Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 05:19:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Entertainment Weekly suggests GN'R could perform at VMA's
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Entertainment Weekly suggests GN'R could perform at VMA's  (Read 116386 times)
XxWickeds10xX
Rocker

GNFNR

« Reply #440 on: September 10, 2008, 09:24:27 PM »

Why would Gnr play the VMA's looking to promote something? Do the math.

I would have to hope that whoever is at the helm of the GnR camp would realize that the targeted audience for those shows are teens. Why else is Brittany such a big deal, The F'n Jonas Bros? Come on? What place does Axl Rose have there anymore? Mtv is not what it used to be.

When bands like GnR, Nirvana and Pearl Jam were all the rage on MTV all those years ago most of their fans were the teen rockers - that was fashionable for younger folk then, this hip-hop stuff is fashionable now.  It's not really changed.

If your Axl Rose/GnR, MTV has changed, its not really for them.

How many Hard Rock bands on GnR's level do you see on MTV now? I cant think of any let alone 1.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #441 on: September 10, 2008, 10:35:53 PM »

I was reading an article the other day about the movie industry and how every few years a woman?s movie comes along and the industry is surprised just how big the sales are.  The writer was saying that the teen population has deceased from past times and maybe it was time for the industry to start looking and marketing to a different demographic instead of just teens.

Personally, I?m an old rocker and I haven?t left music behind me.  I?m still listening but it?s hard to find the new music.  It would be nice if I could flip on my MTV!  It?d be nice if the music was put in my face.

But my question is this, there?s plenty of old rock acts still out there wanting to make music so why the fuck are you making it for teenagers?  They just think your old men making asses of yourself.  There?s plenty going on in the adult world to write songs about, god knows I need rock music to get me through.  The Stones still sell out big time, look at the age of who goes to those concerts and the big bucks they pay.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
XxWickeds10xX
Rocker

GNFNR

« Reply #442 on: September 11, 2008, 09:40:04 AM »

The writer was saying that the teen population has deceased from past times and maybe it was time for the industry to start looking and marketing to a different demographic instead of just teens.

Ya think? LOL

I dont know if its me getting old, or the music just flat out sucking, but I cant watch MTV for more than 2 minutes. There is no outlet for fans like us. :whine:
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #443 on: September 11, 2008, 10:22:36 AM »

The writer was saying that the teen population has deceased from past times and maybe it was time for the industry to start looking and marketing to a different demographic instead of just teens.

Ya think? LOL

I dont know if its me getting old, or the music just flat out sucking, but I cant watch MTV for more than 2 minutes. There is no outlet for fans like us. :whine:

Could just be that every time you turn on MTV, they're playing some dumb-ass "reality" TV show.  I want my MTV, but unfortunately it died long ago . . .   no
acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« Reply #444 on: September 14, 2008, 11:49:33 AM »

the only current rock bands on MTV are Foo Fighters, Linkin Park, and White Stripes.

can we move this topic now?

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: