Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 02, 2024, 08:48:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227983 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  GUNS N' ROSES: New Book 'Watch You Bleed' Due In August
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: GUNS N' ROSES: New Book 'Watch You Bleed' Due In August  (Read 12566 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: June 16, 2008, 04:06:15 PM »

GUNS N' ROSES: New Book 'Watch You Bleed' Due In August - June 16, 2008

"Watch You Bleed: The Saga of Guns N' Roses", a new GUNS N' ROSES book that chronicles the remarkable rise of Axl Rose's band, "from their days as a Sunset Strip street gang dealing drugs to AEROSMITH's Steven Tyler and Joe Perry to their eventual coronation as the kings of [sleaze rock]," is scheduled for release on August 26 via Gotham. Playboy magazine is publishing a 10,000-word excerpt in an upcoming issue. "Believe it or not, Playboy's sending a photographer over to shoot me," author Stephen Davis told the Boston Globe. "I just hope they airbrush my nipples."

For more information, visit Amazon.com.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=99132

Watch You Bleed: The Saga of Guns N' Roses
Davis, Stephen. Gotham Bks Pages 448.
The best-selling author of Hammer of the Gods goes behind the glitter to reveal the complete story of the
superstar rock group Guns N' Roses and its front man, W. Axl Rose, profiling each member of the band
and their turbulent history from the group's 1980s origins to its rise to the heights of the music world.
75,000 first printing. .

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Wando
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 04:09:53 PM »

Sounds interesting. Hammer of Gods is great, atleast.
suicide
VIP

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 04:48:34 PM »

So we have to buy Playboy magazine for it's articles now?
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 04:57:12 PM »

I hope he is fair and balanced.  That's my only hope.

Ali
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 05:13:17 PM »

^^I agree with that. ok

A little more from the Boston Globe...

You still can't travel too far in Los Angeles without hearing "Sweet Child o' Mine" on the radio, and that bodes well for Milton music writer Stephen Davis, author of the forthcoming "Watch You Bleed: The Saga of Guns N' Roses." "It's weird because I was watching the Celtics and Lakers while I put the finishing touches on 'Hammer of the Gods,' " says Davis, referring to his bestseller about Led Zeppelin. "Now, 24 years later, I'm watching Celtics and Lakers again and putting the finishing touches on the G N' R book."

http://www.boston.com/ae/celebrity/articles/2008/06/16/dialing_up_the_intensity/?page=2

LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 05:31:49 PM »

Probably yet another book full of rehashed articles from Circus Magazine, Spin, Metal Edge etc..Yawn, I'll still buy it though..
axl in lafayette
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 09:47:27 PM »

what the fuck could be written about a band that doesn't exist anymore that hasn't ALREADY been written?!
troccoli
VIP

Please allow me to introduce myself

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2008, 10:05:33 PM »

"Watch You Bleed: The Saga of Guns N' Roses", a new GUNS N' ROSES book that chronicles the remarkable rise of Axl Rose's band, "from their days as a Sunset Strip street gang dealing drugs to AEROSMITH's Steven Tyler and Joe Perry to their eventual coronation as the kings of [sleaze rock]," is scheduled for release on August 26 via Gotham. Playboy magazine is publishing a 10,000-word excerpt in an upcoming issue. "Believe it or not, Playboy's sending a photographer over to shoot me," author Stephen Davis told the Boston Globe. "I just hope they airbrush my nipples."

See the part of the quote highlighted above?  Shit like that's why I won't be buying this book!

All I need is some clarity and someone to tell me WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!!!! GOD DAMN IT!!!!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2008, 10:15:09 PM »

See the part of the quote highlighted above?  Shit like that's why I won't be buying this book!

That is from the Boston Globe's reporting/article...not necessarily from the book? (the link is a few posts up)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 01:00:38 AM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

The Hinge
Headliner

Here Today...and every bloody day

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2008, 01:18:25 AM »

You'll find this NEW book in the 'Dead Horse section' of your local friendly library  hihi

'Most organized religions make a mockery of humanity'
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2008, 03:29:54 AM »

I thought it was common knowledge that Izzy was once Joe Perry's dealer? I'm sure it's in Walk This Way. Which was written by Davis, as well, mind you.

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
GeraldFord
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2008, 05:47:33 PM »

It's as bad as the Wall book. I'd give this one a pass...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2008, 05:54:24 PM »

After reading a few excerpts from the book, I was sorry I started this thread.  I was hoping it would just go away. hihi

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2008, 06:01:25 PM »

After reading a few excerpts from the book, I was sorry I started this thread.  I was hoping it would just go away. hihi

I respect the fact that Mr. Davis has written a couple of acclaimed books on Led Zeppeling and Aerosmith, but the part of this book on the new GN'R is really inaccurate and disappointing.

He talks about 1997 and then he says the album's title is announced.  He says the show at Wembley with Baz taking over on vocals happened in 2002.  He says that when David Wild of RS heard some new tracks in 1999, that RS was politely unmoved.  Does this sound like "politely unmoved": 

Song after song combines the edgy hard rock force and pop smarts of vintage Guns N Roses with surprisingly modern and ambitious music textures.

I haven't read the rest of the book yet, but the Chinese Democracy section left me unenthusiastic to do so.

Ali
GeraldFord
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2008, 06:13:49 PM »

He rehashes the 1992 Kurt/Axl  MTV/VMA feud, saying that Kurt had ?dealt with assholes his whole life,? meaning that Axl  is just another asshole.

Yeah, real objective journalism.
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2008, 06:16:12 PM »

I'll wait another 14 years for Axl to finish his autobiography...unless he was in the band, or 'around' the band ala Marc Canter, it is going to be the same old rehashed BS with, at best, a few new lies or exaggerations from outsiders and hallucinating groupies. rant

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2008, 09:54:59 PM »

whats the best rock and roll book out there (besides the DIRT)? because at my school they make us read 15 minutes of the day so i need to get a good book to actually read then and when i'm in detension, whether its G'n'R or Led Zeppelin i don't care i just need somthing. Would any one recomend this one?

PS. for those that know i'm a KISS fan don't sugest those cause i've read the majority of 'em

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2008, 11:42:42 PM »

Damn, I was hoping this book would be decent after finishing Reckless Road and Slash, I was hungry for more.  Back to the drawing board.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2008, 08:43:58 AM »

The only thing interesting now would be if another member of the original band wrote a book.... Axl, anybody?

Fuck 'Em All.
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2008, 09:10:36 AM »

The only thing interesting now would be if another member of the original band wrote a book.... Axl, anybody?
If Axl wrote a biography, or maybe even Duff would be a good read I'm sure, and probably more credible too.  Maybe after Axl's done with his music career lol...  Anyway will probably buy the book to add to the others, and to maybe pass the time reading it on occasion, prolly doesn't offer much that we don't already no. Undecided

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: