. He just said punishment should fit the crime all though he and Cowbell definitely tie for being most vague.

Can u picture these guys trying to get laid:

"I think I want u to give me head but Im not sure so maybe just kiss me but u can do what u want if thats ok with u..............

these dudes confuse the shit out of u!

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #179 on: August 29, 2008, 08:31:11 PM »

Saying you think its overkill is hardly endorsing it dude, that's not vague.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: