Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 09:54:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227937 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Powerslam Predictions
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Powerslam Predictions  (Read 78792 times)
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #240 on: October 06, 2008, 06:38:31 AM »

All a bit predicatbale Cry I got 6 out of 7 winners and I really should have got the Big Show match, here I was hoping that fued would just die.....

...I am surprised Jeff Hardy jobbed, though when your against Triple H that should have been obvious - I expected a Koslov interference to set up a feud and avoid humiliating Jeff Hardy.

...I notice just about everyone got the Kane/Mysterio match right - that was always ending in a DQ

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #241 on: October 06, 2008, 07:06:44 AM »

So does this game end at the end of November?

Nope.

The game goes to the end of the year, so there's 3 more PPVs.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #242 on: October 06, 2008, 04:02:30 PM »

Not to make excuses as I havnt seen Raw in two weeks, BUT if I had knowed of Adalme adding the fact that if rey looses he would have to reveal his mask I wouldnt of picked Kane.  I am not interested in the fued at all, its boring, and Rey has only been back for 3-4 matches why would they have him loose his mask, when seeing him in the ring is a fresher face after he was injured.

TO Clarify by the end of November you mean the WWE Champion on November 30, @ 11:59 pm right? If so I only need Trips to win 2 more PPV matches, God I am glad he's nailing Stephanie right now, so I got a chance at an extra 50 points.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #243 on: October 06, 2008, 04:44:58 PM »

To Clarify by the end of November you mean the WWE Champion on November 30, @ 11:59 pm right?
Aye, that just about covers it.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #244 on: October 06, 2008, 04:48:02 PM »

Technically though, shouldnt it be who is the champ at the end of the game? or are u assuming if it doesnt change at SS it won't?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #245 on: October 06, 2008, 04:50:39 PM »

I kind of had a disagreement with Hammy yesterday and I think we need to clear this up.

On the Interference

Santino accompanied Beth to ringside, so we were automatically out 5pts for choosing that cause he came to ringside.

Cade, Usually comes to Ringside but didnt therefore u get the 5pts.

I think we need to fix this.

I think we should amend it to, if outside interference leads to the victory u get 5pts.

This way it can include managers/valets etc.

Cause if u get an automatic -5 if they walk down to ringside, it just makes it pretty much pointless to even have in the game.

So anyone should be able to interfere BUT to get the pts, they have to cause their wrestler to get the win.

so if their interference doesn't yield a victory, u get -5.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #246 on: October 06, 2008, 04:58:27 PM »

Technically though, shouldnt it be who is the champ at the end of the game? or are u assuming if it doesnt change at SS it won't?
No technically the question "Who will be WWE Champion at the end of November?" means just that.

Since the game ends in December that'd be changing the question.

Cause if u get an automatic -5 if they walk down to ringside, it just makes it pretty much pointless to even have in the game.
The rule isn't perfect but it's clear enough.  Evolution said to me straight away.... so that's -5 upon Santino going to ringside.

And it doesn't make it pointless, people interferring like Kozlov could have (and many thought he would) and Edge in the past, they aren't coming down to ringside from the outset.

The whole point of the rule, to eliminate valets/managers was to stop people picking the obvious ones i.e. Tony Atlas who come down to ringside every match.

With Santino it was definately a gamble, but one that could have been worth it.  On RAW he's been costing Beth matches so last week she told him to stay backstage and not get involved cos he keeps costing her matches.  So a logical "guess" would be to think the same would happen at No Mercy, but when Beth looks to be losing, Santino going against what she says shows up anyway.

Cade doesn't always come down with Jericho he does more run-ins than walking down with Jericho these days.

You have the problem of questioning if someone is there from the outset, is it interference, if they are sat at ringside, and don't make physical contact, but they could still be a distraction.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #247 on: October 06, 2008, 05:45:38 PM »

God I am glad he's nailing Stephanie right now

So's he.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #248 on: October 07, 2008, 06:02:19 PM »

I can't beleive how somepeople scored so little on that PPV.

Matches were easy and the Cade run-in was 110% cert.

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #249 on: October 08, 2008, 02:22:17 PM »

I can't beleive how somepeople scored so little on that PPV.

Matches were easy and the Cade run-in was 110% cert.

I missed Raw for 2 or 3 weeks, and quickly sent in my predictions, I would of never picked Kane over Mysterio in a Mask off match. Rey lost one before in WCW and he looks like a baby face without it, WIth him just coming back from injury it would of been stupid to predict Rey loosing a Mask Match. I just need to hang onto some points and Hope Trips keeps on Hanging onto his Belt, He is a big draw and good for the My Network so I think they would want to keep a face as champion for awhile. I could use those 50 points.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #250 on: October 18, 2008, 11:33:09 AM »

I know we are still a week away, but how does the scoring for cybr sunday work, are we going to predict the match and then the winner of that match? Like with the tag choice, you agot 3 different match choices, two teams to pick from, how the match will end, who pins who, simple questions getting complexed.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #251 on: October 18, 2008, 02:14:54 PM »

I think we should seperate

I think u should get points for picking correct opponent and points for picking the winner.

so if u pick Santino to win, u should get pts regardless of who he beats. and if u do pick the right stipulation, u get extra for that

Also, i  think u should get a bonus if u pick every opponent and stipulation correct.

Maybe next game, we can play ahead a little better for these types of scenarios.

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #252 on: October 18, 2008, 02:25:09 PM »

I don't know wasn't it last year the fans voted in THE MIZ for the ECW match out of the blue?

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #253 on: October 18, 2008, 02:33:51 PM »

I think I agree with D here, maybe to keep it simple we eliminate the guess the correct order of matches for this ppv and then apply the 5 points for picking the correct stipulation. Then regular points if you pick the winner.  Now for the tag match if you don't predict it right oviously by default you couldnt get any points, but with Santino, you still should get points. I mean it could be CHarlie Haas coming out or WWE could just randomly change it last minute, and that would suck for our game. Maybe +5 for correct prediction, regular points for the match, if you get the stipulation wrong you can still get points for the match as I view there honest system as I view WWE website, and we dont trust that.

So Points for the match, and points for the stipulation.

In the event of of the tag match if you pick the wrong stipulation then you couldnt get any points.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #254 on: October 18, 2008, 07:32:46 PM »

Read Carefully - Cyber Sunday Explained!

1) Tag Match:  Mickie James & Jamie Noble vs William Regal & Layla.

Kofi Kingston & CM Punk vs Ted Dibiase (c) & Cody Rhodes (c).

The In Crowd vs Cryme Tyme.

Pick the right match for (+5).  If you pick the right match, obviously scoring is as normal.  (+10) for the correct winners and (+5) for the method.

2) ECW Title Match: Matt Hardy (c) vs Evan Bourne, Finlay or Mark Henry.

Pick the right match for (+5).  If you pick the wrong match then you can still score if you correctly pick Matt Hardy to win (+10) and obviously if you get this right you can get (+5) for the method.

3) Kane vs Rey Mysterio.  (+5) for the correct stipulation. 2/3 falls, falls count anywhere, no holds barred.  (+10) for the winner and (+5) for the correct method, if it's 2/3 falls then I want the method of the FINAL fall.

4) Intercontinental Title Match: Santino Marella (c) vs Honky Tonk Man, Rowdy Roddy Piper or Goldust.  Pick the right match (+5) and as in the Matt Hardy match, you can still gain the full 15 match points, winner and method, even if you choose the wrong opponent, assuming you pick Santino to win and he does.

5) Undertaker vs Big Show Match.  (+5) for the correct stipulation.  Knockout, I Quit, Last Man Standing.  Obviously for this you get (+10) for the correct winner.  As is the case with these matches the method doesn't matter because there is only 1 way to win each match.  Obviously if you pick the wrong match you would pick the wrong finish, but that doesn't matter because your bonus would come in the form of the (+5) for the correct stipulation.

6) World Heavyweight Title Match: Chris Jericho (c) vs Batista. (+5) if you pick the correct Guest Referee; Shawn Michaels, Randy Orton or "Stone Cold" Steve Austin.  Rest of the match is as usual, (+10) for the winner and (+5) for the match.

7) WWE Heavyweight Title Match: Triple H (c) vs Jeff Hardy, Vladimir Kozlov or Jeff Hardy & Vladimir Kozlov.  (+5) for picking the correct match.  Then (+10) for the correct winner and (+5) for the correct method.

We are STILL doing match order.  With a total of (+30) if you get it....remember that does NOT count on top of the (+2) you get for each match, that is instead of.

If you get all the voting predictions correct you will get (+35) in total, if you manage that we will add on an extra (+20).

The interference rule is gone! (For now)

Also, I think D suggested it above and Evolution suggested it to me during the last PPV.  If you predict all the correct winners (not methods just winners) you will get (+20)

So all in all this show is LOADED with possible points.

Quick calculation and I "think" there are a total of 210 points available.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #255 on: October 18, 2008, 07:35:28 PM »

ok one quesiton

so if I have Matt hardy as the opening match, it doesnt matter who he wrestles as long as its ECW title match for the correct order???

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #256 on: October 18, 2008, 07:44:13 PM »

ok one quesiton

so if I have Matt hardy as the opening match, it doesnt matter who he wrestles as long as its ECW title match for the correct order???
Aye correct order you just say:

ECW Title Match
Pick The Tag Match
IC Title Match
Undertaker/Show
Kane/Mysterio
World Title Match
WWE Title Match
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #257 on: October 19, 2008, 01:04:57 PM »

So many points up for grabs I think this could be make or break for anyone, just missing up one prediction  could make a new leader in this game.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #258 on: October 19, 2008, 01:27:46 PM »

So many points up for grabs I think this could be make or break for anyone, just missing up one prediction  could make a new leader in this game.
Sounds as if your nervous Cowbell.  hihi

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #259 on: October 19, 2008, 02:12:00 PM »

Damn, thats complicated

...like a TNA gimmick match....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: