Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 08:57:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  G&R songs explained, visions and taiste.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: G&R songs explained, visions and taiste.  (Read 51201 times)
Bitch Slap Rappin
Rocker

« on: July 03, 2008, 02:50:29 PM »

I'm starting a thread here about what the songs are about. Feel free to add. But I'd like to keep it in order of songs that appear on the cd's along with the order of releases that came in chronological order. (O.k we don't have to get to specific in regards to the releases)
First cd Appetitie for Destruction:

First track: Welcome to the Jungle

This song is what it is like living from day to day on the streets with almost no home to crash in. The sentiment here is really the young adolescents who turned away from a past life. In example: Leaving a broken home or moving away from your town to another town.
 Welcome to the Jungle is a street survival song which was going on everywhere but paticularly in the streets of LA. Trying to make it to your next meal and dealing and wheeling to make some money to survive. In the case of the songwriters of this song I would say it was about what I just wrote but also the added frustrations of trying to break it in the music business when there are no lucky breaks or hand outs. Welcome to the Jungle is one of those songs that carry on the philosophical sentiment from one generation to the other.  It's one of those songs that grind out the pissed off what the """" feeling we all feel from time to time when life's struggle is really ripping us apart at the seams. I guess for me the clip in the video where Axl is in that electric chair and he's screaming and twisting uncontrollably really protrays how some of us feel when life is kicking us in the ass........real hard!!!!

Next song: It's so Easy...............(Feel free to write one for the 2nd song off of Appetite)
By the way it's alright if there are two posts for one song. Just respect each others views because not everyone is going to have the same exact perception of the lyrics of these songs........ smoking
Bitch Slap Rappin
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 04:02:40 PM »

Second Song: It's So Easy
It's so easy nothing seems to please me....

This song I believe is about the Punk Generation and getting on with having a good time without having that much money. But also stating that if you spend all your time just idleling around you're really not going to go anywhere. "You get nothing for nothing if that's what you do. Turn around bitch I've got a use for you." ---- It's so easy when everybody is trying to please me---
Life can seem to be very easy when they are rolling out the red carpets for you.......but realty has it's way of not making it that way. It can be easy once in awhile but not all of the time.
rose22
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 06:40:42 PM »

oh boy confused
Duffio
Rocker

uh oh, they're back...

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 07:48:12 PM »

I'm starting a thread here about what the songs are about. Feel free to add. But I'd like to keep it in order of songs that appear on the cd's along with the order of releases that came in chronological order. (O.k we don't have to get to specific in regards to the releases)
First cd Appetitie for Destruction:

First track: Welcome to the Jungle

This song is what it is like living from day to day on the streets with almost no home to crash in. The sentiment here is really the young adolescents who turned away from a past life. In example: Leaving a broken home or moving away from your town to another town.
 Welcome to the Jungle is a street survival song which was going on everywhere but paticularly in the streets of LA. Trying to make it to your next meal and dealing and wheeling to make some money to survive. In the case of the songwriters of this song I would say it was about what I just wrote but also the added frustrations of trying to break it in the music business when there are no lucky breaks or hand outs. Welcome to the Jungle is one of those songs that carry on the philosophical sentiment from one generation to the other.  It's one of those songs that grind out the pissed off what the """" feeling we all feel from time to time when life's struggle is really ripping us apart at the seams. I guess for me the clip in the video where Axl is in that electric chair and he's screaming and twisting uncontrollably really protrays how some of us feel when life is kicking us in the ass........real hard!!!!

Next song: It's so Easy...............(Feel free to write one for the 2nd song off of Appetite)
By the way it's alright if there are two posts for one song. Just respect each others views because not everyone is going to have the same exact perception of the lyrics of these songs........ smoking

it was axl's cultural shock coming from a small country town to a city like l.a. and seattle (i forgot where i read this, but it was written when for whatever reason they went to seattle and it was crazy compared to what he was used to.) 
Duffio
Rocker

uh oh, they're back...

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 07:48:43 PM »

why are you doing this overanalyzation anyway?   this is most likely dead horse grade a quality material...
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 11:10:37 PM »

i think OMG is about stupid threads

Jarmo, please bury it where no body can find it Wink thanks

Tongue

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 11:48:18 PM »

I think this is a good thread, but most of us know what all the old songs are about and we've talked and analyzed until we're blue in the face.  What would be more interesting is talking about the new songs and what they're about.  Who and what is "The Blues" about?
Bitch Slap Rappin
Rocker

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2008, 03:41:08 PM »

Third track of Appetite: Night Train

Night Train

A go out and have a good time song while you?re on your way trying to make something of your life. I think this song was more for the struggling musician trying to make his or her way in the music business. I guess Axl in his attempt to spoon out the truth about what?s going on in the lime light can sometimes result in having certain groups of people coming down on your point of view. But he states they won?t break me I?m innocent. Taking that night train and disregarding what people might say or write about you because you?re going to need a second thick skin to make it in the rock & roll business???.take that one to Heart!!!!
wadey
Legend

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2008, 03:46:38 PM »

Night Train

A go out and have a good time song while you?re on your way trying to make something of your life. I think this song was more for the struggling musician trying to make his or her way in the music business. I guess Axl in his attempt to spoon out the truth about what?s going on in the lime light can sometimes result in having certain groups of people coming down on your point of view. But he states they won?t break me I?m innocent. Taking that night train and disregarding what people might say or write about you because you?re going to need a second thick skin to make it in the rock & roll business???.take that one to Heart!!!!

"They wont break me" & "Take that one to heart" are "out ta' get me" lyrics........ confused
cant wait for song #4 ........
maybe not the correct running order but what about...........................DEAD HORSE
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 03:50:01 PM by wadey9 » Logged

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2008, 06:28:46 PM »

i'm so glad music is subjective  Smiley

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2008, 06:42:25 PM »

Night Train

A go out and have a good time song while you’re on your way trying to make something of your life. I think this song was more for the struggling musician trying to make his or her way in the music business. I guess Axl in his attempt to spoon out the truth about what’s going on in the lime light can sometimes result in having certain groups of people coming down on your point of view. But he states they won’t break me I’m innocent. Taking that night train and disregarding what people might say or write about you because you’re going to need a second thick skin to make it in the rock & roll business……….take that one to Heart!!!!

No offense, but please give this up. BTW, the song is about getting fucking drunk off cheap-ass Night train, the crap that costs about $4 a bottle and gets you blitzed.

LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2008, 08:12:32 PM »

Looks like Out Ta get me is next.
My interpretation:
- - - - -

"No offense" but some of you guys are full of shit.

Someone makes somewhat unique and potentially huge thread that could actually be interesting as hell to read through once it is " ready"  and all you choose to contribute with is negative bullshit?
Guess some are too  so used to idle, pointless and stupid speculation and reading about EXITING stuff like frank and pisser tourdates and trying to see if Mysteron knows how many tuesdays theres left til Mayans decide to end the world that when some1 actually tries to use their head while posting a thread its shocking and confusing?

Ofc I am not contributing with much else than negative bullshit either; its just that some of you need  to be reminded what you are full of* sometimes. yes yes

*shit

- - - - -

..Did I get it right?

No but really, It was  very easy to identify with Out ta get me as a teenager.

The song just nails the " no one understands me,  whole world is against me,  wah wah wah"-vibe that comes with the age.

When little bit older, I learned grin widely at (in some oddball ironic way) the extremely selfish undertone that  keeps being very present through the entire song. Ofc, it too is very fitting considering the nature of the whole teenage- thing:
Protagonist is just "innocent" while "they" just push him to corner to get him fight, " they"  rape his rights, and when protagonist gets drunk and ends fucking things up, its not really his fault, but the  other guy's who bought "that  fifth of whiskey"
All in all, Out Ta get me has tons of utter and  complete  refusal of taking responsibility going on.Perhaps sarcasm too. There's no way in hell Axl believes it himself for a second( or expects anyone else to believe..) when he announces I'm fucking innocent

..Ofc Axl's trubles with law come in mind  through this song too; theres very strong antisocial undertone going.  Fuck cops, fuck parents, fuck authoritahhh.
It's kinda punk even, almost:p

All in all its pretty cool anthem for teenage.Unlike some much better known and more recognized anthems, like Nirvana's Smells like Teen spirit,  Out Ta get me has the added benefit of lyrics being so obvious that the 14 year old world hater in question can actually get them:D
..Well in 2008 that doesnt matter at all cause they listen to My Chemical romance anyway. Fucking half grown fags.

please keep them coming Bitchslap and others. it's always fun to read what certain song makes people think/feel. yes

And just because Slash or Axl or whomever has said in an interview around 1991 that Nightrain was born when " we walked around the sreeet drank as hell  yellin nightrain randomly" (or something along those lines) it sure as fucking hell doesnt mean that would be the only interesting thing anyone could ever say of the song.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 08:34:07 PM by LeftToDecay » Logged

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
Bitch Slap Rappin
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2008, 09:17:13 AM »

My interpretation:
- - - - -

Someone makes somewhat unique and potentially huge thread that could actually be interesting as hell to read through once it is " ready"  and all you choose to contribute with is negative bullshit?
Guess some are too  so used to idle, pointless and stupid speculation and reading about EXITING stuff like frank and pisser tourdates and trying to see if Mysteron knows how many tuesdays theres left til Mayans decide to end the world that when some1 actually tries to use their head while posting a thread its shocking and confusing?

Ofc I am not contributing with much else than negative bullshit either; its just that some of you need  to be reminded what you are full of* sometimes. yes yes

*shit

- - - - -

..Did I get it right?

The song just nails the " no one understands me,  whole world is against me,  wah wah wah"-vibe that comes with the age.

When little bit older, I learned grin widely at (in some oddball ironic way) the extremely selfish undertone that  keeps being very present through the entire song. Ofc, it too is very fitting considering the nature of the whole teenage- thing:
Protagonist is just "innocent" while "they" just push him to corner to get him fight, " they"  rape his rights, and when protagonist gets drunk and ends fucking things up, its not really his fault, but the  other guy's who bought "that  fifth of whiskey"
All in all, Out Ta get me has tons of utter and  complete  refusal of taking responsibility going on.Perhaps sarcasm too. There's no way in hell Axl believes it himself for a second( or expects anyone else to believe..) when he announces I'm fucking innocent

..Ofc Axl's trubles with law come in mind  through this song too; theres very strong antisocial undertone going.  Fuck cops, fuck parents, fuck authoritahhh.

All in all its pretty cool anthem for teenage.Unlike some much better known and more recognized anthems, like Nirvana's Smells like Teen spirit,  Out Ta get me has the added benefit of lyrics being so obvious that the 14 year old world hater in question can actually get them:D
..Well in 2008 that doesnt matter at all cause they listen to My Chemical romance anyway. Fucking half grown fags.

please keep them coming Bitchslap and others. it's always fun to read what certain song makes people think/feel. yes

And just because Slash or Axl or whomever has said in an interview around 1991 that Nightrain was born when " we walked around the sreeet drank as hell  yellin nightrain randomly" (or something along those lines) it sure as fucking hell doesnt mean that would be the only interesting thing anyone could ever say of the song.

Thanks. I do appologise for getting the Night Train and Out to get me. I will continue to write my interpretations of the songs. If some other Guners here pissed off that I'm contributing to this sight well just remember their are some G&R songs that you might fall under. If you're a Pro Guns & Roses fans than you will understand why I started this thread. If you're not a Guns & Roses fan well there is a Britney Spears blog sight. I'm sure you can go over there and support her.  beer

Edit to fix quote
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 05:09:38 PM by Jim » Logged
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2008, 11:09:23 AM »

My interpretation:
- - - - -

*shit

- - - - -

..Did I get it right?

Thanks. I do appologise for getting the Night Train and Out to get me. I will continue to write my interpretations of the songs. If some other Guners here pissed off that I'm contributing to this sight well just remember their are some G&R songs that you might fall under. If you're a Pro Guns & Roses fans than you will understand why I started this thread. If you're not a Guns & Roses fan well there is a Britney Spears blog sight. I'm sure you can go over there and support her.  beer

I'm a pro GNR fan and this thread has been done a million times, so quite trying to insult the people (with insinuations about Spears) who say it should be in the Dead Horse section.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 05:10:07 PM by Jim » Logged

LeftToDecay
VIP

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2008, 11:18:55 AM »

this thread has been done a million times, so quite trying to insult the people (with insinuations about Spears) who say it should be in the Dead Horse section.

Yeah?Can you provide a few a links  to threads  attempting to compile song interpretations of GNRs entire catalogue under the same roof?
Apparently theres millions of them. so I'm sure you can find a couple!
Imho there has always been surprisingly little talk about songs and actual music here. Thereads like this are very welcome and  fun to read so SHUSH!

« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 11:24:08 AM by LeftToDecay » Logged

Bitch Slap Rappin
Rocker

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2008, 12:22:51 PM »

I'm going to skip to Mr. Brownstone because of my mistake on screwing up Night Train and Out to get me.

Mr. Brownstone.

This song is like a Rolling Stones song called Dancing with Mr. D. A song about heroine.
A comparison is made here in the line ?I wish I never met her? indicating that this bad addiction is like a love affair with a woman. It?s obvious that this song is a reminder of how that brown powder is nothing but placing ones self in a prison of nirvana that comes with a very high price to pay in the end. To be chained and shackled to a wall where the only person who can unlock the chains is the user himself. But in the end if you do decide to use your key and unlock yourself from those chains you can leave it all behind.
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2008, 01:45:26 PM »

This isn't a terrible idea IMHO... but it could definitely benefit from a few "changes":

1. Move to Dead Horse (not the kiss of death every one makes it out to be);
2. Each album gets its own thread; and
3. Each post discusses EVERY song on said album- as opposed to several different posts that will inevitably end up getting the entire track listing screwed up as they are made (i.e. if I were to chime in with my interpretation of "It's So Easy" right now.... I'd all ready be out of order).

Just my 0.02.ok
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 01:47:38 PM by MaoAxl » Logged

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Bitch Slap Rappin
Rocker

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2008, 10:56:15 AM »

Paradise City

This song is an ancient belief that for some still holds a biblical meaning in the modern world. Rags and Richs so they say you?ve got to keep pushing for the fortune and fame.
We all want our piece of the pie while we are alive. We all have a vision of what our own Paradise is in our life. But does such a place exist here. Or is it something that is reserved for the after life. Take me down to the Paradise city where the grass is green and the girls are pretty?..won?t you please take me home. I believe that Axl already stated what he means by this by the tattoo of the Cross on his arm. He may not be into organized religions but does have a secret personal belief that Paradise is indeed a place not here on Earth but in the after life. When Christ and two other men were sentenced to death on the Cross one man who was a murder said ?I deserve to be sentenced to death for the crimes I?ve committed. But this man has done nothing but spoke out about living in peace and forgiving man for his sins. The man asked Christ to forgive him. Christ than turned to him and said: ?For what you just said you will be with me and enter my Fathers kingdom and live in Paradise.?
wadey
Legend

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2008, 03:33:01 PM »

Paradise City

This song is an ancient belief that for some still holds a biblical meaning in the modern world. Rags and Richs so they say you’ve got to keep pushing for the fortune and fame.
We all want our piece of the pie while we are alive. We all have a vision of what our own Paradise is in our life. But does such a place exist here. Or is it something that is reserved for the after life. Take me down to the Paradise city where the grass is green and the girls are pretty…..won’t you please take me home. I believe that Axl already stated what he means by this by the tattoo of the Cross on his arm. He may not be into organized religions but does have a secret personal belief that Paradise is indeed a place not here on Earth but in the after life. When Christ and two other men were sentenced to death on the Cross one man who was a murder said “I deserve to be sentenced to death for the crimes I’ve committed. But this man has done nothing but spoke out about living in peace and forgiving man for his sins. The man asked Christ to forgive him. Christ than turned to him and said: “For what you just said you will be with me and enter my Fathers kingdom and live in Paradise.”

and theres me thinking its all about where the grass is green and the girls have big titties...!

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
LeftToDecay
VIP

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2008, 03:39:30 PM »

Also about Paradise City;

To me the song  has always been about dreams melting away, having to face the harsher  reality underneath. about expectations getting sattered. L.A was more harsh and cynical than the imaginary  postcard version of it that [name of whoever wrote the lyrics of the song  here]used to have before entering it.

3. Each post discusses EVERY song on said album- as opposed to several different posts that will inevitably end up getting the entire track listing screwed up as they are made (i.e. if I were to chime in with my interpretation of "It's So Easy" right now.... I'd all ready be out of order).

'Mess is good. Also, in 2100 when this thread is ready, assuming ppl actually bother to contribute with something else than assine and useless whine, original poster or some mod could easily enough arrange the interpretations in " right" order.
also, No1 is going to bother to attempt to analyze an entire goddamned album in a single go:o
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 03:43:38 PM by LeftToDecay » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: