Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 14, 2024, 05:38:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228049 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Batman "The Dark Knight"
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Batman "The Dark Knight"  (Read 84116 times)
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #140 on: July 27, 2008, 11:39:11 AM »

First of all, making a "realistic" Batman movie is a huge mistake. Are we supposed to believe that this city, in the good ol' US of A, is kinda like a better looking Bagdad, with the authorities being completly powerless against a group of not-so-smart looking thugs and a weird psychopath? And Batman's "toys" just don't work when you're trying to make them realistic..the car that after taking a shitload of bumps and crashes, turns into a magical motorcycle that can turn on a fucking wall, the goggles, give me a break !  Tim Burton knew exactly what Batman was: it was pure fantasy, not meant to be taken seriously, but to be enjoyed .

Doesn't sound too far off to me.  Whether he was a psychopath or not, Capone certainly went to work on Chicago justice for a good amount of time, and that period, as I understand it, was the basis for the crime in this movie.

Whole different era, dude...

So?  It's fiction.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #141 on: July 27, 2008, 11:53:53 AM »

First of all, making a "realistic" Batman movie is a huge mistake. Are we supposed to believe that this city, in the good ol' US of A, is kinda like a better looking Bagdad, with the authorities being completly powerless against a group of not-so-smart looking thugs and a weird psychopath? And Batman's "toys" just don't work when you're trying to make them realistic..the car that after taking a shitload of bumps and crashes, turns into a magical motorcycle that can turn on a fucking wall, the goggles, give me a break !  Tim Burton knew exactly what Batman was: it was pure fantasy, not meant to be taken seriously, but to be enjoyed .

Doesn't sound too far off to me.  Whether he was a psychopath or not, Capone certainly went to work on Chicago justice for a good amount of time, and that period, as I understand it, was the basis for the crime in this movie.

So?  It's fiction.

That's kinda my point. It's fiction, it's pure fantasy, let's not spoil it by making it too serious and realistic

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #142 on: July 27, 2008, 12:00:47 PM »

So?  It's fiction.

That's kinda my point. It's fiction, it's pure fantasy, let's not spoil it by making it too serious and realistic

I prefer a depiction of what might be called an "alternate reality," rather than the colorful, ice-capades approach of "Batman and Robin".  Those films just got really silly.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #143 on: July 27, 2008, 01:01:04 PM »

I was talking about the Burton's movies, Batman and Robin was the most stupid thing ever, I don't even classify it as a Batman flick

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #144 on: July 27, 2008, 01:21:35 PM »

Went Yesterday morning at noon to watch it thinking I wouldn't be sitting in the 4th row this time.

Yeah, I sit in the exact seat as the first time I watched it

Theater was STILL packed.

The movie left me with the same awesome feeling as the first time I watched it.

Is it bad that I relate to the Joker on a lot of levels???

Anyway, I'll definitely be going for a third showing before it leaves theaters.

When I go see NIN in Knoxville August 12th, I may leave early so I can watch it at their Imax theater.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #145 on: July 27, 2008, 02:14:49 PM »

$300 million and counting.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2008-07-27-box-office_N.htm
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #146 on: July 27, 2008, 02:38:36 PM »

I was talking about the Burton's movies, Batman and Robin was the most stupid thing ever, I don't even classify it as a Batman flick

Honestly, I don't know who directed what.  Did Burton do the first two?  Because I did like those MUCH more than what came after (until Dark Knight).

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #147 on: July 27, 2008, 03:02:55 PM »

Honestly, I don't know who directed what.  Did Burton do the first two?  Because I did like those MUCH more than what came after (until Dark Knight).

didnt a guy called Joel Schumacher or something direct the last two batman movies of the original franchise?

html sucks
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #148 on: July 27, 2008, 03:31:56 PM »

Yes to the previous two posts....Burton did 1 &2, then Schumacher brought on the bat-nipples and sidekicks.
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #149 on: July 27, 2008, 08:18:40 PM »

Just saw it.Heath Ledger was indeed amazing.  Nice contrast to Nicholson's gentleman psycho. Definately one of the best roles in a loong time.Or characters. Or both!

Who ever wrote the script of Dark knight was fucking lazy.  3 hours of Joker running around, putting explosives in unlikely places and then pulling off a blackmailing routine of varying scale. it's just too repetitive. Wayyy too repetitive.
 Too many locations.  Either Hospitals or  ships should have been left out;" okay when pushed to limits and making something a question of life or death  ppl might turn to killers or psychos or kilerpsychos  we get the fuking point!!"

During 2nd half of the movie Joker stops being Joker and starts being evil version of the main character in unusually bad Bond movie. He outsmarts and bluffs everyone, survives from anything and is so superior to everyone else that no1 even bothers to wonder how the fuck everything essential keeps getting rigged with explosives agan and again.

Ending  was forced."But  B?tm?n! How do we, the humble habitants of the city that is plagued by organized crime and psycho blowing everything including police stations and hospitals up, ever explain the death of these four (4!) people???
B?tm?n: hmm i see no other option than taking the blame:o

...But it wasnt a bad movie yes
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 08:22:23 PM by LeftToDecay » Logged

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
Chief
Legend

« Reply #150 on: July 28, 2008, 12:18:21 AM »

you should leave early and see it on imax, it will be totally worth it!

Went Yesterday morning at noon to watch it thinking I wouldn't be sitting in the 4th row this time.

Yeah, I sit in the exact seat as the first time I watched it

Theater was STILL packed.

The movie left me with the same awesome feeling as the first time I watched it.

Is it bad that I relate to the Joker on a lot of levels???

Anyway, I'll definitely be going for a third showing before it leaves theaters.

When I go see NIN in Knoxville August 12th, I may leave early so I can watch it at their Imax theater.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #151 on: July 28, 2008, 12:27:03 AM »

Wow, this movie is just crushing all records!  That's the second article I've read that has dared to mention Titanic...  Shocked
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #152 on: July 28, 2008, 12:44:54 AM »

yeah but i doubt it will break titanics record. don't get my wrong id love for it to break the record but with all this piracy i doubt it will happen. ill probably just end up in the top 5 box office movies of all time.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #153 on: July 28, 2008, 01:29:22 AM »

yeah but i doubt it will break titanics record. don't get my wrong id love for it to break the record but with all this piracy i doubt it will happen. ill probably just end up in the top 5 box office movies of all time.

Well... Shrek passed $400 million in 43 days and still pulled in 44 million AFTER that, if The Dark Knight is on pace to pass $400 million in 18 days, it's looking very likely that it will crack $500 million.  That's ahead of the original Star Wars and #2 all time.  Titanic may be out of reach... so it might "just be the #2 box office movie of all time".... adjusted for inflation all you want, this movie is still a monster!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #154 on: July 28, 2008, 03:08:12 PM »

Well... Shrek passed $400 million in 43 days and still pulled in 44 million AFTER that, if The Dark Knight is on pace to pass $400 million in 18 days, it's looking very likely that it will crack $500 million.  That's ahead of the original Star Wars and #2 all time.  Titanic may be out of reach... so it might "just be the #2 box office movie of all time".... adjusted for inflation all you want, this movie is still a monster!

The think about TDK is that there are lots of people who go back and watch it a second, third or fourth time.

Just like all the horny boys and girls went to see the movie about the ship 30 times.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #155 on: July 28, 2008, 04:08:10 PM »

Ive seen it twice and can definitely see myself watching it 2 more times.

bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #156 on: July 28, 2008, 07:10:06 PM »

I've seen it three times already, and am planning a fourth at an IMAX theater in a few days.

That'll be enough, I think.    hihi
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #157 on: July 28, 2008, 07:13:48 PM »

id love to see it a couple more times at the imax but the nearest one to me is really far, and i dont want to see it at a crappy theater
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #158 on: July 29, 2008, 12:21:16 AM »

id love to see it a couple more times at the imax but the nearest one to me is really far, and i dont want to see it at a crappy theater

next time you'll see it it'll be on a crappy ol' DVD then wont it?  Sad
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #159 on: July 29, 2008, 12:24:52 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: